All Comments on 'You Could Have Stayed'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 207 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great realistic story, but your writing style of starting sentences then stopping, it was a little difficult to follow. However, the story plot and ending was enjoyable. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story again by a great writer. Shows that it takes two to fight for a marriage or to give up on it.

Bypassed on all the passion and egos and went to sadness. Would have liked to see a tad more in that, as that is where all the growth comes from.

Half the story was missing, so will Half the stars.

Wanderer

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 1 year ago

My heart melted

your writing is really doing well.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

Interesting literary device, but boils down to Femdom agitprop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very real vibe to friends that have gone through something similar. I’d be one who couldn’t forgive the sex cheating. I could forgive the person but not the act . Maybe if there was a revenge on the guy and a few fucks like he had while separated but I think I could never look at her without thinking about the guy taking her, the things they said during and after to each other, always question if Ashe liked it better with him , the ever thinking was he bigger and if as she fucked me was she thinking about him or wishing it was him . Most would seem juvenile but feeling none the less that some can’t get past. Let’s face it some can watch their spouse fuck another and be ok with it but 99% can’t if they truly love that person. Men know men and to me it’s hard enough to know that before me she fucked guys and everything they did with her maybe more than she’s offered to me . A friend who’s married for almost 30 years was telling he was at a function and with people he hadn’t seen in decades. All drunk one was how lucky he was as he remembered his year of dating his wife from 19-20 and how they fucked. How she would suck him until she swallowed and let rest shoot across her face , how they had a book and did everything it showed possible, how he broke her ass in after months of doing it . He said the guy patted his shoulder and said you should be thanking me as he broke his nose , spit in his face as every broke it up. He told his wife he’d find a way home and left drunk to a hotel. Most try not y to o think of his wife under another man having him satisfy her

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 1 year ago

Strong writing but choppy to read. Five for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was thoughtful and real, avoiding all of the usual bigger cock, more money BS so prevelant on this site; this was what actually happens in so many separations and divorces, without the hold digging, big dick cheap drama. I’m glad this story proceeded as it did and ended the way it did, the way it should for two people who love each other, have children, and are adult enough to understand their respective roles in their prior undoing. Really well done and unique in an informing, constructive way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story did not flow at all. Very rough.

ThorMcBalboThorMcBalboover 1 year ago

You are a really good writer, but this story... Mhhh doesn 't really work

groaningbumpgroaningbumpover 1 year ago

Better story than your last one. Almost a complete return to form. Nice ending. Thank you for sharing! - gb

Djmac1031Djmac1031over 1 year ago

Another excellent story. I see where some say it's "choppy," but I see it more as getting right to the essential parts, telling their story without a lot of wasted words.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Well ...

Dealing with a very sensitive subject here.

Wasn't badly done.

Wasn't really well done either.

4 out of 5 from me.

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistTooover 1 year ago

An excellent story and an excellent way of telling it. I think the small 'snapshots' in time worked amazingly well to move the story along quickly without adding a lot of unnecessary dialogue and I LOVED the different ways you evolved the meaning of "You could have stayed" with each segment. Of course being the LW category many want to put the blame solely on the wife, but I think you did an outstanding job of showing the failure of both sides and how the MC was able to eventually able to realize and accept his part in the failure of the marriage and worked to become a better person because of it. Contrary to what the BTB crowd believes, TRUE forgiveness is a sign of strength, not weakness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Would not worry about those who believe the story was rough or it not fiow smoothly. They don’t understand the concept of a snapshot in time or use of the tagline. Great job.

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyover 1 year ago

Behold the power of dialogue! Well-written conversations can do so much to evoke emotion, develop characters, and make the world feel "lived in." Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Normally I don't like reconciliation stories, but these two brainlets really do deserve each other.

4 stars

payenbrantpayenbrantover 1 year ago

Had to give multiple scores in my head. Using scenes with a tagline to pin them all together was well done. 5. The content of each scene was more of a 4. That possibly deals more with personal preference than the writing which I list as a 5 because of the believability.

So I give it 5 stars generally. I have a hard time believing the wife though. Going to read through it again to double check why....She just did not really seem real. However you did an excellent job making a literary "Flip book" kind of tale.

Thank you for writing,

Payenbrant

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She coils have not slept around

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ignoring your family can lead to a break down in the marriage, but cheating sure as hell blows it up. The better thing to do is ask for counseling up front before cheating and honestly communicate the feelings and the impacts that will be felt if the current situation continues. Much more mature and fair to both parties. Cheating shows selfishness, immaturity, and disrespect.

1ceBit1ceBitabout 1 year ago

The reason I started reading Lit was to study the tales and signs of infidelity in comparison to my fucked up marriage. This certainly sheds a more amicable light on reality. Someday, I hope to write about my sad tales, but until then, I will share the pain posthumously. Thank you for your wonderful writing.

BobbyBrandtBobbyBrandtabout 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing your skills and imagination

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Hack, you have another great story. It is very rare for me to feel sympathetic towards a cheating spouse, but you had me feeling that way for Keli. A really good reconciliation story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

@DevlinCarnate, I didn't see it as him taking all the blame. He simply came to realize that he set the stage. He WASN'T to blame for her cheating, as she herself realizes. She obviously should have taken a different approach, demanded counseling and/or got a job to ease his load.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

Yes s brooks, 103;correct, but he still takes the fidelity hit. Her transgression was far more egregious, and her stepping out is uncorrectable. His fault is correctable, and you can come back from it. Not so wifey. No unfuck machine, especially after many months. This is how it works for all however. Hubby assumes the mental and career risk in asking for dates and risk of rejection on proposal. Hubby pays big bucks for the ring. Hubby wins acceptance, and must perform at a high level economically or she will change the rules. Work hard but not too hard, be perfect in balance, and of course do not forget to fight when she decides that is required. If hubby fights physically, then he again assumes all the risk, either beat down or prison. So society says hubby always causes the wife to stray. That is a tough sell in most cases.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is an excellent story. Very realistic for a reconciliation. This should be much higher rated. Question to the BTB folks. If she gave reached the end of the line in their marriage and filed for a separation, what would you have thought then? Yea she cheated several time with ab affir over a month or two despicable. No doubt. But she had tried to reason with him and get him to talk and he didn't do shit and was basically unplugged from the family. She also confessed al either after a couple more months time gap. What she did killed their marriage. And she felt like shit for doing that. But his being shitty husband set the stage to her either separation (huge financial hit) or extramarital sex (destroys marriage). Poignant moment when he explains he broke some his wedding vows first. Yes fidelity is huge. They got divorced. Marriage died. But if she got separated, marriage still likely dead as he had his head up his arse. The other vows are important too. It isn't only forsaking all others. Yes it was a big betrayal. And he divorced her. But he definitely also fucked up. That fact he didn't commit adultery doesn't exonerate him from being neglectful toner and the kids, not present and a generally unplugged douchebag. Showing no interest or love or passion or caring for a person and your family is really bad. Worse than arguing or fighting (provided they don't go too far). In many ways he was in contempt of his marriage. Period. And he owned up to it. She owned up to her betrayal. 2+ yeas on they found they still loved each other, they could both forgive (her betrayal was worse) and they got counseling and remarried. Shit happens. Not everyone wants to hold onto the pain? What else should the ex wife have done once she had finished her affair tomwarrnat reconciliation? She confessed. They divorced. She raised the kids and worked, starting from a housewife background. She eased a bit on spousal support. She never restricted access to the kids. He saw them afte a while more than the courts had required. They were good parents. She didn't date. She clearly was apologetic and remorseful, only get angry when she saw how she had fucked things up sp completely. She clearly was attracted to him. She let him hate fuck her. They took it slow. She defended him in counseling. They worked out their issues. Both of them. Reconciliation means more than just forgiveness. The latter came first. Part of it also requires a gift of mercy. He worked on his own issues and offered her a path forward. Some spouses just want to live with their pain. Others the circumstances just are so bad, no way. She had a repeated sexual affair until she stopped it and later confessed. He had no clue. It killed their marriage. They decided for a new one. Not everyone is wired the same. Personally I don't see how getting past a two month affair. One slip. Maybe. Multiple visits, really hard to see how. Trust shattered. Disrespect. Lying. Except here, she did not lie or at least came clean, if anything to show their marriage was in the shitter. She was not driven by disrespect but presumably sadness and being neglected (still wrong), with prior communications having failed. It wasn't about the other guy being better or bigger or the naughtiness. It was because she felt unloved, that her husband was a stranger, and she needed something. Horrible decision and they got divorced. So yrahbtrust shattered, but with time it slowly rebuilt. They did the work. And it helped that the husband figured out the "why" largely on his own, staring into the abyss and realized he needed to do better in his life. Like she said physically, mentally, emotionally, he wrnt back to the man she married nitnthe one who was drifting far away from his family. Ironically in real life, most guys that hold their marriage in some form of contempt by being neglectful, unplugged, non-present, they in turn often have their own affairs. Yes Virginia, more husband cheat than wives (29% vs 19% for at least one extramarital affair while married by 40s-50s). Glad they reconciled. Current rating is criminally low. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Give me a fucking break.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 1 year ago

Well-crafted dialogues. Somewhat confusing ending.

Thanks for sharing.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

This is as deserving of a 5, just like it was the first time I read it. Would love to be able to give it a 5 again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another!!!

He cheated first!

Didn't put her and kids 1-2.

Instead Job was first and then and then and somewhere down line was family.

See this all the time. Main reason divorce rate so high!!! No empathy for these assholes. Worked with many like that. Some after retirement still found reasons to stay away from family. Of course they adjusted over years and were house sharers not family

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliant.

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

brillante, en efecto

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

That was different. 4 * thanks.

jocko_smithjocko_smithabout 1 year ago

Outstanding story, NTH. Credible reconciliations are not common nor easy to write.

That said, to other commenters, my biggest issue were she my friend is that she cheated before filing for a separation. That breaks trust.

To the person who said "he cheated first," no, he didn't. For whatever his failings, what he did was not hidden. His working that much was not what SHE desired, but he did not screw around on her. Balancing earnings and family life is easy for people who aren't actually tasked with it. Otherwise, it's pretty difficult, and communication is key. And it's habit-forming, a habit that is not easy to break.

Yes, he worked "too much" in her opinion (and perhaps in his as well) but infidelity is not the the answer to that. My spouse and I discussed things before we had kids, she STOPPED teaching grad school to become a stay-home mom, and I packed on additional billable hours not only for a mortgage but for private school for the kids rather than subject them to the cesspool that is public education now. Once the kids were old enough, spouse went back to being a part-time lecturer / visiting professor and was still home with the kids after school. But all of this was communicated.

But kudos to the wife, she accepted her role in the marriage's destruction. That mea culpa was pivotal in bringing them back together.

Had she filed for separation, they might have been spared a lot of pain.

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

GREAT story!!!! Well done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent evolution.

jlg07jlg07about 1 year ago

Very interesting premise with the 7 conversations, and a great story told in such an unusual way! 5*

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleabout 1 year ago

There appears to be a section missing at the page break

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thoughtful. Mature. Credibly Positive. Two adults who decided to be better, with each other. Imagine that. Just excellent. This is a great thinker/writer. The better parts of being human. Thank you.

Q1000Q1000about 1 year ago

Great story! Thank you.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit12 months ago

Sorry, but I personally found it irritating. Was struggling to finish the first page! Had to abandon it altogether, was about to scream.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Absurdly well written. Cannot believe this not rated like 4.8. Wow this is one of the FEW stories where could see reconciliation warranted after divorce due multimonth affair. Amazing author. Tight, precise, emotionally taut, no fat. Well done!

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

Well I thought you got that right, a good blend of the pain and pleasure, the hurt and joy, lots will bemoan that you didn’t BTB but I liked how you wove this together.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good

Met many divorced men and women who put work before all.

Sometimes divorced multiple times.

They each cheated and recognized their fault. A Long time ago I sold items door to door. Some (even young married) women hit on me as lonely. Bought things to be able to talk longer.

Loneliness is terrible for most people.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar11 months ago

Exceptionally well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Brilliant exposition of how maturing adults deal effectively with their mutual imperfections and mistakes when they actually love (as opposed to just possess) each other. Of course, the butter trolls like it, but this is how real life can sort itself out for good people. Trolls can keep being unhappy on their own, by themselves, which is how they should be.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The real work that goes into being successful and learning from mistakes made. Personal and couples growth. This is a valuable contribution to our entertainment AND learning. Both accomplished. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another cuck reconciliation. Just great.

rruymannrruymann11 months ago

A WASTE OF TIME !!!!

mariverzmariverz10 months ago

5ta vez leído, 5ta vez 5 estrellas, cada vez encuentro mas lindo este cuento

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy5910 months ago

Spot on excellent.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wonderful story! One of the few that deserved a raac! I know people say once a cheater always a cheater, but this one was crafted in such a way that the cheating came across as more of a cry for help then willful disregard and disrespect for the husband.

LkochhhLkochhh10 months ago

Nicely told, like in a love song the line "you could have stayed" keeps changing its meanining!

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

A novel writing style and really well done, and story was real. 5*.

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

He finally figured out he set the stage and even though it wasn't his fault, it was all his fault and he should have realized that and stayed.

vazkor13vazkor139 months ago

Damn....Amazing writing....pfffff, now I have to add you to my follow list!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Never, ever under any possible scenario does the rutting slut bear any shred of responsibility, right?

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler9 months ago

Loved it! The second reading was better than the first. I think I saw more of the relationship evolving than before. Second vote was a heartwarming 5. Thanks.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler9 months ago

Just a side note, there is no “lack of talent “ in your writing efforts. Your stories are all wonderfully crafted.

Just an opinion. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Fantastic.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit9 months ago

I liked it. The style was refreshing - little episodes of a consistent theme, but evolving. Near the end I wondered about use of ‘sick’, was one of them seriously ill?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Amazing story. One of the few reconciliation stories that made it plausible and warranted to reconcile after a multimonth affair. Really well written. And to some of the commenters below: she didn't take responsibility? Did you even read the story? Grow up.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was a great format to a great story, you are an exceptional writer, and you have a unique style. I really enjoy your work, keep writing please. Thanks for your time and effort. KS

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story. Cannot believe this is not rated higher.

TrambakTrambak8 months ago

A step by step guide to getting it out in the open. A novel format. Liked it.

Helen1899Helen18998 months ago

I loved it, are the author's learning, this is the second or third story in a week, reflecting on why lots of marriages fail. You handled an hard subject well 5* thank you

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Amazingly well crafted story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Comunications. Lack of it ha caued many maeitol roblems.

Ocker53Ocker538 months ago

Not into RAAC but this was worth a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PraetusPraetus8 months ago

I don't think this qualifies as RAAC as there wasn't an active rush to reconcile. Bo "it's actually the husband's fault". He acknowledged shitty behaviour and she acknowledged her response was absolutely awful.

And it took them a long time to get back to it. If there hadn't been kids I imagine they wouldn't have reconciled at all. I think it works really well.

AngelRiderAngelRider7 months ago

Dude thinks he is the reconciliation whisperer.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I love this story. I mean really love it. It’s. Short story, but I feel like I know these two people, I want to root for them. This is a mark of a really good story teller. Bravo!

WvrjjrWvrjjr7 months ago
Another 5*

Your writing - nearly every single story touches me, and makes me wonder, how do you know exactly what I am thinking as I read your the story. Christ I sound like some fan boy. But what I said is true. You are a among 2 or 3 of the very best on LIT.

Thank you for writing. Wayne

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice. Forgiveness is case by case and fit well here.

SatyrDickSatyrDick6 months ago

[25.11.23]

A well told tale of human frailty and redemption!

11/10!!!!!

RuttweilerRuttweiler6 months ago
Excellent story construction

The “You could have stayed” motif in all its various meanings is wonderful glue to hold the various sections of the tale together. The character development was fun to watch. I confess I thought the story was going in an entirely different direction, and was pleasantly surprised.

5 stars for hitting it out of the park.

TailakaTailaka6 months ago

5☆ shorter than I usually enjoy, but emotionally raw. It's so very real that you buy into the story and the characters quickly. Good job.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x6 months ago

I'm less a fan of this story than I was when I first read it. I'm simply not a fan of a husband being punished for working hard for his family.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I have to say I really liked this, I may not like all of them but you you draw me into most of your stories, a true wordsmith, not many on LW to match you that's for sure.

SDWargamerSDWargamer6 months ago

This is my second favorite story here, second to only TX Tall Tales "Charity Begins Next Door". I love how we go from a clear cut it's her fault to seeing how his actions overtime led to her affair. How Kelly goes from placing blame on Aaron to not allowing the councilor to even suggest he was at fault.

The turning point for Aaron and Kelly, in my opinion, wasn't when they slept together but their daughters birthday party. Aaron thinks not much has changed for Kelly since the divorce when she lets him know the reality of her life and how it's impacting their kids.

Helen1899Helen18996 months ago

Yes another story were reconciliation is acceptable. sbrooks. should read it again, it wasn't only his working hard that drove a wedge between them, there was much more. A well told story, bringing out the raw emotions in two good people 5*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

sbrooks103 - as usual - demonstrated that he/she failed Reading 101. In the story the rest of us read no "husband [is] being punished for working hard for his family". It was far betond that; even said husband agrees.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll6 months ago

A lovely reconciliation story. (that may not mean much, coming from me, who has an often-commented-on bias for reconciliation, but what the hey). A nice track from recrimination to individual and mutual understanding, to actual reconnection. Recognition that no one is a perfect husband or perfect wife. A very good story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

RAAC shit.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So it sounds like she cheated because her husband neglected her in a huge way, despite her begging him to give her more attention and treat her more like a wife instead of someone to just fuck and take care of household duties. I can actually understand that. Does it make the cheating right? No. But what is the alternative if the husband isn't listening to her pleas? It looks like she was stuck between a rock and a hard place, and she reluctantly chose the option that made her at least feel a little better about her life. Unexpected that for once I'm actually sympathizing with the cheater in a LW story. Well played, author. Well played.

Even at the end you can see how genuinely remorseful she is. Even when the counselor was basically saying that he set the stage for her betrayal (which is true), she was defending him by saying that no matter the circumstances, she made the choice to cheat. I have to respect her for that as it takes a big person to admit they're wrong and accept responsibility for their massive fuck-up, even when the betrayed party gave them so many reasons to go ahead with said fuck-up. Unlike most wives in these LW stories that cheat, she is a good person and worthy of a second chance. Glad he gave her it and hopefully this time around he won't make the same mistake that led to her making hers.

The only thing better than stories like this are the almost-cheated ones, where a mistake is made but they realise the cost of their actions before they actually cross the line and are able to stay together without any actual cheating having taken place. "Cafe" is one of my favourites in that regard.

WvrjjrWvrjjr5 months ago
Still a very big 5, after the umpteenth read

I normally don’t like RAACs since often they are contrived, or forced. This flows perfectly. Thank you!! Wayne

CaptFlintCaptFlint5 months ago

Another well written story from a very good writer. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A brilliant, dialogue driven tale. Just so refreshing after seeing so many dry narrative driven pieces. Now,as to the reconciliation. Unlike so many wounded anons who can't fathom why a couple would reunite, I appreciate a sensitive reconciliation piece, like this one. While the occasional BTB makes a lot of sense, sometimes the female--the bitch--is not a bitch at all. And sometimes the MC has sins to answer for

As for me, I just can't understand how wounded so many anons apparently are, where they want to rain hellfire on any woman who messes up, and give five stars to all BTBs no matter how weak and piss-poor the story. A violent BTB gets five stars even though it was written on a fifth grade level.

Just my rant for today. Good job, worthy of five solid stars.

JPB

H. JekyllH. Jekyll5 months ago

I just re-read this. It's (still) the best reconciliation story I've read here. The awkward path from mutually despising each other, to self-awareness, especially awareness of the "culpability" (wrong word? maybe "role") of the victim, to recognition of the complexity of the ex, including what brought them together in the first place, to the complicated course of the counseling, to a good ending. A long, slow, difficult course that might never have started after the original betrayal, had not each given just a little bit here and there. A course that took a lot of work on both their parts and much more than mere "forgiveness." A great, believable story.

And yes, as "anonymous" just posted, a dialogue-driven story. An excellent device.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

No talent my ass. Your one of the best writers on here. I'm not a huge fan of raac stories but its hard to find fault with this one..5 big stars for me.

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

I read it again. That is painful! But it is very good. Excellent writing and the story told in an honest way from a different perspective. Very good! Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A painful examination by both parties to a collapsed marriage, leading to introspection and discovery of what was genuinely important for both of them,

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you. Sensible story, very. Great writer.

NickTeeNickTee4 months ago

Well done NTH. Somehow you squeezed almost two years into a few sentances with nothing missing. That alone is worthy of 5 Stars and yet there's readers out there claiming it's cuck crap. What's wrong with the people in the LW category... A good story is a good story and the outcome is the outcome provided it's justified and this one is.

NickTeeNickTee4 months ago

I also notice that lately there has been a rush of hot-wife and cuckold stories posted. Although they don't generally turn me on so I don't read them, but the crowd shouting cuckold shit at everything they don't like must be having brain aneurysms... And to NTH well done once again

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman4 months ago

different, interesting and oh, so possible.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

No talent ha ha ha. Like calling Fred Astaire…No feet Astaire. So well written.

TC Ireland

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...