All Comments on 'The Cupid Effect Ch. 09'

by mondotoken

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
CreeperclawCreeperclawalmost 9 years ago
What The Fuck Is Going On Here?!!

If I'm understanding this chapter right Poindexter is being held in a hospital as a human test subject so the doctors can learn about and mass produce his pheromone for profit at the expense of his mental well being. Also his own uncle sold him out.

Did the doctors just drug Dexter into mental incompetency or is his condition real?

If his pheromone really is the cause of his mental deterioration and he seems to be trapped in a place where his only use is as a guinea pig(and gay mans sex toy), then I'd say his future is looking very bleak. He's done some messed up stuff since the accident, but I'm really hoping his condition both medically and physically improves in future chapters. Maybe Taylor will be of assistance, or perhaps Agnes (if she ever forgives him).

Oh please, please Mondo don't leave Dexter to rot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
agreed

I agree with Creeper. Please find a way out for our hero. (But continue to give him all the pussy he wants, this time without side effects. Perhaps Kelsey and her shallow mother at the same time. He deserves the best of both worlds. Both for his earlier humiliations as a nerd, and for all the problems caused by a chemical thrown on him that he didn't ask for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Agreed 2

What I fear has happened. I want our hero to take control not this "test subject" bit. I hope in the next chapter that will change. Otherwise, I have to sadly move on from this story and remember the last bits of it I found interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
wow

I didn't like how anything went after, the whole lesbian gun showdown.... I've loved almost every chapter, but as this as an ending or a continuation pleases don't let it be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Kelsey to the rescue

I really hope Kelsey Taylor redeems herself. She seems to have goten a intelligence boost and if she still loves the guy hopefully she now has the necessary mental ability to predict what he would want and be happy without fucking everything up.

Again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Alternatively

I wish that when he came to, his uncle was talking about Kelsey spashing him in the face. The insane acts the reaction of him being unconscious. Tying up the story neatly and realizing the fantasy was too much even for him.

mondotokenmondotokenalmost 9 years agoAuthor
A note from the Author

I usually refrain from commenting on the reader's reactions to my stories but rampant speculation and backseat editors regarding this story have drawn me out so to speak. I mean this with the utmost respect for the readers and their opinions and comments good or bad ...."I'm going to write the story I want." okay? I've known since I wrote the first sentence of "The Cupid Effect" what Dexter's ultimate fate will be. I'd like to write a simple tale of his repeated conquests of various women young and old but that rather mundane aspect always seems to elude me because there must always be something "more" and I feel like I would be cheating my audience if I dumbed down this world I've created.

As far as Dexter's "power" there must be some "CHECKS and BALANCES"-consequences for his actions good and bad. He's stacked up some bad karma while failing to realize the detrimental aspect of his status as a living aphrodisiac. If you want to jump off the boat before it docks then I can't dissuade you-but if any of you like my writing, know that I will continue to do the best I can to bring you something ..."different".

THANK YOU for your time...and keep reading if you want to see more of Dexter's adventures.

mondotoken 2015

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
In large part, I have thoroughly enjoyed this story.....admittedly, it has taken turns...

....I would not have anticipated, so has delighted and engaged by its uniqueness.

I'm not entirely comfortable with some of the weird left turns you've taken with it, but after all, it is your story, so must go where it takes you.

Some readers are like armchair quarterbacks or back seat drivers. In reality, they cannot bring themselves to write something original and unique, but feel no compunction about rewriting yours to suit their preferences.

Sadly, suffering that "feedback" is one of the prices of writing.

Carry on, McDuff! Yon horizon awaits ye!

And I'll take the high road wi'ye.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A Note from a Fan

I have read your other works but I must say this series is my favorite. I think I just like this genre more than others. I was just wondering if there is more to this or is that how it ends? Will you be writing more in this genre? I hope so, I am like many others on here, for the most part I really liked the series but found the twist and turns into the dark not to my liking, as much. This is not a comment of disrespect by the way, I hope you don't take it that way, I'm just stating how I feel. You write, I read. When I think it's time for me to go find another story then it's time... I move from author to author for new stories, and rarely because of anything else. I truly hope you write in this genre again and soon! I prefer being a reader than a writer because I find more enjoyment in it, to see what people come up with and I spend a great deal of time on authors I find speak to what I like.

Lastly, for me I was hoping Dexter was going to be ruling the school/wherever he ends up with a lot of beauties because I guess that is what speaks to my (eternal teen-self) Again, I hope you take it as a fan writing to you, a favored author and not a slight on your writing because to that, you are one of the people I look for nearly weekly as I look for something to read on here (MC Genre). I don't presume to dictate what you put on the page because that is not what I'm here for. I'm just a reader looking for something to read for a few minutes to escape the world and into another.

Thank you, for your time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
unexpected

as a reader i was hoping a different ending but u suprised me, i would like to see agnes and kelsey joins hands to help dexter out of this problem

zena99zena99almost 9 years ago
Hmmm

I have to agree with some of the other comments regarding the tone of this chapter. But overall the series has been exceptional so I must defer to the author. Let's see what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
curious...

Hi mondotoken....It has been a curious story, interesting twists and turns. Being the ultimate chemical chick magnet affects not only the women he's around but affects him as well. I may not have liked how he suddenly treats people when he gets down and dirty but you have written that in the story that suddenly Dexter seems not aware or not in control of all his faculties when he's "active". Or he feels remorse afterwards. Glad to see your response to all the messages and criticisms...and looking forward to seeing and curious about where Dexter winds up next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Chapters 1-8 great

What happened with chapter 9 mondo it killed me to see where he ends up and I hope you fix it with something big

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Retribution?

I'm going to just lay it flat out why your readers are upset with the direction of the story. You keep talking about Dexter getting what he deserves for his actions, but the problem is that those are actions that you made him commit.

You put us into the role of Dexter, the protagonist; made him act like an asshole when all we wanted was a Revenge of The Nerds motif, and then punished him at every turn for the actions that we didn't even like seeing him commit in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
keep this going

I can't tell if this was intended to be the end, or if there are more chapters coming. Please write more. This does not feel finished as is.

jonyoungaujonyoungauover 8 years ago

Hope for more and hope for a happy ending for all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Happy Ending Please

Can you please stop having Dexter treated like shit by people now. It's sad and aggravating to see, I now you love righting stories where male protagonists are practically treated horrible by females (Which is sad to read at times) but Dexter was innocent in the beginning and treated like shit and now after the accident is still treated like shit. Please fix this because these stories reach a point where they're sad and aggravating to read. P.S. are you a male or female? if you don't mind me asking.

NIckNecroNerdNIckNecroNerdover 8 years ago
Mondotoken I'd be cool if you replied to this, it's slightly long but please read. thank you.

I read your comment and I understand you will write what you want and that's fine and your stories are fine too but similar to the others the story, hit's a point where it starts to get sad I mean for the main protagonist who occasionally don't deserve the punishment. This one I feel it the most because even though Dexter has done some bad things and I believe in karma but I feel that the punishments are too harsh. You turned what could have been a cool revenge of the nerd story with a element of karma into a straight up depressing Dexter vs.The World and have him lose the fight that he should win. I know life isn't a happily ever after but this is taking it slightly far. Also you mentioned we could jump off at anytime and with all do respect I think I might do that. And I'm not hating but your stories can get sad at a point. In fact the MILF story you wrote, towards the end reminded me of author Markydaysaid's "Aphrodite's Shell" which is another sex story, but reached a point so depressing I stopped reading because of all the shit be put his main protagonist through. But seriously no hate just saying I think I'm jumping off because I think you might reach a point where it becomes sort of another Aphrodite's Shell for me and I'm not doing that again. So please I'd love a respond and good luck.

mondotokenmondotokenover 8 years agoAuthor
A word from the Author

Look I'm going to submit another chapter of this story when I'm finished. Don't worry about Dexter because his story is far from finished but some of the people posting comments hiding behind the "anonymous" description actually burnt me out. I write as a labor of love and lest anyone forget I am a real person with a life that sometimes intrudes on my creative endeavors. Already a couple of readers have affected the direction of this story.

I take umbrage with some of you saying that I treat my male characters like shit. I have over fifty stories on this site and I don't intend on stopping any time soon. All of my characters are somewhat different and I can't just write a "GUY FUCKS THE WORLD" story without adding some dimension to it. What kind of person would I be if I changed my writing to conform to a few people's demands? Kind of makes the whole creative process "moot" don't you think?

I posted an original story where a guy didn't get shit all over and guess what? ..It's the lowest rated story in my collection. I like to take some positives even from the negative and I feel that at least enough people cared to write their thoughts in my comments section. I wrote another chapter of Mean Girls of Maplewood where the villain (female) is about to fall and people still polluted my inbox trying to get me to change the story.

....these are my characters everybody and I feel they may find their true audience someday if not right now.

Dexter's adventures are far from over-even though some jerks have inadvertently screwed up a number of plot points actually creating the conundrum I presently find myself in with regards to the world in which the Cupid Effect takes place.

I'm not going to ask you to wait for me-I'm going to write my stories the way I want and perhaps somebody will find some entertainment in one or all of them.

....another original story coming up and I'm sure somebody is gonna shit all over that too.

P.S. What does my gender matter?

newfield1981newfield1981over 8 years ago
Don't change a thing!

I agree with everything you just said. This is your story, your characters, and they are at your discretion! I actually like the added darkness( a person can only be pushed so far) and I'm sure you know were you're going with this. My only concern is that you don't abandon this story!

cabernetguycabernetguyover 8 years ago
don't let others hold you back - keep up the good work.

Wow, some people take things so seriously here. On social media everyone's such a critic!! Most people know they come here to read some erotica and most of it is lame and predictable. Maybe they're looking for a quick wank or something. Those no longer interest me. You, mondotoken, have come up with something creative and unique... A plot where dexter is a victim in more ways than one and he is his own worst enemy, wrestling with what he's becoming and what's happening to him. I don't know what you mean by how other people's comments have already changed your story. But don't let them get you down. It's your story and we're along for the ride. I also know you're not finished with it yet. I personally look forward to seeing where you are going to take this. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
cant wait

Been waiting for the next chapter for what feels like a while now i have no profile on here btw but youve been doing a great job so far and i am very eager to read the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
MORE PLEASE!

Thank you for your series. I'd like more of the series. I'll admit that I am a fan of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
fantastic writing 10 out of 10 ......but

this was a fantastic story and the first 8 chapters were well written and kept you there. the story is interesting and the characters were believable even though it was fantasy story. The last chapter however went from being 10 out of 10 in the first 3/4 of the chapter to being 4 out of 10 in the last few paragraphs it is almost like someone else finished the story for you. of all the ways you could have finished this story the ending you chose has left an awful lot of your readers feeling let down

wheels0132wheels0132over 2 years ago

The volleyball team scene was the hottest out of all 15 chapters, the story lost me a bit on that weird hospital lab side story that didn't really seem to go anywhere. Hope to see more fun scenes at the school and less of the darker stuff. I enjoy this story, hope to see more though it's been a couple years since the last chapter was written, I hope you didn't abandon this one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous