All Comments on 'Roscoe'

by Writewinger

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 6 years ago
A good one.

Fun story, Thank you writer!

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Jody the bane soldiers worldwide

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Wow

Brutal sense of humor. She better hope he read to the end of that letter before he ripped it to pieces.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

another cocksucking WIMP posting dumb cuck SHIT.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 6 years ago
Hell of a thing to do...

...to someone e you claim to love. This may make a good twist for your story, but in reality, it's just plain cruel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Iffy

This story needs a follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
why Roscoe?

Bringing in racial undertones.

How would he find out by accident if roscoe was history when he retuned.

I get the author's intent for humor but not so funny for those long five minutes til punchline

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Lighten up commenters

This was a cute story. The letter _could_ be read as totally innocent on the wife's part and not a cruel joke. The only reason you thought Roscoe was a guy is the website. Look at the category for Pete's sake!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Where was the funny? Oh wait, at the end.

If you post a story in this category, kinda not waiting for laughs. If you want the laughs at the end for a story like this, put it in Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Go to hell!

I actually suspected it! She was a bit too honest with him and I knew!

Richie4110Richie4110almost 6 years ago
Well Done

Loved your treatment Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Cute Story. Unfortunately

I don't believe the ending. While I was away on a 6-month tour of duty (that was supposed to be 8), my wife was having sex with every so-called friend I had. A friend who waitressed at a bar close to my house, got my address and wrote me a short letter so I would know what I was coming home to. I went straight to the bar, arriving about 8:30 pm, and finding my wife sitting at a table, hugging one so-called friend while another snaked his hand up under her skirt and several more cheered them on. But when a few finally recognized me, you could have heard a pin drop.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Any Solder's Spouse Knows

You don't even joke about fidelity while your mate is on deployment.

Discussions and agreements may come before the solder leaves, and revelations upon their return, but it can easily be a death sentence for the one deployed get any news that upsets the understanding about what should be happening back at home.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 5 years ago

Sorry but for me (Vietnam Vet) it's a 1*. I saw too many guys swallow a barrel when they got to this line --- "First of all, honey, and this is very important, I want you to know that Roscoe is no threat to you or our marriage."

Some of you might find this story quaint/funny but for us that have been there (and for him +21months) the only thing that keeps us going is knowing SHE is waiting for YOU and ONLY YOU. To even joke around like this - well you can see what the locker got.

She is one damn dumb bimbo, but she will never understand. Until she's been under mortar fire, as war is 360 3-D not 2-D TV - turn off the tube and go to a comfy bed.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

A twist.......

It funny tho

2/5

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 3 years ago
damn, that's cruel!

***

SouthdownSouthdownalmost 3 years ago

I fully expected a 'You'll be a cuck when you get home" story. It went from 'Dear John' to 'April Fool John' but that is very little consolation and Roscoe may or may not be only a viabrator! I fully believe and agree... You don't even joke about fidelity while your mate is on deployment. Being shot at and bombed on a daily basis must take a serious toll on a person, I'm glad I have been spared it. Good tale, well told. apart from the aforementioned cruel plot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

NOT FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a Bitch

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

This kind of humor is really not very funny. You all seem to forget or downplay that we are professionally trained killers and most of us are armed. When I was in the military (16yrs), I never heard of one wife who ever sent that kind of torture letter. Serving military personnel on foreign duty get to be pretty scary after about six months in the field. People have been killed for less provocation. Don't forget about PTSD, especially in active war/terrorist situations. Nobody returns from that kind of carnage without some serious baggage.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

I agree with the man below.

We're not a wise sympathized men are put in a position or it's killer be killed and killing becomes almost 2nd nature sending letter like that to someone ravidio like that some one could be catastrophic.

They may go right off the deep end not finished later and see the punch line and when to get home kill everybody involved and it has happened.

These kinds of stories seem funny initially but if you've been in a combat situation and seen other guys get these kind of letters only for real and there really is something going on you wouldn't think it funny very long.

In Vietnam I flew with a guy who got a dear John letter such as this when it was for real and 2 days later he was dead because he was distracted.

The woman sent that letter was essentially guilty of homicide.

rfnks2002rfnks2002over 2 years ago

What a bitch, try to take it in a good way but when you get home file for the big D for mental cruelty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nicer twist. AA batteries! Great.

Ed

Carnes8004Carnes8004almost 2 years ago

A long time ago, I read that after WWII, soldiers who survived the war were surveyed was to what they believed was the main things that helped them survive that war. 1st) Ammo, so they could kill before being killed. 2nd) Water, to replace what fluids they lost. 3rd) Mail, as long as they knew their families were fine, they could stay focused on there mission and get back home to them. 4th) Food. The knowledge that everything was fine with loving parents, wives, and children waiting for them, outweighed their need to eat.

As an Army Veteran of 22 years, and an Operation Desert Storm Veteran, I can only wonder the saying "What was she thinking? " if at all. Fiction, or not, there are too many of us ODS vets that, even with help, return to those days of sand and the temps of 120, 130, and higher days. Blessings to all my brothers (includes sisters).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Mean on her part BUT CLEVER STORY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This kind mindless prank gets guy who fight killed. I've seen it happen as have many others who have served.

She needs a serious relatity check shake up when he gets home. This constitutes mental cruelty in its most mindless form.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

I almost passed this up but chose to read the comments. Great story with a nice ending twist. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING FLAMING STARS! And a well deserved thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The cruel bitch thinks she’s funny?!? I bet he can think of lots of “funny things” too!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Only a jackass who has never served or been to war would write something so stupid.

goodshoes2goodshoes29 months ago

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Who would write a letter to a soldier like that? You are one sick SOB for writing this story. It was NOT humorous.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Saw it coming. Four stars. I don't fault her for writing this letter, because she came clean in the same letter, actually after another paragraph or two. Now, if sha had let him stew until the next letter, that would have been exceptionally cruel.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

By the way for the critics, I am a Nam VET., so I have been there.

JPB

pjpbpjpbabout 2 months ago

3/5

Idea well fit for 750, 2000 too long to deliver the punchline

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous