Your Voice Chases Away The Sanity

Story Info
Kalaya is a badass but can she ever have a vanilla life?
1.4k words
3.88
3.6k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1

Kalaya heard the door slam shut and knew her play toy for the night was gone. The evening went as planned, and she got exactly what she wanted. She had come to the club with some friends, acquaintances really, they were just a few women from around her apartment complex. She was looking for a good lay, someone to ease the ache in between her thighs.

She was relieved more than anything that he was gone. He couldn't take the kind of love she dished out. None of them ever could. She liked guys who were on the smaller side, closer to her size. She found that she was able to overpower them more than the bigger ones. Everything was about control. She needed it. It was her drug, it allowed her to survive.

She heaved a groan and got out of bed. Her stomach grumbled reminding her that her of the empty cabinets which should have held food. She only shopped for food by the day because she never knew when she wouldn't be coming back home. Her life was in jeopardy daily and she didn't' know when she would cross the wrong person and have people retaliate against her.

It was only fair that she kept only the bare minimum, so when the day came that she ended up dead the person cleaning away her things wouldn't have a hard time with the task.

She stepped in the shower to wash away the remittance of her latest disappointment and let the icy water shock her body and reverse her focus. Bedding a man wasn't where her head needed to be. It's not like she would ever find the kind of man that could handle her cruel ways. She hated sex. Well, at least the normal kind. Her history didn't allow her the satisfaction of vanilla sex.

The frigid water put things back into perspective and she was able to finish up and slip on some clothes. While leaving the apartment and heading to the elevator she noticed a sign posted on them.

Out of service

Great. Eight flights of stairs to go down and to come back up when she returns. These apartments were a joke. Sure, the square footage of the units where huge and the neighborhood was decent enough, but nothing ever worked. Either it was the elevator not working or the washroom out of commission. It was always something.

When she got to the lobby it was empty, as usual, and she went out the double doors to exit the building. Luckily, her car was park fairly close to the structure, so she didn't have to search for it. It was quite often that she would lose her car in the vast number of vehicles in the parking lot.

The drive to the grocery store was short, being only five minutes from the apartments. She was always on autopilot when going to the store. It was where she mostly found her work.

Going down her usual aisles she picked out what she always got. Chips, cookies, nuts, instant this and instant that. She wasn't much for cooking and never would be. It was a wonder she was able to keep the slim yet curvy figure she was blessed with.

When she got to the candy aisle there was a little boy and his father. It was going on three in the morning, so it was a tad bit strange to see a child out at this time. The boy reached for a bag of candy and the man held his arm in a tight grip stopping the action.

The father glanced her way quickly and then back to the boy as he whispered something in his ear. With a whimper, the small child studied his shoes and never looked back up as she passed on by. She could practically smell fear coming off in waves from his small frail body.

Her fists clenched on the cart she was pushing as she continued on with her shopping trip. After finishing the rest of her shopping and paying, she left and placed the items in her back seat of her car. She hated putting foods in the trunk, she never knew when she would really need it for other proposes; like transporting a body.

She sat there in the parking lot for a moment waiting for the son and father come out. As they exited the store the man had a firm grip on the boy's shoulder steering him in the direction he wanted. Once in the car, they pulled out into the street, heading home, having no idea that they were being followed.

Kalaya watched as the father got out of his car and open the back door for his son to get out. The man only had one bag in his hand from the store and it was clearly the bag of candy.

Who goes to the store in the middle of the night to only purchase a bag of candy?

As the duo walked around the car and to the front door Kalaya could see all the signs. The man walked extremely close to the child and the boy's shoulders looked slumped in defeat. The moment they entered the house and closed the door Kalaya was out of her car making her way to the modest home.

There were marigolds and daffodils in the garden bed and there was a tire swing hanging on a huge oak tree. The only thing missing was the white picket fence. How unpretentious.

Kalaya observed the house. Lights had been turned on and she could see faint shadows through the window. She tiptoed her way to the side of the house and jumped the fence leading to the backyard. She picked the room farthest to the back knowing that with the noise she was about to make would cause the man to check each room before making it to the room she'd entered.

With as much force as she could mustard, her elbow rammed into the window breaking it in only a few huge chunks instead of shattering it. They dropped to the carpeted floor not making much noise and she swiftly made it into the house, avoiding any shards of glass. Even though the noise wasn't much it was still enough to alert the father into investigating it, per her plan.

Kalaya could hear movement from the other room and knew it would only be moments before she was discovered. When she did things like this there was a rule implemented to never bring in any foreign objects. Use nothing that belonged to her. Get the job done with objects found only in the resident.

There wasn't much in the room, to begin with. It was dark, but it seemed to be an office. A desk, chair, and a computer were all that occupied the room. Kalaya shook her head. It wasn't much but she had done a lot more with even less. A few pictures on the wall and a few toys on the floor. She would figure it out. As the footsteps came closer to where she was Kalaya grabbed the chair from the desk and pushed it into to doorway just as the father came rushing in.

His mind didn't even register the chair as he reached for the light switch and tumbled over the object, crashing to the floor. The fall was anything but graceful. Kalaya stood over him as he groaned, trying to get his bearings. His eyes were full of shock and puzzlement right before Kalaya gave him a swift kick to temple with her combat boot, knocking him out cold.

The young child was her next task. Heading down the hallway she found him sitting obediently on the couch in the front of the house. Even with his head bowed she could still see the tears streaming down his face. She made a rush for him.

"Shush it's okay, you're going to be okay" she cooed.

He stiffened instantly but Kalaya held him close to her body. She didn't need him identifying her even though she was his rescuer.

"Just listen to my voice," she said tightening her grip. He stilled, taking in deep breathes.

"I want you to go to your room and stay there until I come to get you. You're safe now, you won't have to stay here much longer. Is that okay with you?" she asked.

She could feel the boy nodding against her hands and released him. He rushed off into his room and closed the door, not giving her a second glance. She wasn't worried about his actions, she knew he would be too afraid to cause her any trouble. Once she was done, she would call the police and they would find him.