Woman in Love Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Father!" Cindy said as she turned and saw Dr. P. Harvey Eckhart, founder and great leader of 'The Vision' self-help group, at the doorway. "Welcome home!" she said as she released Callie and exchanged a warm hug with her father. He then hugged Callie warmly.

"I just returned from Malaysia." said Dr. Eckhart. "I heard about the most unfortunate incident. Oh yes, I also heard that I am going to be a grandfather. Congratulations, my dear!" He hugged Cindy again.

"I'm glad you're here, Father." Cindy said. "Callie is worried that I don't want to spend the rest of my life with her, and I know of only one way to totally allay her concerns... how soon can you host a wedding ceremony?..."

Part 24 - Union NO! Redux

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Friday, May 29th, from atop the building at Riverside and College, with City Hall in the background. "Black leaders are furious with the District Attorney's Office!"

Bettina began: "After the deaths of four black men who had been charged with drug crimes and a weapons charged, black civic leaders, including candidate for Mayor Eldrick X. Weaver, Council candidate Edgar Silas, current Councilman Reginald B.F. Lewis, and Dr. Joseph E. Williams, pastor of the A.M.E. Church, appealed to District Attorney Miriam Walters to posthumously drop the gun charge.

Bettina: "Many in the Black Community believe that white Police Officer Jeremy Hatch planted the gun to frame the four black men, and even Police Commander Donald Troy issued a statement saying that he would have no problem with those gun charges being dropped.."

Bettina: "However, Assistant District Attorney Savannah Fineman, who is running for the Solicitor position, issued a statement saying, and I quote: 'I strongly believe that the four suspects were guilty of possession of the firearm, and I will not drop the charges, especially just to symbolically pander to black civil rights leaders working for their own political agendas', close quote."

Bettina: "Blacks were outraged, and took to the streets in marches down several major roads through the Town & County. The marches were peaceful, and Police blocked only the area around Courthouse Square and the Government buildings in the area. Sheriff Griswold announced that the dusk-to-dawn curfew would be strictly enforced over the weekend. And now let's go to trusted political reporter Lester Holder, for reaction to this issue. Lester!"

"That's right, Bettina!" said Penis Holder as he came onto the screen. "There is renewed outrage over the District Attorney's Office's refusal to drop the false gun charges, even if it would be symbolic gesture, showing the racism against People of Color by the American IN-justice system.

Penis Holder: "In addition to D.A. Miriam Walters and ADA Fineman running for office, ADA Franklin Washington is also running... to replace Harry R. Nance as Superior Court Judge. While white, Judge Nance's rulings have been very sympathetic and favorable to the black community, while black ADA Washington has cracked down hard on black with merciless prosecutions and demands for long prison sentences on behalf of his white masters in the Town & County Police Force."

Penis Holder: "And also part of the corrupt D.A.'s Office is ADA Paulina Patterson, who claims to be black but spread her legs for a white man, the racist Donald Troy, in another example of white men using black women for their sexual pleasure, resulting in the breeding of a filthy little halfbreed child. So it should be no surprise that ADA Fineman, a white woman, had shown her extreme racism against blacks by allowing false charges against them to stand..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It was silent in the Chief's Conference Room. Everyone was looking at me; even the Sheriff had turned his head to gauge my reaction. His eyes met mine, and I think he could see the inexorable purpose beginning to mount behind my gray peepers.

"You okay, Don?" Cindy asked, easily sensing the enormous vibe coming out of me.

"No." I said. "But I'll say no more about that piece of dog shit Holder. It's just best... if I say no more. If you'll excuse me..."

I took my coffee mug and left the room, and headed back to my office. I sat down in my 'Command Chair'. I looked at the pictures on my desk, of my children. As I looked at the ones of my sons, I remembered what I had told them: to never let an insult pass. (Author's note: 'No Way Out', Ch. 03.) And then I looked at the picture of Tasha, and the rage inside me at the insult to my little girl built and built.

I swear to you, Tasha, I thought to myself, that I will not let the insult to you pass. Lester Holder has crossed the line for the last time. He will pay for his insults to you and your mother. I am going to find a way to do it, and get away with it. My vow, to you and to myself.

I am going to kill Lester Holder.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Union Reps were ushered into the Main Conference Room and told to sit down. A moment later Police Chief Sean Moynahan, Deputy Chief Cindy Ross, and Sheriff Department Chief of Staff Charles T. Oswald came into the room.

"Yooooo requested this meeting." said the Chief to the Union Reps. "Don't waste my time. What do you want?"

"We appreciate you seeing us today." said the first Union Rep with a courteousness that fooled no one present. "We'd like to find a way to resolve these grievances in a mutually beneficial way."

"And how do yoooo pro-pose to do that?" drawled the Chief, with near-amusement in his voice.

"We'll drop all lawsuits and grievances against the Police Department and Commander Troy," said the second Union Rep, "in exchange for all charges being dropped against Sergeant McCombs, and his reinstatement to the Police Force with his rank, titles, and time toward his pension restored."

"Deputy Oswald," said Chief Moynahan, "I need to check my calendar." He then turned to the Reps and said "I didn't realize it's April Fools Day today."

"Very funny." said the first Rep. "It's a serious offer, and a generous offer, and we would appreciate serious consideration of it."

"May I, Commander?" the Chief drawled. Cindy silently handed him her green crowbar, and he tapped it in his hand.

"You know," said the Chief, "I now understand why you and Commander Troy carry these things. The temptation to use this now is... over-whellll-minnnng."

He looked up at the Union Reps and said "McCombs is gone, and he will never, ever, be back on the Town & County Police Force."

"Chief, be reasonable." said the 2nd Rep. "If McCombs isn't convicted... if he's acquitted or even gets just a hung jury... he's coming back. And even if Commander Troy isn't fired, we're going to put that son of a bitch in his place. Or... we can compromise, and do the right thing, here."

"May I, Chief?" Cindy asked. The Chief nodded. Cindy turned to the Reps and said "McCombs is on audio and video calling an unarmed black man the n-word, and telling that man to get on his knees. The rest of it notwithstanding, would you please tell me why it's 'the right thing' (air quotes) to allow a racist like McCombs to return to the Police Force unpunished in any way?"

The silence in the room grew awkward as it went on. Cindy finally said "Well? I'm waiting for your answer."

"I'll go you one furrr-therrrrr." drawled the Chief, still tapping the green crowbar in his hand. "The Black Community is just looking for a reason to start rioting and setting buildings on fire. If the TCPD announced that McCombs was reinstated, and without punishment, they would have that reason, and blood would be shed. Is that what you want? To have your constituent Union member Police Officers put in harm's way like that?"

"You can order your Officers to stand down." said the 2nd Rep. "Like the City Police Officers wisely did when faced by overwhelming numbers."

"I don't believe what I'm hearing." said Chief of Staff Oswald. "I can't believe the Police Union would have Police Officers act like cowards and shirk their duty like that."

"Hear hear." said Cindy. "We're going to do our jobs, and our duty. We will stand up to the violent agitators, and we will take them down. But our questions remain... why would you want us to restore a racist like McCombs to any Police Force, much less this one? Are you racists yourselves?"

"Watch your mouth, little girl." said the first Union Rep angrily. Ice blue eyes flashed cold fire. Cindy held out her hand, and the Chief put the green crowbar back in it.

"My answer to you is 'no'." said the Chief. "Your compromise offer is rejected. McCombs is not coming back, even if he is acquitted of the murder charge. Let me remind you: he has Federal hate crime charges against him, alsoooo."

"And you want that to go to trial?" asked the 2nd Rep. "The USDOJ Civil Rights Division is already suing you. You really want to give them the ammunition to come in and force you into a Consent Decree?"

"Interesting contradictory terms." said Cindy. "How can we be 'forced' into a 'consent' decree?... little boy."

"You watch your mouth, little girl," snarled the first Rep, "or I'll come over there and shove that crowbar down your throat."

"Bring it on... racist!" Cindy fired back, rising to her feet.

"Gentlemen," said the Chief, his hand on his service weapon under the table, "don't you know the first rule of finding yourself in a deep hole... is to stop digging? I suggest you leave... before the Deputy Chief shows you just how badly it hurts when your kidneys are ex-pllloooo-ded by a crowbar blow to your backsides."

The Union Reps got up. "We'll be seeing you in Court, Chief." said the first Rep. "And your little girl, too."

Cindy was ready to expiate some serious tension in her life with some Police Boxing Matches practice, but the Chief's hand in a 'stop' sign prevented her from attacking them. And the Union Reps didn't stay around long enough to become the objects of her derision. They hastily exited.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"They must be desperate." I said as Cindy and I talked with the Chief in his office. "We're in the endgame now. McCombs is gone, pretty much no matter what. I don't understand why they want to save him so badly."

"I would sayyyy," drawled the Chief, "that they would consider getting him reinstated a 'win' over yooooo, Mr. Crowbarrrrr. But it doesn't feeeeeel right."

"Speaking of 'feeling'," Cindy said, "I got a massive vibe off that one Union Rep when I asked them if they were racists. And after that, he got real... touchy... with me, calling me names, threatening me. And the vibe I got... was that I'd touched the hot spot, that his agenda was to gin up a racial situation..."

Part 25 - Prescience

It was the last day of school! Carole and Marie were very excited as they rushed to Stephanie Steele's car and climbed in. "Look, Mom!" Marie said. "We got certificates for Perfect Attendance!"

"You both have had perfect attendance both years." Stephanie said. "That's very good."

She drove them to her office in the Physics Building. Thirty minutes later, Teresa Croyle came and got Carole. Pete Feeley was also with her.

"I'm going to take Pete to his house, then you to yours." Teresa said to Carole.

"That'll work." Carole said, almost cryptically. Stephanie laughed and Teresa gave what was for her a chuckle.

As they drove towards the Muscone home, Teresa seemed to be thinking about something, and she seemed to take special notice of various SUVs on the road.

Carole 'noticed', then said "A big SUV would be a good idea. It would be easier to carry all those boys around."

"I think you're right." Teresa said, wondering how in the world Carole had known Teresa was thinking about buying an SUV for 'troop transportation'.

When they got to Tanya's home, Pete said "Can Carole come in with me? She needs to tell Mom something."

"Okay, we'll all go in." Teresa said. She walked the kids inside.

"Mom," Pete said, coming up to Tanya, "Carole needs to tell you something."

"Okay." Tanya said. "What is it, Carole?"

"Would it be okay if I gave you some ad-vice?" Carole said.

"Uh, sure." Tanya said. "What is it?"

"Let it roll." Carole said. "I know you're mad at my dad now, but if you let it roll, everything will be good by Chriss-muss."

"How will it be good?" Teresa asked, enormously curious herself.

"I don't know 'how'." Carole said. "I just know everything will be good, as long as you stay in the Po-leece Force." Pete nodded vigorously in agreement, though even he did not know why...

Part 25 - Wedding of the Century, Pt. 3

D-Day, the Sixth of June. It was also my son Jim's 6th birthday. He got Legos for his birthday, but he also got a book on football and a camouflage-pattern book bag, for when he'd be starting school in the Autumn.

But this day was also going to be a day of celebration for another reason. 'The Vision' in Coltrane County was hosting the Wedding of the Century III... the last of my three Angels was getting hitched.

Everything was set up near where the River cut across the Vision property. It was not unlike how the weddings at BOW Enterprises had been set up, but the slope of the hill was a little bit steeper, and there were no banners encircling the wedding setup.

Happy Vision acolytes were especially happy today, and were dressed in all white as they ushered and assisted guests. There weren't all that many invited guests, and of course the wedding had been announced pretty suddenly and things were fast-moving. Cindy had put out word that Police Officers could attend if they were not on duty, and that they should not give her gifts.

As a result, there were a surprisingly good number of Police Officers and their significant others, and there were a good number of Firefighters, EMS, and Public Health Department personnel, especially those that were involved in keeping the books... Cindy was all but doing them for EMS, and helped Chief Deputy Oswald with a lot of it, as well.

I arrived with Laura, Carole, and Marie. Paulina brought Tasha, and Molly came with Chief Moynahan. Needless to say, none of the boys had any desire to attend. The girls and their mothers were sitting down while I held back, surveying everything from the top of the hill near the Vision World Headquarters building.

"Hello, Crowbar!" said Sheriff Griswold as he came up to me. "Beautiful day for a ceremony!"

"And for some bourbons at the receptions afterwards." I said, needling Our Sheriff. He barked a laugh. I said "You're not officiating the service?"

"Naw." said Griswold. "I would have, if they'd asked, but they didn't. I hear tell Mayor Allgood might do it."

"No, it's not me." said Mayor Daniel Allgood as he, his wife Melina, and their daughter Patricia came up to us. "I would've done it if they'd asked, but I think they got someone else."

"Probably a good thing." said Melina. "You guys have to run for office again, and the Press would love to use you officiating a lesbian wedding against you."

"Hi Uncle Don!" Patricia said, coming up to me and hugging my legs. I 'hugged' her by patting her on the back with both my hands.

"Hey, Patricia!" I said. "Where's your brother?"

"He's with Cousin Jim and all the other boys." said Patricia.

"Why don't we go find seats." said Daniel. I pointed out where Laura was sitting, and they headed in that direction.

"Hi Sheriff, hi Commander." said Deputy Strait as he came up. We greeted him with handshakes, then some talk. Strait said "Yeah, I told Cindy she'd broken my heart, but I'm real happy for her."

Sheriff Griswold said "You'll find the right girl, and soon. I'll predict that the next wedding I attend in this county... will be yours, Straight..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Ah, hello young Donald." said Dr. P. Harvey Eckhart as he came out of the building. "Wonderful day. Beautiful weather."


"Hi Uncle Harvey." I said. "A great day for you, as well, as the father of the bride... one of them."

"Yes, I cannot tell you how happy I am." said Dr. Eckhart. "I never thought I'd see this day... to walk my daughter down the aisle, and to know she's carrying my grandson. Young Tim Jenkins, he's a good young man. He says he had a dream... that it's going to be a boy."

"That's great." I said. "So you're walking Cindy down the aisle. Who, if anyone, is walking Callie?"

"Ah, young Benny Black, our nephew's brother." said Dr. Eckhart. Benny Black was Todd's half brother through their father Michael Burke. Dr. Eckhart saw someone waving at him and said "Ah, I'm needed. I'll see you at the reception, young Donald." He walked back towards the building.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I went and sat down by Laura just before the service was to start. I saw Tanya and Jack Muscone and Jack's daughters Tiffany and Jennifer to our left. Cindy had offered Tanya a bridesmaid position, but after seeing the terrain, Tanya had said she'd be better off as a guest. She was driving her 'Tank', which was more suitable for the terrain than her regular wheelchair, and she was right: it would've been a problem to account for.

Soooo... Cindy's gym partners, Wanda and Ariel, were bridesmaids, as were two of Callie's pornstar friends from California, neither of who had been part of the 'Porno Set Mystery'. Teresa was officially the Matron of Honor for both brides.

And officiating... and not worrying about what the Press would say about her conducting a lesbian wedding... was one of the State's highest-ranking public officials... SBI Inspector Brittany M. Maxwell. As beautiful as the two brides were, Britt was hotter. I did not mention that to Laura, though... I am not an Agency of the Weak-Minded.

Benny Black escorted Callie down the left side aisle as Dr. Eckhart escorted Cindy down the right side. There were no words of 'who is to give away this woman?'; they just handed off their charges and sat down together on the first row. Britt led Cindy and Callie through the lines of the ceremony, which were simple and relatively quick. Then they walked back up the aisle, and we all followed soon afterward...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was sitting with Sheriff Griswold and Dr. P. Harvey Eckhart. Dr. Eckhart and one Carole Diana Troy were having a fascinating conversation about the Power of the Mind, and Dr. Eckhart recommended something to Carole that would come to be known as the 'fish trick'. Carole said she'd try it whenever we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant again.

"She is a delightful child." said Dr. Eckhart. "She has an incredibly powerful mind, one of the most powerful I've ever encountered. It's like... a sixth sense, and those fortunate enough to have it, and develop it, will find it useful in every part of their lives. Unfortunately, many children's minds are dulled by parents that tell them 'no', that do not encourage them, but suppress their abilities. I am glad you are helping Carole find her way, as is Sheriff Griswold."

"Her mother is not, though." I said. "But I think I'm winning Laura over to accepting Carole for what she is."

"Keep dreaming, Crowbar." said Sheriff Griswold, who had already sampled a few bourbons. "Wishful thinking on your part. But I'll say this: in the battle of wills I'm seeing between mother and daughter... the daughter is winning. Carole has more willpower than anyone I've ever seen... except you, Crowbar. Except you..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Like Tanya had done at her wedding, and I'd done for the Christmas concert, Cindy availed herself of Teresa's beautiful singing voice as Cindy and Callie danced together. Teresa had shown herself to be the equal of the late, great Laura Branigan, and now she was showing she would take no back seat to the legendary Barbra Streisand as she sang 'Woman In Love':