All Comments on 'Dear Doctor Dan'

by danoctober

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ha!

With what he saw posted on Facebook, I would have done the same thing as the boyfriend. Her father and mother could even see it. If she was engaged, why was she out letting some guy play grab ass with her? Everything is perception. Doesn't matter if you're innocent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@ anon re:Ha

She is better off without that stupid guy. They were together for years and he wouldn't even give her a chance to explain? That is so petty. Even when a group of friends explained what happened? Her boyfriend was an immature asshole. So what if it was posted on Facebook? Both the boyfriend and her parents really showed they are nothing more than racist.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years agoAuthor
There will no follow up on this story.

This story came about from a conversation I overheard in a restaurant a few weeks ago between a couple of young women. The only part that is true is one of the girls was dancing with a co-worker at a club while she was waiting for her boyfriend. He saw her dancing with a black guy who had his hand on her bum, walked up to her and asked her if she was having a good time. Basically they broke up over the incident. I took that conversation and made a story out of it.

As for a follow-up to this letter? I don't have a clue how someone could fix this. I originally was going to post this in the L/W's section, but they weren't married and I made this story in the form of a letter. Like a 'Dear Abby' letter. And though I won't do a follow-up to this letter, I could see this as a beginning to a Dear Doctor Dan series.

If you check out my profile, please check out my favourites. I have mostly L/W's authors but also to Sci-fi authors too. I believe these are some of the finest writers on this Literotica. I cannot praise these very talented people enough who have shared their talent as story tellers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
If her fiance was there....

Would she still act the same way with Jason?? And if she did??

Would Jason act the same??

*Pay attention to what you are doing.*

A nice little story....bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyable little cautionary tale

Enjoyed the story greatly. A cautionary tale about what can happen when everyone and their mothers have a smart phone. Nothing is private anymore. Come on, danoctober, you have to write a sequel! --JRZ

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Obviously Brian was a racist, not mention an immature child. She is lucky to lose him as he is the jealous, controlling type that would eventually either beat her, out of jealousy, or make her life miserable looking over her shoulder. Her parents were also shown as racists as well. There are guy’s out there that don’t look at their wives as property but equals who they trust. Would I be upset if I saw those pics and video probably a little but would overreact like this asshat did. I would have ask her about and talked to her friends and even the guy. After hearing their side would have realized it was a mistake and let it go. That’s what an adult would do.

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
Oh he was automatically racist..

TImriv shut up you fucking spineless wimp seriously . She was fucking around , maybe she didn't fuck the guy but its close enough that most would call it off. Kinda funny how he gets called racist, but in my experience those who claim racism are more racist themselves.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This Story

Is crying out for another chapter. Start off with Brians point of view. Will they ever get back together.

What of her dumb assed so called friends.

I'd love to know. But please don't go down the RAAC route. Let her see what an idiot she was. And how stupid things can have huge repercussions.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
If

this story were reversed, everyone would be screaming dump her if she won't listen to his side of the story. So, she should write him a letter saying nothing happened but you won't listen or consider my side so I feel like I dodged a bullet by getting rid of you. Adios.

c24jc24jover 5 years ago

Final days as a bachelor or bachelorette the parties can be pretty wild at time. Girls and guys dance, get wild, sometimes with strippers. That's what those final, single days are all about in many cases.

Timriv and Schwanze were both correct, and they present a reasonable view in my opinion.

Tragically, there are still many people (especially in certain regions) who have superficially thrown off the appearance of racism, but harbor deep down resentments, and when they surface, it's often ugly. The embedded, hidden racism can sometimes make its presence known in the form of those ridiculous sayings like 'going black and not going back' and other such bullshit . . . The same sorts of crap has been thrown at various religions and nationalities (or other 'different'-in-some-way people), as being better lovers, dancers, more seductive, what have you.

Some of the statements by Anony's and a other commenters here stand as evidence of this ingrained bias, which, I fear, is often goes hand-in-hand with misogyny.

I agree that Tina has dodged a bullet. Brian is a racist, probably sexist control freak with a closed mind . . . a very dangerous combination. She needs to get away from him, and their families, and start dating secure, intelligent men who do have a clue, and are capable of truly loving another rather than just seeing them as 'property'.

I'm afraid Brian and his ilk will continue rot in the swamps of hatred they've chosen to inhabit. Hopefully someday they'll get a clue, grow-up, and crawl out . . . but sadly, often they don't.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
She got caught holding hands with the moron

When they supposedly were going to explain what happened. Her own friends saw what they were doing and called her on it. Two and more importantly He had his hand on her ass, shes engaged or whatever thats a nono and she didnt make him move it immediately so im sorry but the shes a victim deal doesnt wash, As for being a woman hater nope i dont, but like being a man its not something you automatically get because of the body parts you have or age, you earn that by how you act, etcetera and shes a girl at best. Did he overreact im not so sure. Dan says this is based on a discussion he overheard, i wonder how it played out after a bit for the two involved in that situation

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pure bullshit.

Too depressing for my taste. Just a one of nothing. You have no imagination as a writer. Don't post any more. 1 star. If I could give you a negative I would.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dan just used the facts of a story he overheard.

And in that story, the guy dancing with the fiancée of another man was black.

I don't recall any derogatory comments made about the guy in this story just because he was black, so I don't know how anyone can call Brian a racist. We don't really know anything about what Brian was thinking, only his fiancee. But if race played any part in his thinking, it would have been because of the social media comments that were posted on the pictures, which implied that his fiancee had been been looking for a little strange, and would end up judging Brian against the black man. That might have made him feel worse, but really, unless you're a guy with cuckold tendancies, any other guy would feel the same about any man, regardless of his color, who put his hands on his fiancées ass, and his fiancée who let it happen.

People are quick to judge Brian for leaving her. Like notredame43, I'm not so sure. Brian may be the one who dodged a bullet. How many times have I read stories here of men whose girlfriends or finances cross a line or cheat and are taken back, only to have it happen again, years later, when their finances are intertwined and there are children at stake.

The fiancée and the rest of the women were all too immature, in that they drank too much, danced suggestively with the wrong person, didn't have their friend's back, or didn't even think anything was wrong with what the fiancee had done. I am a woman who has certainly gone out only with my female friends to places, but never a "girls' night out", which apparently involves going to places where alcohol is served and dancing with strange men. From what I've read here, doing so is just a tragedy waiting to happen. Smart women won't make themselves vulnerable and risk their relationships by indulging in this fashion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Comment by Anonymous 12/12/17 said it all.

This story really bugged me when I finished it. Was Tina's fiance racist? After reading the comments I wasn't so sure he wasn't, but after I read the comment posted 12/12/17 I came to the same conclusion. Wouldn't matter if the guy dancing with her was black or white. Here's the very insightful comment that had me thinking her fiance wasn't racist.

"If her fiancé was there....Would she still act the same way with Jason?? And if she did?? Would Jason act the same??"

Playing grab ass with a co-worker on the dance floor a little before getting married was a big no-no. Those pictures on Facebook were a form of public humiliation for her fiance. And her father was right. When a man puts a ring on a woman's finger, he expects the simply consideration of respect. Most of all publicly.

She fucked up really bad. Even if the guy had been a white she was dancing with, the public humiliation on Facebook seen by all his friends would be too much. Tina may of had too much to drink, but she put herself in that situation. Even without those effects around the pictures, she was busted. No one plays grab ass with someone they first meet and dance with.

Who would want to marry a young woman playing grabbed ass on the dance with another guy shortly before getting married? If you wouldn't behave like that with your fiance there, why would you do it when he is not?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Already said reiterate

You drink and do dancing with anyone and too close and ass grabbing it's on you

Don't allow anything you would not do if he was there

Being drunk and stupid no excuse

logins forgetful. Johntwheels@aol

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
LOL....

Dan is better off without Tina! Let's face it, Tina has got to be one really stupid woman! Not one decision she made was anything But Stupid! Dan or any man would be better off putting alot of distance between themselves and Tina!

Virgo6Virgo6about 4 years ago
Dear Tina

Sorry it has taken so long to respond. You have a very delicate , but not hopeless situation. You apparently, hurt your boyfriends’ pride. Social media and peer pressure did almost as much damage as you. Your only hope is to use social media, to restore his pride somehow. I don’t know him so you will have to figure that out. Use common friends , but no direct contact. Time will help, but you will have to ask your self if you want to invest the time it will take to possibly fix this . Best of luck Dan. Sorry , I could not resist a half assed reply to this . I liked the situation this was based off of too , good job ,

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleabout 4 years ago
good little story BUT

one that begs for a reply from Dear Dan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Anonymous 12/12/19 Yes

Drinking and dirty dancing

You crossed the line

Dumb

jtwheels

ro707ro707over 1 year ago

Yo Tina that you? You wuz wild.

Hope we can bang one out to some lil nas X.

(/heavy sarcasm)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You leave these stories open ended there needs to be some sort of closure

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdanoctober@danoctober
384 Followers
Wow! What a time to be alive. Hope everyone passing by has everything going their way, with all good and no bad. Positive vibes from me to you.