All Comments on 'You Left Me a Long, Long Time Ago'

by Trionyx

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

You hit the nail on the head with this one!

5

Bronco56Bronco5611 months ago

Excellent romantic story. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So instead of being a supportive girlfriend helping her man achieve greatness, she leaves him. This is so dumb.

Billyboy1953Billyboy195311 months ago

There are such things as second chances and happy endings. My wife of 43 years is living proof of that. Excellent story. So we’ll written. 5 stars.

Fireguy1956Fireguy195611 months ago

Excellent story. Just proves that there is always a second chance if you truly want it. Worthy of 5 stars!

nestorb30nestorb3011 months ago

I liked the story, but jess was less than understanding, she was living with a lawyer, they work a lot of hours

Thanks for writing

lnrangerlnranger11 months ago

Great song, great story! Check out Curtis Potter's recording as well on his AMAZING tribute album 'Curtis Potter Sings Willie Nelson'. 5 Big Stars!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Eh, she entered into a relationship with a lawyer and expected him to not work long hours when he was handed a big case. It wasn't as if he was working weekends all the time, they'd reached a compromise about that. But it seems he wasn't allowed to be dedicated to his job AND her. She seems unreasonable and selfish, not a loving person at all. Overall, it is rather amusing because a lawyer expecting to work 9 to 5 and never have to put in extra hours, ever, seems rather fantastical.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Who did you pay for the positive reviews. This is utter crap. Bad writing, confusing time shifts. 1* is too generous.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

She got pissed and bitchy that he did work while she was fucking ASLEEP.??? Should have dumped the control freak right then. She's a piece of work, that one is. She'll never understand " for better, for worse" at all. RUN!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nicely done story. I’ve read several of your stories and you consistently bring the goods. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This is the first story I’ve read of this author. Really, really good. I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

sad, boring, and depressing. all that time lost, and to what end? Lame.

KTD2020KTD202011 months ago

While not apples to apples, it’s interesting Jess jumped Theo for long hours, yet traveled for her job.

I admit, I’m not a fan of the characters. Still, solid romance for me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Talk about high maintenance!

I’m not getting enough attention and even though my boyfriend is desperately trying to keep his head above water my version of being supportive is to pack my bags and run home to Mummy and Daddy.

She must have been one hell of a lay is all I can say!

Heybuddy65Heybuddy6511 months ago

You can’t please everyone. I hope it gives you some solace to know that plenty of people loved this story, loved how you wrote it and are very thankful you shared it. I look forward to any others you wish to share.

Comentarista82Comentarista8211 months ago

I rated this a 5 overall, because of content and very good transitioning from the current day, then flashback, returning to current day. I will mention things that seriously made me consider rating 4.

Biggest item was Jess, as if she could not understand he would not always have weekends open. It's a great idea, but it's totally incompatible with the reality of being a lawyer, where you're lucky if you're leaving by 7, probably at a big firm by 9 if you've got a big case. It wasn't that he was ignoring her or not wanting to spend time with her, but the sheer volume of work overloaded him--and that was natural--because that can be a lawyer's life. How she reacted made her look very unsympathetic--and yes--quite the prima donna, like everything was supposed to stop because she didn't agree. That said, he could have taken small breaks to talk with her, have cups of coffee...but being a typical guy, it didn't occur to him and he was laser-focused on finishing.

Likely the huge save was her giving him a second chance, although I also side with other posters rightly claiming she had little reason to gripe. He was able to break out and change, which helped him still do the work he loved, but that isn't always possible, too. At least you wrote her being far more understanding the next time around.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

1 star. Writing was OK, but the author clearly considered Jessy girl a positive character. Except, he descibed a piece of crap human. Her START was to "flirt" with him by repeatedly putting him down. I get that trading barbs can be part of flirting, but not that viciousness.

Then, her bitchy high maintenance demands. She had NO PROBLEM using the fruits of his hard work (fancy vacations, nice place to live). She had no problem doing things he didn't like (travel for work overnight) when her job asked. But apparently the problem with him working more than she was happy with was grounds for treating him like shit.

And the worst part is, the sucker is forced by the writer to want to take the using bitch back :( Because of course there are no nice understanding APPRECIATING women out there, only the One and Only Princess Highness :(

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6911 months ago

Nice but she did not impress me.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So does Jess really believe that a one man practice lawyer isn't going to be burning the midnight oil or does she just want a second Subaru in the garage in case hers breaks down? Well written story however. 5 stars

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler11 months ago

Loved this story and the ending. Thanks, five stars read.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Story should be in Romance genre, but a great story no matter where it fell. It was a unique plot line that was written in a way that had readers cheering for them all the way to the end. 5+*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Ignore the genre comment - So used to seeing your stuff in LW I got confused where I was reading...again - LOL!

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

gordo12gordo1211 months ago

I enjoyed that! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

All backstory and not much story.....

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter11 months ago

The ending seemed too abrupt after all the history and frankly the history did not put her in a very good light from my perspective. Yes, perhaps he was too focused on his career, but it seemed that she could travel for work if needed and be gone for days, but the “Holy Weekend” demands, which only impacted him gave her the legitimacy in abandoning the relationship. Based on what we were given I would not put much faith in the future of this relationship.

oldsage_1oldsage_111 months ago

Tough crowd! I enjoyed it very well crafted.

Cheers

SAGE

SlithyToveSlithyTove11 months ago

This one wasn't about plot, as the structure and ending was clearly telegraphed, but the journey was quite enjoyable!

DrizdartDrizdart11 months ago

An extraordinary story, with excellent people I stayed interested in, some development, and a romantic ending.

Thanks for your efforts, and good luck with the contest.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar11 months ago

There are now two pussies under one roof. As described, she is one high maintenance, self-centered bitch. He is the pure definition of Milquetoast. The story itself is written very well. I just don't like the characters at all, 4* for the writing.

lc69hunterlc69hunter11 months ago

This is the proper ending. He just needed to wake up

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I gave the story a 5 but Jess is a self-centered bi...xxh. If I were Ted I wouldn't have reconciled with her. The next time he has to work overtime, she will repeat her behavior and disappear. Moreover, I suspect that during the time she was away from him she was involved with some other men.

mildcolonialboymildcolonialboy11 months ago

Nice story, quite realistic. The demands often placed on young layers by big firms can be totally unreasonable and destructive of any relationship. I have two nieces who are lawyers, one had a relationship break up because of the pressure of her work, the other left her job to save her marriage. The job or the relationship is often the choice. Jess’s actions are entirely reasonable.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I thought this was an excellent story and very realistic in capturing the work demands that impacts home life. Thank you for the pleasure of reading it.

MigbirdMigbird10 months ago

Love that song especially when sung with Brenda Lee. Like your well written story — true to the lyrics with the added touch of reconciliation. Aside: shortly into your piece you use a line that immediately brings to mind the Eagles song “Life in the Fast Lane” — now there is a song made for wild erotic fiction.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nice story

Too much break up in the past, not enough getting back together.

But a happy ending and that's always worth a point!

Much better than 4, not quite a 5

So it's a 9 out of 10.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

He wasn't as distant from her as you intended. Working late and some weekend time is usual as you build your career. What if he was a surgeon on call saving lives? Dump him for caring?

I understand the message here but it lacked some depth and the reconciliation was weak.

bigurnbigurn14 days ago

Overall your writing, on this one, is fairly good. Yet, few men would hook up with a narcissist bitch like Jessica a second time. Other than for a few sexual escapades, that is. Certainly, no sparkling diamond on the finger moments. No man could be that desperate and obsessed, no matter how good the sex was... 3 Star ⭐⭐⭐ effort, due to being unbelievable.

Bilgerat13Bilgerat132 days ago

I don't see Jessica as a narcissistic bitch, the MC had a poor work/life balance and it took Jessica leaving him to show him the error of his ways. If she hadn't left him then he would have just continued on working late nights and the weekends, nothing would have changed. If he had asked her to marry him then she would have said no.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTrionyx@Trionyx
Nov 30, 2023 I am honored that my story Last Few Days of Summer was voted the Readers Choice for First Time stories for 2022. Thank you for your votes and support. August 2022 I was surprised and pleased when my piece How to Fuck Without Saying Fuck was selected as the Reade...

SIMILAR Stories