All Comments on 'I Want to Make Love to You'

by Athalia

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
luedonluedonover 7 years ago
An interesting exposition

I liked your little stream of consciousness, Athalia. I recently made a comment (on Chloe Tzang's latest story) saying that I thought Literotica authors should write for their own enjoyment and if the readers also enjoy your stories that is a bonus.

You can, as you say, get a lot of enjoyment by having erotic images in your mind as you write. Some of those images may be of the impact your story is having on your imagined reader.

I had similar images when writing the first story I submitted to the site. But my story was submitted in the Loving Wives category. I note that you have not yet written a Loving Wives story.

As I said, if the reader also enjoys the story you enjoyed writing, that is a bonus. Sometimes that bonus is presented to the author via a reader's comment. But sometimes those readers' comments shatter the image you had of readers enjoying the eroticism you presented them with in your story.

Those who comment on Loving Wives stories rarely comment on the eroticism written into the story. Their interests lie elsewhere.

Athalia, you might like to take it on as a challenge. Try submitting a LW story and see if your imagined reader reaction is reflected in the commentary. It would be fun to try.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Thank you,dear lady, for the first sensible critique of this whole genre. You must be a retired professor of English. Bravo! The Godfather

FASfanFASfanover 7 years ago
Thank you, Athalia

This was a fascinating exploration of the whole subject of erotica, and most welcome. I don't have the skill with words that luedon possesses, but I agree with every word he or she has said.

An excellent and thoughtful piece of work, well worth five stars. Again, thank you.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 7 years ago
Yes, it was good for me

Your essay made several interesting points. We, your readers, every one is different, but we're rocked by some titillating text you've written, and we're taken to a sexual peak.

Isn't it provocative that words on a page or screen can cause that? Sexual odors, tastes, or other signals can drive other species to desire sex, but a few words on a page can cause my fingers to wander to places where I wouldn't want them seen in public.

Perhaps the human species took over the planet because they are so easily aroused to have sex (not to mention intelligence and and an opposable thumb).

There isn't enough time or space here to discuss all the ramifications you've discussed in your essay, but I want to make love to you, too.

ReefBeachReefBeachover 7 years ago
Exactly

You've put into words the approach I always try and take. I'm always thinking, do I want to be my characters? Have I respected them as people? Have I made love to them?

You've made me realise, I'm thinking that about my readers too!

ElectricBlueElectricBluealmost 7 years ago
Agree this

Good insight here Athalia - yes, my aim is to get women wet and men hard. The first requires more subtlety and seduction I think; we men are simpler beasts, respond more quickly and move on. I especially want women to come back and find the sweet spots, again.

yukonnightsyukonnightsover 5 years ago
A Nice Lesson

Not only is this a wonderful thank you note to your readers, it is a great lesson for those of us who take up the pen and try to write our own flirtatious exposure of ourselves. Thank you for writing this, I will always remember it as I try to seduce those unseen admirers to join me for a journey into a place where all things are possible.

ScarelttScarelttabout 4 years ago
Love the thought...

That’s was a fun read. I always want to crawl into the mind of a writer. This was a fun trip. I also love the idea of our minds making love.

SirTasksAlotSirTasksAlotover 3 years ago
Mental game

It's equal parts fantasy and reality that you seek; what we seek. What I call a *mind-fuck! Great job of infusion!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My heart nearly stopped

Reading through this and making love to you was the best. I really did feel appreciated and loved, even if you don't know me. So thank you for that... I will be reading this again, sometime when I'm feeling too lonely.

Quinn_McMullenQuinn_McMullenover 2 years ago

Thank you Athalia. This is precisely why I write. I try to write a story like I make love - teasing the reader, building them up, edging them, then pushing them over the edge into orgasm.

mandywoodsmandywoodsover 2 years ago

Well said Athalia. I don't think I could have said it better. I just realized that in all my stories, I am doing exactly what you just said. I am always trying to make love with my reader even if it is the raunchiest sex ever!

Thank you!!

DarkAurther6969DarkAurther6969over 1 year ago

Wow that was Not Only Very Creative and at the same time it Gets your Point Across, but also just by this Article Alone it was a Turn On.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous