All Comments on 'Your 10 to My 5'

by Just_John1

Sort by:
  • 244 Comments
moultonknobmoultonknob27 days ago

I don't understand why these morons won't tell the children the reason they have left their mother.

TwoSpeed52531TwoSpeed525312 months ago

I hardly give 5 stars but your story is worth it. Well done. Nice length. If I have any negative comment it would be that the story was a little predictable.

justified15justified153 months ago

Very good story. I enjoyed reading it as I'm currently going through my own divorce.

I had to work hard to ignore every line of dialogue including the name of the person being spoken to. It felt so unnatural. Please take that ass constructive criticism.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'm a 78 year old sentimental old fart. I have tears in my eyes.

Well done!

pummel187pummel1873 months ago

A man who has self respect 🙏

usaretusaret3 months ago

No criticism, `I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It’s an exceptional story. I just hated that he knew how Maggie was suffering and just kept beating the emotional shit out of her; leave her, divorce her, fine, but he was a consistently brutal asshole to a woman he had loved for 30 years—give her and himself a break and at least be kind if not forgiving.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story. Did expect a little bit more burn to the cheaters. Still a four star as OP upgraded.

vanyevanye4 months ago

All three anonymous psychopaths who post on Lit really need to find a new hobby.

Story was decently written, though the usual trope of wife with no explanation and husband with no give in his mind gets old after a while. Still an enjoyable effort.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Should have been 1-2 pages long with Maggie and Brett disappearing never to be found again. The MC John was just a wimp, nothing more. The moral of the story is you can love a woman, but never give her all your heart. She'll end up despising you and breaking it simply because she can.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

In response to the guy mentioning founding father's.......they were slave owners as I understand it so just mentioning them is pretty stupid.

The husband needed time to think and he did that by walking away.....nothing wrong with that.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Its too bad a commenter can't comment on a blowhard commenter.

hstrombolihstromboli5 months ago

It was a good read, I could understand his motivations as a man whose foundation was tore apart by betrayal - an ungrateful wife who did not appreciate the hard work he did for the family. She wanted pleasure above all else, and she only thought of herself.

I would point out, however, that the second time she had sex with Pumper - that was rape. Pumper coerced her (threatened her employment) for sex the second time. His ass should be in jail. John also probably should have come up with a better legal defense (his lawyer should have told him to shut his mouth in court) and force the State to prove that John didn't think that there was an intruder in his home assaulting his wife ... plausible reason for hitting that asshat.

OlFrog14xOlFrog14x7 months ago

"... the pressure your looks bring to the table. "

Is a really great line!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Kind of standard story. Maggie made a horrible drunken decision screwing Pumper twice, even after she woke up. But her actions afterwards regarding not owning up to what she did to her sons and hoe she did not immediately quit and sue the comoany and Pumper for sexual harassment and fully support her husband as he was being charged, just buried her. Maybe it woukd have made no difference once she was caught but the fact that she did all this other things too late made it absolutely impossible. She was remorseful but not enough to take important actions. She was not repentant. Even near the end she thought it didn't mean anything. Worse thing to say to an aggrieved spouse.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Generic story with a lot of weird punctuation errors

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Four stars. A good story but entirely too much rabbit-chasing just dragged it out without adding anything of relevance.

But the author did say at the beginning that he does go on too long.

MasterKoteMasterKote8 months ago

Married women especially after drinking should have no business being alone with a man that's not her hubby, or family or childhood friend at home alone. She put herself in that position and gets to live the consequences

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

My biggest single gripe....why the heck do authors think it's more noble to NOT tell everyone the truth when questioned. He withheld this from his son's, knowing they were upset .... This is just f...ing retarded

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good read: and poo to those that don't think so. I have imagination, I am sorry for those that don't.

Everyone should know at the outset that this is fictional. The facts that the writer uses to make this story work can be anything he chooses. It is up to the reader to live within the story. The writer worked hard to make it flow.

Just so you know, I learned to read before TV and cell phones. Books lived in libraries and were checked out and returned. Radios were powered by batteries. It is a pleasure to share another's thought process. Thank you for your hard work and the gift of another good story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

5***** very good, excellent writing. One small point: the Bahamas are a completely English speaking island country in the Atlantic (just North of the Caribbean and East of Florida. It was a British colony until the late 1960s/early '70s. The whole scene with Jose and the Spanish speakers is just off kilter.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I wonder how the the British Crown feels about finding out their Bahamian Commonwealth territories suddenly turning Hispanic and speaking Spanish?

I know, and many authors here have stated, “It’s my story - It’s my universe” but you should at least TRY not to be ignorant of facts.

RubiconXRubiconX9 months ago

This author knows how to write. Conversations are realistic and adult, the story is well-paced, and these are characters you get interested in. I do have to note the one weak element in this story: the typical LW hubby who is incapable of talking things over with a wife he’s been with for 25+ years, who self-pityingly agonizes, asking himself “Why?” over and over when he could just ask the wife. This is the most annoying trope in LW and here it is again. Even if the wife totally deserves the BTB treatment, enough already with immature, rigid, uncommunicative hubbies.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another husband with a drop the mi exit and a wife who suddenly became a slut after 30 years with no self understanding as to why.

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

3 stars - second read - but this time, after reading thousands, I have a different perspective.

There are a lot of holes in this plot.

I do not get the SLUTS denials - that it was only one time - that she was drunk - that it meant nothing. These are the standard by the 'cheater's handbook' responses that the majority of the LW stories use. To continue the denials right to the bitter end and beyond is something most writer's have begun to leave out of their stores - it is just NOT believable and a waste of typing effort.

After being away on a short business trip - anyone walking into their house and hears the sounds of someone having sex, especially NOW with everyone having a smart phone - they would be automatically recording for use as evidence - one way or the other.

The other part that bothers me is the idea that the MC was an engineer, who had an effective way of dealing with women with his 'never date a woman more than 2 points above him' - then he just goes ahead anyway - that just does not make sense. PLUS the fact she was not done with TIM when she agreed to be exclusive and got caught.

So this is 2 strikes against this story before we even get to the marriage.

Then suddenly, 30 years later, the SLUT jumps into bed with her bald, dumpy looking, boss - NO WAY - not happenin'.

If there was an arrest warrant against him - he would have been arrested at the airport anywhere he landed in the USA. So that whole part made no sense. Then again - no one gets a sentence for more than thirty days in jail for a first time common assault and most definitely NOT 5 to 10 years - even in China. You could never build enough prisons to house all those potential ASSHOLES.

Better luck with your next story.

Have a nice day.

Cringo31Cringo319 months ago

Thought it was a solid story. Would have liked more history About Sarah and how she became so infatuated with John so quickly. The characters did stay true to themselves which I appreciate.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nice attempt. Not a fan of the "drop the mic" exit. Also yet another cheating wife who can't understand what she did wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very good!

This story has feeling, depth. Very good!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Except for the not telling grown-ups the truth, I really appreciate this story. I so very much loved the fact the author didn't turn John into an insecure, simpering wimp. He held firm to his convictions.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just getting into the story but had to come here and complain about this bullshit bit of never telling grown ass people the truth. Both sons accused him of doing something wrong and he responds that they should have all the facts but then doesn't tell them the facts. What kind of silly shit is that? Even if he simply told the facts as he had seen them, there could have been the start of considered dialog about there mother the whore. Please don't turn this guy into a cuck, his responses to her shit about it not meaning anything is just so spot on. Yes, it means she's a liar, yes, it means she doesn't care about marriage. Where were thee tears when she considered and then acted on her betrayal?

O.K., I am going back to page 3 now.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story. Very well described emotion. I could feel the pain and heartbreak. I think you accomplished your goal here.

ttt59ttt59about 1 year ago

Pretty drawn out to have such an abrupt ending, but good nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To much writing about what happened before. 3/5 stars.

jopstorm1945

James G 5James G 5about 1 year ago

Pretty good, but the odds of running in to a while Spanish speaking community in Nassau's really small, they'd be speaking Creole if their English wasn't great in all likelihood.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, the truth is to move on why screw your lift

EvelZombieEvelZombieabout 1 year ago

I gave you a 4 because I thought it was well written. However you banged on all the old drums. Rigid, uncompromising husband who runs from his problems. Wife that doesn't understand what she did wrong. Yes she deserved the divorce and the ass kicking the perp took was a nice touch. But I never like seeing men who can't face their problems and run or wallow like little boys. You did lose me with the legal matters. Alienation of affection is way overused in these stories, only 6 states allow it and even then it usually doesn't come to much as it has a high bar for proof. Also the morals clause in contracts is usually used for high level execs, his wife was just a para-legal I doubt she had one. And more than likely he would not be able to sue the business and win. His wife might have had a case but it was weak from your story. MCs concoction to save his business also would have come to not. His wife if she wanted would more than likely be able to sue later after MC was promoted back to partner, it would not be hard to prove in court he did it to deny assets to his wife. Sorry I am not trying to crap on you I like your writing and I hope you improve, but the amount of writers on this sight that go off into fantasy land on the legal side of things is pretty high up there. It's like watching a movie with a 95lb petite woman just knocking the crap out of every heavily armed full grown man she comes across. Takes me right out of it and I'm just calling BS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yet another husband in a LW story who is so emotionally overwhelmed yet constipated that he can’t even have a conversation with his soon-to-be-ex-wife. And another cheating wife who after months apart still just cannot figure out why she did what dhe did. Both of these character tropes have been done to death. How about some creativity? How about creating a husband who can actually talk things over? How about a wife who can actually introspect enough to figure out why she cheated? What about summarizing all that relationship history into a paragraph instead of droning on and on for an entire chapter?

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitover 1 year ago

I liked it! OK, not the most original story that I have ever read on Lit.com, but a satisfying & steadfast little BTB tale for all us fans of this mainstream genre of betrayal, and angst, by a pretty and yes, loving wife, who is so narcissistic (deeply in love with herself) that she doesn't realise the worth of what she's got 'til it's gone! Big yellow taxi, anyone? So I give it a 4.5 score!

R.S.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Very good story. Touches the moral, or right and wrong of Maggie, John and several others as in Judge, Sarah, Jose, Bob, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

From the day we are born, to the day we die, decisions we make, affect our whole lives. ( shit, that rhymed) In any case, those of us with principles, accept the consequences when we fuck up. That is, unfortunately, rare on Literotica. I blame in on the Disney Princesses. Girls grew up, somehow with the expectation they were special, and could get away with whatever they wanted. I remember my late dad telling me once” I don’t want you to struggle, but I don’t want you to have it to easy, either”. There is a lot of truth to that statement. When everything is handed to you, you appreciate nothing, cause you didn’t have to work for it. 5 stars- And good riddance to the bitch!

want2beusedbiuwant2beusedbiuover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this very much. I want to thank you so much for taking the time to share your story. In my humble opinion I think you are talented; I enjoyed this ride.

Best wishes to you and yours~~~

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Don’t listen to “ Cockweiler”. That was a great story! It is amazing that any time someone writes a story about a man with principles, all the cucks go crazy! Loved it. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If you live with an inferiority complex for more than 30 years, waiting for someone to disappoint you, then they probably will.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Stupidly derivative.

There seems to be a phenomenon on this site. A novice writer reads dozens or hundreds of boringly similar stories.

Nearly all of them are screeds about how awful are the women that one happens to be married to (it almost always turns out the sap married a whore. Seems all women ya marry end up whores!)

The loving husband proceeds to either destroy the woman (all the trolls love that one) or himself. Most end with the man having found a new madonna. We usually don’t get the chance to see the new madonna turn out to be a whore.

So, the novice decides “I hate women, too! I can write this crap!” So he proceeds to virtually copy all of the other stories. Now he is a proud writer.

He hasn’t had to give any deep thought about plots (he just uses the same one that all the other stories use) characters (he just starts spewing witty dialogue) or realism (why bother?) He might add a twist or two, he’s proud of that, but mostly he stays on safe ground and panders to the rest of the misogynists.

It’s a plague.

NickCaveNickCaveover 1 year ago

dgfergie: No fault divorces...Don't ya just love that? Women have fought long and hard for "equality". I'm not stupid enough to think that men & women still aren't equal, but at least they're a lot closer than they were 30-40 years ago. Women can do anything men can do in the business world, law world, and political world - it's really only certain physical things where men are and should remain the preferred choice and frankly, there are many positions where I personally think women shine more than men. I won't list them because the woman-haters on Literotica would want me whacked. LOL

It used to be that women NEEDED alimony and child support because they were housewives. A housewife and mother to children is an extremely important position in this world and unfortunately, women don't earn money from that so when the marriage dissolves I believe they were entitled to something fair, for a reasonable period of time or until they got re-married. But then it turned into women get 70% and men get 30%. Some piece of shit lawyers must have convinced politically liberal piece of shit judges that women deserved more, even if they didn't contribute to the family financially because the man will continue in his career and probably even advance and make more money, so tough cookies men! Even if SHE cheated or wanted a divorce and HE fought it trying to save the family. But when the situations are reversed men wouldn't receive the same sweet divorce settlement that a woman would in the exact same scenario.

It's 2022 and this is one area where women are more than happy to not be treated equally to men. Nope. A woman fucks your best friend, turns the children against you who you only get to see on Fri - Sun (so good luck ever finding a new woman or going out on dates) and she still gets the house and most of the money along with alimony and child support even if she has a respectable job that pays well. It's disgusting and I'm surprised that more men don't kill their ex-wives when thrown into a wood chipper like that.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

A good story about love and the lack of rust. Poor decisions and the usual story from a cheater, it didn't mean anything it was just sex. I love that term, just sex. The most intimate thing a man and woman can do together. have sex with a woman is bonding , she becomes part of you and you become part of her. Just sex? No such thing. Good story, he didn't hit the guy enough. Used to be you kill both of them and it was justified as a crime of passion. Now there are no fault divorces, what's with that? 5 stars

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

Jose translates to Joseph in English. Juan is John.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story ,but I didn't love the ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story and all but....He’s in Nassau. Right? A British Commonwealth. Right? Unless I don’t know shit about world history, they don’t speak Spanish in the Bahamas! Hermosa? = sister. Beautiful? = bonita ( in the feminine ) C’mon author! You just can’t make a FAIRLY accurate description of his flight and passage down there only to fuck up something as simple as the language. Where u’ from mon? North Korea? We all know they’re idiots!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As she did not get it, it shows where her morals are. It was just one, errrrrr, once all night! With her it was waiting to happen. He married the wrong person. She also never fought for her marriage, had she it would never had happened. I found the ending far too short. Oh yes - It was just sex, no, it was adultery, you idiot. It meant nothing to me, no, but your body is your husbands body and it meant a great deal to him.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

I fully adhere to his 2 points rating rule. I'm a 6...a 7 if I'm in a nice suit maybe. The couple of times that I had a legit 9 they strayed and always permeated behavior that was way too flirty or disrespectful. One 8 was a downright slut but since I knew that going in I treated it as such. The few 6s and 7s I dated seriously have been a much better match and yielded better results.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She still wasn't getting it🤦🏾.. she just kept saying it didn't mean anything... that's actually even more scary.. if it meant nothing, than why do it? Why ruin your marriage, your dreams, your family over it? I think this is just what cheaters say to convince themselves.. it's actually insulting to tell your spouse it didn't mean anything, it was just sex.. it meant you gave up all that you say is important and dear to you, for something that meant nothing😒 . that's just stupid. It meant none of those things were of any importance to you and were easily discarded🤷🏽‍♀️. That's what it meant. She also kept saying it was only one time. Ummm, No.. she's been cheating for awhile. Having secret lunches, secret dances, secret dinners is not appropriate for a married person. That is also cheating.. she fuck'd him all night, what does she mean it happendd one time?😂😂😂😂🤭...How would she feel if the shoe was on the other foot? Would she have been so forgiving?.. she was sorry she was caught.. not so much the act. Otherwise she would've stopped saying it didn't mean anything. Honestly, the MC should've seen this coming. She was with Tim and got with him, than decided she wanted him and was going to break up with Tim. But snucked around to break it off with Tim.. this should've been a super red flag. She clearly doesn't have the same values as he does. She has no problem lying, sneaking around and keeping secrets. Her logic is "what he doesn't know, won't hurt him"... that incident with Tim should've told him what he was getting into. If it was just to break it off with Tim why did she need to lie to her boyfriend to do it? Why couldn't she just tell him, I'm gonna go to lunch with Tim and break it off? If it was all innocent there would be no need to lie. I think she wanted them both and couldn't decide which. This woman didn't like taking any accountability. Hence why she allowed the kids to believe he did something wrong. Another pet peeve I have is when the cheater say "come home and let him explain it to you"😭😭😭😭😭.. what is there to explain? He found you fucking some guy in y'all marital bed? What can she possibly say that would change that?🧐.. What explanation would be used to explain the betrayal? After the ridiculous explanation that isn't going to do anything, other than try to place blame on the cheated on party, than what? Shit always makes me laugh😭😭😭😭😭.. "it didn't mean anything, please come home and let me explain it to you"😭😭... or my favorite " it didn't mean anything, I don't love him/them, Please come home and let me show you" Oh yeah, some used up cum soaked puss is every mans dream😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭... these sluts are crazy......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, didn't find it too long at all. When a cheater has sex with some one not their partner it usually does mean something

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

Well, I'm thrilled that "Pumper" got what he deserved. It may seem a bit strident for some but when you find your wife screwing someone else in your own bed...... Good story. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am tired of hearing that No One could be as Stupid as Maggie .. My first Ex Wife makes her look like a Rocket Scientist . My First thought that Getting drunk and cheating was like a get out of jail card and that No one would mind . Bad news for her as I did mind it a lot . Her boy toy gave her 2 kids and she expected Me to raise them as My Own .. I was going to beat the shit out of ass hole but he got a RO against Me . He always acted tough with the cops protecting him . And Yes I did file a complaint and it went No Where

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

No one is as stupid as Maggie. I am sorry but she might as well be a cartoon character with one line. Jesus christ how many times did you have her say "it really didn't mean anything to me." That's preposterous. They were married for decades. That might happen to a couple just starting out but 30 years? One incident decades previously does not a pattern make. Oh hell, who cares. You won't read this anyway. Maggie wasn't believable. That's the problem

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

For the commenters who think Maggie was remorseful I have to respectfully disagree.

She was sorry. Sorry she got caught. Sorry she's losing her marriage.

I have a hard time believing she was remorseful when all she could really tell John was that it didn't mean anything. She never comprehended the seriousness of what she did and the pain that she caused her husband.

Hell, she was never able to tell him why it happened. She never told him how it happened. If she can't explain how and why the cheating happened how could John ever trust that it wouldn't happen again???

Not to mention he laid it out in very black and white terms after the situation college right after they first started dating. She was told exactly what would happen if she ever cheated and she did it anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Exceptional first effort. 5

The 5 to 10 for simple assault is ridiculous. In every jurisdiction I know it's 6 months to a year, and there won't be any time for a first offense without significant extenuating circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Take- That- Bitch!

5 stars.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 years ago

Good story. Assertive character, not a wimp. Maggie using same excuse over and over again was annoying.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Too long for what it was. Which made it drag which induces skimming.

What I didnt skim was decently written. A tad to unoriginal in the cliched areas though.

Yes the cucks wanted him forgive her (those gay little shits always want that because the love reading about other weak closeted boys) but the overnight and again the next morning really, really removes the legitimate tag of "mistake".

Not sure how a lot of crying and Im sorry transates into remorse, its more like "Hey he should be dreaming of eating another dudes cum" again the whole gay thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why did Maggie never bring up Pumper's coercion and threats of her employment when she resisted his amorous overtures the next morning? Maggie never told John about that part of the fiasco. John would rightfully still be angry that she had already cheated but it might have shown her in a slightly better light. She was under the influence of alcohol the evening before but that morning Pumper basically told Maggie to put out or clean out her desk. As written, Maggie was remorseful and truly regretted her actions knowing she had deeply hurt John. She still loved John but as frequent separations often do she allowed herself to take her eyes off the finish line and ran out of bounds.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

The fact that many commenters take her side is a sad commentary on today's society. The wife simply could not comprehend that in his bed, overnight with a repeat in the am is simply the most egregious offense possible. Come back from that after she had been warned previously? The world already has enough cucks, and yet writer and reader continue to ask for more.

dh3646dh3646over 2 years ago

I would have like it a whole lot better if they got back to together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like this story and this author's style very much. Sadly, this is his only LW submission and he has not posted a new story for nearly a year. He took a break from 2007 until 2019, however, so hopefully he is simply taking another respite from Literotica and will share more of his considerable talent here at some point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I read it again and it's still an excellent story! About him holding over her head the transgression while they were still in school, this is the sort of thing a person remembers when faced with a situation like this. You look back and question, remember, and it all comes back. I liked the way he just surrendered everything, his possessions being no longer important. Many men often respond this way to betrayal - they just drop everything and rebuild. This is a good story of a man winning through decency.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ended too fast, but otherwise was a superior story well written.

.

Maggie never did figure out the “why”…. Which is exactly the reason she cheated. She didn’t have a “hard stop” in her personality to prevent it when pressured and played by someone. Plus… she’ll probably go to her grave thinking it was not a big enough deal to get divorced over. Hubby showed her otherwise.

.

Glad he hooked up with Sarah. Happy endings are always fine with me.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Built a great story then rushed the ending.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Welcome back, that was excellent, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

We all wish we had his boat and fortitude in a similar situation.

A little windy maybe. But without the background it would be difficult too follow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally a story where the husband is not portrayed like a complete retard ..... well done Burt Reynolds

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, as someone who isn't a fan of the BTB or RAAC genres I've found there are very few good stories in between those two extremes. I'm glad I found this one. 5*

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - Finally a story I can relate to - with characters that actually seem 'normal'. Please write more stories like this one. I re-read this story after reading hundreds over the last few months, resulting in my thoughts and perceptions about marriage, divorce and separation being altered considerably. I have been married to the same woman for more than 1/2 a century and given how I am really feeling right this moment - we might not make it to the last phase of our life together. My being a septuagenarian, as well as married more than 50 years at approximately the same time, is like getting whacked between the eyes with a ball-peen hammer. It may take me a while to actually do something about it. Nothing lasts forever.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

I think many people are as arrogant as Maggie, and some are as wholesome as Sara. Wonder what Charles Darwin would think.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

5, good story even if the wife was off. She seemed really upset about John leaving, knows she made a mistake but didn't seem to understand why everyone was so upset. For a woman who was with him 30 years I would have thought she would know how he thinks. I almost expected a reconciliation ending, which wouldn't have been too bad I think, but with her seeming to not be able to understand how bad she effed up it didn't happen.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - way too long.

I skipped from page 1 right to page 6 and did not feel that I missed anything in the middle.

It was not a bad story, just filled with a lot of unnecessary stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is a love story...and of a husband who made up his mind to stand by his principles...and when it comes to loving a man...this wife just didn't love him enough...Why...she fucked the asshole in her marriage bed...that's shows just how much she really loves her husband...not enough to keep her legs closed....their's nothing else to say here.......

40fathoms40fathomsalmost 3 years ago

Lengthy but great reed, Well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I thought this was a fantastic. Entertaining engaging character, Fairly realistic as context. I see some of the errors that others have pointed to but overall,despite that and those are really small things in my opinion, This is an easy store to relate to and fairly believable. His wife would appear to be a somewhat sarcastic to my sociopath; I say that She has some concept of the pain she caused although it's clear that she has no sense of personal responsibility in the matter. I think This is a splendid example of millennial morality; And ever flexible moral compass in which everybody is forgiven every sin and for which they never have to take responsibility.

I'm currently writing a book, My 1st literary effort, And I am rapidly finding out just how difficult it is to write stories like this.

Pecking for taking the time to do this I really appreciate if you're working please keep more of it coming.

mdadaminmdadaminalmost 3 years ago

First of all, the story is excellent, although there are some small mistakes

For example, they have been married for 30 years and their children are still in university, which means that they waited at least 13 years to have children. Secondly, he did not mention anything about his memories during the marriage, but he only mentioned his memories during school.

As for the wife, I think that his reaction is the expected reaction, as she is a person who has no morals, and even after her infidelities were discovered, she did not find that it was a big problem, and she believed that it was just a simple mistake, and for a month she deceived her children by pretending that the father was the one at fault, which would have destroyed the son’s relationship with their father

Also, although her infidelities were exposed, she continued to work with her manager at work as if nothing had happened, giving the impression that she agreed with what happened and was ready to repeat it.

She just kept quit when her manager at work filed a lawsuit against her husband in order to put him in prison. However, she did not try to threaten the manager that she would sue him and expose him publicly if he did not drop the lawsuit, which gives the impression that her job is the most important to her than her husband, even if her husband was imprisoned because of her, and if the judge were not lenient with the husband The husband would have gone to prison

She did not sue the company and her manager until after her husband brought a case against the company and everything came out to the public, and therefore her goal was only money.

The strange thing is that until the end, she does not see that she made a big mistake

The story is good, even with these minor loopholes, and it deserves 5 stars, although I wish the writer had explained more about what happened to the manager, as it was explained in only two lines.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

I see tons of comments and obviously not reading all of them. This was a very good story really well written and paced. But there were a-lot of holes and frankly the ending felt rushed like you just wanted it over.

The first difficulty was that they had been married 30 years and had college age kids but yet all his memories were from their college days. If that was truly where his hangup was this marriage was doomed and probably lasted much longer than it should have. They were written as incompatible for a long life together but that was never acknowledged.

There were other inconsistencies within the story but they were easy to overlook as the story moved well and it’s difficult to change character pov within as story without losing track.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Finally, a good story

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Excellent 5 star story! Thank you, Just_John1. Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The desription of the second run Maggie did with Pumper is short but so true

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

She did wrong but John had no self esteem. He set the marriage up to fail by always telling his wife that he wasn't good enough for her. He asked for it. Sorry but that's the truth. I am not saying she was right but after 30 years of that BS, they should have reconciled. Starsong1977. Sorry girls, you have no way to harassed me.

BOOMER1948BOOMER1948about 3 years ago

Good story. Good read. Would have liked a little more development of John and Sarah’s relationship. Maybe a sequel?

EgregiousEgregiousover 3 years ago

Yeah well done. 5.

unMisTakenIdentityunMisTakenIdentityover 3 years ago
Excellent

Very, very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice job!

I agree with your foreword, it's not BTB (and certainly not nuclear BTB, as Boomerbill seemed to think). More like DTB (Dump). The MC was a man of strong principles, and he stuck to them throughout, demonstrating character that I can respect.

This story is an outstanding first attempt for the LW category. This was my first read of any of your offerings, and it certainly didn't feel too long, as your foreword also stated.

I usually prefer the LW category, but I'll check out some of your other stories, too. I hope they reflect the same high standard as this one.

Thanks! I enjoyed it ... and keep them coming!

GhostdogginGhostdogginover 3 years ago
Part 2

You should make a follow up to this story just so you can title it 9 to 5 haha

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story

When I first started reading this story I thought that 7 pages seemed a little excessive. As I continued reading, I became more absorbed with the unfolding of events and was disappointed that it ended. You did a great job, and this will go into my favorites stash. 5 STARS QuietCritic AKA CC

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Santa is looking for Maggie

He needs a new ho ho ho

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Second time through and still a great story though Maggie didn't really make a lot of sense.

amygdalaamygdalaover 3 years ago

If he was following the 10 to 5 rule, then would not Hermosa be a better fit than Sarah?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous