WitchHart: Dark Temptation

Story Info
Will Hart is tempted towards a darkness from his past.
16.9k words
4.58
3.3k
5
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(Note: All characters in this story are 18 or over)

WitchHart: Dark Temptation

Prologue

The year is 1970, eerie, dense fog has drifted from Lake Huron into the small town of Pine Bay. As it snakes through the streets, a gray station wagon with wood paneling attempts to stay ahead of the dense cloud. The car speeds out of Pine Bay's north end and onto a gravel backroad. Inside, Father James Eldridge tries to maintain control as fog begins to overtake the vehicle. The priest is middle aged with a bald head, weathered ebony skin and a thin black beard. "Hang on Faith," he says while briefly glancing to his passenger.

A young woman with curled chestnut hair and fair skin looks at Father Eldridge with wide, sky blue eyes and nods. "Be careful Father." With visibility hindered by overwhelming fog, the car begins to drift off the road. Despite his best efforts, Eldridge cannot navigate back to the road and crashes into a tree. Thankfully, seatbelts allow the pair to escape impact with only a few minor cuts. After a few moments of recovery, they make their way out of the wrecked station wagon. "It's like it was chasing us," Faith says in reference to the eerie fog.

"It was," Father Eldridge replies as he leans into the back seat. He retrieves a canvas bag and shotgun before returning to his companion. The priest puts the strapped bag over his shoulder, reaches in and pulls out a silver cross. Each edge of the holy symbol comes to a point. "We are dealing with forces beyond this world," Eldridge explains as Faith takes the cross. The young woman gives and understanding nod as they continue on foot into a wooded area. Waiting for them on the other side is a fog shrouded manor sitting atop a bayside cliff. The sound of waves crashing on the rocky shore below adds and extra sense of dread as Faith and Eldridge approach the manor's back door. "Remember," the priest says before they enter, "get William and get out. I will deal with the rest."

Inside, the echoing cries of a baby lead them into an old, stone walled basement. After rounding a corner, Faith is taken back by the sight of two figures in hooded black cloaks. Her son lies before them on a pine alter. It's adorned with black cloth and a thick candle made of green wax. "William!" Faith cries out. The figures turn, revealing themselves as Faith's husband, John Pryce and his mother Victoria. He's in his mid-30's with thick black hair and a mustache. She's in her late 60's with faded blonde hair.

"Hello Faith," John says with a devilish grin. "You're just in time to witness the ritual."

"There will be no ritual tonight!" Eldridge exclaims as he cocks his shotgun and points it at the cloaked couple. "Step away from the child!"

"That's not going to happen!," Victoria retorts while holding up her right hand and magically conjuring a green fireball. The fiery attack hits the priest's shoulder, sending he and the gun flying in opposite directions. Eldridge hits his head hard upon impacting the floor and passes out. Faith rushes to him, examines the burn and checks for a pulse. Relieved her companion is still alive, she turns towards the couple. "How can you do this John? He's our son!"

"Family Legacy," John replies. Mother and I are the latest in a long line of Pryce warlocks and witches. "William is a child of destiny that has been prophesized in our coven for generations. That prophecy came to pass when your rare, pure soul mixed with my equally evil one.

Faith gets a perplexed expression on her face as tears form. "I...I don't understand."

"It's actually quite simple dear," John's mother explains, "A child born with perfect balance will become more powerful than any witch or warlock from either side and usher in an era of pure light or darkness. This ritual will ensure he follows the dark path."

"No! I will not allow that to happen!" In an act fueled with pure adrenaline and love, Faith surges forward with the cross Eldridge gave her. The pointed symbol pierces John's heart before he or his mother can react.

"You'll pay for that!" The elder Pryce screams out as she conjures and hurls a green fireball at her daughter in law. Faith pulls the cross from John and holds it in front of the blast. This protects her from being burned like Eldridge, but, the attack still sends her flying backwards into the wall. The impact knocks the wind out of Faith, causing her to slump down to a seated position. Victoria looks down at the body of her son. Continued cries from the child prompt a devilish smile when she looks back up. "My son's death was not part of the plan, however, he already served his purpose. William will usher in an era of darkness and ensure our family legacy lasts forever."

"Please Victoria," the injured Faith pleads, he's just a baby."

Victoria's smile turns to a scowl as she picks up Faith's cross and drives it into her daughter in law's chest. "I avoided the heart because I want you to witness William's dark corruption." Victoria lets out a sinister laugh and turns back to the alter. As Faith's life begins to fade, she feels something near the end of her fingers. A slow, blurred look reveals this to be Father Eldridge's shotgun. Faith summons every ounce of strength she has left to grasp and raise the weapon. Victoria sees this and is about to thwart the last ditch attempt on her life when a thrown cross hits her in the shoulder. She looks to see the source of the attack is a recovered Father Eldridge. Victoria raises her good arm to conjure a retaliation fireball. Her focus on the priest allows Faith to aim and fire the shotgun. The blast blows a hole in Victoria's gut and sends her stumbling to the floor. She crawls to her fallen son and softly mutters an unintelligible phrase before taking a final breath.

"Faith!," Eldridge cries out as he runs to her. "I'm going to go upstairs and call an ambulance."

Faith shakes her head, "It's too late Father. Please, let me hold him before I go." Eldridge somberly nods and retrieves the crying infant. William becomes calm when placed in his mother's arms. Faith gazes into the eyes of her son and smiles. Before drifting into death, she looks up at Father Eldridge. "Keep him on the path of light."

Eldridge wipes away tears, "I will."

Chapter 1

It's a cool, fall evening in Pine Bay. The town looks deserted, save for a handful of locations where citizens have gathered to tailgate and listen to the radio broadcast of a high school football game. One such place is Daz's Pizzeria. Like the other locations, the parking lot is filled with small groups huddled around a few radios. "It all comes down to this," the radio announcer says with a dramatic flare. "The Whitecaps are on their own 45 yard line with no timeouts and 20 seconds left in regulation. Down by 4, a field goal is no good, our boys need a touchdown."

In the neighboring town of Springville, the opposing crowd is at full throat. Coach Chet Jones gathers his Whitecaps into a tight huddle. "We're going to have one, maybe two shots at this." Jones turns to his senior quarterback. "Will, I want you to work the sideline so our receivers can get out of bounds."

Will shakes his head, "that isn't going to work Coach."

"Why not?"

"First," Will continues, "their corners have been playing our receivers tight all night. Second, they'll be expecting us to work the sideline."

Jones looks at the receivers who indicate they agree with their quarterback. "I'm open to suggestions."

Will gestures to the team's running back." Draw away the corners with sideline routes. Then have Hammer fake a chip block and slip into a deep wheel route."

Coach Jones nods as they break the huddle. "The defense is in a nickel formation," the radio announcer explains, "We're in a four receiver set. Hart is in the gun with Chris 'Hammer' Jackson flanked to his right."

Will looks around, then begins his cadence, "ready... hut... hut!" The center snaps the ball and the defensive line charges ahead. Protection holds firm as two receivers run 12 yard corner routes on each side with the other two running 5 yard out routes under them. As expected, the defense keys in on this. Hammer moves to a released linebacker as if he is going to chip block, but, side steps at the last second and explodes into his wheel route. The free backer dives to sack Will. Moments before impact, the quarterback rolls to his right and the backer eats dirt. A charging safety makes contact, however, Hart's tall, athletic frame allows him to shake off the sack attempt.

"Jackson has leverage!" The radio announcer exclaims. "Hart stops his roll, sets and releases an arcing spiral towards the end zone. Jackson loses his defender... gets under the pass... leaps...he's got it! The Whitecaps win with no time left on the clock!" The crowds in Pine Bay erupt with excitement.

At the game, a large team celebration ensues in the end zone. Will finds Hammer for a victory hug. "Nice catch man!"

"Thanks buddy, that pass wasn't too bad either." The friends chuckle before continuing their celebration. After a final team high five session, Hammer and Will head back to the sideline. The disappointed opposing crowd has slowly begun to disperse. As he nears the bench, Will is joined by his girlfriend Audrey. The blonde cheerleader embraces her boyfriend and gives him a congratulatory kiss.

"You're the best baby," she says after their lips part. They are soon joined by Hammer's girlfriend Madison.

Will reciprocates another high five from his best friend, then addresses Madison. "Did they make it?"

"Mom did, but..."

"Dad didn't," Will replies with a sour expression."

Madison tries to cover for the absent father. "Dad has a big sermon on Sunday. I'm sure he was listening on the radio."

"Cheer up baby," Audrey says before giving her boyfriend a quick kiss. "Let's go celebrate." Will nods as he and Hammer jog towards the locker room.

A few hours later, the crowd at Daz's Pizzeria has left. Only William, Audrey, Hammer, and Madison remain in a back booth. Daz cleans up in the kitchen while his teenage waitress, Darla Boyle, begins to sweep the dinning room. The reserved ginger hides a slightly plus sized frame beneath her purposefully oversized, aqua blue uniform dress. She looks up from her duties every so often at Will and the others as they polish off a jumbo pizza. Darla's eyes can't help but drift under the booth where Audrey is rubbing her boyfriend's jean covered crotch. The sight of this excites the waitress to a point where she stops sweeping and unknowingly licks her lips.

Audrey notices this out of the corner of her eye and snaps. "What the hell are you looking at?" Darla avoids the question, turns away and continues sweeping. Audrey gets out of the booth and storms over. "I asked you a question freak! What were you looking at?"

"Just let it go babe," Will says in a calm manner from the booth.

"No! I will not let it go! I refuse to be leered at by this freak!"

Hearing the commotion, Daz comes out. "What seems to be the problem?"

Audrey turns to the owner, "Your waitress was staring at us in a disturbing fashion!"

Daz turns to Darla, "Is that true?" The waitress lowers her head and nods. "I'm so sorry about that," Daz says while gently ushering Audrey back to the booth. He reaches down and takes the group's check off the table. "Your meal is on me."

Embarrassed by Audrey's antics, Will just smiles and replies, "thanks." Hammer and Madison parrot this before they all get up and head out. Exiting behind the others, Will discreetly looks back at Daz and places money on a table near the door.

"That was so creepy," Audrey says as she stops on the passenger side of Will's El Camino. The car sports a paint scheme with their school colors of sea blue and white. Decals of The Whitecap logo adorn each door with an additional decal of Will's #7 centered on the team logo.

"I agree," Will replies, " but you didn't have to get so bent out of shape about it."

"She licked her freaking lips!"

"Audrey has a point," Madison chimes in. "It was uncomfortable."

"Super creepy," Hammer adds.

"Fair enough," Will relents, "I'm sure Daz will make sure it doesn't happen again." This satisfies everyone as the couples bid each other goodnight and leave in separate cars.

Inside, Daz adds the money Will left to his till. Darla, done with her cleaning, approaches him. "I'm sorry about earlier. I caught sight of her under the table and..."

Daz cuts her off, "It doesn't matter what was going on under the table. I can't have you making the customers uncomfortable."

Darla knows what's coming, "please, it won't happen again."

"I know it won't," Daz replies, "I'll give you your last check when you wash and return the uniform."

Darla opens her mouth to protest. A stern gaze from Daz shuts this down, leading the distraught youth to slowly lower her head, sulk through the kitchen and exit the back door.

Will's car sits in a wooded parking lot near Pine Bay's fishing Docks. He and Audrey are on a blanket in the back of his El Camino. Their lips are locked with her hands down Will's jeans and his slid beneath her cheerleading skirt and tights. In the course of the passionate kissing, they strip to their underwear.

On her way home, Darla sees this from a walking path in the wooded area. She quietly moves behind a tree and observes the lovers as Will moves towards Audrey with his hard, throbbing cock.

"Not so fast big boy," the blonde says while placing a hand on her boyfriend's chest. "You know what you have to do first." Will backs off a little, lowers himself and begins to kiss his way up Audrey's inner thigh. She lets out an excited moan as Will drives his tongue deep inside her. "That's it baby!" Audrey gasps while tightly grasping Will's chestnut hair.

Behind the tree, Darla bites her lip to contain moans as she rubs a dripping wet pussy beneath the aqua blue dress and beige pantyhose of her waitress uniform.

Yes!" Audrey cries out during an explosive climax that sends her juices flowing down Will's throat. "That was so good baby."

Will wipes his mouth and lays next to Audrey. "Thanks, uh, is this the night we go to the next level?"

The blonde begins to lightly stroke her boyfriend's hard member while kissing down his torso. This results in a brief blowjob that immediately causes Will to cum. Behind the tree, seeing Will's cream on Audrey's lips leads Darla to have a muted orgasm.

"Still too fast," Audrey tells Will. Maybe you'll be ready by homecoming."

She watches the couple dress and leave before continuing her walk to the fishing docks. After passing a series of fishing vessels that range from new to barely afloat, Darla follows the west dock to an area housing a number of worn and weathered houseboats. The area is the floating equivalent of a trailer court. Darla enters the most worn looking of the group. Faded lettering on the black and gold vessel identify it as The Huron Treasure. Soon after she enters, the peaceful night is disturbed by screaming.

"Now what are you gonna do?" Darla's drunk father yells from his bedroom doorway.

She takes a seat at the kitchen table and replies in a subdued tone, "I'm sure I'll find something else."

"You better!" The father continues, "rent is due next week."

Darla's subdued nature becomes more confrontational. "Well Charles, maybe you should get off your fat ass and take care of it!"

He begins to walk forward. "What the fuck did you just say to me girl?"

Darla stands to confront her approaching father. "You heard me!"

Mr. Boyle raises a hand to strike his daughter, but, the booze takes full effect and he instead falls into her arms. "Should have let you hit the floor." The ginger rolls her eyes and drags him back to bed.

After getting a soda from the fridge, she goes to her room on the other end of the boat. The space is decorated with posters from various horror films. Each one has a witchcraft theme and features a pentagram. Darla pulls an old shoebox from a compartment in the floor, sits cross legged on her bed and opens it. The box contains a photo of an older woman who resembles Darla. "Miss you," she says while looking at the photo. Setting it aside, she digs through the box's other contents.

Most of it is personal trinkets and mementos. However, resting in the very bottom is a small book bound in red leather. After removing the strap, Darla opens the book to reveal it is full of images and Latin text related to witchcraft. She thumbs through the pages until she finds the one she's looking for. Darla intently reads through half the page before stopping.

"Damn," she says while leaning over to pull a library book about foreign dialects from her backpack. "Have to double check." She sets the books side by side and darts her eyes back and forth while going over the page again. Upon looking back up, the ginger lights a candle on her nightstand and starts playing the VHS of a horror film. Noise from the movie disguises Darla's voice as she reads aloud in Latin.

"Dico in tenebris imponere vindictam de inimicis meis."

A light breeze flows in through the window and flickers the candle a bit. Outside of that, nothing else happens. As if on cue, dialog from Darla's movie sheds light on the failure.

"Spells need magical energy in order to work." Darla turns full attention to the TV. "Powerful magic users can create this energy. Everyone else needs a magical conduit of sorts. This can be anything from a graveyard to household objects. The items just have to contain the energy you need."

A sudden snore draws Darla's gaze to the back bedroom. "Probably not the kind of dark energy it's referring to."

Chapter Two

Sun glistens on the stain glass windows of Pine Bay's Church as Father Eldridge concludes a fiery sermon about good and evil. "The good path will not always be easy. Evil will tempt you with short cuts that look promising. However, in the end, this will only lead to darkness." He pauses to let his words sink in, then continues, "please rise and turn your hymnals to page 21." The congregation does as told and begins to sing.

In the church's lower level, Will and other high school students are seated at a number of tables while silently reading scripture for their Biblical Studies class. Anne, Will and Madison's mother, is seated at a desk in the front. She gestures to the singing congregation. "You may leave when they are done."

At the table in the back of the room, Will sits across from Audrey. Above the table they are intently reading. Below, Audrey has slipped a tan, hosed foot from her heel and is sensually rubbing her boyfriend's inner thigh. He chews on a pen to disguise his pleasure while Hammer at the next table shifts to hide the action. When the singing stops, Audrey pulls her foot back and the class exits.

"So, Hammer asks, "have you guys...?"

Will shakes his head, "everything but."

Behind them, Madison has stopped to talk with her mother. "So, did he actually listen to the game, or did I lie to Will again?"

"I honestly don't know," Anne replies. "I do know one thing though."

"What's that?"

"Christopher needs to be less of a Hammer when he leaves. One of these days, your father is going to stop believing my racoon excuse.

"I'll let him know,' Madison says with a grin upon leaving the room."

Moments later, Father Eldridge enters and greets his wife with a modest kiss. "How was class?"

"It was good," she replies. "It sounds like the sermon went well."

He smiles, "I think so. Do you have Will's latest scores?"

Anne pulls a sheet of paper from the desk and hands it to her husband. "He knows the text," she explains, "but.."

"But what?"

Anne sighs, "that will only go so far. If you want him to avoid the dark path, we should probably stop lying to him."