All Comments on 'A Second Chance Ch. 02'

by Androgynousother

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The details of the scam seemed too much. But, regardless, I loved it. Great job!

ArdieffArdieffabout 2 years ago

Sweet and funny ;-) Your stories are very varied in style - impressive wrting.

wapentakewapentakeabout 2 years ago

An excellent, heartwarming, and well written story that is more than worth five stars.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Nice but the simply tortuous detail concerning the Crooked taxi owner and his bunko scheme that went on for pages and pages of boring trivialities almost ruined an otherwise nice tale. I strongly suggest you seek a brutal editor in your future drafts. This story had literally pages of simply excruciating trivialities that should have been pared.

4 stars

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusabout 2 years ago

A great story, well researched 5*

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 years ago

Alright, the intricacies of the whole scam might have been a bit over the top, but that is what story writing is all about! it was a fun read and I admit I was checking each day for act two to show up! I believe you’ve done a superb job of the whole thing, so thank you for the entertaining tale. Look forward to more in the future. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
nice

could you reprint Judy's book here for us?? Just to see if it stacks up to the real thing off course!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good. story. The entry of the bad guys was predictable after reading about the security system, while the scams, corruption and threatened violence occur all too often in real life in the UK.

ExinfExinfabout 2 years ago

As usual, a riveting read

MiddlesonMiddlesonabout 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this story. You gave it a fantastic ending.

This story is going in my favorites folder.

Splendid job ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Tannish84Tannish84about 2 years ago

Great story, sweet ending and nice to see the baddies get their comeuppance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Story flows well. Diane who was described as focused and driven, seems to be a patsy or an air head when it came to properties. Character could have been developed a bit better especially Craig. Now the good parts. Craig dodged a big mistake with Anne. Jez she was a sex monkey. She probaly will cheat and switch for the rest of her life. She showed no contrition whatsoever. The theme of the story was tremendous and well-constructed. The story emotions were spaced in a great pattern. The characters, especially Emmie were loved and you had to root for happy ending.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 2 years ago

Great story, AO. Thank you for writing. A perfect capstone to the Money Honey event. Write another, please. Randi.

seejrseejrabout 2 years ago

Very well done.

Connar1Connar1about 2 years ago

An excellent closing chapter! Still love your characters, their interaction and dialogue, in the settings you create. You are one of the best on this site Androgynousother, please write more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is just the very best. Loved it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful story! Craig now has a beautiful wife, a daughter, and a son. If you don't think Craig is Emmie's daddy, ask her! Plese continue writing these wonderful stories.

Bronco56Bronco56about 2 years ago

Great story. It was filled with sorrow and humor. Very heartwarming. I very much enjoyed the happy ending for everyone in the story. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Crump_BumpCrump_Bumpalmost 2 years ago

A phenomenal read, keep up the good work and the egg and bacon sandwiches, five stars!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 2 years ago

Very nicely done. I’d have liked something unfortunate happen to Anna - another relationship gone bad, maybe a financial loss - but the twist at the end worked very well.

Karn9Karn9almost 2 years ago

Great story, wonderfully told. Exciting and warm with a lot of emotions in it! 5*

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 2 years ago

Great story after wading through the Brit wording.

TaitaOfThebesTaitaOfThebesalmost 2 years ago

Great story...you got me when you mentioned one of my favourite Rums, Myers ....that alone is 5 star.

Rex0naRex0naover 1 year ago

Good story. Didn't much like Anna or how she got everything handed to her just like that. She showed no remorse and was rewarded for her misdeeds. Doesn't feel quite right narratively. We also didn't get to read about him getting over his trauma/insecurity of getting cheated on. Felt like he got over it just like that too.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Enjoyed that one. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In addition to “giggle” another word this author needs to never, ever ise again is “hissed”, snakes and lizards hiss, not people in conversation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Didn't care for this story. The title is very misleading. Would give the impression that Anna and Craig would have a second chance to get things cleared up. Callie is not a petite woman if her dress size is a 10 is considered a plus size - Probably weighs 150 to 160 pounds and no way would have the figure you espoused her to have. You stated on page 5 she only had a hint of clevage when he meets her. You indicate she has a pretty face. Well a lot of obese women may have a pretty face and be obese. Meaning she doesn't have great breast size. Way too much time spent with a lot of mixed up stuff that takes way too much time to digest and doesn't really add to the story regarding all the bureaucracy of the local government and all of the different covers by the crooks with all of their businesses to steal blind. Way too long for anyone to really react to the crooked affairs. Way too many holes for someone who was supposed to be business savy "Di" to not have the proper checks and balances to insure business was being taken care of......... way way before she got sick, this had been going on for several years. Any savy business person would have discerned with 4 properties long before this was brought to light. Just way too many holes in this story and Calli does not match up with Anna. Calli is not a beauty queen in looks or sexual experience. Heck she taught Craig how to be a good sex partner. Craig certainly has issues. He thinks he is big stuff teaching Calli about sex. Way too soon to jump Calli's bones. He is only feeling towards Calli because he is considered a savior in her eyes and she is worshipping him. Just went off whatever she told him about her past with out investigating. Way too many loose ends like the security system he never looked at the tapes and no idea what had been recorded. Craig is a loose cannon with a good heart. But he has issues too and probably contributed to Anna's ways possibly.

Lots of issues with the story logic.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good but not great. way too long, too many people involved and sort of poor results of court cases.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

thanks for the time it took you to write this.

vesanvesanabout 1 year ago

Loved it. Thanks for writing this story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Don't listen to the naysayers, I liked your story, keep writing.

Sam23312Sam2331211 months ago

Being a yank, the "English" threw me a bit, but otherwise a very uplifting tale. As the thugs were secondary to the story the recap was fine. Nice job.

As for anonymous below, grow up and enjoy the simple things in life. My wife is a size 10. She is also 5'10 and weighs about 150 lbs and always looks great, NOT obese. So before you get tour panties in a bunch I suggest you broaden your view points.

Ravey19Ravey198 months ago

Nice to see a British based story written in UK English. An excellent story

6King6King7 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ EXCELLENT!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

👍👍👍

Bigguy731Bigguy7315 months ago

A good story but over use of “amazing” as do a majority of authors on this site and the other one.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker3 months ago

👍👍👍👍👍👍💯💯💯💯💯💯💯🤞🤞😉😉🤷🤷🙋🙋🙋👍👍👍🍕🍕🍺🍺

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent story about a genuinely good man and a good woman who found each other and by helping the other one helped themselves. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Can’t believe I’m about to respond to a year old anonymous comment but just to put your mind at ease: a UK size 10 is the equivalent of a US Size 6, so maybe not as much Callie to love as you feared.

Also, Sam…not sure why English earned itself some quotation marks. The clue is in the word.

Much as I love spending time in the US, you guys really need to get out more 😉

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Good story but could have done without Anna at the end. It was not believable that she became strictly into women. In real life she would end up cheating like before. It's like most of the writers on here throw out a last minute lesbian romance in a lot of the stories that just are so out of place. It took away from the story that should have ended before that letter and it would have been five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I agree with a couple of earlier posts the title leads you to think Anna gets a second chance that never happens. Frankly Anna basically threw away the perfect guy for her and as close as they were described as being doesn't really make sense why she would cheat in the first place. The email at the end from Anna and the text asking for sex took away from the main story. The long explanation of the criminal conspiracy was boring and unnecessary. There were many parts I liked but the ex and the over explained parts needs to be edited out. Honestly this did not need two parts or 19 pages ffs.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndrogynousother@Androgynousother
1728 Followers
Let's not kid ourselves, I write long stories with happy endings - whatever section they're uploaded to, and my characters tend to drink tea and eat bacon and egg sandwiches, might as well tell you now. If you don't like my characters or what they do, please remember they are...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories