All Comments on 'Yrba's Travels Pt. 12'

by PaulGerard

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
MrOzymandMrOzymandover 13 years ago
Just wanted to reiterate my comments from another site.

I had not known you posted your works here as well, PaulGerard. I am glad you are as your writing will get additional exposure here (as it should rightfully deserve). The balance of whimsy, seriousness, and erotica in this yarn you have spun is well balanced, never deviating too far into one area yet leading to the story to be bland or banal. The characters are well fleshed out (pun intended!) and does allow for the reader to latch on and be engaged on a deeper, sympathetic level than what is typically afforded to erotica.

As you state clearly in your introduction, this isn't for everybody. But, that's something left up to the reader to decide. Having the ability to tell a great story and supplement it with erotic content goes a long way to get that reader hooked, and perhaps expand a few horizons (yep, yet another pun.. ain't BE grand? :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

excellent, dont stop

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow

Awesome read. Great story. Ty for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Thank you for a great read, I really enjoyed it thoroughly. I've had trouble drawing of late and thanks to this excellent tale I now have a few doodles planned, thanks for the inspiration to pick up my pencil again. (Oh dear double entendre XD)

QA

unknownwisdomunknownwisdomalmost 13 years ago

loved the story i enjoy BE but it is not one of my centrals but this does it justice

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Great read! I really enjoyed the whole series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
*Yawn*

Must get some sleep, been up reading the whole thing, but really enjoyed the whole series, Connie's Weed too. Not a huge fan of BE but would love to read some PE too. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wow

Ive read this entire story from beginning to end over the last few weeks. I was hooked on it from the very beginning. Make no mistake, im no be fan but this was amazing! I'd have to say that this is the second best story series ive ever read (only topped by shadowninja's Blazing Glory). I would love to see you do something like this again. My only problems with this were 1. The magic was rather limited in practicality (great explanation of why only certian people can use it btw). And 2. A lack of variety in your races.

All in all, one of my best reads.

To anyone looking for other great reads, look up blazing glory and Danielle and the Dragon. ( danielle and the dragon is a very lengthy single story that does not have much wanking material in it. It is much more of a novel and it would be good to approach it like one. You cant find it here so just do a google search for it. Plan on spending at least 3 hours on it, its just that long. Its an incredibly detailed And enchanting read. (but dont read it if youre repulsed by reptiles)... Fool

PaulGerardPaulGerardalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks for your comments!

Hi there, author piping up once in a while.

Thank you for your comments. Writing all this stuff takes a lot of time and effort, and I'm very grateful for anyone who can be bothered to voice their opinions on what I've created. If it weren't for you, I guess I'd have stopped writing years ago.

Re: the lack of races (in the fantasy fare sense) -- the Altaerna world where most of my stories take place is a rather close mirror of Earth (save for the magic and the aliens and the careless fornication, of course), and I don't plan to fill its basic premise with all kinds of creatures stemming from classical fantasy lore. I might come up with a different world framework where I can let diversity of skin or scales or wings or fins run rampant. Maybe some time in the future when I'm done fleshing out all the doodles and sketches around the Altaerna timeline that you haven't read yet. No promises, though.

Again, thanks for each and every comment.

--Paul

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thanks

Didn't get much sleep but it was worth it thank you :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
nice

Dude awesome. I love B.E. nice job man

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

You are REALLY good at this, you know that?

TrogCPWSTrogCPWSover 10 years ago
You know what I think

I've said it before I'll say it again. You nailed this one my friend.

This has to be the single most epic and goddamn weird fantasy I've ever read.

The story was laughably odd, characters odder still and yet the whole thing just slotted into place. Congratulations for entertaining me and holding my attention so long.

I hope to receive as good a response for my stories as you clearly deserve for this.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A great adventure

This had been one of the best series I've ever read. Well thought out plot and characters. Great work, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent

What an usual intricate story I enjoyed it immensely kr Freezers

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Strange...

Hi, I just finished reading the whole story.

What a wonderful mixture of adventure and silliness. The characters were interesting and, well, believable.

And the language used was truly beautiful. I've read stories by native english speakers that were much duller in their vocabulary. Well done.

jackryan10jackryan10about 6 years ago
Wow

Hi Paul

i am about to commence on the embarking of this epic tale .

1 i love sexual fiction in the sword and sorcery fantasy genre -the more massive the better

2 you have solid talent paul you should write more and more and explore the sexfight genre and more of the sexual magic genre

3 i am going to throughly enjoy this although i dont follow the BE genre but i am sure after the completion of the 12th chapter i will

pls write more

Regards

Jack

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous