All Comments on 'You Got to Know When to Hold 'Em'

by fritz51

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments
cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Good

Conclusion to your story.. not many times on here one learns from their mistakes. Great work. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
1 star

First part was great and 5 stars

This part is 1 star. Since Jack was the only one to have sex with others he became the villain in their relationship and ended up apologizing repeatedly even though Jenny would not listen to his warnings and totally disrespected him in part one.

With what happened in part one I was expecting something messier and more humiliating for Jenny.

This part Would have been better if Jenny had sex with Howard and then fully realized what she did to her relationship. Jack should have made one of the college girls pregnant so when they got back together she would be humbled forever knowing Jack’s first child was from another woman because she whored herself out.

Or at the very least block Jenny’s, and tell his family what she did on their trip and that she was no long trustworthy.

Everyone living happily ever after is best left to the folks at Disney.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Pretty good, somewhat realistic

Pride. Stubbornness. Ego.

They always cause communication problems. They both wasted months. I will be honest... as much of an ass Jenny was in the beginning she is far far more forgiving than i would be. She went on a date, she didn't fuck anyone to Jack's knowledge but he went right out and fucked two women. He is a bit of an asshole and he has way way too much power in that relationship. In the real world she would likely become somewhat resentful.

timrivtimrivabout 4 years ago

Really, fiancée does something really stupid but wakes up before going to far, boyfriend immediately goes out and spends the nite fucking two girls and dumps girlfriend. Then he beats the guy his girlfriend was hit on so badly he nearly died. Girlfriend/fiancée has to crawl to get back with her boyfriend, then spends the rest of her life walking on eggshells in fear that he will totally overreact again. He on the other hand suffers no consequences for all his brutal (physical and emotional) actions. What a complete male fairytale.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Good story.

It is hard to believe she could be so foolish, but it made for a good story that ended well.

Danger09Danger09about 4 years ago
What a sanctimonious hypocrite asshole

Jack has some fucking nerve. He's the CHEATER. I don't understand why Jenny just didn't let him go?. He cheated on her that whole night/morning with 2 different women and he has the nerve to be on his high horse? I would've throat punched him off his high horse. I hated Jack's guts. He cheats on her and now has her scared to be around any man cause she's scared of what he's going to think. I didn't like this story. It was stupid. I felt sorry for Jenny, being married to a douche bag. She might as well should've fuck'd Howie. At least than the story would make more sense. I really wish Jenny had some backbone, no way in hell I would want to be with a man who was like Jack. Was it right for her to go on a date? Absolutely not, did she fuck Howie? No. jack on the other hand went on a date and fuck'd not 1 but 2 women throughout the night and well into the morning. How dare he act like his shit don't stink.?

hotprof1973hotprof1973about 4 years ago
Great two part story

The plot and character development was great. The reconciliation worked for me and liked the MC also having remorse for his relationship with the two other women. I just wished Howie died a little more dramatically.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
You came back to RAAC

Making a five star a two star. Sorry, but the reasoning doesn't fit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
bad job

How is it the author is so busy fisting him/her self that they can't keep the names of their characters straight? In the last episode his name was Jack Farmer.

How ignorant can one man be? Let a woman write a story about a man. This was obviously written by a woman or a gay transtype. There is no manliness involved in the protagonist. He did right by dropping the slut in the first place, but shows his youthful ignorance in taking her back or even in his beginning an extended version of rebound sex (an issue worth his revisiting - professionally) in a remote location.

It as just as well his manager didn't know the particulars as real flesh humans don't like to entrust their savings to people who act so flaky. Investments are not for the whimsical of heart.

Sorry but this was a let-down from the beginning of the second page.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Stop reading after Jenny reads the note Jack leaves for her, and it's a good story.

After that, it's a ridiculous RAAC. Hell, even Cheryl's ex gets his balls cut off. Dudes are simping left and right to get back with social-climbing, mercenary bitches who pull random 180s. "Oh, he's the love of my life, I'd withstand any humiliation to get him back!" Bitch, you wouldn't even call off a date with another man you just met during your tropical vacation celebrating your engagement to keep him. Then it seems that for her, "doing anything" amounts to filling up his voicemail box, and using people he cares about to manipulate him into taking her back - which he goes along with to the point of taking condescending orders from a woman who just dumped him. "Text her right now!" Fuck you!

Then to actually have him apologize for fucking Cheryl and Diane. He was single and allowed to do just that. He told her if she went on the date they were through. They weren't married. He doesn't have to wait for the courts for a divorce to end things. An engagement is over when one partner tells the other it is. That's it.

She was putting the feelings of the old dude pimping her out over those of her fiance, the so-called "love of my life" who she couldn't live without and would do anything for. "Oh me, oh my, I have to give him SOMETHING. Sure, he flat out said it wasn't a date and that I didn't have to do anything and that his company was paying for the things he bought me, not him, and I used that excuse to justify going in the first place, but I had to at LEAST let him make out with me and grab my tits and ass, and see where it goes after that. To do otherwise would be, I don't know, impolite! Besides, he got too forceful and scared me, so THEN I stopped him! And when I took off my ring, it was not to appear available to the movie star and the NFL player who I also allowed to publicly grope me with impunity, but to stop the sight of the ring you bought me from reminding me that I was being a whore. That's all. Nothing that should stop us from reuniting, my dear!"

"Baby, I'm so sorry I ever doubted you, Please forgive me and take me back until the next rich guy comes along. After all, my casual fling knows my heart better than I do!"

To say nothing about Ron begging Cheryl to take him back because the rich guy she was dumping him for wasn't actually interested in her and was intending to pawn her off on his friend. Now THAT's a girl you want to marry. One who lied to you in order to go meet some guy she was going to hook up with for his money and leave you in the dust. Because it turns out the guy wasn't interested in her, which means she will now be a great wife to you and you don't have to worry about any other rich guys coming along and her bailing on you. I hope poor Ron at least got some threesomes with Diane like Jack got, but I doubt it. Simpin' ain't easy.

Holy shit did this previously good story fall apart in a hurry. Sorry for being harsh, but you really shit the bed with this one.

I hope you keep writing, though. You have talent and you're able to stir emotions. Just try not to have endings that are like the Screen Rant Pitch Meetings on YouTube.

"Wow! After a betrayal that big, she's history!"

"Actually, they get back together a few months later."

"Oh my. Did she take a bullet for him? She must have really pulled off something HUGE to regain his trust after all of that!"

"Actually it was SUPER easy. Barely an inconvenience."

"RAACs are tight!"

Thanks for the story

Cog

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Jack

Howie got laid out, twice. Jack got laid, a lot. Jenny stayed true and ended up with her man. Great story with the happy ending.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfabout 4 years ago
Good except for one problem...

5 *s for your writing but here's what's missing...Fast forward 10 years from the wedding...Since she is a cheaterm, she's had multiple affairs. So ... sorry...once a cheater always a cheater.. she's a cheap slut and he should have never reconciled with her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ummm

Where's the reconciliation? This was pure RAAC. Jenny didn't do anything for him to take her back. His F-buddy did all of the work. He took her back because he "LOVED" her. Oh puke!

That's what happen a friend of mine. He took his ex-wife back and remarried her. Guess what? She cheated on him again. And she did it to her next two husbands. Unfortunately, he blinded to the fact she was a skank that would get bored and started sniffing around after a couple of years.

Reconciliation is good, but it has to be earned. Jenny didn't do anything to win him back. Sure, she didn't have sex that night, but she was a total bitch to him. It should take a couple of years for Jenny to proved the bitch is not going to come back for Jack to consider to making a legal commitment which could screw up his life for decades if they have kids.

Sadly, this second part only deserves a generous two stars, because the author forced a RAAC ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Really enjoyed it.

Nice story and great change of pace of most stories where the wife just couldnt resist falling back off the wagon, even though she never truly fell off to begin with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story

Except for "I can't make it without you" and other mawkish dialog in a few paragraphs that followed. Nevertheless, trying to sell a reconciliation here in LW is an act of bravery. I think this one worked pretty well, so full marks. Keep writing

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Great pair

Great pair of stories as you managed a happy ending. Jenny turned out to be intelligent enough to realize that her actions triggered the entire mess. Jack, with help from the soccer girls, was able to swallow his hurt and go home. Both were mature enough to realize what they meant to each other and make amends. Happy ending for everyone except Howie.

BillandKateBillandKateabout 4 years ago
You Convinced Me

I went from 'dump the bitch' to 'OK, maybe give her another chance'. Nice job, but only because she got out of the limo in time and realized just how stupid she was, took back the jewelry and tried to make amends.

Giving it 5*s for the entertaining story.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 4 years ago
Just asking

I am curious to know how this story would rate if it was Jenny who fucked two other guys because Jack went on a date with another woman. You could probably hear the howls from the top of Mt. Everest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Jenny fucked up but Jack is a tiresome ass. He’s described as the best man there is, but I don’t see it. She would have been better without him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I thought Literotica did not allow stories that included sex between people . . .

under the age of 18. Glad they finally grew up.

Thanks for the effort.

KingBandorKingBandorabout 4 years ago

You wrote:

"Jenny and Jack spent a long and fulfilling life together. They raised children and, in due course, became grandparents."

So, forty or fifty years ago, back when Jack and Jenny went on their pre-honeymoon, how did they have cell phones and voicemail???

moblanemoblaneabout 4 years ago
Good Story

Almost believable.. but Jenny is a very special character to forgive jack for screwing two,possibly, underage young women! Until I read the comments however, that thought didn't occur to me ! In general I am in line with the comment by BillandKate The whole story gives more credit to love and dreams than to real human nature! Having said that, It was just right for me. This is 'storyland' after all.

Great Job, Thank You 5*****

meucimeuciabout 4 years ago

The way I see it the minute she took that engagement ring off she put her self back on the market. Jack had every right to fool around with whomever he wants. She made her self single the second that ring came off her finger. I am pretty sure in real life he wouldn't have been in a threesome the first night but if the opportunity presented itself I don't know many men who would have turned it down. On a final note I like to think that the old man died of a blood clot in his brain suffered from the beating he took. ( it is possible not probable but possible)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Cannon o3/01/20 and those in that camp

Jenny's life as she knew it was over without Jack. There are core, soul searing differences between men and women. Jenny fell into the trap provided by her genetic code. Women can flourish in a world built by MEN, all modern and civilized and shit. They don't do so well in primitive societies. 40 % women pioneer's died before 40 years old. They are proverbial cake waters. Wanting everything they see, and 75% of divorces based on cheating are initiated by women cheating. Men's trouble is being fooled by PC into thinking that when they are negotiating contracts with women, like marriage, their woman has her fingers and toes crossed the whole time.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 4 years ago
Weird and fun for the most part.

I gave it 4* for being entertaining enough but I had to wonder about a couple things.

I'm not sure if some women would be ok with interacting with other women that her man had been fucking like crazy for months. Maybe because my wife has displayed less jealousy about women I have fucked as opposed to women I had feelings for.

My wife has been jealous about women I have never even kissed but I was really good friends with so, maybe some women wouldn't be as put off but I can't imagine the dinner scenario with Cheryl and Diane especially when Diane talked about getting her ass pounded.

I find Cheryl to be not very sympathetic after finding out the truth of her story and I am curious about Ron now. His restriction about Cheryl going to her lover's wedding was very reasonable. I'm really not sure how anyone would navigate the destruction that Cheryl engineered in her relationship with Ron.

I had fun however and was entertained.

Thank you.

Rob5373Rob5373about 4 years ago
Loved it

But I’m a sucker for good reconciliation stories where love wins out. I think it was good she recognized that she screwed up their marriage plans by being seduced with fame and riches. Since they were not married, she set him free to explore other ladies by accepting the date. She knew that Howie was going to get in her panties snd she came Damn close to letting it happen. If she wanted him back, she had to eat the crow. Good job. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
King

I like your work but your comment was silly. This was a look back from a future that hasn't happened yet. Kinda like : "They lived happily ever after."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WHAT?!?

She only wised up at phuqing zero hour but she still dismissed his feelings and disrespected him! She’s an avarice whore and he’s a weak a** b*tch!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

@KingBandor - Maybe the story is being told looking back from the future, or we're being told their future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Just okay

To cheesy at the end

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 4 years ago
I liked this for a couple of reasons...

One, he told her if she went it was over, short decisive, and to the point. And two, he beat the crap out his rival. I gave both chapters a 5.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 4 years ago

Didn't read it all, but who was married? This is in LW section and so far as I read there is no wife. Waste of time spent on a page here.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Well

You certainly worked your ass off making her worthy of trust and explaining it all worked out ok. Fun read. In the real world there’s no way a young man should bet his future and his legacy on a girl who would consider for a moment what she did

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Read some of the comments

Some of you really aren’t that bright. He took the ring back and left her/broke off the relationship/was a free agent bachelor able to date who he wanted. Which is exactly what she deserved. She’s extremely lucky he decided to take her back. I would not have taken the chance. Some of you shouldn’t try to make your own life decisions. Find someone who is successful in all area of life and run all large decisions past them before you make a move. And please don’t vote.

AethurAethurabout 4 years ago
This is a tough one

I think the best stories are ones where I can't decide if the MC made the right call or not.

In part 1, Jenny completely dismissed her husband's concerns, hid things from him, lied to him, and completely disrespected him. "The look on Jack's face said it all: he looked like a man who had just lost his wife." She saw what her actions did, and still went through with her date.

Does the fact that she have sex with the bastard change anything?

Jennt clearly learned her lesson, but I think it might have been the wrong one. Her overreaction to the job trip proves that she developed an unhealthy fear of losing her hubbie, and that she didn't really learn from her pre-wedding mistake.

Instead of TALKING with her husband about the trip, she just flipped out, and quit, out of fear that her hubby would think something bad was happening. Then in the epilogue: "Jack would have permitted her more leeway than she took, but he loved her for not wanting it."

It had become a nerosis at this point. She couldn't even giveher husband the chance to trust her (which he did, from that statement). I'm almost surprised the wife didn't offer to be lojacked and chastity belted.

I did think that the parallel story of his soccer girl was a bit forced. Did she really have to go through something almost exactly similar to Jenny, as a way to get them back together?

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Schwanze1

Schwanze1 makes a good point about the reading comprehension evidenced by the comments. Jen broke the engagement the minute she agreed to the date with Howie. Jack was free to behave as he wished. Some folks have to dig deep to find something to complain about in a good story.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 4 years ago
Two crazy kids...

...who work it out in the end. Drama without too much heaviness. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I just stopped to see if Timriv has a rant stroke about Jack.......turns out he did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
TOO BAD!

You had an excellent story going here until you decided to turn it into just another pathetic RAAC story. 1 star from me!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Went Off the Rails

This one went off the rails for me when the new primary girl friend had done essentially the same shit as the ex finance and was the catayst for putting Jack and his Ex back together.

Three Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Jenny was and is not marriage material. Her flaunting in her bikini's and accepting a date is a deal-breaker. To top it off she gets and wheres high-end sexy clothing to a place with an old man and expects nothing in return. LOSER!!

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
fiction

This is a work of fiction, as stated by the author at the beginning of the first story. In a work of fiction anything can happen.

Good story for both pt. 1 and pt.2.

5/5

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
Interesting 2 part story but.............

It really was hard to "Like" either of the 2 main characters. They both seem stupid and erratic in their behavior. Hell, the most likable and honest person in the whole story was Diane the three-some girl. She might have been a bit skanky but she told the truth and you knew where you stood with her at all times lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
another RAAC

and i mean that after consideration. she took off her engagement ring to date another man. read that again. that is premeditation. and a deal breaker. alcohol provides a flimsy excuse, but an excuse. she was sober when she took off her engagement ring to go on a date. no coming back from that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I liked it

It seems timriv isn’t happy unless the male MC ends up sucking another guys cum out of a sluts pussy. Jack was a free agent the moment she took off her ring to go out with another guy. Equally idiotic are the people calling him a cuck or that she did nothing to earn him back. She clearly learned her lesson the hard way, I would find it much easier to trust her after this than before because people can learn from their mistakes and it was clear that she would never let something like that happen again. A nice reconciliation story, 5 stars.

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 4 years ago
Not in the least credible

They were engaged, right? They were on a pre-wedding vacation, right. She dresses provocatively for beach, despite her fishes objections, and attracts a lot of attention, right? She attracts the attention of a wealthy, older man and accepts a date with him, right? She defied her fiancée’s protest and warning regarding the consequences of her date, right? She dressed like a slut on that date, right? After a protracted interval, her fiancé takes her back, right?

Wrong! Not at all credible!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Considering how far fetched this story is next time put some dragons and pixies in it. Might make it more entertaining. 2*

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Gee ... who to like ... Oh, I don’t have to like either of them. Pretty sure neither are ready to marry, nor are they in synch. Sweetie is sometimes willing to be more adventurous in her dress but at others still prudish. Fiancé is too controlling about her choices in that regard. And they did not communicate about those differences! A little honest reaction, rather than confrontive words and behavior, would have been more mature. Fiance’s assault on Rich Pervert is a very immature and dangerous act. It sounded like they went back there for their honeymoon. I imagine there was an open police file on Hubby is as one of the investigating officer suggested. Jail is a bad place for a honeymoon, even if he Hubby got released in a few days because the plaintiff was absent (but not yet dead.) Overall, too pollyanna of a wrapup!

4*

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 4 years ago
Misfire

I kept thinking boss Joe and wifey were playing a con on hubby, so they could shack up on the trip with his blessing. Would have made a really great last paragraph.

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years agoAuthor
@Boomerbill

While I appreciate sincere comments, criticism involving assumptions that were not actually part of the story, but were imagined by the reader are more difficult to accept.

Addressing your criticisms one at a time:

They were engaged and on a pre-marital vacation, yes. But as for her dressing provocatively, not really. She was wearing the current style, though her finance, as many men react, thought she was showing too much skin. Sure she attracted attention, she was a beautiful young woman, with a exquisite body, what man who isn't dead wouldn't notice?

Yes, she did draw the attention of an old, rich and powerful man. But she does not realize his objective & is naive about his motives. She does get caught up in the lure of mixing with the rich and famous, which is NOT a non-creditable possibility.

A key point is she does NOT believe that it is a date & becomes convinced, perhaps to satisfy her own conscious, that her finance is over reacting & possibility overly controlling, so she digs in her heals, making it harder to back down later, even when she starts questioning her choice to go.

Nowhere did I suggest that she dressed like a slut for the date, only that she looked stunning. I did elude to her feeling that her dress was too revealing, but the thought was in a "Hollywood Star" kind of way, not a hooker.

Yes, the finance took her back... He was still in love with her. She admitted her error, sincerely apologized, and overlooked any female activity by him.

The incident altered forever her wariness concerning other men's motives, guarding her relationship with her now, husband, above all.

What is not credible about that?

kirei8kirei8almost 4 years ago
Make all the reasons you want

But she was engaged and on a pre WEDDING vacation and totally disrespected her fiance several times. No woman is as naive and utterly stupid as your character without a hidden motive.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Good story

Well written and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
5 Stars

This was a nice ending to a good story ..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The story

has it's points, but it becomes mawkish at times. Jenny isn't written as mildly retarded, so the business about not realizing it's a "date" isn't credible at all. In real life, the level of Jenny's disrespect would have led Jack to act well before he did. Still, overall, not bad at all.

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years agoAuthor
Re: anon 6-17-20

I had to look up mawkish... I disagree. And to the point about it being unrealistic that a woman becomes ga-ga over wealthy or famous person to the point of delusion - I have personally seen that happen, that person, (she) was not mentally challenged either. That case wasn't as enhanced as my story, but it did happen.

Respectfully, you are wrong... Never underestimate the power of someone seeing what they want to see. Jenny wanted to have the exciting experience that Howard offered, the delusion created in her mind was necessary, so she didn't have to admit to herself what she was actually doing. Then stubbornness and pride prevented her from backing down, even when she started feeling uneasy about going with Howard.

If further proof that it's possible to delude one's self, consider the mother and everyone else, WATCHING her child hit another, all the while stating that "her kid" would NEVER hit another!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not marriage material

None of the.characters in this story were good candidates for marriage. They were all immature, impulsive and self centered. It would be painful to be in a relationship with any of them.

I find the assertion that both Jenny and Jack suddenly resolved their charater flaws and transitioned smoothly into decades of marital and parental stability to be unliklely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ref: Fritz

Your points on seeing people get blinded by rich and famous not really on the mark. Everyone has some dreams and wanting to be near them is almost as good as being them. So yes you can be blinded by these things. Your point about a mother that is purposely ignoring her little sunshine behaving badly, while extolling his virtues I can see, and agree. That just makes her delusional (characterized by or holding beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality). Yes it is a mental condition, but when doing it, because you know its bad, and want to do it anyways, is fucked up. So, I guess what I am saying is I would fold that hand. I am not gambling on a bluff, which is kinda like being delusional.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
The happy ending

Seems unlikely but sometimes 7 2 wins 🙄

premshankerpremshankeralmost 4 years ago

Thought Jenny should avail the opportunity with Joe for a revenge 'fuck'

In fact Jenny did nothing , except 'heavy flirting/fondling.

But Jack enjoyed double Pussy & ass, several times, he is 'main culprit

fritz51fritz51almost 4 years agoAuthor
@premshanker

First, thank you for reading my story and caring enough to comment.

That said, I don't understand your logic. "Jenny did nothing"... Really? She was engaged to be married and still went forward with a date with Howard, EVEN after Jack warned her that doing so would finish them.

She went on the date & Jack broke their engagement, THEN he went out with the college girl. At that point he was a free agent. How is he the culprit?

Then you recommend that she revenge fuck Joe? The business trip with Joe happened AFTER she had apologized and was taken back by Jack, and you recommend she cheat with Joe???

I'm sorry, but your version doesn't wash.

Respectfully,

fritz51

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Went in the boring direction

A bit boring. Since this story already had gone with the fantasy threesome relationship, I had hoped that it would just continue with that.

Might be unrealistic, but it would have been a nice fantasy, and much more interesting than just yet another bland reconciliation. I think most people would prefer a well done fantasy anyway ;-)

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Damn, Jenny shot herself in the foot and Jack made out like a bandit.

She had a creepy and unfulfilling experience and then stayed celibate, while he was having threesomes for months. Seems strange that she could still be that contrite, but maybe she has a bit of sub going on.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
For me

For me,both Cheryl and Jenny should not have gone back to their boyfriends both boys being hypocrites.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Glad she learned her lesson. NEVER dis-respect your husband!!!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Personaly

Personaly,I don't think either Jenny or Cheryl should have gone back to their former boyfriends,they are both arseholes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Agree. Learning experience about respect. Good story enjoyed

Better than first part.

jtwheels

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Lesson Learned

I am looking for the author that writes, "Okay, you have now learned your lesson. You will never again (fill in the unacceptable behavior) when in a committed relationship. You are free to apply that new knowledge in a future relationship because this one is dead and done."

I wonder if real life includes as many forgiving reconciliations as we see here in LW.

Nice story, fritz51. A bit more work on grammar (lie/lay - lay/laid, her/she) would be worth the effort. Keep 'em comin'.

lukeey90lukeey90about 3 years ago
They're the same

Jenny and Cheryl and in a real world they're toast... over and done with

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 3 years ago

Ok, I am all for couples reconciling and living a life of marital bliss. I mean, who isn't, right? But there is a glaring problem here that I can't get past and, if it was me in real life, would never get past. That is the fact that she went on a DATE with another man, in front of her fiance while on a vacation with him. Let me say it again, SHE WENT ON A DATE WITH ANOTHER MAN! As a woman, I find men who are violent against women evil and repugnant, but let me tell you that this was about as close to a pardon as you could get. Have the volley girls beat her ass. Somebody should.

Sorry, but this story brought out some anger in me. My hubby looked at me and laughed as I read this and asked me, his eyes wide open in excitement, if this meant revenge sex for him later tonight...yes.

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Good RAAC story. She disrespects him but didn't cheat!!!

fritz51fritz51about 3 years agoAuthor

@Sarahwithlove:

I couldn't have hoped for a better outcome... have your revenge sex... I'm so glad that I stirred you that much !!!

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Well written story, the drama and the lesson she learned about allowing herself to be put in a compromising position. I was glad to see the reconciliation. She showed how she was never was going to be put in a comprising position again when Joe asked her to go on the buying trip and she quit her job. That in its self established that she would be a faithful wife and Jack and her would have a happily ever after. Well done 5 stars

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Oddly enough, the problem I have with the relationship isn't the cheating, since he retaliated to her date immediately by sleeping with other women. It's how weak and stupid she comes across - lets herself get talked into an unsubtle situation with frankly very little appeal but very high risk (which her fiancé keeps screaming at her till he's blue in the face), then bails on it when the obvious happens, but still loses her man to his new squeezes. Then when they finally get together, she goes the opposite direction and quits her job over prospective work trips with male colleagues, rather than discuss it with the husband first. Can't really picture a marriage of equals here.

fritz51fritz51almost 3 years agoAuthor

@secretsal - If I wrote a story about a very intelligent woman who never made a foolish mistake and never gave her man any reason to get the least bit angry; after you read it; would you have enjoyed it? What category would you suggest that I place it under - SciFy?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Nice

Well, you wound up covering their whole lives. Most authors don't do that. It was very interesting and there was a happily ever after. Excellent tale.

Five Stars

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

5/5

Very well written

Mistakes - Ego - Remorse - Reconciliation

Keep writing!

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Please end the story when the drama has been resolved. These far-in-the-future epilogs are amateurish (you're far from the only LW writer guilty of these). We don't need to jump ahead 50 years and read about the grandchildren.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Try to avoid a common Literotica device of needing to write parallel stories between characters. Not necessary for us to understand, and become tedious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Everything that Cheryl said about Jenny, only after Cheryl had reunited with her former boyfriend, had been true from the time all of them left the island. Thus Cheryl proved herself to a selfish piece of shit and Jack showed himself to be a foolish chump easily manipulated through sex. Jenny, Jack, Cheryl and Diane were all painfully immature and poor candidates for long term relationships at the beginning of the story. It was a sign of Jenny's ongoing codependent, juvenile outlook on life that she took Jack back when he returned only because Cheryl didn't want him anymore. If ever there were a group of uninsightful deplorables, fritz51 definitely found them.

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

@fritz - There are plenty of stories here about intelligent women who don't blow up their marriages, and some are handled quite well. A bit cynical to think that scenario is so outlandish that it qualifies for scifi. So in that hypothetical, yeah I would have enjoyed it. Sure, this isn't that story, this one hinges on a high-tension confrontation between husband and wife. I just don't think Jenny was done much justice as a character, she's mostly a convenient foil for Jack's story to do its thing. Not an unusual situation for LW stories, but since this one was written well outside of that, thought it deserved mention.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

That whole premise that she was wrong and will never hurt you again is absolute bullshit.

Fictional story or not, given the scenario here it's best that he goes his own way, finds a woman with a triple digit IQ, common sense and a modicum of street smarts.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

I think the chances of a married woman cheating on her husband is inversely proportional to her intelligence. That was proved without much doubt in my first marriage that ended some 40 years ago. My bride of 40 years was a very intelligent woman, desirable and sexy. Men loved her and women hated her. But she picked me, don't know why but I am very thankful and fortunate that she did and she eve came with 4 wonderful children. Good story. Even though are female was bit short on smarts she was dedicated in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You started off so nice with the first part, when an idiot shows her true colors, switched to the 1st half of the 2nd part where the 2nd idiot showed her true colors and then you made both men stupid as fuck. The only thing that makes sense in all of this is that it is set in US as it feels like a very bad "romance" flick viewed by preteens that scream in between sobs "that's what love is!"

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 2 years ago

Nice! …very sweet story series! Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh yeah! Alla well that ends well. Five *s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Again fritz51 great story, enough sex with well thought out dialogue. Keep writing I can see from the comments you have many fans and more to come I’m sure!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good tale. 1 question, why did feel need to make Cheryl a cheating too?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't think there is a lot of equivalency between Cheryl+Ron and Jack+Jenny. Situational similarities but the degree of betrayal is much higher with Jenny. Jack and Jenny are about to be married, lengthy engagement, on first real trip together and in short order she gets seduced, beguiled, and almost groomed by Howwrd the asshole. Jack gives her an ultimatum, tells her what he will do and her response is to her date night. He even predicts most of the night. Her response is to take off her

ring so she isn't reminded of the revenge sex he will have (wtf? Is she thinking), dress up like a slut, get told to "fuck off" by hernsoon to be ex-fiancee who saw her in all her revealing clothing with all the glitz and being, get pissed by his exit, get repeatedly mauled on the dance floor, and then worst she wonders if she needs to provide some sexual favor to Howard to repay him for the night and the preparation (not to mention that Howard's efforts are destroying her future with Jack). Yes she has an epiphany and cries foul when Howard goes too fast with his seduction and tries to finger fuck her against her will. What if he had gone slower and invited her in? At least she had the presence of minded to ditch her drinks. Sure after finding Jack gone and then in bed with Cheryl and Diane she all remorseful and upset and wants to atone. Jack roughs up Howard and flees back to the US, essentially a unique variation of the "drop the mike exit." From what Cheryl tells him about her and Ron, while similar in structure the degrees are far different. Of course Jack gets plenty of action for months with Cheryl and sometimes Diane. Jenny was so stupid and it could have ended much worse for her that night. Her respect to Jack was massive. He did get back st her in style. I also was abit chagrined that the person who tells him about a similar situation is Cheryl. Would have been beer if he moved to a different town and it was someone else he met who talked to him. He could have reached out back to Jenny. The cast of characters seemed too tight. Not necessarily against the reconciliation but let's not downplay how bad she betrayed him by saying someone else did the same thing and they are back, so chill dude.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked the story. I probably wouldn’t have forgave her thinking she was too stubborn and weak to trust. A more in-depth dive into her character life would have been welcome…. Both he and Cheryl moved on to comforting each other quickly. All in all a good read.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Absolutely Great Great Great Great!

yhgtbkyhgtbkover 1 year ago

A fun read well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

started off great story and then the second half killed it...

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

Good story loved the ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The Cheryl and Ron story was too similar. Good overall story. MC was a bit hasty to go all I n on Cheryl and Dianne but then again her taking off the ring basically broke their engagement. If they were married and they were having a big fight over her idiocy and naivete but she hadn't yet done anything sexual, then him running into another woman's arms and bed for a revenge fuck would be a real quagmire. Engagement is a different story. She really was ignoring all the signals, his warnings, etc thatbit was a real date and that sleazeball would expect compensation. What a creepy old pervert. Grooming women for athletes and celebrities. Uggh.

MarkTwineMarkTwineover 1 year ago

She accepted a date with another man while on vacation with her boyfriend. The idiot should have been thankful they weren’t married yet and dumped the slut immediately. There are over 8 billion people on the planet. To assume one only has a binary choice of live with a slut or be alone, one has to be an extremely weak person.

jflindersjflindersabout 1 year ago

I sometimes wonder what the motivation is for people write stories such as this that have the girl be stupid, immoral and at least somewhat dishonest while humiliating her fiance, then have him being a complete idiot and deciding she's someone to spend the rest of his life with. It just seems astoundingly ridiculous to me.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 1 year ago

Loved the first half, the second was depressingly disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well... I didn’t really like the story. Not because it didn’t end the way I wanted, that is part of life. But let’s look at things logically. People NEVER do anything, unless there is something in it for them. Woman are very pragmatic. At the point in her relationship with her fiancee, she didn’t have the golden parachute, a marriage would have provided. There were no kids, to collect child support for. In essence, besides ruining her vacation with hubby to be, she was risking her entire future with him. And the worst thing was, ( to any woman) she would lose the spin. Wedding was already paid for, and all of her family and friends, would have known why he broke it off. So from the wife’s to be prospective, this was a very risky thing for her to attempt to pull off, with very little upside to it. So my first belief is, the fiancée never would have attempted this, under these circumstances.

#2. The old man, who seduced her- Not really sure why the writer had him attempt this with someone who was going to get married so soon, but it also had serious downsides to it. If the same thing happened with a single, unattached woman, there would be no jealous husband to deal with. And trust me, they would have been lined up around the block, to audition for the role.

#3. The boyfriend gets away scot free, for beating up old boy. I am sure he would have had him arrested in the states for his actions. Pricks like this, have money to burn.

So I found the story line interesting. But not believable.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userfritz51@fritz51
Future stories by me will likely not allow ANON comments. To those who would like to leave a reasonable comment and won't be able to, I apologize.