All Comments on '8 Mile'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 175 Comments
LeFrog08LeFrog08over 7 years ago
As usual, an excellent tale.

I really enjoyed this whole story

and loved that closing paragraph.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fantastic!

Having read all of your stories, this is in the top 5! Great story line, excellent plot development, fun characters, and the ending was unexpected but superb. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Job

Excellent, truly excellent piece of work

AhazuraAhazuraover 7 years ago
Wonderful

You outdid yourself boss. I live in Mt pleasant but have done a ton of work in Detroit back in the day. It is cool to read about things I have actually seen. As for the story I like almost everything you have put out but this was probably my favorite. ( the Chrissy story was a lot of fun ) thanks for sharing!

Ahaz

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story

Great story with a great ending. Well done.

ontheroadforeverontheroadforeverover 7 years ago
You the man, Stang...

Someday, when I grow up...I wanna write just like you, bud...

Loved it, as I always seem to do. I wish I could pick your brain to dig a tip or two out to make my own scribblings better.

LostriderLostriderover 7 years ago
Worth the wait

As always a great story. You are a great writer. Thank you so much for your writing. Can't wait for your next one.

Dawgbite38Dawgbite38over 7 years ago

5 stars. I think it's your best story.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
THERE IS A LOT OF TRUTH IN THIS STORY

and the criminality is they are not remedied, TK U MLJ LV NV

PDeanMurphyPDeanMurphyover 7 years ago
Impressed

Thats right. Totally impressed with this. Very well done.

Joeraven1403Joeraven1403over 7 years ago
Impressive

Your stories always impress me. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Been checking for weeks for a new submission. You didn't disappoint me in the least. Loved it, 5 stars as usual. Now I hope we don't have to wait as long for the next one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story

Great Story. Started reading and couldn't stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Stuff

Well done great work.

The interaction between Betty and Alan was well done and interesting

For me, I don't think the story benefited from the inclusion of Sally, Dale and the grand kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You dragged your own story down

Loved it till Betty's son and his family showed up. The story started dragging so much after that. That episode was way to detailed and unnecessary. As was the ending twist or fuckup or whatever you call it. That bit really pissed me off because it was totally unwarranted.

Sorry to do this to an otherwise awesome story, but you dragging the story on for the last 3 pages made me drag my score for the story down from 5 to 3.

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
Loved it!

Especially the very end!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You have a good story but you need to edit yourself down to half

You have a good story but you need to edit yourself down to half of the present length. The son would have been better as a mention, not an entire long drawn out story about a man-child who sees his mom having sex. The extensive detail drags this story down too. Cat back exhausts and drugs in walls and floors do nothing but add pages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Liked it a lot

I liked your story a lot.

Thank you for thinking it up and getting it into this site.

I am always somewhat frustrated by imperfect punctuation in stories here, but I then remind myself that not everyone is a grammarian.

The plot twist at the end was fun, but could have been better developed with a little more time and thought.

Overall, 4 out of 5. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This is..................

............one of the best of all your stories...if not THE best. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of your best! 5 stars

I loved it, especially the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story

I've only started page 6, which for me is a very long story. But this is a very interesting, as well as a humorous,story. "It's not how fast you mow; it's how well you mow fast," he said." , had me LOL for 5 minutes. I will be sure to complete reading this.

Thank You & Good Job !

LovesNipplesLovesNipplesover 7 years ago
OUTSTANDING!

This is, without a doubt the best story I have read on Literotica, and I have read a great many of them. I love the development of the characters, the way you wove the side stories into the main story line and that, despite my fear that you were going to kill off Betty (I was getting pissed) you kept them together and they have a happy ending and a relationship and love that will last them the rest of their lives. I only wish I could write this well. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved the Jehovah's Witnesses line

I am only up to Page 5 so far and I will not be able to NOT COMPETE your story. Wonderful, heart, soul, basically good people. Thanks,

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
Fantastic story!

When I saw your story had 11 pages, I thought there was no way I was going to read it...two and a half hours later I'm typing a comment.

wieliczkawieliczkaover 7 years ago
Wonderful

Thanks. As someone who lives near 'the great unwashed', it is real and honest. Real and honest in the people who survive, and those who become predators. All attempting to survive. Lovely story.

lanncerlanncerover 7 years ago
funny and dramatic

Great story. I enjoyed the funny parts and the twist at the end.

islandchicaislandchicaover 7 years ago
So not nice!!!

... How you made me believe Betty was dead!!! I started tearing up! I passed over this story earlier because it was so long and I didn't have time to read more than a couple pages. Now that I finally got to it I find that it was well worth the wait and the length. Thank you! Excellent read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A true Romance....

An Easy *5.....nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

11 pages of crappy mustangs? no thanks.

oshawoshawover 7 years ago

Great story regardless of branching out of LW. Just to clarify something, your mention of your story, "Leave Her To Heaven" was submitted to that "other" website. So your fans scurrying to locate that story should be made aware. Wherever you post and whatever category I'll look forward to enjoying reading your wonderful stories.

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
Funny and Romantic

Very nice story Stang,incredibly well written

5 well deserved stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice twist!

Nice twist

qhml1qhml1over 7 years ago
Really good work

A nice story. Nobody cheated, lied (at least not much), tried to burn the other down, or commit any other kind of mayhem. Good to see your name again, it was getting few and far between.

I'm glad you put it in Romance, because that's what it was. And let's face it. LW is getting toxic. Too many trying to press agendas that have nothing to do with the work the writers put in. My last effort got me at least eight negative comments and one bombs by people who admitted they never even read it.

I one bombed it because you suck...wait, just channeling there for a second. Five from me.

Q

beachfreakwhvbeachfreakwhvover 7 years ago
A nice 5+* from me

for a nice and easy reading romantic story!

But, why don't bad commentators never put the real name on the comment???

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Rushed ending?

Really enjoyed the story, but was a little disappointed in the ending. It seemed kind of rushed to me. Thanks for a good read, though.

oldmsufanoldmsufanover 7 years ago
Enjoyed it!

A bit long but a darn good read! Thanks for writing & sharing. A 5 seems low. But it is the most one can give. I'll add 5+++++++++++++!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fantastic

I was really hoping for a wank after picking it up a second time but I enjoyed it so much I just kept reading. Now to find some other material. But I couldn't leave without adding that I loved it and you killed my boner when "she" died. Ouch

Danger09Danger09over 7 years ago
Liked the story

But I hate that we didn't get to hear from the ex slut wife..

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I loved

and hated

this wonderful story.

When relationships were bad they were horrid.

When they were positive they were romantic and uplifting.

I really disliked they way the relationship started between Betty and Alan. It seemed contrived and manipulative. It took forever for them to begin an interactive rather than contractual relationship. When they did become somewhat closer as a domestic couple, it all fell apart when Dale and his hillbilly crew showed up.

All that aside, it was great to see and read another story by SS06.

Thanks for the entertainment.

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 7 years ago
First Rate !!!

First rate story, totally bitching ending, had me laughing my ass off. I gave it five stars but you ain't the only sneaky bastard here. I also gave your story a "4" on the Budweiser Scale (which is a whole lot better than 5*s) and it's a damned good read once you get past the first 2 chapters !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Best Ever

I would have given this story 100 Stars if I could. Best writing ever, laughed my ass off more than once, cried a little too. LOVED IT!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I have a love hate relationship with your stories

I am going through your stories one by one and it's refreshing to see your characters become less moronic over time. But you made your heroine fall into that same cubbyhole when she decided against all logic to help the birch out. Definitely ruined the story for me.

I know you need leeway to make your characters interesting but you end up turning too many of them into naive idiots that talk too much. No normal person if put into the same situation as your protagonists would behave with as much patience as your characters sometimes do.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 7 years ago
One

Of your best...thanks for sharing.

Sidney43Sidney43over 7 years ago

For some reason I haven't read one of your stories in a while, probably because they were kind of formulaic (that's too much the same to you Detroit people). Sooo, I read this one and I really liked it, the same off the wall humor (two sandwiches short of a picnic kind of stuff) and all that. I do see you are still hung up on Mustangs, but I am a very forgiving kind of guy, so I promise to read the next one you write also.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 7 years ago
Nice

There wasn't much to read here, so I went on over to the other site. Hey, a new story from the Mustang guy. I thought I'd give it a shot. I almost quit after the first night, thinking, "This guy is a total douche." I kept reading and I'm glad I did. It became a sweet little romance. I wound up loving both characters. I kept waiting for it to show up here so I could give you a nice comment, but I was looking in the wrong genre. This was a different stroke and I loved it. Thanks for writing this. Randi.

rjm2rjm2over 7 years ago
Great read

SS06.... You out done yourself sir. I truly enjoyed this story. I have enjoyed all your stories, and umm.... Anonymous.... He writes by StarStang06, did you think you he was gonna talk about a Camaro, or even worse a gutless charger?

maninconnmaninconnover 7 years ago
Nice!

I laughed, I cried. No, I didn't. I laughed, then I laughed some more. Thanks Stang Star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story

This was a great story. It was nice to see you do something a little bit different because although it had the usual themes of yours it was a refreshing change of pace

Ricco52Ricco52over 7 years ago
Nice

I got a few chuckles from your story since my wife is a blue eyed redhead who looks like a boiled lobster if she spends time in the sun without industrial strength sunscreen. Even then it looks more like she is growing freckles than tanning.

leviayersleviayersover 7 years ago

echoing randi. never thought to look in romance thanks 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
bag lady?

one of SS best stories yet. Please keep em comin

wanolman

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 7 years ago
If you had, just one shot...

Dude are you trying to make me expand my horizon? I found this by pure luck. Looking to read a good ol standard and lo and behold a new Stang story. 5 stars my friend!!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 7 years ago
On the mark

A very good entertaining story.

LalawmanLalawmanover 7 years ago
what a surprise

Great story that I just happened across

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING?

Hi there peoples! Truly you should receive an award for an end that we didn't think would be! Thanks Stangstar06 for a memorable story I am no critic but I think this should be a movie? Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

makarowcemakarowceover 7 years ago
dear oshaw

to answer your question

"Just to clarify something, your mention of your story, "Leave Her To Heaven" was submitted to that "other" website. So your fans scurrying to locate that story should be made aware"

stangstar06 post his stories also on site calld storiesonline here is the adress http://storiesonline.net/a/StangStar06

on personal note I really hope that YOU post some new stories

ps. sorry for the grammar, english is not my first language

magma60magma60over 7 years ago
Great Story

Another great story by one of my favourite authors on this site. Nice twist at the end, for a moment I thought it would end horribly.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 7 years ago
Back and...

...better than ever!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
4*s THE SS06 OF EARLY DAYS IS BACK

I found "Leave Her to Heaven" on the other site. Liked it very much. Gave it the equivalent of 4*s, an 8 rating.

This story was pretty good too. Gave it 4*s.

These two stories remind me of your first couple of years. Very original and satisfying stories. Glad to see that talent coming back.

I don't read you anymore, but I'm glad I did these two.

Thanks again SS 06.

AMerryman

fisheronefisheroneover 7 years ago
Two desperate humans

I thought it was a welcomed read.

It points out how easy it is to have your whole world turned upside down.

One was mentally and emotionally, Betty is also physical and financial.

One offer of compassion that saved multiple people.

It wasn't just Alan and Betty but also the son and his family.

I would like to see more of this kind of writing from you.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 7 years ago
Excellent read

Great character development as usual along with a very nice story line.

Your stories are so good even a Mopar guy can like them.

Thanks for a very nice read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Improving!

I envy your developing skills and am very impressed by how your writing has gotten richer since your earlier stories. Love the good-hearted characters with their own internal conflicts, needs, and senses of humor. The hard work you put into your writing and stories shows clearly. Thank you! This was a pleasure to read, and I hope for more.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
$13,000 to RENT a funeral...?

Damn, what would it have cost to BUY the casket, clothes, and plot...?

Four people who are generally honest, it sure took them long enough to get back to being honest...

Liked the story though...

Crusader235Crusader235over 7 years ago
Like

Like this story a lot, 2nd read. Got a question, where is "Leave her to heaven"? Did a google search and only came up with the 1945 movie. I would like to read it.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 7 years ago
Really good.

Nice to see you write a solid romance story stang.

More like this please.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Non Pariel

Dude. I mean, Dude! I've stories that touched me but this one takes the case. So much of my life and so much of my lady are in this tales and then some. I know it's just a story but so much of life is so close to the edge of tragedy. You've done this so very well. Thank you for this exploration of the human condition. You give me hope... And yes, I do love me some 68 Mustang fastback.... Excellent work, sir. most excellent.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Wow!

I have no words...

Incredible story, tragic beginning, romantic continuity with touch of comedy, tragic pass again and ends with a happy ending although something dramatic. This story has it all!

Great work, this story happens to be one of my favorites.

5 * for you, and I'll look if I find more stories of you.

Thanks for sharing your work.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story but...

It was great right up until you had to kill someone off to end the story. I could think of 10 different ways to end it without doing that. 5* story up till then. Lost a star for the unnecessary ending.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
TRY TRY TRY TO BE HUMAN

with feelings of being unlonely, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
can't stand the shit out of ?

I know Amereecans do talk funny but wtf language is this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
well that settles it!

By far the best story I have read in years, This belongs in a book with a fancy cover.

I am never looking at homeless people the same agian after this.

Absolutely amazing work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
THIRD TIME AND STILL AT THE TOP

I have read this story at least 3 times and it just gets better each time I do. The both of them are a laugh and a half. Now you mix in the overall dreadfully seriousness topic in general and you have one hell of a killer story. Wish more of your work was this good. It really should be filled out all the way and turned into a book.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Damn !!!!! You're Killin me here

This IS one of the best I've ever read here. This will definitely be on the read again list. I get really wrapped up in your stories. Thanks for your time and effort. Tom

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Nice Job

A very enjoyable romance, with plenty of personal growth to ponder as I read along. I had a feeling about the pregnancy when you introduced the "Betty's hiding something" mystery, and was glad that turned out to be a correct deduction.

Bravo for giving us a couple of sympathetic, "good people" characters to care about in a well-turned love story. The quality of your writing allows me to forgive the editing oopsies that sneak into everyone's stories, no matter how many times you proofread. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
2nd time through

And I still LOVE this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Is SS06 still alive?

Liked the story very much, but the question is when is the next one coming? SS06 used to write almost every two weeks and it's been almost a year without a story. I particularly missed the Halloween story (preferably with the Sisters of Fate) and the Christmas story. I hope SS06 is alive and well and that the reason we haven't seen a story in so long is that having such a great time doesn't allow for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Omg hdkdodnfn

Please dont ever do that again. I was almlst crying wirh Alan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of the best

This is one of the very best stories on here (or anywhere) I've read hands down. Good work on this. No. FANTASTIC work! I've felt so many things and especially got super fuckin emotional when I thought Betty died. You got me! The main characters are awesome! Wonderful. The chemistry and how it all built up was superb. Like Alan gushes over his Betty, I want to gush over this as much as I can. I loved the vivid writing and how relatable it felt. Like you were there. Really experiencing what the characters were from looking through their eyes to feeling the emotions they felt. I love this story. Thank you so much for this read and taking time out of your life to make it. It's much appreciated. <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
SS06 is alive

Someone posted a comment asking if SS06 is alive. He also posts stories on another site and the last one was post 12-14-17, a few weeks ago... So he is writing, but probably with the weather has his Mustang in the garage.

calflashcalflashabout 6 years ago
believable

Always enjoy Starstang stories but this one went off the charts with the character and scene development. Not a resident but sometimes visitor of Detroit, I recognize the scenes and even have been in the infamous Meijer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
REPLY TO Anonymous05/04/17 WHO ASKED “Is SS06 still alive?”

Yes, he is... but you seem to've forgotten that he's stubbornly stuck with that Goddamned FORD so his time is dedicated to trying to get the fucking thing to start and then keep it running for more than six miles. "Found On Road Dead -*- Fix Or Repair Daily" LOL I've owned two of the things and they were nothing but pretty pieces of painted junk. (wife's cars)

After 213,000 miles, my new in Nov. '67 383 cid three speed torque-flite transmission '68 Plymouth Roadrunner was still castrating Mustangs. (and whatever else.. including Dodge SuperBees) The service techs in the dealership were amazed that I never had an engine or drive train problem. I had a specialty shop rebuild the distributor... that's it. I know it was good for all of 160 but I never had to go over 110 to be the winner. That's the highest speed it ever went... once... against a built and blueprinted 427 Corvette 4 sp. with two four barrels. He was out of gears and I was pulling out to pass him @ 110... in SECOND GEAR of an automatic transmission. He quit so I let off and didn't bother to pass him. If I'd had a tachometer, I'd have dropped it into drive at about 80 and shot by him.

I had a factory fluke engine and transmission... the first Roadrunner sold in our region. Plain white sleeper... looked like a State Police car...

I never got a speeding ticket but got one for passing a State trooper on a double solid line in a blinding snow storm. I busted that trooper SOOOOO bad for lying. His ears were as red as fire and all he could do was stammer, "Well I'll admit that there was snow on the road but that spot was clear and dry." I answered, "Like in a miracle! ... and that's why traffic was moving at 25 mph on a 55 mph highway. You were just a few feet behind me but you didn't turn your lights on to stop me for another quarter of a mile." Then I just looked at the judge, turned around and walked out of the courtroom. ---- I was notified that the charge was dismissed.

5 stars for an excellent story by an overworked FORD fixerupperman.

I WILL post this as anonymous. You never know how those foolish Ford diehards might react. LOL

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Too damn sweet.

This story is (for me) one of the sweetest, romantic stories posting. Finding love later in life with a suitable life partner. It doesn't get better than that. I 've read this story several times and it's always satisfying. StangStar06 is a terrific author. ☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great Job.

I laughed, I cried, and I've gone away happy. What more could I ask for from a story?

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 6 years ago
What a wonderful lark!

I have always loved your stories. This was the best. Thanks for your talent and sense of humor. Five ***** and wish it were possible to give more than five.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
WTH

WTH is wrong with you. Picking a homeless woman fucked her with out a condom n them laping her pussy juice.

Fuck you to get HIV or what? She was raped to add ...who knows what jind of venereal diseases those scums carries.

Should have fuck her with a condom...N NEVER DO ORAL SEX ON HER..Untill she is tested n come up clean that goes for bareback too.

1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just another guy

SS06, I am sorry to see that you stopped writing stories. I see comments that people make that express opinions as if the stories were historical accounts of what you have done. I like the fact that your stories are just that, things from your imagination that you have decided to share with us. Whether some of the characters are real, like Fred Mertz, or not or whether someone should be wearing jeans instead of shorts or whatever criticism you are subjected to is just ethugs with nothing to do. If these literary geniuses would just confine themselves to addressing the realism of Dr. Seuss instead of trying to "improve" your stories I would be much happier. Anyhow, sorry to see you go I hope someday your story bug will bite you in the ass and make you decide to continue amusing us.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
Still a 5-star Literotica Classic in my book.

For me, one of the best crafted and best "storied" I've read on this site in the last 10 or so months I've been an active reader. But...

...In this last read through I noticed a couple of questions to ask.

1) Once Betty is integrated into the neighborhood, she becomes block president and takes over, and very actively, the social calendar of the neighborhood. She seems to pick up what to do seamlessly. Sort of indicates at least a middle-middle class up bringing and/or adult/married life. And is more indicative of an upper-middle up bringing (a class where there are a lot of stay-at-home moms since, for the most part, they don't HAVE to work vs middle-middle.class and lower I'd wager at least 75% of households requires a dual income).

Of course she is almost 50 (so probably born in '67-'68). That would make her a child of the 70s when there were many 1 income households among all the middle class, but the numbers were declining fast. She would have been young, and it would take a very observant 7-8 year old to realize what was happening, and what was required, for a block committee.

She was married about 20 years. Was she living a middle-class life? Is that where she learned her "social graces"? If she wasn't already proficient she had plenty of time to learn.

2) her son and grandkids seem almost hick-ish, especially the kids. And they are from Florida, so I'd guess very north Florida in the panhandle or Georgia border. But her son's speech slips in-between awe shucks country boy and standard educated American English, as evidenced with the near soliloquy in the garage when he tries to get Betty to go home with him. So reasonably well educated. The kids' speech is totally Beverlyhill-billies. If her son's speech has some southern twang to it he must have spent a good bit of his youth in the south.

Betty's speech is standard american english, and it never slips to indicate otherwise. So she is not from north Florida, or any of the southern states that still speaks with an accent of one sort or another. If her son lived in the south awhile, long enough to pick up the patter, did Betty move to the south at some point?

If her son grew up, at least his teen years, in Florida, and Betty had only been divorced and homeless for less than 10 yesrs she probably was in Florida at that time, UNLESS they split after moving to Michigan. I mean if she became homeless in Florida, who the hell would travel to Detroit knowing they will be camped outside in the miserable Winters.

But we are never given a real solid clue about where she's from, or her up bringing's social status. Nor where she was when she became homeless..

tinfoilhattinfoilhatover 5 years ago
Great story

Stang is a great writer. I've read a couple here and they are so well written and very enjoyable to read.

Ben4funtooBen4funtooover 5 years ago
Thank you

To the Author:

As you undoubtedly will notice I obviously don't possess your literary skills or talents. So be warned that I shall fall woefully short of praising your work to the level it deserves. You have woven together a wonderful tale that captured and held my undivided attention. I found myself laughing aloud, frowning, excited, frightened and otherwise completely captivated. Your words led me to form mental pictures of the each of the characters, the places they lived, the clothing they wore and even the mustang: "68". (BTW, I pictured her a "candy" red and your profile has her as "yellow". Author's prerogative)

I shall enjoy reading your other works and find myself wanting to ration them)

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
Excellent Story; Fabulous Dialogue

The conversations between Betty and Alan are funny and very well written. This is an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow

All I can say is WOW! The passion. It is seldom that a piece can really move some emotions like that, but this has. It has been a wicked read, and I even paused my music and read the ending part in shocked silence, until I found relief. Keep it up and please write a sequel! If not the same characters, maybe something in the same universe?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
ridiculous conclusion-jumping

Just a tedious, exasperating, endless series of foolish jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 5 years ago
Great

Excellent story, gave me a good laugh a couple of times. Couple of things I thought where predictable but really enjoyed it all the same. Well worth the read 5* but worth 10

phfinaphfinaabout 5 years ago
A story is as good as the ending

... And the ending wasn't very good. The story had its flaws, particularly the two-person split POV, which was ... slightly bearable, but the continuous obvious misreading was tiresome.

But then you jumped to the last chapter, the epilogue, and, frankly, did somebody else write it? The tone-shift was jarring, off-putting. And then you did the obvious and play with your readers: "Here, let me jerk your expectations and emotions around, because I can. Isn't this fun?"

It wasn't fun, nor was it funny. It was predictable and insulting to us, your readers. Don't do that. Your ending left a bad taste in my mouth of an otherwise pretty good and pretty sweet story.

Maybe play it straight, rewrite the ending and republish this work, because it'd be a much better story if both the tone and the telling followed what it was in the previous ten chapters. You indulged yourself. You really shouldn't have: it was mean, unkind, and unfair to Alan and Betty, and flattening Sharon on 8 Mile to get her out of the picture stank of Deus ex machina, and you're a better writer than to fall for any of this.

kisses, `phfina

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Seriously?

So I read all the reviews of a few stories. I haven’t read enough to determine if the plots are all repititous or not. But your sidebar about the son returning was just weird. And how can two people be so totally unaware of each other’s feelings and be so unable to communicate their own? And the “twist?” Arguably the most ridiculous ending of all time. Dude! You have talent. Just try and keep some form of reality in your stories. I am moving on. No more of your stories for me. Life is too short. I am sure your fans will say good riddance. Just I had hoped for more.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 5 years ago
Not editor but shorten

I liked it but some could be cut

Reading is passion of mine and I like your stories as all writers some good some great some not so good etc

This one too long

But still liked as said earlier

Keep writing I will keep reading

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great story with

lots of funny dialogue. A couple of inconsistencies, but who cares? I liked it 5*'s worth!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good read

Liked your story, how things come together. I'm seriously concerned, however, about your obsession with Mustangs. Not even a mentoon of a good Mopar, like the Challenger Hellcat. Keep witing.

PaddyyddaPPaddyyddaPover 4 years ago
That reminds me

The vibro...circular ....thingy on my car is making a funny grinding noise. Can anyone tell me whats the best size wrench thingy to hit it with?

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
WONDERFUL

This was one of the best stories I've red in here, funny and moving. 5 stars.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous