All Comments on 'You're Gay?'

by IWroteThis

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

She really was a slut!

5

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 2 months ago

Enjoyed it! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 2 months ago

Great stuff !! Thanks.

DanDraperDanDraperabout 2 months ago

One thing I don't get. By keeping all those receipts going back 20 years, he knew his kids weren't his and yet he stayed with her all this time just waiting for the right moment for his revenge, all the while letting his wife fuck another guy behind his back. I understand he's pissed off, but I don't think anybody would stay in a marriage like that for all those years just for the right moment to get revenge.

demanderdemanderabout 2 months ago

Nice twist. Maybe too much to have the twins be Owen's. D

jocko_smithjocko_smithabout 2 months ago

Good twist on the basic cheating wife story, and well written, thank you.

rutherford366rutherford366about 2 months ago

I agree with Demander, I did not like that the kids weren't Jerry's. Sure, they still consider Jerry to be their father, but it went a little too far.

ttt59ttt59about 2 months ago

Gotta love a stupid cheating skank slut and piece of shit lover getting burned to a crisp! Well done!

dob092095dob092095about 2 months ago

Obvious mistake I think. The children are not his but they just left for college? Affairs been going on 18ish years unless kids are prodigies. Till then I thought the affair was only 4 years or so.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

Ending was weak but otherwise I enjoyed the read. The twins not being his was a surprise, but everything else was pretty straight forward. 3.9*

IWroteThisIWroteThisabout 2 months agoAuthor

@DanDraper - If you itemize your taxes, you're supposed to keep all of your receipts for however long it is that they can audit a previous return. It shouldn't be that hard to believe that he just shoved the new box in storage each year and never got around to clearing out the old boxes they no longer needed to retain. Also, maybe they just kept that receipt as a souvenir from their first pregnancy and it was tucked into one of the kids' baby books that he pulled out and cried over when he realized they weren't his kids.

TL;DR -> You're reading way too much into a throw away line I put in for a chuckle.

-

@demander and @rutherford366 - The story doesn't work if the kids aren't Owen's. If they are his, sure he still could have given them all of the money, but then he ends up poor just like his ex-wife. This way, he was able to sue Owen and get his half of the marital assets back.

-

@dob092095 - He found out about the affair just over a month before where the story starts. I later explained how she had gotten away with it for so long by having her lament the loss of overtime pay that ensured her paycheck matched her extra time in Owen's office. I intentionally did not say when he discovered that the kids were not his nor how long the affair had been going on. I tried not to give much away early, so I did things like that and letting the wife think he was gay for three years.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 months ago

Fun read, but the asshat was never told the kids were his. In most states, the name on the birth certificate becomes the father, regardless of who donated the sperm. Maybe a friendly jury might award him some damages, so worth a try at least. Of course, the wife's employer would never give Jerry a dime, and getting asshat fired/divorced would make it more difficult to collect any cash from the wife's lover. Still an interesting storyline. Thanks for sharing.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed the story. The biggest surprise to me was the affair had lasted 20 years. Quite a feat. I guess it was not until close to her discussion in bed wondering why Jerry did not initiate sex that Owen was pushing her to not have sex. That would be after the affair had ran some 15 years (estimating ages of the kids).

It would have been better to say Owen never liked her having sex often with Jerry or something because it took away his fun (Owen refused sloppy seconds).

IWroteThisIWroteThisabout 2 months agoAuthor

@Regguy69 - Too many people confuse the odds of winning the lawsuit with the company's concern about PR and "making it go away." Depending on the company's line of business, the impact of a scandal like that could be devastating. Imagine a CPA firm getting caught cooking the books to pay for the boss's whore. There are a lot of scenarios like this where it's cheaper and safer to pay them off in exchange for an NDA than to win after airing their dirty laundry in open court.

-

@Gamblnluck - By keeping it strictly within the workplace environment and making sure her time sheet matched her hours, there wouldn't be that many tip offs. As time goes on, people get more comfortable, so I find it easy to believe that Owen would gradually get arrogant to the point of wanting exclusivity from her and her becoming so overconfident that she agrees. It's also not surprising (to me) that this would be around the same point in time when Jerry caught on to the affair.

BrantasBrantasabout 2 months ago

It's refreshing to see a story from a cheater's POV that doesn't include paragraphs of internal rationalization and is straight to the point. I hope to see more with different levels of burn.

I don't understand the need to sue the company as it is a double-edged sword. Jerry also had a romance with his PA and there would be no difference that there was an understanding between spouses as the suit refers to the company's policy so Pamela had a reason to sue them as well.

Another issue is with „Who the fuck saves the receipts from a Lamaze class for 20 years?” The couple had to move at least once due to the divorce so cleaning a house had to be done. This shows another example of predetermined action from Jerry and would probably lead to the argument that he was aware of it for many years. It could be argued from a defensive lawyer that if he didn't act earlier then he was ok with it.

Even with those issues that are rather crucial to the plot, the story runs smoothly with distinct time skips and I am waiting for more with a similar perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Clever twist on an old theme

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I didn’t vote as I haven’t read the story yet, but I just had to point out that it means nothing if you “have your cake and eat it too” as anyone can do that. The expression only becomes meaningful if ordered properly. The correct saying is “eating your cake and having it too.” In other words having it both ways, which is impossible.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 2 months ago

Nice variation on a familiar theme.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 months ago

This was quite funny.

Well done @IWroteThis.

Your story managed to give me some chuckles today.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 months ago

3 stars - Yes, I realize that the 'pickin's' are getting slimmer for reasonable ideas in the LW category, but do we really need to stoop so low as to suggest a husband might be gay to justify infidelity?

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 2 months ago

Yes, I did enjoy the story. But it's a bit of a stretch that the wife didn't know the fact that Jerry's PA was a woman and not a man! That Donald was the receptionist, not his PA. Even if that situation was only for just over 3 years.

Also, that the affair with Owen had been going on for around 20 years! That he had fathered the twins... and dumbo Jerry had no idea at all about any of it. Really?

In addition, which University did the twins go to that cost so much? Harvard? Most of their savings, a sizable chunk of the house value accumulated over 20 years and also Jerry's share of the business, accumulated over 17 years! It's all a tad ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Hey, I think I read this one… hundred times before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The legal matters are farcical. What’s his cause of action to get back child support. Owen didn’t defraud him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

You can't challenge paternity after a certain period of time, I think it's something like two years. After that, you're tacitly acknowledging paternity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It started out as an entertaining read. But then it jumped the shark and just got stupid. 2*

Tomh1966Tomh1966about 2 months ago

IRS rules for audit are 7 years last I heard.

Overall enjoyable. A bit plastic and predicable. Of course I have never made a mistake, wrote a plastic character, or wrote a predicable line. Yeah, I know. Bullshit.

Keep writing. I do enjoy your stories overall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

That took long term patience and a big can of Whoop-ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It would be significantly less effort to just kill his traitor slut wife, and her man whore boss. Lots of ways to do it, and not even be suspected. Set it up as an “accident”, and the life insurance pays out double. Nothing lost in a divorce, no attorney fees, and he ends up with more money, not less!

/

Then, after a few months of “grieving”, he marries his personal assistant who has been so supportive during such a difficult time. Everyone approves, and is happy for them. They have their 4 children together.

/

The evil ones are in their spiritual prison, watching the joyful lives of those they betrayed. An eternity of envy and despair awaits!

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Obviously, the (ex)husband was capable of long term planning. The ex-wife didn't feel enough pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

“Also, they seem more interested in me than you have been in a while."

.

It was only after finishing the story that I remembered this quote from Jerry when he revealed his relationship with his PA 😎. Yeah….very clever using “they”to refer to his PA instead of “he” or “she” 🤗

.

Don’t really understand how the twins “stayed close” to their slut Mom though. And those education trusts: proceeds from selling his business plus the savings plus a second mortgage on the house? Wow…..

.

Nice burn, however. Would have been better if we had learned how his and her parents reacted.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

cute story but what I am missing is how he found out about the affair after she was careful for so ling. I mean over 20 years (if you count the pregnancy and maybe before) yet it was only the last 3 he knew of.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 months ago

Both characters don't care about their relationship. Nothing for a reader to become invested in.

Bham487Bham487about 2 months ago

Cute. Not great. Gave me a little chuckle.

AardieAardieabout 2 months ago

Wow, she was fucking her boss for 17 years before he found out and she was relieved to not have to have sex with him anymore. Maybe the relief was more that she thought he was gay and she wasn't losing her appeal. You have to wonder if she knew the kids weren't his. She had to have known it was possible. What a bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

If he gets the money back from child support and especially the education funds she can sue for half as was during marital time.

mndhanson017mndhanson017about 2 months ago

Of course, the husband wouldn't care about their relationship, his children were not his and she continued on her affair, so why should he care, Dry_opinion?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Yeah, OK, the good guy won. I guess? This was a little (or a lot) too ‘cutesy’ for me.

IWroteThisIWroteThisabout 2 months agoAuthor

"I don't understand the need to sue the company as it is a double-edged sword." - @Brantas

-

First, they work for different companies that presumably have somewhat different policies.

Second, she explicitly approved his relationship prior to it becoming physical, so she can't really claim damages from it like he can from hers.

---

"do we really need to stoop so low as to suggest a husband might be gay to justify infidelity?" - nixrox

-

I knew some folks wouldn't be able to see past the word gay, which is why I spoiled the twist by putting "not actually gay" as a tag. I'm still surprised that I haven't gotten any "Wrong category. This is Gay Male." comments yet.

Now, back to your comment, I would point out that she had obviously justified her affair to herself long before she got the wrong idea about his sexual orientation, as it was her affair being discovered that led to that misconception.

---

@LenardSpencer - Well, he set it up before they decided on a college, so he probably overestimated. Heck, he may have even done so deliberately. ;-) Also, property values for virtually identical houses varies dramatically based upon location, even within the same town. If I was to move back to my hometown, I could buy a bigger and nicer house than where I'm living now, for less than I pay each year in rent. As for his share of the company, I never said how big of a share or how valuable of a company...

---

"Hey, I think I read this one… hundred times before." - Anonymous

-

Well, damn, I thought this was a new twist as I can't recall a single story where the wife pre-approved her husband's affair because she thought he was gay.

---

"What’s his cause of action to get back child support." - Anonymous

-

Um, maybe the fact that Owen's the biological father rather than him? Granted, some states only care about what's printed on the birth certificate, but some states actually pretend to care about fairness.

---

@sbrooks103x - Paternity laws vary widely from state to state. In fact, I was just watching a news story, from either Michigan or Wisconsin I believe, where the state looks at the financial status of the ex-husband and the biological father, then levies child support against whichever one is most capable of providing for the child. I think that's crazy!

---

Yeah….very clever using “they”to refer to his PA instead of “he” or “she” - Anonymous

-

Thank you! I tweaked that line quite a few times to make it sound right without giving anything away.

---

"I am missing is how he found out about the affair after she was careful for so ling." - Anonymous

-

Does it really matter? It didn't to Pam. By the time it was revealed that he had known about her affair rather than being gay, she had bigger issues to worry about.

The main reason for writing from the wife's perspective is that the story line doesn't work if told from the husband's perspective. He knows he's not gay. He has no clue for most of the story that she thinks he's gay. So, if I told it from his perspective to get all of the gritty details like how he found out she was cheating, when he found out the kids weren't his, etc I'd have to give up almost the entire premise, which is what made me want to write their story to begin with.

---

"If he gets the money back from child support and especially the education funds she can sue for half as was during marital time." - Anonymous

-

He only sued for his half of the money, not all of it.

SystemShockSystemShockabout 2 months ago

I know the good guy "won" here, at least as much as was possible in such a scenario, but I still feel like the wife got off light. Even if he was getting his own in the last 3 years, this woman effectively stole 20 years of his life and came out the other end smelling like roses. Aw, she lost out on some money and she's a bit lonely in her one bedroom apartment? So what?

She's still attractive enough to pull regular dates, her kids still love her, she still works at the same place like nothing happened, her ex still tolerates her existence; what did she actually lose here? A husband she clearly didn't care much about, a shitty little weasel of a lover and some fraudulent overtime pay? Nah, you went out of your way to make a villain and did nothing with it. This bitch needed to be torched, but she barely even got sunburn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Another nice story and particularly pleasing is the part in which the protagonist gets to have his actual own children.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Interesting twist with the educational funds.

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 2 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a good read.

rnebularrnebularabout 1 month ago

I was with it until the timeline lost it's way. First she had an affair for three years that he knew about, then it turned into a 17 year affair? The details were a little light in her narrative but she also made ut seem like it was a recently started affair, not over a decade long. Other than that odd twist of time, a good effort. Thanks.

IWroteThisIWroteThisabout 1 month agoAuthor

@rnebular - I was intentionally vague at the start on how long the affair had been going on. I didn't want to give away the knife twist at the end. However, I thought I made it clear that it wasn't something new. The narration included phrases like "long before that" and "after all this time" that I thought made it clear that the affair had been going on for a while.

I will endeavor to be more clear when obfuscating things in future stories!

26thNC26thNCabout 1 month ago

That is one seriously dumb woman. He had his own thing going and won’t miss the cheating bitch even a little bit.

drbenchpress66drbenchpress66about 1 month ago

Ehh I think you’re supposed to kind of assume she’s leaving stuff out in her own thoughts/internal dialogues as a way of minimizing what a fkin terrible human she is. No seriously though I feel like that’s pretty common and it’s not a timeline thing??

shadrachtshadrachtabout 1 month ago

I like this one because we're not trapped in the cheated upon's anguish and pain. It's already been resolved when we open the curtain, and the cheated upon has plans and the upper hand throughout. Sill, there's a bit too much in summary, but it's still a well told story. 4*

SorchakSorchakabout 1 month ago

What fucking moron has FOUR more kids with his second wife at the age of 42?!?

bacchant2bacchant227 days ago

Love the different approach.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Would have been fun if Helen was Owen’s wife

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIWroteThis@IWroteThis
I'm a long time reader and long time writer who finally worked up the nerve to share some of the "naughty" creations that I've never let anybody else read.