All Comments on 'You Look Good in my Shirt...'

by 6,227

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
des911des911about 1 year ago

Nice story. It feels like a good, adult tale without the craziness that some authors use. I like the story; the characters are realistic - the sort of people a reader can get to know and care about; can want to follow their ups and downs, their pain and joy. It ends as one would expect, but that never seemed certain up to the end.

Well done and thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't miss this important story. It should be must reading for pre-marital counseling sessions.

I love stories that are real and teach us more about life. Were they tooo young the first time?

But the best as the they both knew how to be loving in an unselfish way and forgiving.

To me the husband failed a bit the first time around because she obviously was in a depression in sickness and in health means exactly dealing the problem. To say she refused counseling is a cop out. He should have arranged an intervention with both families and gotten her the help she needed. The same could be said for her parents, his parents and others.

We must understand that we do not educate people enough in how to deal with mental health issues.

Great 5 and should get a bonus 5 for being a socially significant story.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good Story! Thank you!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The story line isn’t all that original…with a predictable outcome. That said, the characters were engaging and the writing was solid. Thanks for the entertainment!

maxx308maxx308about 1 year ago

Very good read, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

First time I’ve read this author. Nice story nicely told. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very sweet story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Almost exactly the story of my life. Wife and I got married two weeks out of high school and she was not pregnant. Divorced eleven years later. Remarried two years after that and have been married thirty five years the second time. With the accuracy of the feelings, emotions etc you describe I suspect you may have lived through this also. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ambushed at an Orioles game by his ex! Well that's novel! Realistically, what would be his reaction to the post-nuptial pregnancy reveal? Not good I'm thinking. More like "she's suckered me in now that she's knocked up." Well, life goes on, and you get 5 stars for a well told story, even if we have different ideas as to how the tale would progress. Thanks for sharing your talent and hope that you keep contributing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Liked it, don't think they should have got back together. It was very predictable but I liked the characters overall. Just would rather they'd gotten closure and moved on than tried to make it work. Also not sure what a small town is considered these days but a class size of 250 isn't that small, my grad class was 248 in 1994 in town of ~20k. No one thought that was small.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yes, it was transparent as hell. A completely clichéd story from start to finish. The question is, why the fuck did I enjoy it soooo very much? I could only give the story four stars due to the utter lack of originality but the characters did seem to resonate.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

A great story well told.

We got married too young, she was the mother of twins before she was 21.

We separated and then divorced after 11 years and 3 children.

August 2022 would have been our 60th wedding anniversary. She never remarried. I did, but it only lasted 9 years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

when she called a photo of herself a picture of a slut, in the opening paragraph, I lost interest. Blech.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"When you grow up in a small town, and there's only 250 in your graduating class, you tend to know most everyone."

Sorry, but that's not a small town. There weren't even 250 kids in our high school. We probably did have a few more than that if you counted the entire K-12 student body.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm not sure that long and torturous constitutes Romance, but I guess that was as good of a category choice as any. It wasn't a bad story, but more of a so-so mess.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Loved the story - lots of twists and turns I didn't see coming for most of it. I think we all knew when they met in elevator what would happen, but still a great ride. 5*

jdnick73jdnick73about 1 year ago

Loved your story!

Smiffy69Smiffy69about 1 year ago

A lovely story. Thank you. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

as a male who has gone thru several miscarriages with my wife over the years, I just wanted to commend you on how you addressed that in your story. I really enjoyed reading this, very well developed, good character development and very down to earth realistic. great job! I'll be keeping an eye out for more of your writings here.

teedeedubteedeedub12 months ago

It's amazing when it happens to you suddenly so many people who went through it break out and tell you their version. It is a tragic thing and it makes you realize what is meant when they say "the miracle of life". Great story.

AstordatairAstordatair10 months ago

Just wow! It's frustrating we're limited to 5 stars, because this excellent story would deserve more! Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Timeless.

Thanks for dealing with a crushing issue, that has destroyed too many!

So touching and important it deserves the top rating even on a scale of 1,000.

The Hoary Cleric

JackJillHopeJackJillHopeabout 2 hours ago

Good heartwarming story with a great ending. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user6227@6227
Because I've been asked.... 6227 is my work extension!