All Comments on 'Your 10 to My 5'

by Just_John1

Sort by:
  • 244 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty good

Pretty good first effort. A bit long winded. Keep going

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 3 years ago
5* - dragged a touch but very good

I was really hoping in the epilog he ended up with Jose's sister-in-law, thought it would be a nice additional story line, move down to the islands, go native as it were. Otherwise, not a whole lot different than other similar LW story lines. Saintly guy, troubled wife with lower morals, beautiful divorcee who makes his life all good. You could have touched on the morals more, it was there, but didn't seem to be a high point. In the morals department he was the 10, wife was the 5 - result was the same. Sarah was real convenient too. As usual in LW, money is no object, plenty of cash to head away w/o worrying. Least he wasn't a Seal or Ranger... Overall a very good story that didn't break any new ground but satisfied the reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow!

Really well done. Thank you!

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_byeover 3 years ago

Overly long drawn discourse on principles that could have been captured more concisely.

Jake7518Jake7518over 3 years ago

I gave it a %; one of your best stories.

killerwhale681killerwhale681over 3 years ago

I appreciate the effort you put into this story. A sad tale, but it rang true.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Great story! I plan to go back and read your older ones.

5

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

"this is a very long one, I always go on too long I know. This one got away from me."

Ignore the idiots with ADD that whine a story is too long. All the highest rated stories are actually longer than this one... it gives the writer space to flesh out the characters and fully develop them. Just split the story into several chapters if it starts getting big.

As for the story itself, I enjoyed it, but the ending felt rushed. You went through the first 6 pages at a steady pace, then it felt like you gave up... and crammed important final scenes into the epilogue.

Sarah was an important character. She's the woman who John presumably spends the rest of his life with, so why gloss over their developing relationship? He should have been cuddling up with her in the storm, not Hermosa, who was irrelevant to the story. Sarah was another beautiful woman, so what happened to his insecurities about her being a "10 to his 5"? Expanding on that aspect could have added extra meaning to the title.

A pet peeve of mine is the husband reminiscing in excessive detail about his sexual escapades with the soon-to-be ex-wife. In the very first paragraph of the story, you establish that Maggie is a cheating slut that horribly betrayed him by fucking her lover in the marital bed. There's nothing erotic about flashbacks to their first time together, not when you know that she's actually a selfish whore, who's eventually going to rip his heart out. If you wanted to include a sex scene in the story, it should have been John's first time with Sarah.

I did like the ending, with Maggie seeing John with the grandkids and bitterly regretting destroying her marriage. Her realising that he'd moved on with a beautiful younger woman was also great... the very best revenge against a cheating wife. It was just a shame that it all felt so rushed, going from their divorce to Maggie visiting him in Nassau in the very next paragraph!

Despite those criticisms... 5*

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago
Superb story and writing...

Excellent. I truly enjoyed reading this story. I found the courtroom scenes to be lifelike and credible. Judges let the law guide them, but they're not constrained by it. They have way more leeway than most people realize, and anyone who says different doesn't know what they're talking about.

Loved the story. Maggie apparently never attached the same significance to the sanctity of marriage the way John did. Her values were well skewed from his; she knew what she did was wrong, but seemed almost confused as to why everyone had such a strongly negative reaction to her betrayal. It's almost as if she felt she was entitled to a mistake like that from time to time.

I was happy to see "pumper" take a whupping, he definitely deserved at least that much. "Do you know who I am?" Yeah, you're the cheap tawdry little prick that's about to have his clock cleaned. Welcome to Texas, toerag. LOL. (Yeah, okay, I added that last part.)

I've never seen "ma'am" spelt "mam", but I looked it up and that's how the Brit's spell it, so it's legal. Good to know.

Great story, thoroughly enjoyed. Well done. 5 stars. Thanks for posting. Write again soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well done!

Don't listen waste of space like Whackdoodle who believes that every husband should be a cuck. You done well not to fall into cuck shit like many.

5 from me!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago
'Mam' must have lit up red every time you typed it.

Trust Word, at least for spelling. 'Ma'am' is the word you were looking for. I kept expecting something to happen. It never did. This could easily been a page and a half long and it would have had more impact.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The wife was already told of her husband 's feelings about infidelity and she chose to ignore them. The constant comment, "it didn't mean anything" speaks highly to a mental problem in the wife's case. She definitely is in need of professional help!!!!!!!

jasonnhjasonnhover 3 years ago

Well written. There were a few spots where the writing got repetitive, like you edited to move something but forgot to get rid of the original but that is an editing problem, not a writing problem.

I did have a problem with Maggie's casting into the apparently continually stupid wife. Even at the end she is still saying the sex with her boss "didn't mean anything to her". John had made it extremely clear what their relationship was based on. There would be NO understanding or reconciliation if she cheated. John catching them in the act put 10 exclamation points to that. She got into the sex, "What was the harm she thought, John would never know.". She was dismissive and arrogant. She has very weak morals, if she doesn't get caught at robbing a bank, she isn't guilty.

That after all the damage she did, to say at the end, "it didn't mean anything" borders on being delusional. It made her into a caricature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too.long

Middling story, but pages 2-5 could be cut. I have a hard time when an author tries to paint an adulterer in a sympathetic light, its usually not honest, and I didn't see it here. the next thing I look for is whether there was any personal growth to justify reconciliation, not here either. "It was just a moment of weakness" is not enough and isn't even supported by the circumstances of the story.

HikingThruHikingThruover 3 years ago
Great first effort!

Well done. The various tangents add a little, but at some point, pumps, hurricanes, boats and assault charges and Sarah and Hermosa, combine to detract from the main issues. Which for me, was the 10-to-5 premise, and how Maggie could not see that it would ruin her marriage, and then afterward, that it had. Maggie's a partner to this marriage and the sole cause of its destruction, and she appears shallow (i.e., it meant nothing) and clueless that she's crushed her soulmate. College and law degree, 30 years of marriage, so she should have more sense than that.

phill1cphill1cover 3 years ago

i applaud the effort. kinda boilerplate--with the sailing to nassau and rebound girl--though.

And, c'mon, nobody in their right minds sleeps in someone else's bed. Not conducive to health. So, not even that was realistic. We never got more from the wife than "i'm so sorry...i fucked up...it just happened..." which is nothing.

So, really, not very original or captivating. Just another Zane Grey of the LW...

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 3 years ago

As Literotica works its way through the public Beta testing phase of their updated format, I hope they consider scores higher than 5*.

My 5* score does not do this story justice.

Thanks and welcome to the LW genre. I’ll look forward to more.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Very well written!

Great story about principles.

Well developed, good length, and heart rending at times.

jaythemanjaythemanover 3 years ago
Enjoyed

The wife never figured out that, "It didn't mean anything" was the wrong answer. Reconciliation was impossible with her clinging to that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Mexicans in the Bahamas?

I really hoped he was going to fuck the Mexican broad!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The story was ok but a little irking

It was very wordy... too much talking but not really saying anything. 7 pages was not needed. The most irking part was John and his pity party. I got over it after page 3. The story was ok, much better than the crap that's been posted lately but I don't think I'd read it again. It was also sorta boring. I absolutely hate the "it didn't mean anything " bullshit. It meant EVERYTHING!. it meant losing your husband, it meant losing your spouse respect, it meant losing your family, it meant losing your spouse love, it meant losing your marriage. It meant EVERYTHING. If it didn't mean anything than why would you do it to destroy something that allegedly means EVERYTHING!? It makes no sense. I didn't like how John didn't really have a confrontation with Maggie, he kept getting up and leaving. I'm still trying to understand why 7 pages was needed? It didn't really add anything to the story just a whole lot of unnecessary talking. It was extremely wordy. I'm not going to lie I scrolled passed a few passages. It was just that boring and wordy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Re: Whackdoodle's comment

This critic has an appropriate name in my opinion.

I do not believe in violence as a solution, but I can see that certain circumstances would certainly arise to cause one to strike another. I agree with most of the commentors and gave it a 5. It might be a bit TOO (note the usage) but the pages were short so it did not drag on.

I appreciate a good story, I don't need too much sex, and concur that there has been a lot of poor writing in the last few months -- I think there are a lot of people that have time on their hands so they try to scratch their "writer's itch". A few good new writers amont the many that just fill up the site with mediocre to poor writing.

I am anonymous because I registered under an email address that I no longer have and am unable to sign up with my current address. So, I am not a lurker that comments from behind a mask (though I wear one religiously) picking writer's efforts apart. Thank you all for your writing. I have been a technical writer for most of my life, and envy those who can write fiction. Best regards, wally in Michigan

gaforrestgaforrestover 3 years ago

very good, enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why

Do so many of you writers make the man not tell what the scank did?

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

I was sorry to see the story come to an end. I really enjoyed your work, story telling, well done! I am looking forward to reading more of your work and hope to see more in LW. 5 stars. I think you could have developed more of the dialogue between Maggie and John but understand his steadfastness not wanting to talk to her. The end could have played out more and seemed to be pushed or rushed to get to the grandchildren... that was a big step from dating to being married to Sarah.

Excellent and hope to see more of your work in LW.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

For a first effort in this genre you did just fine. Suitable pathos during the story, generated sympathy for both main characters, I did feel sorry for both of the, as both lost lost heavily from her slip. Brett was a blackmailing arsehole he got off lightly. Maggie came across as just not comprehending what was happening, and poor John, well what can one say???

He was a goose and hero. But he gets a good woman in the end.

Score 4/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Brilliantly told story. Thanks for making the effort.

Candidly, I thought it was your 1st offering, and was shocked at how good it was. Then, I checked your story list and discovered that it wasn't your 1st ever, just the 1st after a hiatus of 'a few centuries.' Welcome back. Looking forward to more...and SOON, please.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

you lose one star for the BTB tag given there was no bitch burnt

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

What a great story best I've read in quite a while. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Another black and white story.

I don't like cheaters and I don't like cheating at all. But I also don't like people that cannot forgive at all. As he is driving to fast sometimes according to his stolidness he shouldn't be allowed to drive his car anymore.

English is not my native language, but "it didn't mean anything" - she should have said "it didn't mean anything TO ME" - is less bad than "it did mean something to me". I've read a lot of storys, where the wifes want to go on a date with another guy and have sex with another guy, because they miss something in their lives. I don't see that at all here.

Maybe some sessions with a psychologist would help tp prevent further cheating, but I've seen potential for reconciliation.

Sorry for writing as Anonymous. I'm trying to activate my account since July 2019, but didn't get support from LIT, Manu or Laurel. If you want to help me create a Thread in the Tech-Support-Forum, contact me: infosauger@gmx.at

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Was very good read

End was rushed. But in a sea of half a fag cum slurping cucky limp dicked stories. This was refreshing . 5 stars even with the rushed ending

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

very much liked the story. agree with jaytheman.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 3 years ago

John

After 20 stories, I would have assumed (bad word) that you would be able to know when you were telling the tale and when you were rambling. In this story you rambled a little to much.

You wrote, 'I'll tell you what, one more ride, then I go back to the office and think about it. If I decide I need it, I'll let you know. We'll see what happens.' The words from the perp, if Maggie let that ride and didn't know that that was the same as blackmail, she would have never been a good attorney in the first place.

Then you wrote, 'Mr. Baker, you hit the wrong guy, Mr. Gounaris is campaigning for the State's attorney.' The words of warning from the judge. You dropped the ball after that concerning Brett until the end when Maggie decided to sue the law office and he just got let go. What ever happened to his campaign? What about his loving wife? Sure he was a bit player but for all the other rambling you did it would have been nice to know something worse than he left the are shortly there after.

It was just a little to convenient that a Sarah and Hermosa fell into his life and let's not forget Hanging Harriet. I won't tell you not to submit in L/W again, just remember longer doesn't always make it better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyed it

A lot of stuff could have been cut out and it would still be good. It did have one of the thongs often done in LW that I hate and that is where the guy DOES NOT TELL THE KIDS. Why on earth wouldn't you say that you caught mom screwing a guy in your bed? They are college age for crying out loud.

And why would Maggie go to his place when the kids visited? I would have a "she's not welcome here for life" message to her and the kids. And she will now be friends with Sara? Come on. Sara can gloat that she won and that would be cool but no way friends. It would be a sorry you came message but now leave.

Last comment is why? Never really explained why she flirted and kissed this loser before this one last time where she takes him home. Not very good looking and not a great lover. If a smart woman like her that has such beauty that her entire life she could have any man she chooses why this dork? Working on a project together would not or should not make her desire this guy. Didn't fit. You should have made him a smooth handsome hunk of a guy.

BUT THANK YOU for a better story than what has been posted. This was refreshing.

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

Sometimes I enjoy the comments as much as I do the story. I was honestly wavering between a 4 and a 5, more for the ending than anything else. As others have said, there was too much of a jump and it was rushed and made me feel like I missed important things.

As to my rating and my first comment, I have to admit that whackdoodle tipped the scales in your favor. I will also go back and read some of your other stories.

Ah yes, it is a 5*.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 3 years ago

Sort of petered out at the end, but a solid 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Verry good story

Nicely told story. One slip was more than enough, ultimately she was selfish and it caught up with her. She compounded here error by not telling the truth to her sons, and that was the death of the relationship.

Thanks.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

It's amazing what embarrassing views some people like "Whackdoodle" have.

It sucks that a country like the USA has a president like Trump, but that the residents are also so unintelligent is amazing. There is a saying in our country: "Only the dumbest calves choose their own butcher!" What stupid law allows a complete stranger in the house of the owner to fuck his wife without being held accountable for it? Only the laws of a country in which a D.Trump can become president!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pretty good story

Yes, you got too wordy. But the story was entertaining to read. My complaint is that after all those words, the ending seemed surprisingly rushed. Like you ran OUT of words. There was a lot going on in the end and you blew thru it at warp speed. And to me, that was some of the best stuff in the story that you rushed. But this is the loving wives category and nobody is happy any of the time! Thanks for the effort.

acupacupover 3 years ago
Good Story

I agree, the ending was a bit quick, but I've been there myself and have a dozen in the 'can't find the right ending' stage.

Maybe a sequel?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I loved your story but the ending fell short!

Did he marry Sarah, you never finished their story. Alien of affection lawsuits do not work better shot at winning the lottery. What the boss Brett was married and exposed himself by charging John with battery.also was running for office so you lost that part of the story . He was married never heard what his wife. u left out that story .Maggie sued her firm but lawyers would have shot her down without proof and she would have been fired. A lot left out as you wrote this decent story.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
ok

was good until the lazy epilogue. "thirtys" really ur spell check didnt catch that. proof reading would catch a lot of those errors, probably even see how u could restructure some of ur sentences. its "thirties" btw just in case that wasn't an error

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Deal Breaker

Excellent story. 5 stars as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for the offering.

Cheaters cheat because they can and because they want to. Wife just didn't ever get it. Just because it meant nothing to her doesn't mean it didn't mean anything to her husband. Bit of advise, never say it meant nothing. For the husband it was a deal breaker.....period, end of conversation. The wife knew from the beginning of their relationship that the husband had a strong stand on exclusiveness or good ole faithfulness and fidelity. She loved him just didn't love him enough not to cheat in the first place. Her loss. Betrayal is one most never come back from.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story. Happy to have found your writing. ☆☆☆☆☆

Couple of nits to pick, but overall very well done.

I apologize in advance if I'm repeating things others have commented but at the moment the page summary shows 44 comments but I only see the first 5 and the most recent 5. Anyhow...

You will get criticism for using two voices in the same story and while I agree that it can be troublesome, IF it's well done I find it adds far more than it hurts. However, the little jumps and time slips to 3rd party conversations could use a little notifier. Maybe stick a "meanwhile ", "elsewhere ", or "later..." in when going from John and Maggie talking to the next line being Maggie and Becky or the boys talking to each other.

As to the nits: first it's ma'am not mam and second if your autocorrect won't let you use senor you can switch it out in casual speech with "jefe" meaning "boss" or "chief". Not sure how many Spanish-only speakers there are in Nassau though. It's been more than a few years but when I was there everyone spoke English albeit with an accent.

Glad I read this, I'll look into your other stories as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The problem is ...

The problem I have with these stories is that people make mistakes. Remember, if you are Christian you have to be very careful of the measure you apply to others will be applied to you. If you are not Christian, well you are screwed so it does not matter.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Yes! 5*****

Most stories here are like peanuts. Some are good, some are bad, and they don't last long, so you pick up another. This was a meal. I enjoyed it very much. There was real depth. Everything fit. Everything belonged. Thank you for a great read!

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Nice flow to the story with an excellent story line and developed characters. I suppose it Is okay for some people to have sex outside of marriage if it just didn’t mean anything. Oh what a tangled web one weaves. Thanks for sharing. A 5* from me.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago
Great story

Enjoyed this all the way through, good finish too.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 3 years ago

Early in the story the main character was an asshole not talking with his sons. Then he got around that. gave it 5 stars.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 3 years ago
Nice story

I enjoyed reading your story. It was well-written, the characters were well-defined, and the plot was interesting. This story is definitely above the average for Literotica. I agree with other readers the end felt kind of rushed a bit, but I think you were concerned with the total length of the story. However, since the end was predictable as per the plot, there is no real issue with rushing the end a bit. I gave you a deserved 5. Please keep writing and thanks for sharing the story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Alcoholic

Why as a writer did you fall into that cliche

DazzyDDazzyDover 3 years ago

Me, I like dark-headed women. I think Hermosa would have worked for me. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ending

Loved the story, thought it might keep going with more twists and turns. What about Jose’s sister in law? Thought there might be more to the story. I really enjoyed the read!

cybojicybojiover 3 years ago
Rewrite the ending

Was great until then. Common mistake. Great story . 5

robinhodrobinhodover 3 years ago
Well done indeed!

And welcome to LW, and all that goes with it.

I have to make some comment, (it's a compulsion), so here goes:

It did go on a bit. The Maggie character was too one-dimensional and her dialogue was repetitive and boring. Just like real life actually.

Anyway, I enjoyed it and you might even drag me into other genres, to read your other stuff. Thanks.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Well done. Yes a touch too wordy, and the wife was very cliched, but overall very good.

katranmankatranmanover 3 years ago

I liked it. The only thing it lacked was a better ending. It felt rushed and unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Poor baby!

Waah waah waah! After five pages of this self-pitying bullshit I gave up. Funny how one person can be sooooooo perfect. But is he really so perfect? No. Not if he's human. But boy does he have a high opinion of himself. Get real! He's just a self-pitying wimp wh has to have everything his own way or he'll take his ball and run away. He doesn't admit his role in destroying his family. Not him! No it's all her fault. She did it, she-devil that she is. Her biggest mistake was marrying someone who told her from the start he wouldn't forgive. That was dumb.

Next time you want to write more crap like this, just don't! One star is too much for this self-pitying drivel.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It never means anything. If it's that meaningless then why do it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
was going to give this 4*

But with Whackdoodle's inane comment, it became 5*. Good Job

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Loved it. Felt the emotions. Solid five star effort.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hard to understand . . .

How a "10" would ever be attracted to someone with as little self-confidence as the "hero". It's difficult to imagine she wouldn't drop him after all the "woe is me, you're going to find someone better" crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just a couple of notes

I enjoyed the story for the most part, but a couple of errors threw me off:

It's "Senor," not "Senior." (unless Jose was intentionally calling him, "Old John :)

When you go into the legal stuff, don't rely on other Loving Wives stories; for the most part, they don't portray law in any real way. Alienation of Affection lawsuits are generally really hard to prove (even in the handful of states that still allow them) as you usually have to show that the party being sued actively worked to interfere with the marriage (just having an affair often won't rise to that standard). Also, while Maggie definitely has standing and grounds for a sexual harrassment suit, and would most likely get a settlement (along with the other guy getting fired), John has absolutely no legal standing to bring a suit against Maggie's employers. Fraternization rules are there to keep the employees in line and to protect the company from harrassment claims. John may have tried a AoA lawsuit, but he would have an uphill battle to prove that the company was aware of the affair, did nothing about it, or actively promoted it.

Again, good story with a fairly realistic resolution. It's sad that Maggie failed to find any growth by the end, but sometimes people don't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Trust

Without trust in the one you love, you have nothing.

Good story, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4

Too wordy on the main story part, and too abbreviated an ending. You need a word compressor to compress the middle and stretch out the end.

furrycarl1956furrycarl1956over 3 years ago

Loved the story except for the rushed ending. Could have been a 5.

mattenw: your idiocy is showing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written

But I don't know how to vote until I understand how Maggie could risk her marriage after 30 years. It doesn't seem likely that Maggie would fall for her boss like described.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It really jumped around a lot. I think you would have been better off excluding some of the extraneous plots and hashing things out a little better from scene to scene. I also didn't think there was any reason to title the characters as you went from one to another. That's usually done when you are writing in first person and you jump from one point of view to another. When you're writing in third person there's no need for it.

Other than that, it was an entertaining story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
nice

well written.

The ending felt a bit quick.

But very well done overall.

It is indeed, as someone pointed out, sad when our system has no personal responsibility.

That the cheated on spouse pays in more ways then the emotional toll.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Well done

It was a good story and was well written. Maybe I've read too many stories on this site. but it did sound kind of familiar.

Rocky62Rocky62over 3 years ago

Good but the new gal is too young, maybe make her 35ish

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 3 years ago
5***** From Me

This story ranks high with me because I believe in marriage vows and justice, to much that are missing in our NOW society. I was raised to the beat of a different drummer so to speak where marriage vows were meant for life and handshakes sealed a deal. Cowboy justice and honor prevailed. I hate cheaters, I have seen first hand what can happen to families and friends. I was blessed with my life with my beloved wife of 44yrs. before the big "C" took her.

I also love stories that combine boating and sailing in particular. I have been sailing since I was 10yrs. old and still sail at 73 Yrs. I had a 30 ft. Newport that I named Wanderer after Sterling Hayden's big Schooner. That boat and I sailed to Hawaii singlehanded back in the early 80's. I started from Scappose Oregon. I was a liveaboard while going to school at OHSU to earn my BS as a Med Tech.

Now at 73 I have a 14ft. West Wight Potter that I trailer sail, its about all I can handle by myself in stepping the mast and launching for a nice day sail on a local lake or going to the Columbia River cruising for a few days. I have gunkholed around the San Juan Islands in Washington State and cruised the Snake River with my little boat. On a trip to Calif. I sailed my 14ft. WWP from Long Beach to Calalina Island about 29 mile from mainland.

Sorry about the ramble I just like stories that bring back great memories. Thank you Just_John1 for the memories and a very good story.

MrSpoojerMrSpoojerover 3 years ago
Great Story

Seems like there's more that could be said or continued, loved all the same. Very good work

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 3 years ago
Great story

I enjoyed it immensely. I got the feeling that the judge didn't like the attorney (Pumper) very well so went easy on John. Hence the smile. FIVE*****

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Minor point

But if he was in.nassau he wouldn't be dealing with spanish speaking people, they would have been black. It would of worked in puerto rico or the Dominican republic,though (and it is Señor,not senior). The ending wasn't great and he never does find out why she did it,all she could say was I don't know,yet the story says she does know why,she resented John being away and she felt like he abandoned her and decided she deserved to have fun,but she couldn't admit that to John,the same way she couldn't tell Tim the truth, it was all about her. Maybe if she could tell him why, without blaming him,John could even think of trying to reconcile,bit she couldn't

Sarah was too young in the story,she says she was married 20 yrs, which means the youngest age could be is 38, and likely she is in her 40s.

I agree with others the end wasn't great,after all the drama with the storm, it kind of fizzled to a conclusion.

As far as John being convicted of assault in a case like this w the extenuating circumstances it is unlikely they would throw the book at him,among other things by pleading guilty he saved them a lot of effort,if this went to trial it is likely they would get a hung jury at best, some jurors would not want to put him in jail for this. Again Maggie shows she isn't very loyal,she could of testified that Pumper taunted John and threatened him, which would have been mitigating circumstances.

69gman69gmanover 3 years ago
So glad you finally wrote a Loving Wives story +5

You really did exactly what the story description was JJ1. First story of yours that I have read, but it will not be the last. In fact I probably will read them all. You are a great story teller. Hope you have time to add a few more. Thanks you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It's not really a BTB story, but I enjoyed it all the same.

It was a clean healthy break story. He did punch her lover, but that guy was on HIS BED, with HIS WIFE. If that's all he did, he's a saint.

She was toxic because she never got around to admitting how horrible her adultery was. She was always hoping to hide it. She wanted to treat her husband like a rug or a closet that she could dump and hide all her toxic behavior under. She did not like thinking about it, so she didn't. Just like why she cheated. Did it because she could. I doubt she'll ever admit it, or want to because it sounds so entitled and petty.

Maggie had to start by quitting her company, and then admitting her affair to her family. That would have been the EASIEST step towards forgiveness. But she failed to do even that. Maggie strikes me as someone that wants others to do the hard work for her. She had others harass him even while dating. And she talks a lot. Talking is good and all, but actions speak louder. And all she had was a lot of talking and avoidance. Who would want to marry someone like that?

"It didn't mean anything to me" Everyone told Maggie how much it meant to him. All she can say to that is 'sorry'. She lacks basic empathy AND sympathy. She can only relate to others by how she feels. Her apology has more to do with her feelings of being made to be lonely and regretting that, than putting herself in the emotional state of others. I wont say she has some mental disorder, she could just be immature. Why bother learning empathy and sympathy when life is easy, and people keep telling you how pretty or amazing you are?

smithbill1970smithbill1970over 3 years ago

If the 1 star went thru sorry, I hate how sensitive the voting buttons are now. Was just trying to scroll. Good story, the budup was great, would have liked for the ending to not seem so rushed.

danbo56danbo56over 3 years ago
loved it

easily more than 5 stars but i think there is a lot more life in this story yet here hoping you are going to do a follow up to this story waiting with eager anticipation absolutely love this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lot of loose ends

This seems like the rough draft of a much longer story

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Nice.

I like this kind of stories.

The running away kind.

Not running away from your problems.

Most of us know you can't do that.

No, more like you're in a burning building

and got to get out of it.

This story delt with such a burning building.

In the form of a burning marriage.

It was well written and avoided well

the drop in flow plots like this one

are in danger of.

Well done JJ1!

The story does have flaws though.

It got repetitive a few times

in dialogue.

Not a big flaw,

but an irritating one.

It doesn't stop me though,

from giving this story my top ratings.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Agree with TSG, disagree with HDK

I would, like TSG have given this story more than 5, also think the story length was about right to give the background and development to the story...sorry HDK. (As for Whackdoodle's comment...let me catch you with my wife and you won't be worried about being hit 3 times as a 'defenceless man' ..I'll be courteous enough to call the Coroner!). Good entertaining tale, thank you for your work.

JackallsJackallsover 3 years ago
Plain

And predictable. Well written but far too long. NOthing new in this story, no unexpected twist. Actually it is quite a boring story. Hence my two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Way too long, this was at most a 4 page story.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
come people don't be mad at cuckadoodle

he hates any male that seems manly in his eyes.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 3 years ago
5* from me

Great story, loved every bit of it. Couldn’t put it down!

rnebularrnebularover 3 years ago
Very good story

Overall I liked this a lot. My only gripe is that Maggie was almost a cutout character, with almost no personality at all. Every time she is in focus, we only get tears and excuses, and a glimpse of her not thinking she did any wrong. It would have been so much better if she had been more well rounded, more human. Her conversations with her kids are about the only time we get real dialog out of her. 5* anyway, thanks for sharing.

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Nicely done even if the end was more than a bit rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story.

Still would have liked to hear Maggie get to why. It doesn't ever just happen the first time without drugs or too much alcohol, and then it's rape.

ranec1ranec1over 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
holy fuck

well. you killed my boner. but you are a hell of a writer. loved the story, i assume that parts are probably from life lived. i empathize with your pain and hope you have moved on. five stars. keep writing!

BillandKateBillandKateover 3 years ago

Sorry but I can't stand John. Thirty (yes - 30) years ago she was caught walking arm-in-arm with a guy. And all these years later he's holding over her head? Sure, fucking her boss in their bed is traumatic, and I like he beat the shit out of the asshole, but then he takes off like a wimp. And what's with him still considering himself a '5' after thirty years living with a '10'? Hasn't he figured it out by now why a great looking woman is still with him? Why not have a big 'L' tattooed on your forehead? As a guy who married above his pay grade, I learned long ago that you never let her forget how lucky she is to have you.

And if Maggie had half a brain cell, she would have tried to figure out 'why' after the first time John asked her and given him a reason it happened.

Well written, but with very flawed characters (except Sarah, I liked her).

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 3 years ago

4 Stars! It was a really good story, but had too many proofreading errors to earn a 5.

Keep up the good work! cd

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

Great writing, was an enjoyable read.

I would've liked to see a bit more development between Sarah and John, make it a bit more romantic.

Epilogue was a bit weird, not sure why Maggie was in Nassau. John is unlikely to have invited her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very formulaic

Wife is a selfish fool, who cheats for reasons that are never explained. Hubby is a sex god that all the women want to be with and can do no wrong, including how to take care of boats during a storm more professionally than people that work at the docks in this area of the world that encounter many tropical storms.

Every character apart from John are paper thin with no development and of course John dumps his stunning wife and ends up with a younger, equally beautiful model.

Not a terrible story, just meh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
overwritten

Too much repetition. Reliving feelings over and over and then over once more gets annoying, especially when folks decide that it should seem like the first time said wasn't enough, only every time a little gets changed to make the original seem moot.

Smokepole

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 3 years ago

Good story weak ending. It was like you got bored with the story at times. 4*

ZetaZilchZetaZilchover 3 years ago
Wrong Category

It was like a breath of fresh air to read "it was just once, it didn't mean anything" in a negative sense like the vanilla crowd would take it. Maybe I have read the raunchier Loving Wives stories but I think this type of story s/b in the Romance category. IDK

redbaron172redbaron172over 3 years ago

Great story, end was a bit abrupt. maybe you could work Sarah in on a 2nd chapter. I've been thru a similar situation with a similar ending. Very good story though, enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

Loved this one,

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous