Year One Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Johannsen, Dobell-Bull and Henning, as will be known, continued their careers in government. Continuity of individuals in roles within government has been a feature of the New Order administration, contributing strongly, many believe, to social cohesion and stability. Sally Guest became National Chair of New Order's party organisation three years later and still occupies that post today having been honoured as a Dame in last year's New Years Honours List. The subsequent lives of other characters referred to in this story are not a matter of public record.

The following additional paper was found in the back of the journal. As it shows, the Journal was discovered during a search of David Anders' room and recorded as evidence. It was seen by the prosecution (the document refers to the CPS -- Crown Prosecution Service) but apparently was not made available to Anders' defence team. The reasons for that are unclear and neither Anders nor his defence team referred to it during the trial. It is now at the centre of a campaign to examine whether an adequate investigation was carried out and whether failures by the security services were covered up.

According to the record sheet, the journal was apparently kept in local police files for 5 years until it was sent to the National Archive. It only came to public attention as a result of being cited in "The Early Days Of New Order" by Professor Julia Hanson (Virago Press, 2033). Elements of the book, the party's official history of the years 2019 to 2024, were serialised in the Sunday Times and quotations from the journal led to calls for investigations as to whether radical male extremism still posed a risk to society.

A number of theories have been proposed regarding the events surrounding the Fordswell bombing as described in the journal. In some Anders is seen as a pawn of either the Safewords organisation or of a more extreme political group intent on replacing the New Order regime with a more radical one. In others, Anders revelations in the journal are seen as the fantasies of a lone activist whose device detonated before it could be deployed. Still others believe that the bombing was a state-sponsored attempt to discredit dissident organisations such as Safewords. None of the theories advanced to date have adequately explained why Anders did not try to introduce the evidence from the journal during his trial, except that some have claimed the security services suppressed it in order to promote their own narrative.

The question remains as to what extent Anders can be considered a reliable witness in the journal for the events leading up to the bombing. Graphology and stylistic analysis have revealed that the journal appears to be the work of a single individual. Historical events, where they appear in the journal, are referred to accurately. Professor Hanson considers the reactions that Anders has to the events of the time as he tells them as being credible and in line with other "lived experiences" but has offered no opinion regarding his involvement in the Fordswell bombing. In spite of Anders' claims in the journal of the involvement of the then-popular Safewords movement in his radicalisation and indeed in the bombing itself, forensic evidence presented at his trial was judged to be conclusive that he and his co-conspirators were the only ones involved. The contention of the prosecution that the bomb went off before it could be placed in the meeting room was never challenged. No corroborative evidence of Anders' account of the events leading up to the bombing has yet come to light and recent attempts by campaigners to identify possible witnesses such Cara, Harry and Jessica have so far failed.

Readers with a memory for those times will recall that demonstrations citing the Safeword leaks did cause significant disruption at the time and that the leaks dried up in the aftermath of the Fordswell bombing. Many consider that the granting of additional powers of detention and reform given to the Home Secretary in the wake of the attack was the major factor that choked off dissident male behaviour in the subsequent years of New Order and contributed to the re-election of the New Order Government in 2026.

...........................................

This form was found in the inside back cover of the diary.......

...........................................

Stanbury Constabulary : Evidence Sheet

Reference: 2206.275

Summary: Journal of David Anders covering May 13th 2021 to May 13th 2022.

Source: Search of D. Anders accommodation. May 14th 2022

Action:

Requested by MCF (Counter -- Dissident Team): May 30th 2022

Returned: June 5th 2022

Requested: CPS June 15th 2022

Returned: December 14th 2022

Transferred to National Archive: May 13th 2027

...........................................

12