All Comments on 'Slip of the Tongue'

by Gamblnluck

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
Carnes8004Carnes800411 days ago

Glad to see you are back. Stay safe.

Bri29Bri2911 days ago

Loved it great writing

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 days ago

No more playing around for Clive!

5

ArdieffArdieff11 days ago

Nice story, but bodily harm.... nah.

demanderdemander11 days ago

It was good for him that the baby was not his. That way he could simply ghost the wife. D

johntcookseyjohntcooksey11 days ago

A classic LW story, but well told. I thoroughly enjoyed the reading. Thanks much.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnate11 days ago

Highly enjoyable.

desecrationdesecration11 days ago

I enjoyed this tight little story where the seducer gets the rage and the parasitic ex-wife is simply sent away to be someone else's problem.

woodwardwoodward11 days ago

Well done. 5!

KarnevilKarnevil11 days ago

Well written story. Yes full of tropes, but we were warned beforehand so that's OK. Unfortunately it was also completely predictable and unexciting. I think a lot of the problem came from having the reveal right at the start, it left little room for the story to expand. The only issue left was the identity of the baby's father, and that was pretty obvious and cleared up swiftly. Little tension or drama and, as I said: totally predictable.

One observation, and not a criticism: a lot of emphasis was put on who would pay child support. I guess the rules are stricter in America, I know of a lot of cases here in Britain where the father just refuses to pay, or conveniently 'forgets' or simply claims not to have enough money. The authorities send out threats of punishment but seldom follow up.

GamblnluckGamblnluck11 days agoAuthor

@Karnevil: You bet the penalties for being a 'dead beat dad' are harsh. It includes jail time if you get behind too far. I think they make it difficult to renew a driver's license too (not sure). I do know it is reported through the system and often wages are garnished.

Just_WordsJust_Words11 days ago

Good story well told. That sense of detachment at the beginning seemed very real to me.

numbnutz49numbnutz4911 days ago

I loved the first two-thirds of the story, and I know it's expected to have the brutalized lover in the end. Still, it detracted from the suggestion of a life well-lived or even repercussions of the wife cheating and having to raise a fatherless child for the ex-wife to wrap it up. The main character's last act, proving he brutalized his wife's lover, deviated from how he appeared at the beginning of the story. It is still a 4+, but it could have been a 10!

6King6King11 days ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

VersatekVersatek11 days ago

5/12/2024: Happy Mothers Day. 😝

Such irony...

waifwaif11 days ago

I loved it, but the end would have been more enjoyable if his revenge had been ambiguous. Instead of having him stupidly keeping the hammer as a totem, it would have been better if a friend or neighbor asked about the empty spot on his peg board where the hammer was supposed to go.

.

Just my own two-pence.

.

As an aside, don't you just LOVE reviews that start with "I loved it, but..."?

Buster2UBuster2U11 days ago

10 Big Blazing stars for an excellent read! Technically perfect, Great BTB and the cheating wife. Smashing his Dick is an excellent revenge. LOL Mr. Seducer won't be seducing any more wives now. LOL all in all an excellent story. I wish I could do as good a job myself. Thanks, Buster2U

LechemanLecheman11 days ago

Ok it's a guy thing, but the thought of what happened to Clive, while deserved, still made me grimace.

Good story.

DazzyDDazzyD11 days ago

Happy Mother'S day indeed!! 5 stars

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196911 days ago

Excellent but damn that's a sad origin story for that baby girl. Congrats! Your parents are a selfish woman and narcissist man.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

This was great. 5 Stars.

Susan made me grit my teeth with how evil, sociopath and remorseless she was. I don't like to wish harm upon anyone for fear it fall upon myself...but Susan really was a bitch.

And Clive...dude any man who would chase after another man's woman isn't a real man. He's not an 'alpha', he's a leech, a bug, a cockroach that destroys families and tears apart the lives of children.

Nice villains. Although Clive deserved another fate. Obviously what happened to him is the worst fate imaginable, but it's been done on here so many times it's lost its value as karmic comeuppance.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle11 days ago

Why is assault and battery and attempted murder acceptable but infidelity is not?

Are we an Islamic country where adultery is punishable with death? Shall we write stories that extol honor killings? Why is an immoral act punishable with an illegal act? And if an eye for an eye holds true, then when can we see the rig pig getting his dose of karma? Does his helicopter crash in the ocean and as he is dragged to a watery death, the pressure in his lungs explodes the air out and he is crushed in 3 miles of Atlantic Ocean water?

Sorry; but if you decide on revenge, dig 2 graves.

Pappy7Pappy711 days ago

Good resolution of a piss poor treatment by his wife. She had to be really stupid to do what she did and not even think about the consequences or the results of her actions. Hubby found out, hubby acted and justice was served to both parties who wronged him. Wife reminded me of the old joke where the boyfriend was talking to the girl about why he wouldn't get engaged to her. He said that when he first met her he wanted to fuck her brains out but after he had talked to her for a while he realized someone else had beaten him to it.

Corny1974Corny197411 days ago

Oh good stuff - very good stuff!

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

I'm honestly kind of glad the stupid whore gets a constant reminder of everything she lost when she looks at her kid.

MountainMan1336MountainMan133611 days ago

I liked this story and the retribution and gave it 5 stars. I think the MC "Jason" handled things properly as a man should. I also liked how he kicked the cheating bitch "Susan" to the curb before he ever got close to her daughter. Every man knows that women cheat, we have all been subject to their flirting at one time or another. I can't even begin to count the times I have heard a woman say her husband is more than enough for her only to hear that she was caught cheating at a later date. Sure, some men cheat, but most men are too wrapped up working trying to support a family whereas wives are always able to get time away to be with their lovers. Usually under the false statement of how the kids are driving her crazy and she needs some alone time or time away from the kids to talk to other adults. I often wonder if prostitution should be legalized and monitored in all 50 states like it is in Nevada, I think that would cut down the alarming divorce status we have here in the United States.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Other than divorce, wife paid nothing.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu11 days ago

Why can't men who got cheated on just jump into another woman so quickly? 18 months is too quick they need to savor the feeling of utmost relief that they had dodged a bullet.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Well done and vengeance served.

Calico75Calico7511 days ago

Great to have another story by this author. It's a good one!

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

One thing I was surprised the MC didn't pull his wife up on during their confrontation was her use of the "I was lonely and horny and you weren't there" defence. Like it seems not to have occurred to her that maybe her husband was also lonely and horny and unlike her, hundreds, maybe even thousands of miles away from home and also isolated from his family. I've never worked on an oil rig myself but I don't imagine there are many women around on them so he probably didn't even have the option of seeking solace in the arms and bed of another even if he had felt so inclined, unless he wanted to hook up with some hairy arsed Hank but he didn't come across as someone who would have any enthusiasm for that option!

He did the right thing kicking Susan to the kerb as she was self serving, duplicitous and unrepentant to the end and she even chose her ex BF again over the husband she claimed to be so broken up about losing when, during their last conversation, she asked "Did you have anything to do with what happened to Clive?"

Nah, good riddance to her, say I.

JR

phill1cphill1c11 days ago

LOVING Wives and this shit turned into crushed testicles?! Get a sense of self or something so that crushing someone's testicles is not the thing you end up sharing. Nothing loving or really interesting about it. Just gruesome. I would rather watch the First 48.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 days ago

Solid story throughout. Little bit heavy on narrative and we missed the whole detailed conversation when Clive revealed his transgressions. 4.2* overall!

MigbirdMigbird10 days ago

Bit predictable, but hey your story. Just not captivating

GreyMatter46GreyMatter4610 days ago

Nice, but expected ending. The story was overall far to similar to my now deceased nephew's. thanks

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades10 days ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for your writing.

BeBopper99BeBopper9910 days ago

5* Thanks for story with strong husband character. Write On!

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker10 days ago

outstanding, buddy. The Bear loved it. aside from the heartbreak inflicted on the M/C I really liked his reaction. And why do the majority of the sluts and bastards never apologize, until they are reminded or pressured- if ever. This was a great story. & stars, only because of the heartbreak. The Bear approves. More, please.

The BEAR

tizwickytizwicky10 days ago

Another masterpiece!

BehindbluisBehindbluis10 days ago

I've read some of the previous comments and they all seem to be spot on. Thanks for the entertainment and for sharing your talent.

KoxokKoxok10 days ago

5 stars. I love when the cheated husband isn’t weak.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster110 days ago

Yes... this is a tale told before, but I think this is one of the better ones I've read... 5 stars for it.

I was only surprised he kept the hammer for so long, but while a bit dumb to do for as long as he did, tying getting rid of it to finding a new relationship was a good ending for this story.

Nicely done.

someoneothersomeoneother10 days ago

Story was good except for the vigilante assault. At least the guy was not murdered as in many other stories. It never ceases to amaze me how those so angered by infidelity see no problem with committing the crime of bodily harm or murder. The violence does not make the story more interesting, but less interesting because the author takes the easy way out instead of developing a more interesting and legal means of retribution.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

good story covering a familiar theme

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Good story I HATE pussy hounds and cheating wives with a passion (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Pretty much. Wife never apologized, she had a chance to confess and denied/gaslight him, and chested because she was bored.

Of course he walked away without so much as a take care. She's a single mother now. Her mother and daughter will low key resent her. Her prospects for a husband went to shit. And being a single mother will take away precious time to relieve her lust. That's her bleak future.

Her best options are career success/cat lady. The others are multiple baby daddies, town bike, and that's not great.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

I hope there were no divers under the rig.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Well at least we haven't heard from wimp and simp lover Harddaysknight as to how much he hated the revenge

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

I throughly enjoyed this well concived and written story. 5s

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

"and let one and all know about our wives falling victim to the lecherous bastard's lines"

.

The extremely evil and slut wives "falling victim" ???? Really ? Hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

"The other women simply fell for his gift of gab. Whatever their issues were, they accepted Clive's approach and apparently enjoyed what he offered all while supposedly happily married."

.

Oh, poor, poor married women, they were just victims, even though ... they "apparently enjoyed", yeah, "apparently" they fucked strangers for months, but they are not to blame. Yeah, absolutely right.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Well done

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

This tale looks more like a BurnTheBastard than a real BurnTheBitch. Too many attempts to make unbelievable justifications for the wives cheating. Could have been better.

PowersworderPowersworder10 days ago

Great BtB story.

I would have liked an expanded ending, with him ultimately remarrying, and going through mixed emotions when his second wife gets pregnant. Any story with paternity fraud really needs to have the husband start his own family at the end, just to balance the horrible cruelty of what the first wife tried to do to him.

-

This naturally leads into accidentally meeting the ex-wife many years after the divorce. It's incredibly satisfying to see the faithful husband rewarded with a happy marriage and a family, while the cheating ex-wife ends up a bitter and miserable single mom.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

If only there was a term for “the male version of maternity leave.”

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Great story! Wrapped up nicely without getting into the weeds of every move. Good to see this author's back.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Are there really people as shallow as this wife?

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

It was very odd that no mention whatsoever was made of the MC's father or father in law. How could neither man have played a role in a suddenly traumatic major family event? Even if both were dead, their names would have come up frequently in conversations at such a time. No logical explanation for this strange omission is readily evident.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer10 days ago

Thank you for a well written and presented story. Yes, the entire story was predictable but I enjoyed the fact there were no huge holes in it. Nothing too outrageous like we suddenly learn the husband was ex Special Forces or some such garbage. Plus, it didn't attempt to delve into the legal swamp that many stories attempt... and fail. You know, where the husband wants to take all the marital assets making her penniless etc. Anyway, thanks again. Cheers.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol10 days ago

Nicely done!

I enjoyed how the husband had emotionally prepared himself, learning about the situation a week in advance.

I thought his decision about his life going forward was realistic... they were done, but if the child ws his, he'd try to do his best to be a dad, but he couldn't be a husband. I breathed a sigh of relief (for him) when the child was revealed to not be his. I felt bad for the baby though.

Interesting viewpoint on the husbands mother and mother-in-law. I've played with that myself.

All in all, well done.

5*

-

Be well!

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban10 days ago

I scored this a 5/5. Yes, the story contained the tropes you warned about at the beginning. But even a trope - when well written - can be an enjoyable read. Sadly, there were few options left available for the M/C. His cheating wife needed to go, regardless of the outcome of the DNA results. A 6 month affair in which she conceived another mans child is a hard stop. There's literally no recovering a marriage after that. I think it's human nature for some, to just tamp down any thoughts of the long term ramifications of their actions prior to cheating. Susan will pay the price for her cheating for the rest of her life. Being a single mother, with a reputation of being a cheating slut, her long term relationship outlook is grim. Sure, she'll never have problems finding men to have sex with. (what woman truly does?) But I don't know of one good man who would ever view her as a long term relationship prospect once he came to know of her past. So she not only lost the man she loved. She gave birth to a child who will now grow up without his father. Her reputation as a cheating slut will follow her - even if she tries to hide it - it will always come out at some point. She's tainted goods. And for what? All for some meaningless sex that will soon be a distant memory. BRB

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

He was very disciplined in his actions and response. They poor baby is doomed being raised by slut and fathered by a piece of scum. Hopefully she will distance herself from both have the character and morals to rise above the disastrous dna she has inherited. Clive got off lucky, that he is still breathing, As for the whore only the baby saved her from a more adequate response. Hopefully her future decisions on bed partners puts an end to her and the baby can be adopted and raised by better people.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6310 days ago

Great story. You could not have made the wife any more despicable or as he said “pure evil”.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice9910 days ago

Crime down are not forever when this violent man is revealed as the attacker he will go to prison for the rest of his life All of his net worth will be attached for the hospital bills and the lawsuit by the victim. Revenge is a snake that turns and bites the revenger

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Folks, that right there is how you do it!

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy5910 days ago

You are one helluva good writer. Well executed. Believable. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Good story. As I've said before, every woman is lying, cheating slut when they think they can get away with it. I love women, I just don't trust them.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Finally. a writer who understands that it is more important to demolish the penis rather than just the testicles.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

And again ultra violence fetish. Who hurt LW authors SO much that most of them can't do without?

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

You have a problem with dialogue punctuation that, as a good writer, I don't expect to see. Others, yes. Your writing, no. When one speaker talks through multiple paragraphs, you don't close the quotes at the end of the paragraph until the speaker is no longer talking. Every paragraph of dialogue needs to open with quotes but only close the last one. This is especially troubling when reading some of your excellent dialogue. Upon seeing the closed quotes, I suddenly realize that the same person is still speaking.

-

The nurse mentions filing the paperwork with the Parish (only LA has 'parishes'), but MC states that adultery cannot be used as grounds in Louisiana. That's not correct. Louisiana has a pretty wide definition of adultery; it's not just non-spousal intercourse. Also, alimony and division of assets can be affected by divorce due to adultery in that state.

-

It's funny to read the word cuckold anywhere but in historical words, where it lingered as an archaic explanation of mostly English behavior. It remained, thus, until gamers decided to use it as the ultimate insult to those who they P0WN3D or adjudicated as not 1337. Now, it's used only in cuck sh*t and BTB stories on Literotica and in the profusion of Amazon pr0n. Nowhere else does anyone even think of the concept of the word...not from here to the Horsehead Nebula to the deepest reaches of space is the word cuckold relevant or used except by the aforementioned. It's a silly thing, and good writers need to relegate it to the fetish realm where it belongs. No betrayed man ever whines that he's been made a cuck. He's got bigger fish to fry. Fish. Fried fish. This takes us back to the bayous and marshes of Louisiana, which has become the default home of what still passes for Southern Gothic. Keep on writin', dat cha'.

-

Overall, it's a great story. Five stars, as always.

**

St. Vincent

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

A three pound sledge is not a dainty hammer -- while not the largest of hammers, it is a 3-lb double-headed hunk of steel attached to the end of a stout (approx. foot-long handle), requiring a necessarily stout arm to wield it effectively. I personally learned this truth due to having had the occasion to recently use one to drive steel T-posts into dry ground. The combined head with handle is a bit more substantial than a " lump hanging over my belt", and I have doubts it could be easily concealed on a belt (or behind a waistband) under a light jacket.

(Unless others have become accustomed to seeing you walking around with a rather large hammer-headed erection in your pants.)

\

Regardless, this is a quite enjoyable story, and (carrying a visualization of the prior sentence in my mind) I find myself with deeper feelings of awe for the MC than I might have had without personal experience with the hammer.

Thanks for the read!

RuttweilerRuttweiler10 days ago
I don’t understand why it’s a good thing…

… that y’all are just writing “your own versions” of the same story. It seems to me that creativity suffers, unless by “creativity “ you mean “working within a constrained framework”, which is, I suppose, a type of creativity. But it’s certainly a weaker expression of it. I can certainly understand using the concept in a writing workshop, which you could argue that this might be.

However, I believe it’s because y’all have restricted yourselves to appealing to an audience that is only interested in hurting women (and sometimes men as well), and attacks authors who write anything which shows kindness, understanding and forgiveness. This monomaniacal focus on hatred and cruelty has reduced this sub-genre of Literotica, in my experience, to a caricature of itself.

I think it’s sad.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Mashed up those nuts for revenge. Not bad. Can't think of a worse thing for a woman to do to a man than have any man's child. Not way thru that mess. Horrible for the kid too. Not their fault. Nicely told.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

dropped it in the sea! happy mothers day 5stars

BSreaderBSreader10 days ago
At

Least he acted like a real man.

GardenshedGardenshed10 days ago

Great BTB story, well written and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Did you ever intend to include any erotica at all in this?

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

“The only piece of information I want to know is where I failed as a husband. There had to be something I did or did not do for Susan to cheat.”

/

No man I know would even think that way. The only people I have ever known who instinctively blame themselves are women who have been abused at some point in their lives!

/

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Clive, the scumbag, got his, but not enough. Susan really didn't get hers, but should...

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

I still dont like how there is the slightest chance of staying together if the kid was his. No way in hell.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Clive was some womanizer. And stupid. Then their the beloved womanizer and rapist trump. The magma crowd loves the con man.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

So she was Clive's slut while he was out of town. She even spent the night at Clive's house several times, and fucked him most of every week her stupid cuck husband was away. And the stupid cuck had no clue? She's got parents and parents-in-law, regular friends, and she works with the guy she's fucking, a notorious seducer. But the time she spent with Clive was completely secret. And somehow after becoming Clive's whore, she never changed anything about her personality, her attitude, her fuck technique, Nothing. Well, the dumb shit got what he married, so he deserved what he got. Maybe next wife he'll pay closer attention to those little details, like noticing how often the wife ate out or didn't sleep at home while he was on the oil rig. They're called security cameras, he's away from home for weeks, and he left his wife and house completely unguarded?

\

Overall weak and very contrived. Thanks for the effort.

JoeLewisJoeLewis10 days ago

Good story my friend.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

"No, I really did not consider he might be the Daddy." - She had unprotected sex, how could she not consider the possibility?

~~~

"Clive hates condoms." - So fucking what! Does he want to fuck her or not?

~~~

"protected my half of our assets after paying off and canceling our credit cards" - So many stories get this order wrong. You can't cancel the cards while there's a balance, and if you split the money first, then YOU'RE paying them off.

~~~

@MountainMan, I'm sure that men WANT to cheat as much as women do, but if a man wants to fuck a woman, he has to convince her to fuck him, while if a woman wants to fuck, she just has to be available.

FlamethrowFlamethrow10 days ago

Karma bit very hard with this one.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Not so sure it's a master piece, however its a a fine telling of revenge, not so much on the ex but the perp. Any rat that pursues a married woman deserves harsh retribution.

26thNC26thNC10 days ago

Great story! Love the fact that he never wavered in his determination to dump the lying, cheating bitch. Also the physical, and fiscal damage to Clive was quite satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

nice story .loved the outcome 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

You did a disservice to an otherwise good MC, by having him so lukewarm towards his mother. I've seen children cutting off parents for far less than trying to convince your son to become a willing cuckold. That was the only annoying trope in your story. Yet another unhinged mother and a son reluctant to tell her to fuck off back to her lane. That and the whole balls thing. This kind of retribution immediately transforms a semi-realistic story to pure fantasy. Unnecessary.

MajorRewriteMajorRewrite10 days ago

This isn’t an erotic story.

Buster2UBuster2U10 days ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for a Very Good Read. I liked that Clive ended up punished very nicely. The slutty wife sounded so much like so many of my old GF that were just so Horny. Horny women are ALWAYS the best fucks because they love sex so much, so they are heavily invested in enjoying sex as much as they can. However, Don't ever expect a slut to be faithful. I really suspect that a faithful Slut is one in a million actually. LOL So either get yourself a hot slut or expect to get a frigid woman that won't do all the things that you would like sexually. LOL that is life. Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

I wonder at what depth. A 3 pound hammer would reach equilibrium?

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Love a good BTB!

mattenwmattenw10 days ago

Entertaining story. I liked. Only the violence against Clive wasn't what I imagined. Revenge can also be made more subtle. 4*!

xMulexMule10 days ago

4*

I like how you turned around the needle in a haystack analogy (finding 4 needles in a handful of hay) then applied its traditional meaning: the number of angry husbands/boyfriends being the haystack and the perp being the needle.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

@Rutweiler can you please stop bitching about everything. You started at the ground level of moaning and complaining and have consistantly dug your way down. You should read something else. LW is not for you. Yes I'm anonymous because you strike me as a vindictive little man and I really don't want to have to constantly slap you down - unless I really have to in which case I will.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGamblnluck@Gamblnluck
I have been reading stories here for years. I had written stories for a role reversal site and wanted to expand that endeavor. Recently a friend asked me how I liked retirement and what I did with my time. I told him I write internet porn stories. As he looked surprised, I sai...