All Comments on 'Wrangler Butts Ch. 05'

by reddirtwriter

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
geemeedeegeemeedeeover 12 years ago
Yep, that's the way it is.

Some people accept you for who you are, some people hate you for the same reason. Nice job of capturing that, Red. I also like the way you have Mitch and Darrin working through what they want from each other in their relationship, emotionally and sexually, and how they each feel about it. Your writing could be smoother, but the essence is there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Unfortunate but true

Sadly, ignorant people thrive on hate. Love Mitch and Darrin.

LadyFayreLadyFayreover 12 years ago
Love this story

I love this story. The characters are realistic and believable. And there are fewer distracting typos in the text. I love that there has been a lot of hinting around about violence/rejection in Darren's past, as well as some minimal conflict from peers in the previous chapters, as it adds tension and suspense to the reading. Things seem to be coming to a head and ramping up to an epic gay bashing scene/confrontation in the near future. Undoubtedly this would add depth and tension to the storyline, as well as addressing very real issues in the gay community. Maybe I'm having false premonitions of an ending a la "Brokeback Mountain", but I am begging you PLEASE do not kill either of them off!

StoneWolf99801StoneWolf99801over 12 years ago
is it the end?

Is there gonna be another chapter by chance?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Excellent writing. You write these characters as though you're describing real people you know well. The last few paragraphs are spot on - you get the whole story right be getting lots of subtle parts perfect. Well done. Unlike most writers on this site, the characters you create are the kind of people I'd like to have as friends.

PleasepleasePleasepleasealmost 8 years ago
Reality in fiction

Once again, had me cracking up at...

1) Mitch: Great bull elk

2) Darrin: Blob Boy

Sadly, real life cannot help but come crashing in. Excellent work on the two scenes with homophobes:

1) "Next time it won't be your truck." said Darrin as he levered another round into the chamber. "You have two seconds. . .one. . .two." (WTG Darrin!!!)

2) F...F... in the stairwell (Pardon, I can't even type it out.)

Sad that's it's a reality in the world in which we live but including such scenes in your stories are a mere part of what makes the great!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous