The Girl From Hong Kong

Story Info
A Chinese ingenue leaving home for the first time.
10.9k words
3.86
39.3k
23
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
G-String
G-String
52 Followers

"Hi, Cynthia!"

"Uh... Hi?"

I looked uncertainly at the guy standing behind me in the bus queue just across the university campus. Did I know him?

"I'm Richard. You do remember me, don't you? We met at Gabby's party."

"Oh, yes. Yes, of course!"

Well, I recalled the party two nights ago but not Richard. The only new face I remembered that night was a handsome Chinese guy, like me who came from Hong Kong. But I guessed that Chinese guy must be Gabby's boyfriend for I stumbled on them, cuddling and kissing in the kitchen right after the party. Ugh, fancied a gwei-mui (western girl)! I bet that I looked more attractive than Gabby, except for her big bosom. Shame on you!

I was about two weeks into my first university term and there seemed to be a disco here or a wine party there practically every night. It was getting rather tiresome and I hoped that would stop soon.

It was my first time away from home. I must admit that gweilo (westerners) all tended to look very much alike to me at the time. In any case, it would take just one little zip of wine to turn my head woozy. So, I shouldn't blame myself too much for not remembering Richard.

Looking at him, he was not particularly handsome but was very tall. I guessed that he must be about 6', towering over my, well, almost 5'4" frame. He had a head of short dark curls. But it was his long eyelashes that caught my attention, so long that would make girls jealous. And his eyes were so blue.

Suddenly, I realized that he was waving a hand in front of my eyes, bringing me round from my daydream.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. It's been a hectic day..."

The bus came and he sat beside me, a bit too close for my comfort. During the 15 minutes trip, I told him the story about coming from a co-ed school in Hong Kong and how I found this university. The same story that I must have told everyone I met here in England. When my stop came, I tried a polite goodbye but he said he was getting off too. There was no use seeking refuge in the grocery store because he was buying something there as well.

"It looks very heavy. Let me carry it for you, Cynthia."

Before I could decline he already grabbed the brown paper bag.

Awkwardly, we headed back to my student house. At the kitchen backdoor, I tried a polite goodbye a second time and it worked. He waved cheerfully, turned and headed for his hall of residents that was some 15-20 minutes walk away.

"Cynthia, is that your boyfriend?" Jane, my roommate asked as she peered out of the kitchen window.

"Of course not." I replied.

"Why not? He's very cute."

"If you say so. You want me to introduce you?"

Jane took another look at the departing Richard, grinned but shook her head.

It was a quiet and relaxing weekend, no disco or party. Rested and feeling refreshed, I went to the bus stop early on Monday morning but was surprised to see Richard there. His hall of residence was two stops down the other way. I hesitated whether I should turn and come back for the next bus but he saw me and waved.

"Morning, Cynthia."

"Hi."

"You're so early?"

"Yeah. And you? More shopping?" I said coldly.

The shops were not open yet. For some reasons, I suspected that he was waiting for me. So, I was just being my sarcastic self.

"No, actually I was waiting for you." He said while and then he pulled a silly grin.

I could think of no glib remark and my face just turned crimson. Luckily, the bus came. During the journey, he kept chatting cheerfully, if only one-sidedly, but I wasn't listening. Was he really trying to chat me up?

"See you." He said when we got off at the campus.

I nodded coldly but uttered under my breath, "I hope not."

However, I couldn't concentrate on my lectures the whole morning as I kept thinking about Richard. Well, I must admit that he was kind of cute. But was he really interested in me? I mean I wasn't unattractive but with all those tall and voluptuous gwei-mui around and Richard chose me? No, that couldn't be possible. In any case, I wouldn't want a gwei-chai (western boy) for a boyfriend. I could do without gossips from among the Chinese community in the university. Yet, I was suddenly confused.

That afternoon, I checked the coast was clear before slipping behind the bus queue. Richard wasn't there and the trip suddenly turned boring. The next morning, Richard wasn't at the bus stop either. I didn't know why but I kind of felt disappointed. Perhaps, I was so rude to him that I had driven him away. Otherwise, I was just imagining things. In any case, that was not an issue any more.

The following day at lunch, I was going through my lecture notes half-heartedly as I ate a plate of soggy rice with cubed beef in thick gravy at the canteen. People there just didn't know how to cook rice properly.

"Hi Cynthia, is that seat taken?"

I looked up and there was Richard holding his lunch tray with both hands, with a big box-file under his right arm. I didn't know why but suddenly I felt so flustered.

"Yes, uh... No, no Richard." Hurriedly, I tidied my notes to make room for him to sit beside me.

He set down his tray but dropped his file onto the floor with a loud bang.

"Shit!" He muttered but added quickly, "Excuse my French."

I knew that rude word, but why French? The British could be so puzzling. Then he was grinning almost childishly while flashing me his long eyelashes and sparkling blue eyes. My heart was suddenly thumping and my cheeks were heating up. What was wrong with me?

He chatted cheerfully away and I tried a little conversation. Was I merely trying to be polite or was I thinking of something else, making amends perhaps? Time flew and suddenly I had to leave for my lecture.

"Cynthia?"

"Yes, Richard?"

"There's a party at my hall this evening. It's Phil's, a third year guy's 21st birthday. Would you be interested? It's nothing fancy, just some wine and cheese..."

I didn't need to invent an excuse to say no as I had had enough of parties already. Therefore, it came as a real surprise to me, and probably to Richard, when I heard myself said, "Sure."

Suddenly he was smiling radiantly.

"Then, shall I..."

"Hey, I'm getting late for my lecture but shall we meet later at the bus?" I scribbled my mobile phone number on his notepad and hurried away.

"Yes, see you there." He said behind me.

I was so confused that whole afternoon. I thought I hated those wine parties. Then why did I accept the invitation? What was wrong with me?

I became so flustered again when I met him at the bus stop.

"Uh, Richard. I mean... uh, what shall I get for the party?"

"Nothing."

"Well, you said it was somebody's birthday. I can't just go there empty-handed."

"It's Phil's 21st birthday and of course you can."

Somehow, I knew that he was getting off with me at my stop and I headed straight for the off-licence.

"I think perhaps I should get a bottle of white wine."

"Cynthia, you needn't bother. There will be plenty of booze around."

"Help me choose a bottle, please."

"If you must, just get the cheapest."

"I'm serious, Richard."

He took one look, grabbed the cheapest bottle from the rack and gave it to me.

"Seriously, this should be fine." He said.

I shrugged and paid for that cheapest bottle of Liebfraumilch.

He walked me to my house.

"Shall I come round, say at eight to pick you up?" He asked.

"No, I know the way to your hall. Perhaps if I arrive at a quarter past eight, will that be all right?"

"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"I shall be there waiting for you."

I waved goodbye and went inside by the kitchen backdoor. It was a good job that Jane wasn't there, otherwise she would be asking questions again. But why should that matter? It was just a little party that I got invited to. It wasn't as though there was anything between Richard and I. Damn, I was just being silly. I put the bottle in the fridge and began to prepare for dinner.

I got there by about 8:10 p.m. and Richard was already waiting at the entrance of the trees-lined path leading to his hall. It was such a cold night and I wondered how long he had been standing and shivering there in that thin denim jacket.

He grinned when he saw me, led us to his U-shaped hall, which was the largest men's hall of the university. It was built in red brick with a lawn in the middle. He kept pointing out to me that was the dining hall straight ahead and that was the TV room over there at the corner...

"He we are." He opened a door for me.

He explained as we headed up the stairs, "In here, first year students usually get a room along the long corridor on the ground floor. However, they must have misplaced my application. So, I ended up on a first floor landing with three second-year fellows. Oh, I guessed that they must already be at Phil's party on the landing above."

"Yes, I can hear the party."

"Here's my room. Perhaps you want to leave your coat here for the time being?"

"Yes, thanks."

I looked around Richard's room. It was simply furnished with standard university furniture. There was a single bed, a straight-back chair in front of a bureau-desk, an armchair and a wardrobe. Richard had set up some sort of a stereo with large speakers well spaced apart, one on top of his bureau-desk and the other on the floor by the side of his bed that also served as a magazines cum bedside stand. He helped me out of my coat and draped it over the armchair. His room was surprisingly tidy, compared to the pigsty I shared with Jane!

"Shall we go upstairs?"

I nodded with a smile, suddenly eager to meet his friends.

It was already crowded upstairs. They were mostly boys but there were also a few girls.

"Phil, this is Cynthia. Cynthia is from Hong Kong. Cynthia, this is Phil, our birthday kid."

"Hey Richard, you didn't tell me that you have such a beautiful Chinese girlfriend." Phil said aloud.

I blushed, as it was so embarrassing. I didn't know how to correct his mistake, yet I couldn't blame Phil as I was also thinking that the other girls must be girlfriends of somebody there.

"Hey, watch it Phil. It may be your 21st birthday but it doesn't mean that you can..." Richard must be trying to intervene on my behalf but I didn't quite catch the rest of the conversation.

"Happy birthday, Phil." I said simply and offered him the bottle.

"Oh Cynthia, you really shouldn't!"

They were a jolly and friendly lot and I began to relax and enjoy myself. I joined in their party games and I tried a little glass of the German wine that I bought. It tasted delicious. So apart from being very witty as he demonstrated in the party, Richard must also know a thing or two about wines.

"Gosh, it's ten already. Richard, I must leave now. I have an early lecture tomorrow." I said in a hush voice, as I didn't want to spoil the party.

"Sure."

I said goodbye to Phil and waved to the others when Richard showed me to his room to retrieve my coat.

"I shall walk you back, Cynthia."

"No, it's late already. There's no need."

But he had already put on his denim jacket.

On the way, Richard gossiped a little about his friends in the hall. Then suddenly, I saw that it was snowing.

"It's snowing!"

I squealed as I twirled round and round, trying to catch the snowflakes in my palms. I must have acted like a child.

"Is this the first time you see snowing?"

I nodded excitedly then suddenly I froze and said, "You must think that I am being very childish?"

"No, Cynthia. I think you are the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

With that he stretched out his palms and tried to catch snowflakes for me. It was a good job he did that. Otherwise, he would see me blushing furiously.

"Cynthia, don't let Phil bother you. He likes making remarks like that back there because he doesn't have a girlfriend. But I..."

Again, I didn't catch the rest of the sentence because he said it so quickly. I just said, "Don't worry. I'm okay."

Suddenly, I felt his hand reaching across and took mine. Then we were walking hand in hand. Supposed he had asked if I would like to be his girlfriend and I answered okay! Oh My God!

My heart was suddenly thumping and my cheeks were piping hot. I didn't dare looking up at him. At the same time, I didn't want to retrieve my hand for his palm felt so soft and warm.

Hand in hand, we walked silently if a little awkwardly back to my house. At the kitchen backdoor, he gave a little peck on my cheek. I was so shocked, as I had never been kissed by a boy before. I just turned beetroot! Coyly, I looked up at Richard. But when he bent down and tried to kiss me again, I closed my eyes and tilted my head up.

That very first kiss took my breath completely away! My heart was thumping so wildly that he must have felt it when he hugged me. Then my modesty had suddenly deserted me for I actually reached up on tiptoes to kiss him back. Unashamedly, I pressed my body against Richard. I was feeling tingly all over and my knees turned to jelly. Had Richard not wrapped his arms so tightly around me then I would have fallen like a heap on the doorstep and made a right fool of myself.

"Night-night, Cynthia."

"Goodnight, Richard."

I waved and waved as he turned and blew me kisses a couple of times until finally he waved me to get inside the house.

"Told you he's cute," Jane said as soon as I closed the kitchen backdoor.

I didn't know how long she had been there but I could guess what she must have seen through the window. With a little smirk on her beautiful face and a shake of her head of short blonde hair, Jane left the kitchen via the other door, leaving me red-faced and utterly embarrassed. Jane and I were good friends by that time and I knew that she was just teasing me, but still...

I took a hot shower but couldn't help wondering what Richard really saw in me. I mean those girls at Phil's party looked ravishing and more beautiful than plain little me. I mean I wasn't tall and didn't have their figures. Those were what I admired about gwei-mui. I wiped the mist from the bathroom mirror and checked my body. My 32A-21-32 was too skinny and I weighed just around 40 kg. I twisted my upper torso this way and that to inspect my breasts. Though not big they were indeed full A-cups size, almost B-cups now but not quite! They were very perky with up-tilted deep red nipples. They didn't look all that bad but wouldn't Richard prefer... I shivered suddenly.

"Oh shame on you Cynthia, just one little kiss with a gwei-chai and you turned into an idiot!" A voice screamed inside my head.

Then I thought I better finish the shower quickly because I had some explaining to do with Jane.

Wrapped in my bathrobe, I returned to my bedroom but found that Jane had already gone to bed. Thank god for that! Quietly, I put on some night cream and hand lotion, slipped into bed and switched off the bed lamp. I must have slept with a silly grin on my face all through that night.

Jane didn't say anything as we left the house together the following morning.

"Oh My God!"

She exclaimed all of a sudden that was when I spotted Richard waving at us at the bus stop. I was hoping to see him there and I waved back cheerfully.

"Oh dear! I better leave you two lovebirds alone." Jane said as she walked hurriedly over to join Teresa who was also a first year student from our house.

Richard came over and took my hand. My cheeks heated up quickly as my heart pumped wildly. He didn't let go of my hand until we arrived outside my faculty building where he gave a discrete peck on my cheek.

"Shall I see you at lunch, Richard."

"Yeah, see you later."

I tried very hard to concentrate on the lectures. But I just couldn't wipe that silly grin from my face that whole morning. At 12:30 p.m. I went to the canteen in the Student Union and spotted Richard at once. I hurried over to him and found that he hadn't ordered anything yet. So we went together to the counter, got what we wanted and sat at a quiet corner to eat our lunch.

"So what are you doing tonight, Richard?" I asked towards the end of the lunch hour.

"Oh, tonight I play board game with those on my landing."

I nodded in disappointment.

"You know them all. Do you want to join us, Cynthia?"

"No, I have to prepare for a tutorial." I lied.

"See you later." Richard said and gave a quick peck on my cheek.

My face reddened and I immediately checked around to see if anyone saw that kiss. The canteen was full of students and I knew what sort of rumours would be flying around if someone from Hong Kong saw a gwei-chai kissing me. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw no Chinese around.

"What's the matter?" Richard asked.

"Nothing, you go ahead. I don't have a lecture for this session and I want to go through some of my notes."

He waved and was gone.

Later that day, we caught the bus back together but he did not get off earlier with me this time as he said he had an assignment to work on before his stupid game.

I ate a quick meal and sat brooding in the TV room, oblivious to the soap on the box. It was 8:30 p.m. when I decided to pay Richard a surprise visit to see what he was up to.

When I got there, I saw that all four doors on his landing were open and I could hear them talking in one of the rooms. Hesitantly, I went over and Richard spotted me. That was not my Richard but a chubby 5'8" second year chemist.

"Hi, Cynthia!" he said.

Then my Richard turned and saw me.

"Hey, thought you weren't coming. Come on in, love!"

The four of them were sitting around a folding table with a board and stacks of cards on it. I felt like a fool. They were really playing a board game.

There was no reproach from my Richard or the other three. Andy told me it was a game of Civilization. Then the four of them tried to show me how it was played. I was surprised that a board game was played without the roll of dices and I was even more surprised to find that people still played that sort of games on an actual game-board rather than on-line. The only board game I knew was Monopoly. I was fascinated at first but my interest waned after about 20 minutes.

"Well, what do you say if we continue on another night?" My Richard asked suddenly.

"Sure," they said, took notes of their game and cleared the table.

Awkwardly I left Andy's room with Richard.

"Richard, I'm so sorry that I spoiled your game." I said shamed-faced when Richard closed his door behind us.

"Don't be silly. We wouldn't be able to finish the game tonight and would have to continue on another day anyway."

"You're not mad at me, snooping on you?"

He shook his head. Then he grinned and said, "Now you know that I'm not hiding another girl."

"I'm so sorry." My eyes misted up.

"Hey, it's okay. Now that we both know that we are serious about each other. I love you, Cynthia!"

I nodded timidly and a tear suddenly rolled down my cheek. Gently, he lifted my chin and gazed lovingly into my eyes.

I couldn't restrain myself any longer as I flung my arms around his neck, reached up on tiptoes and kissed him. As we were wet kissing each other, my knees quickly turned to jelly. Then I found myself lying on Richard's bed, with him toppled over me, kissing and touching me.

"Oh! Don't, Richard!"

I gasped as I felt his hot palms fondling my breasts over the blouse. I was so embarrassed, not just because they had never been touched before but also because I was really concerned that they were rather small. Yet, his touches felt so good!

"Cynthia, you're such a lovely girl."

"Don't Richard."

I protested half-heartedly but Richard must have seen right through me because he didn't stop. Instead, he began to unbutton my blouse!

"No, Richard!"

He took as much notice of this as my previous protest. In just seconds, he had undone the roll of buttons on my blouse and he was gazing down my cleavage. My cheeks were on fire. In a way, I was glad that I wore a push-up bra that day!

G-String
G-String
52 Followers