Writer's Block Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Feshta
Feshta
94 Followers

Ria was speechless "..."

"We can go for a drive tomorrow. I think I've had too much to drink tonight."

"Seriously, You have a Porsche? You, the man who spends half his life out in the wilderness and nothing on much else."

"I like nice things." He said kind of pretentiously, laughing.

He backed it into the lock up and got out. "Tomorrow we can drive back to Marchant Falls in style. No more beaten up truck."

Ria was confused. "So you're not a poor destitute and failed writer?"

"Oh no. I'm a wealthy, successful author. Sorry I didn't realise that would be a problem. I am still the same man."

Ria hadn't bargained for this. She thought he was just a simple nobody, she fell for a simple nobody who it turned out wasn't a nobody at all. She felt lied to, almost betrayed. "I'm not sure who you are. I spent weeks with you and I know absolutely nothing about the real you."

The tightrope beneath Rance's feet was starting to swing. "I disagree. The man you met up there by the river was the real Rance. The man who owns this car is just an extension of that man. If the car upsets you, I'm sorry but the rest of my life is probably going to really piss you off, but none of it defines me. Don't measure me by my things, but by my actions. Hopefully the fact I've saved your life should speak volumes."

"I'm just confused. I'm not sure what's happening."

"What's happening is you fell in love with me, and now you're finding out that I'm not a poor man. For some reason that displeases you. I'll give it all up and walk away from it right now, for you!"

Ria was shaking. Rance walked to her and pulled her to him. He shouted. "I abdicate my throne! I abdicate my throne!"

Sobbing, she kissed him. "I don't want you to abdicate your throne but it would have been nice not to be quite so surprised. The car was nice but finding out you're actually a wealthy author put me way off balance."

"I rescind my abdication!" He shouted and Ria laughed. "Come on, let's go back to the hotel and I'll tell you exactly how unsurprised you should be."

Feshta
Feshta
94 Followers