Women Study Pt. 03: Bowen, Norma, et al.

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What I was concerned about, in fact worried about, was the extent to which they knew about Norma and sex, in general, and Norma and me and sex, in specific. Norma was clearly sexually adventuresome. Her escapade with Ms.Bloomfield and Mona was evidence of that. Norma and I hadn't yet had a complete exploration and confession of our previous sexual history but I suspected hers had been as diverse and lively as mine had not been. Not that it really mattered to me. After all, I had her promise that no man or woman would ever win her away from me, which isn't exactly the same as saying there might not ever be at some point another man or woman in her life sexually. I did need to trust Norma on the former while at the same time recognizing the possibility of the latter. In any event, I had my own idea of how her father and brothers might feel about Norma's sex life--not good--but recognizing that Norma's sexual needs, while not exactly conventional, would need to be considered....and satisfied.

One of the mysteries of the G_____________ family I was able to solve. It took some wheedling and cajoling to get an answer but I finally pried it out of Norma's dad. Why is Norma's nickname "BB"? It's not a nickname I ever used but her dad, brothers, and more than a few people around town would use it. It was one of those gnawing thoughts. And I finally got the answer.

It turns out that it has nothing to do with "Big Bitch", "Blonde Bitch", "Ball Buster", or anything that pejorative. And, once I understood the origin, I could see where it wasn't related to "BigBoobs", "Big Breasts", or "Big Bosom".

Way back when, though she became popular again in more modern culture, there was a cartoon character called "Betty Boop". She was a 1920's "Flapper", who was sexy with her bobbed hairdo, short skirt, and high-heels. Her voice was high and reedy. She had a pose with one hand behind her head, primping her hair, and the on her hip in a provocative pose. Cute and sexy was Betty Boop.

Now Norma, so I was told, when she was about 3 years old, saw Betty Boop in TV cartoon shows and began to affect Betty's cartoon pose and squeaky voice. She was adorable and the whole family got such a kick out of hit the started to call her Betty Boop. But there was another old time comic movie character around too. It was "Blondie" of the ancient Dagwood and Blondie comedy movies. Well, Blondie was blond, of course, and so was Norma. Her mom and dad thought that calling Norma, "Betty Boop" might sound a little too sexy for a little girl and, besides that, Norma's hair was about as blonde as hair could be. So, Norma became known as "Blondie Boop", BB, and that's the true story about.

Sometimes I look at Norma and I can picture that little blonde girl toddling around having fun. In a lot of ways, that little spirit is still in my big girl Norma!

Personally, though, I think that the "BB" that really fit her was, "Blondie Bi". Am I wrong?

12