Worth The Wait Ch. 02

Story Info
Discovering love at first sight.
7.6k words
4.77
7.9k
18

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/05/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: The first chapter of this story was told from Jimmy Romano's point of view. Written from Alyssa's point of view, this story describes Jimmy in greater detail and spans over five years beginning with friendship and culminating with...well...you have to read it to find out. Enjoy the telling.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

People have told me that "love-at-first-sight" doesn't exist - that it is just an intense sexual attraction...or some silly wishful longing. They are all wrong because it did happen to me, a naive tomboyish skinny thirteen-year-old girl. However, to be honest, I wouldn't realize this until nearly five years later. All I knew that it all started when I was instantly drawn to Jimmy Romano, U.S. Marine. It couldn't have been a sexual attraction or some silly fantasy since I was clueless and when it came to sex and boys... well...they had recently come off my "yuck" list.

Perhaps what caught my eye was that he stood in his camouflaged uniform, looking thoughtfully and knowingly at the meat selection at the Kaneohe commissary as if considering what to buy. Most young Marines would either have this look of bewilderment as to what to buy or would grab either the most expensive or largest piece of red meat. But not this Marine. No, there was something about this guy that said he was used to fending for himself and had a sense of maturity well-beyond his young age. Without even talking to him, I knew that he was someone like me...someone who was used to being on his own.

You see, my parents had died when I was young. My father was a Marine gunnery sergeant who was killed by an improvised explosive device (IED) in Afghanistan. This devastated my mother who just could not accept the loss of her beloved. She sank into a deep depression and struggled to take care of herself, much less me. This forced my Granny, the widow of a career Marine First Sergeant, to step in and take my Mom and me under her wing. Unfortunately, once my Mom knew that I would be taken care of, she slipped away even faster. Eating very little, she wasted away until she was just a shell of the woman whom I knew and loved.

"Mom! Please don't die!" I desperately pleaded as she laid on her deathbed in the hospital. "You can't leave me. Please don't leave me."

"Alyssa-girl, forgive me. I love you so much and don't want to leave you - but I cannot hang on any longer. Your Granny will take care of you...better than I could. I know you'll grow up to be the young woman that your father and I always wanted."

"But, Mom, why are you leaving me?"

"Oh girl, I can't live without your father whom I loved the moment I saw him at your Grandpa's retirement ceremony. Ooh, how your Grandpa and Granny tried their best to discourage me from getting involved with a Marine who might pay the ultimate price. However, the one time I stood up to your Granny was in marrying your Dad, and in willingly followed him throughout his military career. Thank god you came along a year after Grandpa's passing. Because of you, your Granny and I were able to mend our falling-out.

"Alyssa, your Granny is a good but bossy Japanese woman. She means well and loves you dearly. Listen to her but don't let her bully you around as she did me. Watch out for her when you find your 'special' man because your Granny will immediately get overly protective."

"Mom, what are you talking about? How would I know my 'special' man?"

"You'll know immediately, Alyssa. Something inside of you will suddenly 'click.' Take it from me. It may take you a while to realize what has happened but when you do, don't let go of him...no matter what, make him yours. That's what I did with your Dad, and that's what you'll do with your man.

"I love you, Alyssa, and wish I could be there to see it. But I have to follow the love of my life, your father. I'm so sorry..." And with that, my Mother passed away.

In the following years, I grew up quickly and since I was on my own, I developed more as an adult (a lonely one) than as a child. My Granny who cared for me in her own way discovered quickly that I even though I was only a quarter-Japanese, I was not as malleable as my Mother had been at my age. Boy, did we quarrel but the widow of a former First Sergeant soon discovered that her granddaughter could give as good as she got. For the most part, I listened to my Granny, but she (and I) knew that it was because I never had reason to disagree - that is until I saw Jimmy.

As I approached him, I remembered sizing up this handsome young Marine. He was about five-ten and was the proverbial 'lean mean fighting machine," I could tell from his forearms and biceps that he was muscular in a quietly powerful way instead of being a massive for-show bulky. A clean Marine high-and-tight hair cut complimented his good-looking face especially those warm dark brown eyes of his.

True to my precocious nature, I decided to find out more about this interesting guy. Sucking up my courage, I stepped next to him and asked, "Whatcha doing? Are you looking for something and why?" I figured that in doing so, I could minimize any hurt if he blew me off.

I was surprised and delighted when he looked kindly at me, smiled, and then said, "I'm buying meats for my class' orientation barbeque." He then went on not only to share with me he had trained to be a butcher, but wanted something more. Having been on his own for much of his life, Jimmy yearned for a sense of belonging to something or someone. The Corps offered a chance to fulfill that need, and so he enlisted.

Introducing myself and making a lame joke about my name - "Hi, I'm Alyssa Howard or "AH" and you are?" I learned that my interest was Corporal Jimmy Romano. Encouraged that he wasn't treating me as some teenage nuisance, I pressed on, hoping to learn more about why this intriguing young Marine.

That is until Granny decided to appear behind us on her motorized handicap shopping cart and immediately went into uber-protective guard-dog-mode, barking out a loud and sharp, "Alyssa! Get over here!"

God, I was instantly embarrassed and mortified to see all of my innocent progress with Jimmy being dashed to smithereens. Leaving Jimmy's side, I quickly tried to soothe my Granny who was practically frothing at the mouth and straining at the leash to attack. I thought I had her calmed down until she growled, "I want to meet that Marine - now!"

I can still recall Granny giving Jimmy her patented Japanese evil-eye glare as her line of questioning had me squirming. I was hoping and praying that Jimmy wouldn't freak out and disavow any involvement with me. Yet, to his credit and further increasing his value in my eyes, Jimmy withstood Granny's full-frontal assault without visibly flinching and truthfully responded to her inquiries while giving Granny her due respect.

Then to my complete amazement, Granny somehow ended up inviting Jimmy and then his entire class to our house that coming Saturday for a barbecue. This friendly overture, however, didn't prevent Granny from warning me in front of Jimmy, "Girl, you see this sweet-talking Marine? If you're not careful, one day he'll charm you right out of my panties." Although I was flabbergasted and expressed shock for that possibility had never crossed my mind. Still, I had to wonder what would make Granny utter such an odd prediction about Jimmy Romano...and me

That Saturday's class barbecue at Granny's was a blast. Jimmy's classmates and Granny hit it off immediately. As a former first sergeant's wife, Granny could be as raunchy she wanted, and soon had Jimmy's class members roiling with laughter and good times. However, to me, the most important thing about the whole affair was Jimmy and I gravitating towards each other, confirming that our initial interaction wasn't a fluke.

From what he told me about himself, I had finally found someone who was like me - someone who knew what it was like to be alone - someone to whom I could relate - someone with whom I could be honest and be just me. In the eyes of those who surrounded us, I was just a thirteen-year-old kid, but in Jimmy's warm brown eyes, I saw that I was a friend and an equal despite our age difference.

Jimmy teased me and I playfully swatted him but instead of pulling away, he gently nudged my shoulder. When I tried to bump him back, I realized that although lean, Jimmy was solid muscle and couldn't be moved. "Ow, Jimmy! No fair - you're all hard and stuff," I whined as my palm pushed him harder against him.

"Jeez, Jimmy's neat!" resounded the realization between my ears. "I finally have someone who makes me comfortable talking and joking." Then acting on a sudden impulse, I quickly kissed him innocently on the cheek to thank him for making my Granny so happy (and secretly me in the process). Jimmy just smiled warmly and then bumped me back jokingly.

For the rest of their squad leader training course, Jimmy and his classmates would drop at Granny's for some impromptu partying and welcomed downtime. With each ensuing encounter, Jimmy and I would somehow manage to sit next to each other, chumming around, joking, and getting to know each other better.

But I knew that we had caught the attention of his classmates given the number of side glances and hushed whispers. I could also tell that Granny was getting concerned about our developing relationship by the way her jaw was set and her eyes squinted at me as if sending me her mental warnings of displeasure.

However, the way I figured it Jimmy and I had done nothing wrong and whatever we had done had been "innocent." For once, I had someone like me and with whom I could relate. I didn't understand why people were getting concerned about us and why couldn't they just mind their own business. I mean when it came to me, Jimmy was straight as a fricking arrow - he was simply my friend as I was his. This mindset, however, put Granny and me on a collision course, and I found myself hauled into the kitchen after Jimmy's class had left our house.

"Alyssa!" I instantly knew by the tone of her voice, that I was in for one of Granny's patented no-nonsense dressing-downs. "What the hell were you doing by getting cozy with that Jimmy Romano? You're only thirteen and have to control your pubescent hormones, young lady! I've warned you that he's a smooth talker and if given the chance that young man would jump into your panties!"

"Ewww, Granny! Don't be gross! Jimmy's not like that...really! He's just nice and all we do it talk...honest! He's my friend who makes me laugh and teases me...and I do the same to him. It's just good innocent fun that we have as friends. We're just happy when we're together and that's nothing to be ashamed of. That's all there is to it!"

"Oh, come on, Alyssa! You were acting like some moonstruck calf! That Marine is maybe eighteen or nineteen-years-old tops and has as many hormones running through his veins as you do! With you sitting so close to him...well...it is like putting gasoline next to an open flame. Don't deny it! Admit it, Alyssa, you're taken with that Jimmy Romano, aren't you?"

"Stop, Granny! I like Jimmy...but wouldn't say that I'm 'taken' with him. Come on, Granny, what would attract him to me? Jeez, I'm in the eight-grade for Heaven's sake and not much to look at. I've got a mouth full of metal braces and am tomboyish on top of that. While I'm not as flat-chested as I used to be, I still have some pretty small boobs. Shoots, Granny, I'm still wearing a training bra...not that I need one! My hips are boyishly narrow...I ain't got a butt...and I've only just begun to get some hair down there. Why would Jimmy be attracted to an ugly stick-figure like me?"

Granny let out a big sigh, her sign that her temper was beginning to cool. "Alyssa, don't worry about your body. You're a late bloomer like I was and your Mom was...it's in our Japanese genes. However, pretty soon you'll begin to fill out boob-wise and I promise you that once you have your menses, things will really begin to happen. Trust me...I know what I'm talking about.

"But you'll find that there's more to attraction than physical looks..." Then in an uncharacteristic pause, Granny sighed deeply, dropped her head, and shook it slowly. "Since your parents passing, you've grown up much too fast, Alyssa. I've tried but I've done a piss-poor job raising you. Alyssa. You're too mature for your age despite what you think of yourself physically."

"No, Granny! Don't put yourself down. You've been there for me and given me more than I've asked for. It's just that with Jimmy..."

"Oh, my lord, Alyssa, don't you see? You're cute, extremely friendly, outward going, and very trusting. Jimmy is likable, low-key, and easy to talk to. That's why the two of you are drawn to each other...like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle fitting together.

"But you've got to remember that you also just met Jimmy and still don't know him. Heck, you don't even know what you feel for him...or what he feels about you. Wait a while so that you can really see what he's like. If he's worth it, then your relationship with him with developing and deepen, and the wait will be worth it. Don't be in such a hurry to get too friendly with your young Marine. Like your Grandpa used to say, "The only difference between a thirteen-year-old and an eighteen-year-old girl is that the thirteen-year-old girl's pussy is much tighter and very illegal."

"Ewww, Granny! You can be really disgusting! Jimmy's not like that and I've got more sense than that!"

"Hmmm, well, Jimmy may not. I must say, that I like the young man. He's nice and wants to get ahead in the Corps. He'll think twice before indulging in some hanky-panky with you. And if you really cared about him, you won't tempt him and have him jeopardize his dreams.tell

"You may not think you're attractive but your Grandpa used to tell me how Marines are horny bastards who are always looking for a willing pussy. Will you let your headstrong independence get the better of you...and him? Will you let things get out of hand with that young Marine no matter what it may cost him? Well, Alyssa?"

I didn't answer Granny as I grabbed my beach bag and stormed out of the house. I was pissed at her accusations, but more so by the fact that I couldn't honestly answer her questions. To be truthful, I had not thought of physical intimacy with Jimmy because such a thing had not occurred to me - and with Jimmy...well, I didn't think of him like that. Granny's questions; however, made me think twice even though I didn't want to.

Needing to talk to someone, I punched up Jimmy's number and texted him a message to meet me at Kailua beach. I was relieved when he texted me back a "can-do" as soon as he stowed his stuff, put on his swimming shorts, and borrowed a classmate's bike.

Feeling elated, I went to the beach's restrooms and promptly changed into this cute string bikini that I had ordered on-line. It looked good over the Internet but once I put it on, I realized that how ill-fitting it was and what a mistake I had made.

"Oh my god, I should have tried this on at home! This halter top is...well...my small boobies are literally and figuratively swimming in the cloth triangles. I'd better tie it tight so I don't flash what little I have. Hmmm, the bottom fares slightly better because I could tie the sides to fit my lack of hips, butt, and thighs. Oooh, I wish I could go back home to get something else, but Jimmy is on his way. Well, hopefully, Jimmy won't notice."

The look on Jimmy's face immediately told me that my "grown-up" bikini was a dismal mistake. I decided, however, to push on with Jimmy, wowing him with my idle chatter, sparkling personality, and charming wit. Actually, I was in what Granny often referred to as my "constipation of the brain and diarrhea of the mouth" mode.

When Jimmy pulled off his tight t-shirt, I saw him in the flesh for the first time and had to gulp nervously. "The statue of David" from my art class popped into my mind, "Muscular and defined...but not too bulky. Shit, look at those shoulders and arms...and his well-defined six-pack and narrow waist. Shit! Why the hell am I feeling very lacking all of a sudden?"

In a desperate attempt to regain my composure, I let whatever popped into my mind flutter out of my mouth. Without even asking his permission, I began applying sunscreen on Jimmy's hard body. "What the heck is happening to me? Why am I feeling like this? Is it because of those hormones of mine that Granny is always warning me about or something else? Ooh, I just don't know..."

However, before I could say or do anything, Jimmy shared out of the blue a discussion that he had with one of his classmates about us. In a serious and thoughtful tone, he told me what had been on his mind and was bothering him.

"Yeah, the guys are warning me not to mess around with you, Alyssa. They like you but see you only as a cute kid...a 'very young' cute kid. They're afraid that I might get shit-ass stupid and...you know...get physically inappropriately with you...and get charged with statutory rape and drummed out of the Corps."

As he related the concerns his classmates had about us, all I could think of was, "Oh shit! Not this talk again! Why is everyone thinking the worse about us when we're just friends and like totally innocent. Talk about breaking the fricking mood"

However, unlike Granny, Jimmy was open and even hesitant. I suspected that he still wanted to be friends with me but because of our circumstances, he just couldn't come out and say what he might be thinking.

Not wanting to lose my only friend, I instantly went into full damage-control. Putting on my brightest smile, I reassured Jimmy that despite what others thought about us, we hadn't even come close to doing anything wrong. "Hey, Jimmy, there was nothing wrong with a young man being friends with a teenage girl...even though I'm cute beyond belief and simply irresistible," I joked half-heartedly.

"I like you, Jimmy Romano. You're the first person with whom I can totally relate, and I consider you my first and best friend." I was silently elated when Jimmy said in his own way that he liked me too.

But I could see that he was still struggling with the possibility that we might be getting into forbidden territory. Swallowing my pride, I promptly shot down any such thoughts. "But ewww, Jimmy! How can people think that we might be getting it on? I'm only thirteen and haven't even kissed a guy! I'm not ready to get hot and heavy with you...or for that matter, any guy!"

To further squash the possibility, I jokingly declared, "And on top of that, look at me, Jimmy Romano! I'm a scrawny string bean with no boobs, hips, or butt. How could people even think that you're possibly sexually attracted to me?"

It was only when Jimmy gave me this outlandishly lecherous look and I immediately thought of what Granny said about horny Marines. My shock quickly turned to self-righteous anger when Jim burst out laughing at my reaction, teasing me as he had always. I promptly shoved him in playful retaliation and as we joked around, I sighed that a potential relationship-ending situation had been averted.

However, knowing that the Corps would be reassigned Jimmy as soon as he completed his current training, I wanted to make sure that we did not lose touch with each other. As a quick follow-up, I made a strong pitch to give Jimmy what he long for - a sense of belonging and people who cared about him. With some quick talking and a lot of cajoling, I hastily reinforced and got Jimmy to agree that Granny and I would "be his friends and family" while tossing in the let's be "pen-pals" idea.

Thank god I did. For sooner than expected, Jimmy got news of his immediate reassigned to a unit that was deploying to Afghanistan right after his course completion. When he showed up at our door to say goodbye, I knew that this was it and what I had dreaded had finally come to pass. Granny, bless her soul, was brief in her goodbyes to Jimmy, and discreetly left the room and us alone.