All Comments on 'February: Karma comes Home'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
ReadyOneReadyOneover 2 years ago

Very nice and unique approach!

Too short. Let it go longer so more shite can fall on Mark after the trade to a new team...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story except I never heard of a safety that was 6'7", 305 lbs.

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

How to tell you don't watch the NFL, without saying you don't watch the NFL; a 6' 7" - 305 lb SAFETY?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great alternative view to a story that has been beat to death. I think the idea merited a little more length?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Funny

Now that was different. Funny and realistic. I could see that happening.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

6'7" 305lb. safety? That would be freak of nature. Noone like that has ever or will likely ever exist.

MordechaiJonesMordechaiJonesover 2 years ago

This is a nice companion piece to all the other stories. Interesting point of view.

sdc97230sdc97230over 2 years ago
Really tired of February stories, but...

How about instead of more February stories, a new series called "March" that piles ever growing heaps of karma on Linda and Marc...?

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 2 years agoAuthor

Okay, okay already! Mia culpa! I don't watch NFL or any sports in any sort of regular fashion. They aren't my thing! LOL! But you guys got the point, right? Big guy on the team clobbers the nefarious cad and bounder for suggesting that his wife was fair game! I should have checked with my son, he knows all about that sort of shit, but it was late at night and he lives 2 timezones east of me. BTW - written before Rams beat S.F.!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a competently assembled pile of words but it fails the originality test. Enough, already. This storyline is like a zombie; it just keeps coming back to life. Go think of something else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I like the way you took this. However, not really Karma to Marc. The trade saves the team some embarrassment and may save the coaches marriage. But for Marc he probably has a decent contract that will be paid out and the new team will surely give him some cash. He also gets new hunting grounds.

rfnks2002rfnks2002over 2 years ago

Ok now finish the story you got it going

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

3. An interesting side piece to the mixed back that is the Feb Sucks family of stories but unfortunately doesn't go anywhere, some football trading I guess with no pay off. I'd have probably bumped this up to a 4 if it had a proper ending seeing Marc winding up with some no name team in the middle of nowhere surrounded by players who don't take kindly to his antics. The bit of the other player attempted to give him a concussion and the monster truck guy are more interesting then what happened, I'd like to read the stories about them assuming they don't already exist. Still this has potential, why I gave it a 3, but you need to really run with it. Show the downfall of Marc, have his life and the life of those who helped him fall apart, really give the revenge so many have wanted against Marc in these stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked it :)

IainmoreIainmoreover 2 years ago

Do you to send him to the Rams? They made the Superbowl. Rewrite please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

6-7, 305 safety?! Whoa.

B3ndoverB3ndoverabout 2 years ago

6' 7" 305 lb safety? Ha ha ha!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

good twist on the original story

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

so where was the revenge?

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 2 years ago

This was really looking promising and then it just stopped. What the hell!

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Agreed with earlier comments. Don't see much revenge here other than broken car.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would endorse with a number of the previous comments. This was a bit of build up and then it just abruptly ended. Lavalliere is being rewarded if he is traded to the Rams; the second biggest media market in the country, lots of exposure and more opportunities for endorsement deals when in LA, and the huge pool of married pussy in LA. This is good Karma not bad. The owner is doing him a favor.

P.S. Don't mean to nitpick but there are no 6'7 300 pound safeties in the NFL nor have there ever been. Safety is a position which requires speed and agility; the players are 6'0-6'2" and 190-215 lbs. They are plenty big enough to deliver crushing blows. Or a 6'4" 250 lb middle linebacker, who might well cover a tight end on many plays.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it, but...mostly what others have already said.

Now if they'd trade him to the Lions or Colts...hehehe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What is this?

Wavedave45Wavedave45about 1 year ago

To the people saying how the Rams won the Superbowl and this wasn't a bad thing for him, I'm pretty sure you're wrong. The first lines say this occured in spring and the story was published on 01/31/22. The Superbowl in 2022 was on February. So the Rams had already won the superbowl when Marc would have been traded. So Marc didn't win the superbowl and is at the end of his career. And since they had already won the superbowl I don't think his team or city for that matter would be easy on him and treat him like hot shit. He's a new guy and everyone else are the heroes and he has his reputation that is going to follow him. It's established he is a really good player so people are going to ask questions why a team traded one of their best players to the team that won the superbowl. I suspect as information about him gets leaked he's not going to be very popular.

The only real issue was the revenge tag. There wasn't any really. Which isn't a bad thing because we weren't introduced to and connect with anyone betrayed.

Besides that this was a clever idea. Normally Marc is hot shit in the February sucks scenario but here we see him as an asset that's become too much of a liability and has little potential left. He's like the rest of us whenever we're stripped of everything that makes us unique and entered into an unfeeling equation that says to get rid of us. He's not Mr.Bigshot but a nameless person tied to the train tracks in that Trolley thought experiment. And he gets to look on to the person flipping the switch to send the trolley his way since his value was lower to the person flipping the switch than the others tied to the other tracks. The husbands were the "wimps" in the stupid game he would play whenever he went to clubs. Here he's not even human but an entry on a spreadsheet with values and metrics on the same line as him that the powers that be didn't like. And so they got rid of him in a way that benefited them them most. Wimp is a character trait but he was completely dehumanized. Line number 5 or 700 or whatever in Excel can't ever be a wimp. Or alpha or handsome or anything you'd use to describe a living thing for that matter. He was dehumanized. And it wasn't even out of spite or revenge. The owner was sort of indifferent actually which almost makes it worse if you think about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Inadequate buildup, and then the story just died. Actually, it was no story at all, more of a vignette. The others laid out the most glaring weaknesses, like the impossible safety. Two stars, nudging three.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

That player needs to stop breathing..

Schlouis57Schlouis5710 months ago

Bof, personne ne lui a coupé les couilles ?

NoBullAlNoBullAl5 months ago

Quick but entertaining story!! This is what the author of the original February story should have included!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The player who laid out Marc was 6'7" and 305? It says he plays safety?

Ain't no safety in the history of the NFL with size like that.

He's either an Offensive Lineman? Or an interior Defensive Lineman.

He isn't dropping back into coverage or flying all over the field to make tackles in pursuit.

And he sure isn't lining up over the tight end.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This one kinda drives this home: If I really thought for a second that my wife would fall to some dude's slut ray, I think we'd part ways now. Jim clearly didn't know Linda very well. But here we have two guys clearly afraid that their wives would go with Marc. Why would you stay with her if you really think that? Interesting still...

oldtwitoldtwit2 months ago

Definitely a change of an ending with this one.

Not bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

That is a realistic scenario from a different perspective on Feb sucks. I liked it..4 stars..JZK

Barst0hBoyBarst0hBoyabout 2 months ago

Good work! Consequences FTW!

mariverzmariverzabout 2 months ago

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

That is a realistic scenario from a different perspective on Feb sucks. I liked it..4 stars..JZK

"Well, some husband who got pissed about Marc doing his wife spent the past six-months building up one of those 'Monster Trucks' -- you know, the ones with the huge tires. A couple feet of ground clearance and all that shit. I don't think that the truck was even street legal.

"Anyway, as LaValliere was pulling out of the gate to his house in the Porsche, the guy with the monster truck came at him from across the street and literally ran over the top of his Porsche! I guess that he got down low in the cabin so the top didn't crush him. I heard that the Fire Department had to cut him out with the 'jaws of life'. They told him he was really lucky to have survived without major injuries, or even being killed."

mmmmmm....................... si ..............nnnnnnnnnnn lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Very imaginative but very true to life too.

Only quibble is that an NFL safety is a lot more like to be 6'2" and 215.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

That’s not Karma. Getting traded to a new area where his prey doesn’t know about him is a benefit to the predator.

/

For the amount of pain Marc has caused, the absolute minimum karma is to take away what matters most to him. Destroyed knees is a good start. Removing his tool is even better.

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

They let them disrespect the flag, lie, cheat, steal, drug or alcohol up, anything to get the masses entrapped and attention away frm the fact they pay millions to a guy playing with a ball.

Our society is broken.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous