All Comments on 'Wing Man'

by Hopenot

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Galama88aGalama88a10 months ago

Great story thabks

woodrangewoodrange10 months ago

a very cool story. thank you

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He might forgive her if she was under the influence of something, but marry her again? She went to a party, without her husband, drank around other men, and got date-raped. That's not the sort of good decision making you want to be attached to for life. Sorry. There are about 3 billion women of legal age on the planet at any given moment. Pick one, odds are it'll turn out better than this.

stewartbstewartb10 months ago

To Anonymous - She went to a party without husband ... the guy that drugged her was a work "friend" so an office group night out ... not a bar date without hubby. To bad office worker friend was a predator. Didn't fit slut wife image.

olddave51olddave5110 months ago

I agree with stewartb. In my working career I went to many happy hours with fellow workers. I am not a drinker so I always was the designated driver. I met many thankful spouses because I drove many man or woman who had too much home. As I read it I recognized the affects of what some date rape drugs have. I am glad they re-found each other.

I liked the story 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

I liked the way this ended!

5

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very good story.

Regguy69Regguy6910 months ago

Liked it, thanks for sharing. As stewartb pointed out, she was with a group of friends for an after-work gathering, which should have been a reasonably safe environment. In this case, it was logical to assume she was actually the victim of Jim the serial rapist, and blameless. I'm glad Jim got put away, I'm also pretty sure Rick and his pal may have some legal problems related to Jim's assault (not that it wasn't richly deserved).

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6910 months ago

5 Stars fot good story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Short but effective story. There's been a few other stories where wives cheated but it turned out they were drugged. I can't imagine a husband not taking someone back under those circumstances. I'm thankful it hasn't happened in my life with my wife or daughters. If it had, I may be writing this from my cell. 4.6*

Comentarista82Comentarista8210 months ago

Very short, and while I've read short installments before, an author usually employs them differently from this.

***

Don't know I've ever read a story where an ex-wife serves as "wingman" for a former husband. Novel idea, and never a premise I remember attempted before. You appear to explain just enough to support that idea, so that's ok; you definitely demonstrate it tears Mandy up at times, knowing he's had sex with some of those Mandy "snagged" for him, and that's appropriate. Where I start having trouble is when Christy first utilizes some kind of odd accent, then drops it. When he later states "Mandy's never lied to me," the story implies he expects full honesty--further implying he'd be pissed as hell to have been fooled in such a way--and most likely, breaking off the "chat" with Christy when he's discovered she's a psychiatrist. I'm sure there have been mental health professionals on police stakeouts, certainly some employed in high-level jury selections and definitely some on talk shows to help certain individuals. To do something like this? It's very unethical, as this kind of contact is forbidden, since he would be a patient. Only way to solve it would have been to perhaps have Mandy set up a mixed gathering of "friends," where Christy was in that group, but not truly interacting one-on-one with him: it would still be done under false pretenses, but it could be sold to the reader because she would be keeping her distance at least. Then there was a rather inane statement made like "if she had a kid, he'd be a breast man" just because she is well-endowed? Only scientific correlation anyone could make is that large-breasted women are generally acknowledged to be more fertile. To sell a more authentic counseling approach, you could have inserted many more discussions perhaps at some kind of informal meetings between Rick and Mandy to show they still connected and the more Rick talked with her, the more he doubted Mandy just "got drunk" and "did" a guy. That could have segued into visiting a psychiatrist and scheduling the counseling and beginning their reconciliation. To present it under false pretenses like this, where the story uses Christy as a vehicle to "spell it out" to Rick is flat, force-feeding the reader and doing it almost in a straight-dialogue format.

***

The one thing she suggests that proves noteworthy and possible is that Jim may have drugged her, and Rick never considered it. On the flip side, when Shane and Rick track down Jim, the story states he was "doing it again," BUT it provided zero details if a toxicology report discovered that. While it is possible, that's definitely something you needed to have included to back that finding. Let's assume it popped positive: that would justify Jim's merciless beating at Shane's hands and reinforce Rick's payback.

***

On the plus side, it's wonderful Rick forgives Mandy and they remarry. However, 1 Lit page (as already highlighted) is far too short to have done this justice, as it's simply too convenient to have the shrink diagnose him and basically solve it all for him, without the story showing him nor Mandy doing the "footwork" in between. It's simply best to at least flesh out enough story and necessary details where the characters do what they can, involve others that can help fill in the pieces, then resolve things credibly. Given the story lacks those items and for the reasons above, best I can rate is 2.

SatyrDickSatyrDick10 months ago

[29.07.23]

A Short Sweet Story!

11/10!!!!!

DazzyDDazzyD9 months ago

Excellent!! D

GardenshedGardenshed9 months ago

Good story, very silly the wingman is his Ex. Good ending Jim got what he had coming to him, with jail time to boot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous