All Comments on 'You Got to Know When to Hold 'Em'

by fritz51

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments (Page 2)
sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"but all his clients had that number, and changing would affect his business dealings." - Would he have the same clients in the new office?

\

He had no reason to feel guilty. He warned her what would happen, and she ignored his warnings.

\

What would have happened if Cheryl didn't get back with Ron? Would she have been so willing to give Jack up?

\

@KingBandor, the story didn't take place 40-50 years ago, it took place present day, the epilog looks into the future.

\

As for Jenny forgiving his cheating, she went on her "date" KNOWING that he was going to get his, the fact that she didn't actually fuck Howie is beside the point, it was the going with Howie over Jack's objection,not to mention spending time on the shopping, which took more time away from Jack.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’ve liked the few stories I’ve read of yours but I’ve learned to skip to the end of stories like these. Sure enough you brought them back together again, so at least I didn’t waste time reading all of it. I don’t understand why writers believe men would willingly be disrespected (cuckold) and then just say all is forgiven. I’m not sure what else to even write here. I don’t want to waste anymore time. I’ll try other writers and hope they are more reality based. LM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked both stories and how it ended. In this case, even though, Jenny made the mistake of not listening to Jack and not go on that date with Howard. Jack could see that Howard was going to screw her. I didn't think that it was wise for Jack to got out and have sex with the two other girls. In fact , even though he told her he would do it, I thought it would have been better that he took the high road. Also on taking her engagement ring. I thought it would have been better if Jack waited until she left and stayed there for about an hour to give her a chance to come back. Then he knew it was over. Again he told her not to, and if she did the engagement was over, and he did it. Good for him.

I agree with the comment below , that how could she have not known that the dress would show her butt and breast off when she tried it on. Not smart.

Good read over all and in this case a good ending, since she never cheated on Jake.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Hey it could happen.

A girl goes on a date with the guy when her and her fiancee are prehoneymoon and after he tells her if she goes their engagement is over.

Shops plans etc. She would never be tempted again.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

How could he take her back? I don't understand. 2/5 stars.

jostorm1945

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger9 months ago

OK, slightly different perspective, she made the first error, yes, a very bad one. Subsequently he fucked two sluts for months - but wait, in the world of LW and the vultures who lap up female suffering, he's the white knight??? Are you fucking kidding me?

For fuck's sake are you people crazy? The truth is they would both have been equally well off rid of the other, however if they reconcile and make it work, good luck to them. I struggle to give a single fuck about Jack who smuggly revenge fucks for months whilst believing his own bullshit -like many readers. The only thing he does right is fucks up the old piece of shit before fleeing justice, though in my opinion, a measure of natural justice has been accomplished.

Jenny at least has some degree of remorse and let's not forget never let so much as a finger penetrate her, though she certainly cheated in terms of going on a date.

Anyway, as always, comments on Lit never disappoint in providing a kaelaidescope of bullshit of every hue and shade, some foaming and frothing rabid dogs about with a taste for well burnt female flesh.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well written but Jack is foolish. In truth m love is stupid as well as blind.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c17 months ago

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Story: Man cheats on his fiance multiple times because she went out to dinner with an old guy and didn't do anything at all. Woman to blame.

Dumb.

1/5

inka2222inka22226 months ago

@anon - no the only dumb one is you. The story is, woman crushes the feelings of the man she claims to love, ignores his warnings, lies to him and utterly disrespects him, does what NO married or engaged or even "in a monogamous relationship" person should do, oh and the only evidence there is that she didn't fuck the old guy is her own self-serving statement. THEN, the man BREAKS UP the engagement; and no longer being in the monogamous relationship, he freely has sex with whoever he wants, without any ethical or moral problem. Fixed that for you.

/

But also, thank you for bringing down the score of a reconciliation story with unwarranted and hard to believe "love" and reconciliation, even if your vote is for dumb reasons. I'm personally giving this 3.5 stars.

willyk1212willyk12126 months ago

3 STARS HERE THE RELATIONSHIP SHOULD HAVE BEEN OVER WHEN SHE SAIS YES TO THE DATE ,, BUT SURE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OVER WHEN SHE TOOK THE RING OFF ,, THAT WOULD HAPPEN IF IT WAS REAL LIFE BUT I GUESS YOU HAVE TO RIGHT THE STORY O WELL

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat5 months ago

Weak follow up. 2*

AethurAethur5 months ago

The contrived parallels between the girlfriend and fiancé don't work, simply because the MC's relationship with Jenny was at a much higher level. And unlike the girlfriend's situation, his fiancé allowed herself to be seduced over a period of time while the MC was constantly warning her. That was disrespect at a very high level. Reconciliation just doesn't feel justified here, and using two young coeds to help the MC get over the betrayal, only for him to go back to Jenny, just cheapens the story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This dumb whore is trying to raise the bar on how stupid a wife/fiancé can be. Admirable effort. But would someone on a pre-honeymoon trip with their fiancé be so easily seduced by a little bling and be so damn blind to the obvious consequences of her actions? Unlikely, but it's LW so anything goes.

She does manage to turn things around though and become quite the actual loving wife. If her reaction to her boss' proposal is anything to go by, they'll be alright until death parts them. And judging by the ending it looks like that is indeed how things turned out.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@Jimmytheplunger. You have just joined the vocal bullshit that proliferates the comments section on LW.

Thank you for sharing your woke natural justice opinion. I'm sure there's a Pine tree or Hydrangia bush out there somewhere in need of your protection from bad humies so that natural justice can get to it first.

Back to the story: It had the opportunity to be good. With the right efitor it could have been great but too many missteps unfortunately consigned it to the middle of the road heap.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked the first part and felt it ended correctly, for it I gave it 4 stars. The 2nd part I liked the beginning, but it felt flat in the middle, then started ramping up the action as it went along. Then the ending (epilogue) came and it felt rushed, sure it filled in some holes of their life together, but it still felt rushed. I gave it a 4.5, but rounded up to 5 stars for the 3some action. ;-) As for Howie doing what he did, he was just providing a service for his customers, even if they didn't get any real action, at least they didn't end up in jail or in the newspapers. Howie got his ass kicked, even though he only got some groping in and some stink finger (yes she felt ashamed at what she did). And yes, she disrespected her husband to be by not taking in what he was trying to tell her at the beach about her attire, then talking with Howie about "the date" that's not really a date, but is one. In reality Howie ends up "buying her" for the night with 10K in clothes and jewelry, just like one would buy a lady of the evening (an escort). That she finally realizes it makes her feel the shame that Jack had been trying to tell her. Then suddenly she wants her old life back, only to find out Jack already left, and she's alone weeks before they were to get married.

To make this story work like an LW story should, Jack ends up cuckolding Cheryl's boyfriend Ron, (even though they're not married yet) with the help from Diane during their 3somes both at the beach hotel and at the college dorm room they were staying at, and enjoyed participating in. All in all, it was a good story, but it needed a little more action (sex).

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

My grandparents had an April 1st anniversary, grandma found no humor in it at all! Thanks for the tale. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

After reading the comments I see people can't believe characters do stupid things. people in life do/say dumb things all the time. Don't believe me, read the comment section!

jocko_smithjocko_smith2 months ago

Writing was fine, but Jack was infatuated with Jenny. Otherwise, that level of disrespect would have never been tolerated, see Part 1, which was credible.

I love a good reconciliation, but this certainly was not one. "Oooooh, I totally disrespected you by GOING ON A %^$&U DATE ON OUR PRE-WEDDING VACATION WHEN YOU WARNED ME NOT TO. But I totally LUUUUUVVVV only you." Read that again as many times as needed to see how infantile it sounds.

Jenny is self-absorbed, had NO respect for reasonable boundaries, and if Jack had any sense, he'd have taken the opportunity to dodge the bullet completely.

And remember, he only went on a date of his own AFTER she left for hers; she'd effectively ended their relationship. Nothing wrong with his actions. You punch me in the face, don't be surprised if you get punched back. Or, as they say today, FAFO.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 month ago

JimmyThePlunger's comments are as incoherent and idiotic as his writing.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Sure take advice from another self-entitled gold digging slut telling you to forgive the one you escaped from, that makes total sense, to people in a mental ward. She showed him his feelings, his opinion, and his wishes meant nothing to her and they weren't even married yet, he was granted a huge gift by finding out she was a self-entitled narcissistic slut with feministic ideologies before he married her, sadly he goes back to her.... dude? Women who share that mindset and ideology don't change and don't love anyone but themselves, put simply there is a 98% chance she cheated throughout their marriage and the only thing she learned from their pre-honeymoon was that she'd have to keep all her affairs hidden.

Rayjag1980Rayjag19807 days ago

Storyline wasn't as good as part 1. Major flaws is, it didn't matter if she had sex or not, the disrespect shown for her relationship is the killer. He gave her a choice, she choose "Howie." Nobody in their right mind would subject their love to the humiliation and hurt of going out on a date with another person. The mere appearance of impropriety should keep oneself from an action that would cause hurt and humiliation.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfritz51@fritz51
It's been a while since I've posted a story. I've just finished one that turned out to be very difficult to finish. I'm finishing the editing process and have yet to decide about comments, especially from anons.