All Comments on 'WTF?'

by 6,227

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So here's a hint - drop the "true story" nonsense. You're on a porn site, on the world wide web and nobody believes a single word coming out of your head and onto the pages. It does nothing for the story and just makes us laugh at you. Then try to write something clever, original or mildly interesting. This story rambled along with not much happening and died with a whimper, not a bang.

SemperSolus0198SemperSolus0198about 1 year ago

Why live with a stained human toilet like her for 6 more years? There is only one solution to infidelity in a marriage. Divorce, and as soon as possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very confusing, e.g early on "No, Ken isn't arrogant, he is confident, and that's a good thing in life, and especially in his profession. But he's not arrogant. Arrogant means someone thinks they're better than everyone else. Or they are unwilling to change, or to listen to other viewpoints. I don't see that here, so no, Mike is not arrogant."

So who is who, ken, mike?

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerabout 1 year ago

OK that seems absolutely believable, which is not something that is often valued on this site as far as I can see so congratulations on slice of more or less real life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago
Without going into great length and boring the piss out of everyone, here's what transpired next.

I was bored as hell already at the point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So a woman who sleeps for money or benefits, makes her a whore.

So a man who only stays in his marriage so as not to lose any of his money or possessions, then that makes him a whore too.

demanderdemanderabout 1 year ago

Pretty good. These two just didn't fit well. And, of course, she cheated. D

SeeingEyeSeeingEyeabout 1 year ago

Why did he reconcile in the first place? There is no indication in this story of a single redeeming feature of this wife. Not once is she kind, or even civil. Not once. Who would want to stay with her?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent story! I'd have never taken the self-righteous slut back and burned her until she may have endangered her own health!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Blah, blah, blah.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not bad... but... No way a guy who remains a virgin waiting for the right woman is going to be sucked into a relationship with a woman like Terri. Secondly, no way Ken stays home from the original get together for the proposal. No guy allows his wife to dictate that when his pals are involved. Thirdly, she comes home at 1:30 AM with the excuse of "walking" and he allows that to go unchecked? Nope. Next, Ken doesn't confront Rob on some level? Not a chance. Finally, the Terri character was over the top angry ALL the time. This makes her a bit of a caricature and less like a real person. Doesn't matter if this was based on real life experiences, a story has to flow and all the parts need to work together. Keep working at it!

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

I never thought I would say this. This one was too real

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

seems true to life. Almost feels like I'm eaves dropping.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Okay, you seem to know exactly what people will think about this, so I’m guessing you’ve prepared yourself by assuring yourself that you “write these stories for me”.

That’s a lie and you know it. If you didn’t care what the readers think, you’d just write it up and keep it in a folder somewhere. But you didn’t, you put it up for scrutiny, and now I want my wasted time back after reading a sexless story in an erotica site where the strongest emotion was snarkiness between shitty people. What the hell were you even thinking?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

I normally skip stories that purport to be "true," but I'm interested in the premise, and I'll twist "amalgamation" to mean "based on" true stories.

\

Talking to the priest about a divorce? I thought Catholics can't get divorced?

\

"True, she wasn't very affectionate, especially in public" - Somehow, that seems the opposite of what you'd think. If you're painting yourselves as reconciled, you WOULD be affectionate in public, even if not in private.

\

"I don't think she even noticed I wasn't myself." - Which says something itself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Would have been nice if he Ulf have developed a relationship with a real woman and not a chronic bitch, Sounds like he was a fall back option.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

Good story. I don't think his behavior was entirely ethical, but too often readers treat these stories as if we need to agree with the behavior and the outcome. We don't they are stories and this one was interesting.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 1 year ago

6227

Writing a story on two different couples combined sounds hard. You could tell each time you changed from Mike to Ken and back.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 year ago

Family Court will not enforce a 6-year old PSA, and wife will get 50% and probably more of everything. Life is like that, and in this case a fair outcome. Given the ages, the husband may still be eligible, but wife less so, and the 6-year delay is prejudicial to wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"Sometimes things just happen this way. Not wonderful, not horrific, just over." (6227 Intro. to story.)

That's it in a nutshell. Not dramatic, not devastating, just..."That's It. Turn out the lights, the party's over."

The writing covers all Writers' Workshop criteria well. Kudos on a good story.

Keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Possibly because it was based on a situation from real life, the story wasn’t very interesting. The characters didn’t really come to life and the story engendered little emotion. The characters’ motivations never really emerged, so I wa scratching my head as to why anyone was doing anything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

While I genuinely liked the story — and it was well written for the most part — it was, at root, very sad.

.

The circumstances of the initial split were a bit weird. She was obviously tired of the marriage, and then goes and has an affair with a “friend”. And hubby doesn’t get rid of her? And the kids are “OK” with it? But then her paramour get “persuaded” by his church to back off? And then after some months she comes back? And hubby takes her back?

.

It was painfully obvious that she really did not love her husband. She wanted out…and failed when she tried. So he was the backup plan. And even when they got back together, all she really did was treat him the same way as before the split — as the backup solution.

.

What made the story sad was how hubby took way way too long to divest himself of his boat anchor wife. I guess continuing to try while the kids were still home made a little sense — not much, but some. Missing from the story — even in the wrap up after he had extricated himself from the harpy — was any indication that he found…or even looked for…a woman with whom he could have a more enriching relationship with. At the end of the day, this guy seemed to be flawed as well. Which helped make the story so sad.

.

Strong 4 ****. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So he had a 3 car garage for his whole use while Terri had to go out in the cold to her car! And then he rips her off financially as well. I suspect this to be just the tip of the iceberg to way he treated her.

No wonder she wanted more what a selfish dick he turned out to be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too bad he squandered another 7 years staying in a marriage that was on life support.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

didn't like the story, or the ending. But fairly well written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It was a mistake bringing the Roman Catholic faith into this story. I don't know if the author is aware but not only is divorce completely unacceptable and forbidden in the RC faith, enough so as to get you kicked out of it but Rob getting involved with a married woman, especially one from the same congregation would be social suicide and result in both of them being ostracised irrespective of the unhealthy state of her marriage. As far as the Catholic Church is concerned the only way a marriage can end is through the death of one or other or both. A good read, though and fully deserving of 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

OK story but how many years did he waste putting up with her shit?? He would have been far better off ending it in the beginning and moving on with his life. The kids would have been just fine if not better off.

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

Good story. A bit too clinical, if you ask me but 4* indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not much of a story, but not a bad report. It was only 2 pages but couldn’t get through it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A sad story about a two mundane lives. Let's face it: Most lives are mundane and untreated depression is, well, sad. Nicely told.

FD45FD45about 1 year ago

The ratings will be low but while depressing, this is a fine story save for a few editing errors

remb95remb95about 1 year ago

This tale just didn't have the hook for me.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 1 year ago

4. A bit dry, not a ton of dialogue (but thats okay), and the husband felt like a bit of a doormat but overall not bad. Main problem was the husband reconciling in the first place, it just seemed strange to put up with 7 more years of hell being married to a shrew who clearly didn't love him. I wish the story had touched more on the friends like Amy who oddly seemed okay with Rob and Terri hooking up, in a church of all places.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

While the overall story leaves me in a funk, good narrative and a few intertwined plot lines kept me engaged. I know this is a lorn site and God doesn’t exist, but as you identified them as Catholic, their faith was never mentioned in the decision making process. (Other than for Rob - at least anecdotally via his parents.) 5* overall

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Slice of life. Thanks for the read.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

"I'd say it's more of a light scorching" - I'd say that is an understatement. She cheated, without apparent remorse. Why would he ever reconcile, much less for 7 years? she apparently treated him just as badly the last 7 years and the years preceding the separation. No likeable characters in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cheaters never win.

62276227about 1 year agoAuthor
To clarify

A comment was made confusing characters. Dr. Mike is the shrink. KEN is the MC.

Also, the priest did not say she had to be divorced. Doubt a priest EVER would condone divorce. The slut and her bf decided that because the priest (IRL) told them they shouldn't be together. Yes, I knew the parties involved in this shitstorm. And the virgin boy did exist; he was very naive. This couple DID divorce and the husband made out. (yea!) And happily remarried years later.

The second couple did reconcile for a number of years and finished raising their kids, one of whom had some health issues for a time. They got along fine, mostly. Wife did not fight the divorce and the PSA was honored. They actually are friendly to each other. I thought this was more like how life tends to be. Not every marriage/divorce is an epic blow-up. Thanks.

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

The kids had no problems with mom and Rob so it would seem a straight divorce may have been fine for them. While it's possible his choices may have worked to his financial benefit, I still think he wasted 7 years.

The writing was pretty good, I enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

4-stars. liked it. not a great story but it does mirror real life. I have seen a couple of families like this. It makes me wonder if staying in a dead marriage is helpful or hurtful to the kids involved in these family dramas. Kids are very insightful and understand more than we tend to believe. I am not advocating one way or the other, I just put that out there for those that think they have all the answers. No one can see the future. All we can do is make our decisions and try to live with what happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it, but I didn't.

Not gonna vote.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Far better and far more "real" feeling than so many stories where all the cheating evidence is collected by friday, the wife is served on monday, the AP has his knees capped a day later and the poor ex special forces husband retires to his private island with his adoring secretary the next month living off the millions in his offshore accounts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He was no saint,she clearly a troubled soul. So heleavesherinbetter financial shape after 7 year reconciled. Not a pretty ending pretty sad and one sided.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

A fine example of why reconciliations are a pointless waste of time.

-

Life is short. Why would you waste 7 more years on a worthless piece of shit like Terri, who cheated on him and flaunted it publicly. No husband would ever be able to forgive or forget that kind of appalling treatment, and not only that, she acted like a raging bitch even before she had the affair!

-

It was pretty depressing, but reconciliations usually are. The only thing I found unrealistic is how little anger he had towards his ex-wife after the terrible way she behaved for the bulk of their farcical marriage.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Man has to do what he has to do. Excellent story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Not with a bang but a whimper!

4

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story told realistically. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I can relate to this feeling. My relationship gradually soured through a couple of decades, then went on for another 15 years with similar emotional problems and lack of commitment. I worked to 65 in middle management, 10 hours a day at work trying to build my retirement, and have spent the last 5 years taking care of elderly relatives and administering their estates. Here I am at 71 regretting every minute of it.

Don't let this happen to you.

-jog

lujon2019lujon2019about 1 year ago

what revenge? a cuck finally giving up the ghost is NOT revenge

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sad story, but well written. A good "4".

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 1 year ago

its a ok yarn.......i agree with the post scipt. that should have been the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

And that’s one more reason that it’s always a mistake to forgive a cheater. Either the cheater feels entitled to do it again or the cheated on partner has to put aside things like self esteem and self respect. Either way if it didn’t work the first time, why would the second time be different? All cheaters are losers and anyone who takes one back is also a loser.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

@Anonymous Re: PSA = As a recovering "Reality Nazi" myself, I have to tell you that these stories exist in their own reality. If the author says that the PSA can be enforced, then it can.

\

The story has to be REALISTIC, but nor necessarily "real." So, you can't have a 1st person narrator tell us what happened after he left the room. With regard to the famous "suing the company for not enforcing their morality clause," yes, that COULD happen in your reality, but is it realistic for a company to have a policy that exposes them to lawsuits?

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

3 stars - you need an editor, or at least 2 or 3 other writers, to read your stories before you post them here.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

"Yeah, well, we both made some mistakes. I just hope we can stay on good terms from now on, and after the divorce is final. And if I start dating someone, I'll wait a while before I introduce them to the kids."

It bugs me when writers include statements like this in stories. It might be true for the real couple but in the story it isn't really justified. What exactly are the mistakes the husband made? Trying to find out why his wife was enraged all the time, throwing her out when she fucked around with his coworker?

The statement stands out like a sore thumb because it's just not true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Five-star rating. The fact that this was an amalgam of two real-life stories is evident. It is realistic and free of the clichés, tropes, and memes with which most other stories on this site are rife. Especially impressive were the two children who were not portrayed as the overly-responsible, smarter-than-wayward-mom little sycophants we see in so many stories.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Yeah quite good actually the reality at the end answered question of inspiration for the story.

Scores 4/5 l liked it

njlaurennjlaurenabout 1 year ago

The story has the feel of realism to it. The thing where Teri and Rob announce they are together at the Catholic choir is just idiotic, no way would they do that.

In the end the reconciliation was not a reconciliation. There was no new relationship, there never was an attempt by her or him really to build it,they held onto the old one. She never atones for what she did to him, and it also sounds like she never bothered to figure out what he needed or she needed for herself. When. He suggests counseling and she said no that was the end of it.. sticking together for the kids was just an excuse because the kids were fine when they were separated. The story was well enough written that when I read it, the couple felt flat, there just wasn't love there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

They both got what they deserved: loneliness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it. I gave it 4 stars. It seemed real, and could have happened to any couple. A friend of mine and his wife divorced, and actually became better friends afterwards. He's since remarried, and they've been doing good, and his ex got remarried to a friend of his and is doing good. They were just lousy together while married, as they both liked to party too much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ok story...not seeing the revenge tag.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Such is life and yeah, pretty plausible story. Sad but hey, it’s not mine, lol.

Four stars

Captcha

ManoBlueManoBlueabout 1 year ago

What a boring story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why the fuck is this tagged as reconciliation? It clearly isnt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He got out while there was still time! Nuff said! Too bad about the wasted years though. 4*s

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It was a pretty good story. The part I don’t understand, is why didn’t he just divorce her, 6 years ago? At the end of the day, couples who stay together after one cheats, never have the same relationship. I guess it is also possible, he looked at her( she was what, over 50?) and realized he had nothing in common with her. Being a good looking 50 year old guy, he had several choices-

#1. Go through the motions, with someone past her prime, who really didn’t love him.

#2. Start living his own life. And have fun with those 25-35 year old women, who are looking for a man, to spend money on them. Wine me, dine me, 69 me!

I think, he made the right choice! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

While Terri is a train wreck, Ken is a self-absorbed jerk devoid of any honor whatsoever.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He should've kept going for the divorce when she wanted it. Of him file under adultery, as she announced that her & Rob're a couple in church. Terri, not only being a self-serving bitch, didn't do much for trying to work through the marriage. Fighting over every little thing & blaming Ken doesn't help anything. Trying to reconcile, Ken's wrong in waiting so long to file when he knew things weren't right with them some years ago. Maybe they just should've remained friendly, if not actual friends. All in all, a mixed up so-so story, but nice try. Bob

Cracker270Cracker27010 months ago

Well written piece of work. I hated the story line

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

WTF?? Three stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

???

If reconcile then try hard or don't reconcile!!!

Neither seems to be really interested

juanviejojuanviejo10 months ago

Not that great...Four Stars!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This story shouldn't be tagged for this category.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Boring load of crap. Freaking story was horrible, with no emotion portrayed and no worthwhile dialogue written. Wasted my time reading this ugly piece. @/5

Norseman123Norseman1238 months ago

5***** for a more realistic scenario thank you.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit8 months ago

Basically it’s just staying together for the kids. She returned earlier because her social life sucked, then didn’t put much effort into the marriage.

NickTeeNickTee8 months ago

No emotional connection makes it a so what

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

Pretty true to life and therefore depressing. It was a long, boring story that somehow kept my attention throughout. Life is not all it’s cracked up to be, is it?

SexecutionerSexecutioner6 months ago

I can see this as a very realistic, if not actual scenario of what most relationships become after a betrayal. The RAAC simps would have you believe its all sunshine and rainbows once reconciliation starts.

And of course Cracker270 hated it, the husband wasn't eating cream pies from his slut wife..

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very realistic. That's why nobody likes it, as evidenced by the LW score. It is a great story, well-written, and authentic.

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Great Story, Thank you! Well done. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING STARS!

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

The story is just kind of average, because honestly aside from the wife "cheating" (which I'm dubious about since it seems to be only a technicality since she moved out with the intention of divorcing) the relationship was just all around bad. The other thing is, you wrote Teri as some sort of harridan, but she never gets a comeuppance because even if she is divorced at the end of the story, in retrospect, she obviously didn't love her husband all that much (if at all) - so losing something of no value doesn't seem like much of a loss.

<>

Sure, real life works that way, but this is a story and we want them to be entertaining. In a situation like this I'm looking for either a dramatic divorce or a dramatic reconciliation, not "real life".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The so-called wife's boyfriend has to be told by his parents and the Catholic church that it's wrong to date a married woman? How stupid is that.? Hard to tell if the writer is creating a character that's that stupid, or if the writer thinks that's a good character...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user6227@6227
Because I've been asked.... 6227 is my work extension!