All Comments on 'Wrong Side of the Tracks'

by DeathAndTaxes

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

wow, freaky. so much unanswered questions still

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
Thank you, dear.

You produced exactly the flavor I was hoping. Great job, Randi.

DarkPulseDarkPulseabout 5 years ago
Metaphors abound

I’m trying to read into the lines of this tale, and the more I do, the more it makes sense. To me at least, the symbolism here deals with what obviously plays out in the end. Death. There is a gap in his memory he can’t fill as a phantom stalks him. Is she a wife? A fiance? A woman in his life who passed in a manner he repressed? Lover at least with how they bond.

I may be thinking too much, but I see the clippings he coughs up being delusions he creates as a way to try and bring up what was swallowed and forgotten. This cough, perhaps signifying how she died, persists just as she does. Fulfilling the fantasies they shared and enticing him to join her. And just as she has passed, she seeks to bring her lover with her on this voyage post-mortem. Waiting, luring, finally driving him to follow her when the time is right. The train ticket, purchased for some unknown journey, finds use with his final step forward. He may have missed the trip with May in life, but in death, they find a new voyage to take together.

I enjoyed this story, well done. Great build up with gathering questions and symbolism. On point sex scenes and ended quite the hit.

Life’s train is one we must all come to disembark, but it is never the end. We just change lines.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 5 years ago
That was so very well written

It was also very atmospheric and terrifying, too.

JasonClearwaterJasonClearwaterabout 5 years ago
Absolutely brilliant

Gripping from the get-go, even when read aloud by text-to-speech in a car (Barry does his best). I had no idea where it would end, which is unusual for a horror story in this day and age. I like that we're not fed all the answers. True story telling is sometimes in the white space. J.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
fantastic!

And very terrifying!

EmmelineEmmelineabout 5 years ago
Excellent

The hairs on my arms stood up at the end. Wow D&T. Just wow. I read incessantly and I am rather jaded about most of it. But this, this was so masterful and unexpected. You knocked me off my ass and made me read thru most of my lunch break (dammit).

This story is going to stick with me. Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A great read

Bravo

Love the ambiguity

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Damn good stuff!

Dearest DeathAndTaxes,

Wow! Incredible story, fabulous sex. I'm very pleased with the ending. I'll certainly read more of your work.

GG

IvyIkoIvyIkoover 3 years ago

Only nine comments? I read and loved this when it first came out and come back to it periodically. Not for the sexy bits - they're fantastic as always - but for the story. I'm rarely truly moved by erotic horror but this is next level.

Not always a commenter but thought this one deserved more love

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeathAndTaxes@DeathAndTaxes
1549 Followers
AKA Eris Adderly Hello! Hope you like my smut! I have a Facebook group, if you're on there and the type of person who likes to talk to your authors. Let's talk books and nerd things and dirty shit! https://www.facebook.com/groups/erisadderly.troublemakers/ DIDN'T YOU HAVE ...