Winter Soldier's Soulmate Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Steve flushed, "You keep thinking I've got this magical something or other that gets people to just fall over me and I really don't, ok."

"Yeah whatever you say cap."

Steve just shook his head and trudged out of the room, grabbing the box and spare clothing that Lucy had dropped to take it to her.

He was stopped however by Jarvis:

"Captain Roger's there seems to be another mix up in the mailroom."

"What do you mean Jarvis?"

"Well, there is an envelope addressed to Punk."

"Don't let anyone else touch it. I'm heading there immediately,'' said Steve, barely stopping himself from sprinting to the mailroom.

When he got there he saw a somewhat frazzled intern sorting through the mail.

"The letter?" Steve asked impatiently.

The man gestured vaguely towards a bin marked IMPORTANT AVENGERS, sitting on top, in Bucky's handwriting were the words Punk.

The super-soldier couldn't have stopped the reflexive swallow he took before picking up the envelope, even if he had wanted to.

He walked as calmly as he could to the elevators and took them up to his floor, walking to his apartment, entering and sitting gingerly on the couch, staring down at his shaking hands clutching the envelope.

Steve opened it, trembling.

Punk,

I know you know it's me, so I won't bother dragging this out too much.

I'm glad I pulled you out of the river, didn't know why I did it at the time, but now I do. It's because nothing has changed, you're still an idiot and you always did need me to come rescue you.

Steve's eyes went blurry making it impossible to read on before he gave a hearty sniff and wiped at them.

I'm glad your crew picked up Luce, she's safer with you than she is with me right now. But don't go getting any ideas. I know she's hot, I've seen her naked. Almost came in my pants the first time. Never told her though, obviously. But she's all mine if you need to clarify that just look at her inner thigh where my name is. On second thought, don't. I have no desire for my-punk-of-a-best-friend looking at my dame that way.

I had enough competition with the ladies from you after the super-soldier serum, I don't need anymore. Besides knowing you and your catholic morals, I bet you haven't even kissed a girl yet.

Alright, I'll stop dragging up the past and how many times I saved your ass and how much you owe me.

I know you know I'm in the city, but don't tell Lucy, she'll do something stupid and one of us will have to rescue her hot ass.

I'm gonna take care of whoever keeps chasing us, then I'll come pick her up... if she'll still have me.

Just between you and me Steve, I'm terrified she hates me. You've seen me, I'm a mess.

So if the best I can do is make sure she's safe then I'll consider myself a lucky man.

James "Bucky" Barnes

P.S. contact number if there's an emergency but I'll probably know about it before you ***-***-****

P.S.S Don't you dare call me to talk about the condoms, I'm sure you saw them, I was just as surprised as you. The answer to any other questions about them is No Comment.

Steve read the letter ten times before it sunk in that it was real. His Bucky, the jerk, was real. He was alive and well...Or as well as he could be.

Bucky's personality came through loud and clear from the letter. His intonation, tone, everything was so familiar.

Steve couldn't stop the big fat tear that rolled down his nose and dripped on the bottom of the letter. He swiped at it. The tear smeared.

The super soldier put the letter down on the coffee table and wiped his eyes. Bucky was the same old smartass he ever was, though it would be nice to pull the rug from underneath him and tell him he had gotten not just one but three kisses since the last time they had talked. He bet Bucky's jaw would drop.

Author's Note: Drop a comment.

12