All Comments on 'Four Year Itch 02'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 129 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is almost worse than the first. Bill is still a runaway coward but because Joan effectively crawls back to him (when she ha s effectively really not done anything wrong but told him of a stupid proposition that she had not then pursued). Bill showed passive aggressiveness in the extreme. It the author's story.

What is never explained in these runaway husband stories is that they are really running away from their total life - extended family, friends (I assume they have some) and work. What idiot does that especially to a place where they no noone and generally would have no idea of the work prospects. I see them as worse than cucks. Can't face any problems thrown at them - total cowards.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

Every marriage needs discussion. When he walked out, when he ABANDONED his wife instead of talking, he abrogated his responsibilities. He forced her to degrade and demean herself for a man who couldn’t even have a fucking conversation.

As far as I’m concerned, she would be better off without this controlling, mentally abusive dude.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 2 years ago

I’m usually not much for ‘choose your ending’ multiple choice endings. They feel like the writer couldn’t commit to a plot, and, as a reader, I’m left with a muddled response to the story. I like this one though. I like this version of Joan a lot better, and feel like she’s a more realistic picture of a good spouse that almost stepped off the precipice, but managed to step back….or maybe that’s my own idealistic wishful thinking. Anyway, thanks. In the end, I liked both stories.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Good, but I’m disappointed that he didn’t settle with Jake for trying to ruin his marriage.

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

***That was short. Thanks anyway for the read. AGAIN!!

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
His Mother needed to pay a price for her betrayal.

Just not sure what Yet

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bill was still a dick running of like a little bitch cos wifey dared to ask a question.

What happens if joan has a miscarriage while going for child 2?

What if one of them gets really ill?

Bill obviously isn't ready for a relationship.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

I liked this one better. Not because it is a RAAC story, but because it seemed more "fleshed out". There was a bit more "meat" to this one, IMHO.

kencorokencoroover 2 years ago

"Guys come on to her all the time. Maybe this one was really good at it." "At least she asked. She said she wouldn't do it if you said no."

That's a bad excuse from mother. She should've assured her son that his wife already understood that such thought is wrong to begin with.

-

The problem is wife went straight away asking for permission. That's how her husband knows her affair have gone far enough that she considers going all the way.

That's why I understood his anger. Her instant apology won't stop him right away and the story point out his argument.

-

I'm very against extramarital sex. However, how should a seduced wife approach her husband with the issue without escalating to anger or domestic violence(I'm joking)?

My suggestion, bring it up as a talking point rather than straight away asking for permission. Also away from bed(after sex) where it will show how obvious she is as using sex to win the issue.

-Example, while watching TV, "Ayyyy husband, I read something about extra-marital sex earlier. What's your opinion on that? Bad, good?"

Whatever her husband replied or argue about, she should interpret it as the answer.

If husband argues against extra-marital sex, scrap the thought.

If husband says maybe, further the discussion to understand more his thought. If it aligns with her objective, then slowly bring the proposal up for discussion, but not right away. Still it have to be much earlier than the same week of the proposed affair.

-

And this is NOT RAAC. This reconciliation makes sense. RAAC is bad reconciliation. The first story is not btb too.

Feoalex81Feoalex81over 2 years ago

Emotional cheating is real weather people like to say it isnt

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mom needs a bitch slappin’ What kind of mother is not 100% in their own child’s corner?

She probably fucked around on Bill’s dad.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Is this a revision to the first story?

If so, it shouldn't be chapter 2.

It should have been titled Four Year Itch --Another Ending.

For that I have to give it a lower rating.

The writing was so bland.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Never change a winning team - the same goes for good stories!

OdiouserOdiouserover 2 years ago

This is a classic example of how people misinterpret the label 'Loving Wives. The Lit.com people mean for that to convey women who love loving, in or out of a marriage and 'extramarital sex' is their mantra. Yet the commentators invariably go ballistic and get frenzied in their insistence that the cheating spouse gets fried. In this case, even tho she had just THOUGHT about it and ASKED PERMISSION. It is amazing how many people (mostly male) who in the 21st century still believe that a marriage license means the MAN OWNS his wife's body and even her natural thoughts. The Bill depicted here is a cave man and it is a sad story because she gives him another try, He is a pig.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was foolish of Holly to speak to Joan about her attraction to Bill. She is the owner of the company, not a fellow employee, and her feelings are now a legitimate cause for concern. If unrequited they could easily turn to bitterness and anger over time. If shared they could harm the already strained marriage. Bill needs to find other employment.

I agree with others that the story suffers because Jake pays no price for the disrespect he showed to Bill and their marriage. At a minimum, Bill should call Jake's wife and ask her for some pointers about successful open marriages like hers. I suspect she would be unpleasantly surprised to hear that her marriage is not monogamous. Oops...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked it. I can live with BTB and reconciliation. Just enjoy the stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@Feoalexi81....You said "Emotional cheating is real weather." Partly cloudy with a chance of teardrops?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree it was emotional cheating plus that kiss crossed a line. The raac came too fast and i would hold off on kids. Thought hecwould do something with the sexy boss.

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Not bad, flows better than the first version. Interesting to see how the site is almost used as a sounding board for various iterations, but when the story's this short, can't complain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

changing the assumptions (in part 1 she had gone with the lover for the weekend and in this one she lived as a nun) turns this in a different story. I would like to see how you could get the RAAC.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

I think the reconciliation in this part was ok. My only problem was Jake wasn't dealt with and is being allowed to prey on other married women.

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

In a general sense I find the fear that "will he/she be better than me in bed ridiculous" . Why not worry if previous boyfriend's were better, hate to tell you but some of them were. She doesn't marry you for the size of your dick. If you can ring here chimes that is only part of the reason a woman marries a man. Same goes for men, rarely do you marry the best fuck you ever had, simply because they are usually crazy!!! Crazy chicks are the best in the sack but most definitely not wife material. Just my thoughts and that LW trope.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 2 years ago

4* not as good as the first. not b/c it was a RAAC, I though the first was a better story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@Odiouser

Why don't you go back to writing incest stories, you miserable degenerate.

Your indulgence into taboo such as incest already disqualifies you from discussing about moral.

NO ONE REQUESTS the cheating spouse gets fried within this story comments. You are making up non-existing arguments.

-AnonHateIncestAuthors

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Whackdoodle, did she discuss it with her husband before the Jake's proposal or after?

When husband asked about her worries, didn't she dismissed it as a work issue?

It seems that you're bent on making the wife a victim here.

Didn't she degrade and demean herself already by entertaining Jake?

_

Odiouser, civilized men doesn't share their wives. If you don't want spouses to carry that responsibility, don't get married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No. Doesn't work for me. The deal-breaker is Bill's personality. BTB or RAAC, makes no difference. Yes, his behavior is the standard BTB trope: shut down and run away. Yes, this is supposed to be him acting like a 'real man', and all I can see is emotional immaturity.

Of course, the set-up is also a BTB trope. A not-too-bright woman and an emotionally insecure man. That's quite the universe these people are inhabiting.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

The narrative is still clunky at the beginning with a lot of single thought, simple sentences strung together. My instincts tell me Bill shouldn't have "run away" in either story, but upon reflection, you never gave us a good description of who Bill was as a person. In this version, you never let the couple have the discussion of how did it start with Jake, how far did it go, that kind of thing. Both are not some of you better efforts, but worth 4*.

Rw43Rw43over 2 years ago

When we are young and married, we all do stupid things that hurt our partner and, ultimately, our relationship. The biggest part of maturity is responding to offenses in a measured way--not ending the relationship just because the other person acknowledged being titillated by the thought of stepping out.

Bill might be a good guy, but if he wants to be married to a woman who is never tempted to stray, he needs a paper doll to call his own.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Jake gets away free from punishment in both versions. Whether BTB or RAAC, Jake needs his downfall.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Still too much like a police report, seemed like there was more dialog, which is good, though the dialog was kind of stilted.

\

Not a RAAC, she never actually cheated. I think he fell to easily into the reconciliation.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

I knew there was a reason why ODIOUSER stories always suck shit. His comment here that this is all the husbands fault.... THAT THE WIFE DID NOTHING WRONG.... says a lot

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Okay I would accept this, maybe. The doubt and trust would take years to overcome. But I can see this couple staying together. But as for jake? Definitely he would face consequences.

SkubabillSkubabillover 2 years ago

I admit I liked part 1 better but this one was pretty good too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@odiouser While I dont agree with the conversation not being had. I think walking out was immature. But youre assumption that men think the own her body isnt the case. Its not own. And its not the woman or the man. NEITHER should ask that question in a marriage. You just made it about men and women cause men are pigs to you. Instead of recognizing the disgust in the question from either party in a marriage. You made it about the gender of the unforgiving. It would be equally as wrong coming from him. And I bet if she had the exact same response to him asking for a hall pass, you would call him the pig for asking.

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed both stories. Job well done. Thank you.

AbctoyAbctoyover 2 years ago

Good Loving Wife read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Odious is symptom of the permissive new age thinking that has lead to the explosion of moral terpitude in today's society. Biblically speaking, in a marriage a man DOES own his wife's body just as she owns his. When either gives away what belongs to their spouse, is shows a disregard, disrespect and contempt for the vows made. End of marriage. That's why I loved the 1st part so much. Bill's reaction was exactly as it should be. Even her asking met all the rationale discussed in both parts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The problem with this story is that the restoration of trust isn't in the least convincing. Moreover, the mother's intervention is ridiculous. Only in LW world a mother react like that. IRL any intelligent adult's conclusion would be that "Joan" is far too immature to be married and that starting a family with her would be an unacceptable risk. Re: Odiouser's comment. Here we have museum quality example of late 20th and early 21st Century delusional thinking about marriage and family. But, this is LW after all, and it attracts more than a few flakes and outliers.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

Anonymous about 5 hours ago

This is almost worse than the first. Bill is still a runaway coward but because Joan effectively crawls back to him (when she ha s effectively really not done anything wrong but told him of a stupid proposition that she had not then pursued).

Your logic is as screwed up as your life apparently. If she had not asked and not done it, it could have stayed just a fantasy for her to think about like she did. If she had just gone and done it without asking, he may have gone postal when she came back home. By taking off (in this case) he had time to contemplate his response.

I see them as worse than cucks. Can't face any problems thrown at them - total cowards.

I see you need to read and learn learn what a cuck is, even though we can all assume that you are one.

Whackdoodle about 5 hours ago

Every marriage needs discussion. When he walked out, when he ABANDONED his wife instead of talking, he abrogated his responsibilities. He forced her to degrade and demean herself for a man who couldn’t even have a fucking conversation.

Dude, how do you have a discussion with someone who just told you she wanted to go away for the weekend with another guy? Let's say he did have that discussion and he blew up or she said the wrong thing, one or both could have ended up in the hospital or jail. Get real Wack.

26thNC about 5 hours ago

Good, but I’m disappointed that he didn’t settle with Jake for trying to ruin his marriage.

Maybe he still will.

I wish everyone would have looked at both stories and read the same thing I did, where Holly made her big mistake (other than listening to Jake in the first place), was she brought up the subject just after they had great sex. What was he suppose to do but assume she was thinking about the other guy the whole time. Holly's if you say no, I won't do it is a straw man answer, next time she just wouldn't ask.

KRD19254KRD19254over 2 years ago

Mia-titled, but still a nice RAAC. She fumbled the ball but picked it up for a field goal. She never went any further than asking while totally miss-reading the defense in their short marriage. She learned her lesson and won the game capping it with a touchdown named Mary.

/

Both stories as written are plausible, only Joan's actions determined which game was played. Bill should consider a post-nup defining the penalties for any infidelity(s) protecting himself and all future kids since she had nearly stepped over the line.

/

Issue I have in this story, is the predator-seducer Jake got off with no penalty(s). Bill needs to set a condition of reconciliation, Joan must write a letter to Jake's wife explaining what Jake almost did and how. Let Jake's wife do as she must but with knowledge. Joan would also be required to go to the law firm HR and file a sexual harassment against Jake with her resignation, for record - not seeking $$$. The Firm needed to know that Jake is a liability, predator.

/

4* due to the Jake miss, Hooyah

phill1cphill1cover 2 years ago

Actually, this story just seems more reasonable. She didn't carry out her plan. People get attracted to other people. It's being human. Should she get divorced because of it? I don't think so.

Stop making guys the victims. Attractions happen all the time. If a man doesn't get his fair share, it's probably something he should work on, not something to whine about or wish revenge against someone.

1959richard21959richard2over 2 years ago

That's an accomplishment, you included human beings in a story. Congratulations 👏👏🎊.

*

*

*

*

AMerryman

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

There’s a RAAC “ crowd”?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Needs a new mom and wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Odiouser, how many married men go up to their wives, and ask permission to have extramarital sex with some hot piece that’s been coming onto them. Probably an incredibly small number. Even smaller is the number that would still have their cocks attached. Pride is a unisex feeling, being considerate of your significant other is the bare minimum. Everyone wants the security of a marriage without the dedication it requires, fostering that connection takes time and energy. Playing around and chasing pussy/dick takes time and energy. We have a limited amount of both. Decide what you want, but don’t warp society just because you’re greedy, seems selfish.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 2 years ago

I liked part 1 ok gave it 4 stars, waiting for part 2. Unfortunately your story changed between the 2 parts. In 1 you said She did go with Jake for the weekend, but only got no special sex out of it, This part says she never went with Jake and they never talked again. Makes it hard to give a high mark without consistency I guess I kind of have a passion for these stories and I like well thought out results. Still gave it a 4, but could have been a 5...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

First, some improvement in having more actual conversation. Still needs more, but not quite as “dry”.

.

Second, not a lot you can do given the characters you gave us: another idiot female and a guy so rigid and boring with a hair trigger temper. The difference here was that unlike in version #1, Joan did NOT go off with Jake after Bill bolted. And then she tracked Bill down and pleaded her case. OK.

.

What she sees in Bill is a mystery. Why he wants such a ditz is as well. Maybe they live happily ever after.

.

Gave Ver One 3 “weak” ***s. This one gets 3 “strong” stars, in respect of more conversation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

liked it keep writing

Equals87Equals87over 2 years ago

I would have to rethink my relationship with my mother. It’s okay to ask him to give her another shot but to go behind his back would be unacceptable.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Bill suffers from lower self-esteem than his wife. Obviously, he didn't think enough of himself, his wife or their marriage to FIGHT for his wife, their marriage, their love. In a passive-aggressive fit of pique he ran away.

.

On LW, this story works, especially as originally written. However, in the real world, good people do stupid things for ridiculous reasons, and their actions are often incongruent with their beliefs and true feelings. People don't run on instinct like a salmon who swims home to breed or bears who hibernate or birds that migrate. Our free will and unconscious motivations doesn't run in those predictable channels, so we either kill each other over every little slight or we learn to forgive, grow and move forward.

.

The story was decent, but Bill's actions were.... different. I applaud OP for writing this version, but I feel like the change and reconciliation should've began when his wife broached the subject of the free pass. He should've been glad that she ASKED, which showed that her predatory paramour was out of options for his planned seduction. Plus, her initial refusal to cheat at least showed she wasn't totally bereft of conscience or feeling. Hell, a boat with a leak ain't sunk until it's on the bottom.

.

4/5.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice99over 2 years ago

Much better story. It still bother me that the craven coward needs to run away. If there is another family crisis not sex related will he run away again Marriage is still headed toward major problems

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

It’s funny how many of the feminist and the cuckold lovers crowd complain about what constitutes a man. How would any of you know. You aren’t men, you’re women in boxer shorts. The husband did what worked for him. She asked and got slapped in the face. ( not physically) A lot didn’t like it and it pisses a lot of the WACC and whores are us crowd off. GET OVER YOURSELF

GrimmerGrimmerover 2 years ago

Great plot. Decent characters. Read more like an article than a story.

PeelercrabPeelercrabover 2 years ago

Asking is as bad as doing. So dumb to do it. She reaped exactly what she sowed. Extreme unhappiness.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

I can go with the new ending, but i still think leaving the scene to go to Mountain City was dumb.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

4. I really liked it but it moved at breakneck speed, didn't give the story time to really have an impact. It to me feels more like a outline of a story then a complete story. Still enjoyable just wish it had been spread out more but thats a complaint I had about the original. Both have interesting premises with interesting characters but could benefit from a longer story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Two interesting takes on the "one time hall pass request". His reaction was pretty weird, though. At one point in both stories, my thought was for her to file for divorce since he left her. And the rest of his life is a string of failed relationships because he doesn't know how to handle conflict. His next wife spends $500 on some shoes, is embarrassed and hides it from him. He finds out and realizes he can't trust her and he's off again to a new town and new job. And so on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Now...

...the realistic version where he stays or comes back......but relationship never the same. Write that with believable Characters and dialogue and you'll have written a superior story. What is intriguing here is the hurt and loss....the burning or reconciliation is low hanging fruit. It's the in-between where the story really lies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

First story was fine. Second story was fine too. Not better, not worse. About the same, 3 stars.

For some guys the very question is a pretty clear demonstration she is not faithful and has already gone well beyond lines that should not be crossed. So to some, the time for fighting FOR her is past. Then the question is a matter of exit strategy. Do you stick around for awhile and fight WITH her trying to sort out the truth from lies and monitor behavior? Or do you move on at a pace you are comfortable with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed this much more than the other one. So glad Joan didn't sleep with Jake and reconciled with her husband. It never rang true for me that Bill left her so quickly and completely in the BTB story. Or that she slept with Jake even after her husband left her. This version was definitely more believable. And I love happy endings. Thank you!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

I liked this version. In the previous one,. Joan seemed totally brain dead. She was a little more believable in this one and I found it mostly entertaining.

Thank you.

The only thing that still feels undone, is giving old Jake back a little bit of pain in the form of bringing his wife up to speed and maybe informing his company about his sexual harassment.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I wouldnt call that a RAAC ending. Yes the husband shouldnt have run off, he should have tossed her ass out.

Factually speaking the borderline cucks and those saying "At least she asked" have never had a real relationship that didnt have a cuck fantasy running underneath the little dicked crowds wimpy cranial region.

Any person, man or woman, would literally flip out if presented with the issue brought up here. Saying otherwise it disingenuous and is also being intellectually dishonest. After all the weak cuck minded here would find this 'erotic', to well reasoned, and mentally well balanced this type of thing would blow a marriage up. The spouse just learned their partner is willing to destroy their marriage for a bit of sex. Sorry kids, reality doesnt work the way you cucks/borderline cucks think it works.

Unless a spouse has done something really horrible or just been an all around worthless partner, there is no need to "fight" for that marriage, the person who needs to fight for it is the idiot trying to step outside it (yeah you arent as bright as you wish to portay yourselves kids), not to say there isnt any hope but clearly the mentally ill can't quite grasp how real humans work in the real world. And this is why so many here easily earn that knuckle dragger status, because you think your illness is how everyone and everything behaves, it doesn't, so stop making us laugh.

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 2 years ago
1 Star

Bad, but I’m pleased that he didn’t settle with Jake for trying to ruin his marriage.

-26thNC

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Wow, you write a good RAAC and the feminists and cucks still complain about the main male character! Sorry, dumbasses, just because you believe one way only does not mean the rest of us do... we are not all

" progressive " democrats!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Damn

Fuck this RAAC shit. She attempted cheating once and she'll do it again.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

L_P_N, the person who should be fighting for the marriage is the one who put it at risk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There is a vein of comments that run like this (quoting Legio as the example): "Bill suffers from lower self-esteem than his wife. Obviously, he didn't think enough of himself, his wife or their marriage to FIGHT for his wife, their marriage, their love. In a passive-aggressive fit of pique he ran away." This and the other "run away" comments are almost comical in their embrace of may be best described as shallow "Dr. Phil-ism".

In reality, here we have a wife who has engaged in utterly inappropriate flirting and discussions and some canoodling. Moreover, she has decided she'd like to fuck around and has developed a plan with the bastard, which she executes. The only point in her favor is that she appears not t go through with the fucking around she desires if her husband says "No." A number of commenters here seem to think that he profession that she won't fuck around if her husband is against it settles the matter and that the husband should stay and "work on the marriage". If these commenters were giving that advice to someone in exactly that situation in real life it would be a travesty because they are overlooking both the issue of risk and the extent to which the husband is risk averse. IRL, there is no "one size fits all" answer.

How the husband responds to the slut-in-waiting's "let me fuck around" proposal is in a very real sense an investment decision, one that involves the investment of his life. Financial investment decisions are a reasonably close analogy to the decision this husband faced. In making investment decisions, some investors are comfortable investing in Canadian penny mining stocks, others are comfortable only with blue chip investments, but most investors fall somewhere in between. Any of these investment approaches can be successful, but what leads different investors to different decisions is how they perceive the risk involved in the decision and how risk averse they are. For example, in the penny mining stock example, you many have an investor who believes he has done more than enough diligence to determine that the risk is not as great as others perceive, and he has a fairly high tolerance for risk. Others looking at the same facts and having the same or different risk tolerances may reach very different decisions.

In the case of the husband, while the wife "says" she won't do it if he says "no", it is beyond question that she has betrayed her husband through her actions leading up to her request, and the request itself shows she isn't 100% committed to her husband. If we leave aside the cucks and "swingers" here, no husband or wife should be put in the position the husband was put in by the wife. Nevertheless, a husband, like an investor, will have a perception of the level of risk involved in continuing the marriage and his own degree of risk aversion. For some husbands, the willingness of the wife not to do it if he says "no", along with other assurances, actions, and facts, could well, assuming a suitable level of risk aversion, lead him to stay in the marriage. Others would look at the situation and decide that the risk that the wife might have another slut attack after there are children makes continuation of the marriage untenable, and they would terminate the marriage as a bad investment of their lives. There really is no single right answer. To call a husband who doesn't want to roll the dice on staying with a woman who has already shown herself to be untrustworthy as someone who "runs away" is childish. He is just recognizing that her actions have introduced an intolerable degree of risk into the marriage and that he needs to cut his losses. Someone who goes in the opposite direction see the risk differently and has a high tolerance for risk. Different endings to the story can work, but the characters have to be developed well in order to make the husband's decision, whatever it is, plausible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So what happened to Jake the snake. He seems to have gotten off scot free. After all Bill has name, marital status and address.

Hopefully Bill put some real hurt on the snake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Odiouse, the only pig here is you. What the fuck is wrong with you. What you're saying is, it's her body and she can do whatever she wants with it. Fuck You. If she wants to fuck another man, she shouldn't bother getting married. I wouldn't have taken her back. You want to fuck another man, have at it, but you're not going to be my wife anymore. End of discussion. I know there is a reason I don't read your stories, you're one fucked up dude.

AstraSlayerAstraSlayerover 2 years ago

Nice story. Had read the original. Liked this better. I always like a good reconciliation story but not if the wife tries to rub it in the husband's face. Then it is full on BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Didnt enjoy this that much. It left me cold and detached with its stark sterility. I applaud husband's reaction. For those who call him a coward, would you have been happier if he slapped her around and neutered the boyfriend? Then he would have gone to jail. To paraphrase the title of an older story, once she felt the need to voice her desire out loud Bill was right, "She was already gone!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Before my wife died we visited her famous psychologist sister who had cabin on mountain with three nasty little spoiled dogs. We were encouraged to bring my 2 year old extremely large German German shepherd (as opposed to those slant backed American dogs.) Hery dogs harrassed my Bryn relentlessly, barking and nipping at his heels and coat. He just looked at me with tears in his eyes as I got up from the table to take him out and relieve some of his pain. Instead of keeping quiet, the shrew felt the need to say, "What's the matter with him? Is he a wuss?" Despite her being a psychologist and my wife's sister I turned and let her have it. "What would you have him do? He could swallow those little shits in one bite. Would that please you? I'm not giving you the chance to sick animal control on him. Anyone can see he is holding himself back, and is much more socially aware than you." I related this comment to explain to the ignorant, there are reasons the bigger and stronger might walk away, as Bill did. You can watch on Dateline every night what happens when the provoked dont make the same choice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This time around, a 4. Not that a RAAC couldn't make sense, but it felt a little rushed. The original got a 5 because while equally short, it felt complete. Other than being prime for a sequel, to see what would happen next for Bill. Holly in this version could have been that "next" - but here it defies credulity. A hot plumber? Not exactly an occupation filled with women. But at least this killed the need for a sequel, and since Joan chose not to exercise her option with Jake in this version, getting a second chance is reasonable. Though a dash and a pinch of "trust but verify" would have made this more fully-realized. And it wouldn't have had to take all that much time to do so.

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

@iameasel,

You should seek professional mental help.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
It took Bill +2 days to drive to Mountain City.

Why would Joan rent a car and drive 2 days? She’d fly to the nearest major city, and depending on the cost of a short hop commuter flight, take that then rent a car or use Lyft, or rent a car from that bigger airport and drive to Mountain City.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ok as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@etchiboy- stupid comments like yours are one of the reasons good authors hold back stories that the rest of us could enjoy. Out of the whole story Joan’s mode of transportation is what you bitch about? Damn, get a life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked the version where he divorced the untrustworthy wife, seemed more realistic and not so fairy tale.

lbeachamlbeachamover 2 years ago

If only real life was this straight forward. The divorce rate always between 40% or more each year. Mostly because of infidelity. Sin is the culprit, always lurking. Good story though. We need good stories to emulate and deliver hope.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Pretty sure Etch’s comment caused the author to laugh.

Preferred the first version but that’s me. I think he gives his mother a year’s break from contact with him then reevaluate.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 2 years ago
Better Than The ‘Hide Version’

What makes this version (mis-titled, should be 01.5) better than the original? Two things! First was a lot more dialogue after the ‘cut & paste’ identical first half of 4YI. Second, Hubby has a motorcycle!

What keeps this 2nd-half version earning a low score? Quick-Question to the rest of We-The-Readers … Have any of us WTR EVER seen a plumber who does not have either a full-size pick-up or a panel van? Can you imagine how he or she can do ANY plumbing without the tools and the materials? Demander must be in the tiny minority who has never had a plumbing issue serious enough to require a well-equipped (no, not ‘Jumbo Junk’) plumber … quickly!

Also, Hubby answers an help-needed-ad from a plumbing firm in a 50k person city that was 50 miles or more from where Hubby spent the night (still driving a rental car.) The firm is owned by a cute plumber. Hubby shows up and gets the job. If she (FP) needs help, she would be out herself, and working through a cell phone. In several days or weeks, FP has time to stay in her office to give a message to Hubby’s Sweetie, who MIGHT show up sometime. Sorry … the plumbing firm FP inherited from her Dad will collapse very soon! By-the-bye, Sweetie also drives to Mountain City in a rental car. Neither Hubby nor Sweetie owned a motor vehicle??? Probably cheaper, faster and easier to fly to Mountain City … neither seem to be encumbered by more possessions than clothes and toiletries. The milk is going to spoil in their fridge back home!

3*

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars and yes this is much better than the first version.

But there are still way too many holes in the story.

It needs a lot more details - especially about his job - more dialog about their reconciliation - his wife's new job - his boss telling the wife that she will be more than happy to take her husband away from her and how that will play out if he stays working for her, etc., etc., etc.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Rental cars, motorcycles...seriously? No car, no pickup, no van? No tools?. Damn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What makes it better? it pleases the closet cuckolds who wish they could have seconds.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

RAAC is DISRESPECT...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is not such a stretch in the raac spectrum. She was just stupid, gullible and completely lacking in common sense.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Okay this one didn’t suffer from lack of emotion. The problem is that Bill was strong enough to leaver her, and hurt enough to avoid all contact; then he gave in because she stalked and fucked him? Shocked that he even gave his address. He should have hung up on his mother for interfering, and had Joan served when she arrived at his office.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Closer to being a reconciliation at NO cost.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I commented after part 1 about that she asked this time & said she wouldn't go through with it if he said no. Seeing his hurt look... would there be a next time down the road? Would she then do her fling without asking permission? Bottom line, since nothing did happen & she left her world to join him, I liked this version better. (I'm a sucker for happy endings, but def not conciliation at any price.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

His mom is a bitch for interfering in his life and disrespecting his wishes. He's a wimp and deserves it when she fucks somebody else a few years down the road. He's a moron for having a kid with her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Joan should have offered Bill a hall pass with Holly, to make up for the hurt she caused him, which Bill being the upright guy he is would turn it down.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Still didn’t make sense.

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 2 years ago

Same shit different day...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fairy tale version. If a cunt says she wants to cheat with someone else, it's 100% guaranteed the bitch has already cheated or will with or without your permission. Bill deserves so much better.

Joan on the other hand is a vile wimpy cunt that needs to get cheated on, like she deserves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Joan is a cunt and deserves when Bill fucks someone else a few years down the road. Why would any man stay married to a pig like Joan is beyond me, woman like her are side bitches at best, that only deserve to be fucked then thrown back to the shit pile they came from.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Douchebag plants the seed of doubt and hets it to grow, woman obviously conflicted and realizes she fucked up. husband is a coward for running away instead of dealing with it then and there no matter the outcome.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous