All Comments on 'Should I Stay or Should I Go'

by Patrickson

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy22 days ago

He should take a vacation without her!

5

francemanfranceman22 days ago

In contradiction with your introduction, it seems to me, because he's still very willing.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey22 days ago

Ahhh! The warm cinnamon roll. Like Danny’s pecan pie a la mode to close out The Dinner Party. All else pales in comparison. An important commentary on priorities. Delectable and satiating. Thanks.

Turning502019Turning50201922 days ago

Seems like just a list of “what if’s” to me. A grocery list of decisions to be made is not a story to me.

012Say012Say22 days ago

Well done. 5 from me.

payenbrantpayenbrant22 days ago

An interesting concept. The 750 word challenge is a true challenge in that most never have an ending. It is an open ended hint of a situation that most never see a conclusion for. Imho it is kind of an annoying exercise. For the reason that the story has just enough time to be engaging.....

......then it just stops. No finish, no loose ends tied up. No interesting moral or nugget of experience to glean. Most just feel empty.

I give 5 stars for the writing. I will not grade a story like this on personal preference because it is not fair for this the for me to do so.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

PostScriptorPostScriptor22 days ago

I’ve always thought that just leaving - disappearing without a word - no divorce, just depriving her of his company and love, would be the thing to do. Especially in this case. Leaving would give him time to explore his thoughts and desires away from his unfaithful and ungrateful wife. I think that it was Margaret Mead (whose work fell into disrepute long ago) once claimed that there was a Samoan saying that “a new love soon cures the old..” I found that to be the case in my youth, and perhaps the MC should try it!

Just_WordsJust_Words22 days ago

Not a hard decision to make. There is a big difference between asking for forgiveness and demanding acceptance. The world is full of women looking for a good man. Some will call him weak to be asking these questions, but that is reality when you commit to better or worse. He will make the obvious decision soon enough.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove22 days ago

“Aristotle might have been wrong this time.”

.

In what way? Virtue requires rational deliberation leading to action that is the mean between the vices of excess and deficiency. Okey dokey. He is rationally deliberating right now over a cinnamon roll and some good black coffee. Weighing options. So, what is the right way to act here given the facts of the situation? That is the eternal question raised by the “Loving Wives” category. And how it is answered will get you bouquets or (and maybe) bricks.

.

Virtue is also dependent on the times and culture and your exemplars. So, they are a little complicated, looking at your favorites list. And they don’t always rush to judgement but rather take time to let matters unfold before acting decisively…

.

So at a guess, the answer to the question at the top is a “No”?

HargaHarga22 days ago

WTF! Dump the bitch and move on. Why is there even a question?

dragonmann72dragonmann7222 days ago

Maybe, just maybe he should find a fare lass and let her find him. Let Ann (sorry don't know how to put the cute little line above the A) clean off his cock after a night with the other woman. After that (and a cinnamon roll) decided what to do going forward.

Busman19639Busman1963922 days ago

The cuck couldn’t make the decision so she would make it for him.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ22 days ago

He is a pathetic character. Should be no debate. There is always a better woman out there. Cut her loose fast and without remorse. She has no remorse for being a garbage person. Never let her touch him again. Make sure she knows that she is repulsive. Tell her that her boyfriend is in mortal danger if he crosses paths with Jean. But since he is French, surrender and capitulation is in his DNA.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter4622 days ago

No resolution. No end. Life isn't like that.

demanderdemander22 days ago

Kill the lover. Leave her. She's truly a bitch. D

Buster2UBuster2U22 days ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for this story! How many times have we been faced with this almost exact scenario? I know I certainly have, many times. If you fall in love and shack up with a "hot" woman, there is a good chance that she is really just a slut and just letting you pay the rent while she gives you some pussy. LOL Afterall it is the sluts that love to fuck and get better at fucking with each experience. It is just that these sluts don't really have a lot of 'fidelity' in their bag of tricks. That as soon as your on your way to work she is on the phone to her lover. LOL So, it is ALWAYS a choice between the better fuck and little fidelity or the less good fuck and maybe more faithfulness. That is why women try NOT to fuck on the first date to give you the impression that she will be "True" and "Faithful" to you while you are out working you ass off all day to earn the money to pay the rent. I can truthfully say that The Lord has been with me, and although I'm NOT a Brad Pitt, I usually am NOT lonely lone and find someone to be with sooner than later. I have refused to put up with a cheater, because they won't stop cheating unless they have to. Buster2U

Jaydean409Jaydean40922 days ago

Thought provoking! However, the word is “foist”, not “hoist “!! Unless she’s going to lift her lovers up over his head!!

InfosaugerInfosauger22 days ago

I hope there comes a second chapter with the solution. Or allow others to write different solutions.

LWLover60LWLover6022 days ago

Find a better woman then toss her out. She can hardly complain for him looking outside their marriage. Her lack of respect and his self respect will only get worse. In the mean time enjoy her cooking and company and the fact that he is having sex with someone else's woman as she is no longer truly his. This makes her lover the cuck and not him.

TajfaTajfa22 days ago

I think a part 2 is needed. He should disappear for a month then make his mind up. No one deserves to be treated the way she is treating him

ibuguseribuguser21 days ago

It was well written. 4*.

Harryin VAHarryin VA21 days ago

Is there a 2n paragraph?

SouthdownSouthdown21 days ago

Accepting the life of a cuckold is NOT an option from my point of view. Lots more 'poisson dans La Mare!' -sorry I'm English, and French lessons are more than 60 years ago! I would personally go for the vacation and a cruise with lots of loose women seems like a start!

RosenkavalierRosenkavalier21 days ago

You write well and have already proven that you can write complete stories.

Why did you sacrifice this good description of the thoughts waving through the MC’s brain?

May be you assumed that your readers would just summarize and conclude that he already is in a kind of dating situation already as he is competing with another suitor of “his” girl. And the only solution was to end the relationship and move on - probably with a completely different partner which does not need competition (a dog, a sailing boat, …)?

It would have been nice to read a complete story.

But thank you for sharing with us!

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Lovely classical references. Would be interesting to have the starving choice put to Âne.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago
another

non story

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Though short, it actually felt long…given that nothing happened. Lots of words to say that the MC was on the horns of a dilemma (a horny dilemma?). “He thought his marriage, a happy one.” Lose the comma. The jeans-and-tee-shirt clad waiter (hyphens help). Enjoy the author, but this story was meh.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Burden is an ass. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

1 star. No story here

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Decisions of the heart are not made by the head.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

No criticism of the writing (although it would be foist not hoist), so well done. But, like most 750s, not unlike the Cinnamon roll, unfilling. But nice work, keep em coming.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

I'm sorry, but I find your hubris at presenting this fragment insulting. But maybe others will love it.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

The way to solace was tot for tat. The male MC seems like a lazy guy who deserves his lot in life. That of a apathetic nome.

Rwg7Rwg721 days ago

The Sherlockian within me appreciates the three pipe problem reference. 😄 your character is correct, no decision is an decision.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

In most peoples minds a man or woman fucking another person without prior consent is a arsehole and they man or woman does not love or care for thier partner. In most peoples minds the answer to your question is "Go" and never come back.

Leave the bitch to spend all thier time wuth thier lover in fact pack her stuff up and deliver her and her stuff to her lover.

Then exit stage left, go find a person that respects you.

However, if you are mentally ill and accept the situation, then goodbye and good luck enjoy your mental illness amd enjoy the rest of your life as a pathetic cuck. And cut your balls off you won't need them anymore.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

5* Been there, although not with a cinnamon roll, a chocolat croissants with a double espresso gave me time to think and plan. I did coexist next to her for 2 more years, living my own life and travelling for work as much as possible. I did find a lovely single mum in a different country and simply disappeared. A month before leaving I cancelled the rent on our small townhouse and split our savings 70/30. I love shared online banking :-). 4 Years later I am very happy with my family and who knows maybe still married.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

This monkey husband is thinking without a male brain, so he's no much different from the usual ridiculous cuck husband starring in almost all of the new LW femdom menhater tales.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell21 days ago

Even with a 750, there is some kind of conclusion. Not with this. Sorry, you failed.

alfa_aardvark22alfa_aardvark2221 days ago

Well written, accurately describing this most difficult situation that can turn our world into a living nightmare. I found the last sentence to be a bit flippant, not as deeply introspective as all that preceded it. Still, one of the best 750 word submissions that I have read.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

A life altering decision such as this cannot be relegated to the 750 word club.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer21 days ago

So the dickhead does NOTHING! If he accepts the status quo he is a cuckhold. He will know it: She will know it. Plus, her affair partner or partners, will know it. Meaning that as long as he remains as a doormat, his slut wife will do anything SHE wants. That he has no backbone and no self respect. Could he live like that? Never knowing if she was going to give him a mercy fuck, with also sloppy seconds? His decision should be obvious, even after having been married all those years. She has nil respect for her husband and no loyalty.

Frank66Frank6621 days ago

From a writer who's a real writer comes this..... this..... can't even describe it. Wasn't even a good set-up for a story.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Terrible. The worst.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Waste of a good cinnamon roll…..

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Very unfinished. Left a person wondering in the wind!

ThetwatdestroyerThetwatdestroyer21 days ago

There should be no question. Unless he is one of those idiots that gets off being a cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Finish the story.

SmugglerjimSmugglerjim21 days ago

It was ok as far as it went but I missed an ending.. Just my opinion. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Reads like the intro to a longer story.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

The story had e red everything but resolution. An illustration of how difficult 750 word stories are to write. Very well written, but?

MountainMan1336MountainMan133621 days ago

He should kick her ass to the curb. No man should put up with such disrespect from a woman.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

She is unyielding and unrepentant. She WILL cuck him repeatedly if he accepts this situation. Kick her slutty ass to the curb IMMEDIATELY! There are better women in the world. Four stars ⭐️ for Jean’s introspection.

xMulexMule21 days ago

3*

If you intend to explore the dilema, you should provide more possibilites. E.g. she unilaterally changed the rules of their marriage; maybe he could rewrite a rule of his own. Maybe taking on a lover for himself.

.

For me, this was a character sketch of a pathetic (read: unlikeable) individual. Shit or get off the pot, Jean.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Absolutely no difference between the 1st line and the last one. So this was a waste of 750 words. And a bit of an insult to Jean's masculinity, leaving the reader with even the possibility of him accepting a slut as a wife.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

You surely can't be serious about this, can you? First you spin a no brainer into some kind of dilemma, then you don't even bother with a conclusion, just some empty fluff about a cinnamon roll! I've read some nonsense on here but this takes it to a whole new level.

JR

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Since you asked for commentary.Well written and thought out. Good use of language and vocabulary. Don't like the lack of resolution

muskyboymuskyboy21 days ago

What is a "cinq à sept relationship"? Doesn't really matter, she is obviously unforgivable.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

No, he's going to become a fat blob and proudly wear his cuckold horns until she tires of him and divorces him for someone with a spine. Poor schmuck!

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Patrickson wrote Jean’s character so there is no question why his wife needs a lover. But, there was nothing interesting in the story. I like cinnamon roles as much as everyone but that single interesting part of the story was insufficient.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

So long as it isn't an Âne trying to resolve the issue.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio21 days ago

The story works on its own quite nicely, but feels like a “season finale” cliffhanger when the show has been cancelled. Further adventures would be great!

Regguy69Regguy6921 days ago

Dude, he bites into a warm roll and all is right with the world? His wife is fucking him over and he's too lazy to do anything about it? I think you've described the consummate loser. Stick a fork in him, he's done. Maybe she'll learn new tricks and tell him what he's missing while he sucks the cum out of her well fucked pussy. Pathetic excuse for a man! ... UNLESS, you meant that to be humor, then it's hilarious!

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanm21 days ago

He needs to leave. Build another life. Seriously.

LechemanLecheman21 days ago

Hopefully, he left her.

ChopinesqueChopinesque21 days ago

That coffee is sort of bitter. So is his attitude. That's no way to live. Move on.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker6021 days ago

For me, it was less than half of a story. But it could be a decent intro to a story. You have some characters and a basic question, but no answers. Unfortunately, as in most of these cuck glorification efforts, the man seems to limit his actions to either unpleasant alternatives or giving up before the battle… and these stories do depict a basic altercation between the husband and the wife. Real life usually has many more alternative pathways to some kind of a decent life. Why do stories seek to limit a mans liberty and joy? Don't want to divorce? Go to the bank and take out a bunch of money and go on vacation w/out the cheating bitch. Gain clarity through distance. See if more palatable options present themselves. Or pack your bags and burn down your house. Do something ELSE. Because what you're doing ain't working anymore. Or become a happy true cuck.

usaretusaret21 days ago

This is definitely incomplete BS.

jazzharpjazzharp21 days ago

Too little to score. I'm on one your followers; i like your style. But this was just too little.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x21 days ago

If you can't finish in 750 words, write more words, sheesh! This story is an admission that you, as the author, don't know where to go. That's fine for the character, not so much for the author.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

A story should start somewhere and take somewhere new.

This was just a tornado full of pain, spinning in place and doing nothing.

So, while nice writing it was a waste of time

MartyMartiniMartyMartini21 days ago

I think fucking her best friend is in order.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

I liked this, I liked the narrator's perspective on his dilemma. I would like to see it continue.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Really? Just this? 1*

26thNC26thNC21 days ago

No question. Dump the cheating bitch now.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

AND.

enderlocke77enderlocke7721 days ago

the fact he made it a question, already answered. what im wondering is this guy fat. if he is staying married for the food lol. guy is too weak to care about so who cares what he does or doesnt do. as a 750 worded story i have read better but also worse so if i voted it would be between minus and plus. we dont have that option so yeah

gebrandgebrand21 days ago

Le paradoxe de l'Âne de Buridan? Really? Good one!

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

I rate it a one star...but at least it was short so I did not waste as much time as your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

What a waste of space.

Pinto931Pinto93121 days ago

Needs an ending or it’s pointless.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

You are one of my favorite authors. The French Exit and the Dinner Party are two of my favorites. This one... not so much. The thing is, nobody cares about the internal debate. It has been done a thousand times and you really didn't add anything new. The writing is good and I can only think that you wrote this hoping that someone else would write an ending but you didn't even ask them to. The decision, the impact and the repercussions are what make a good story and this one simply doesn't make the cut.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

No real man has to contemplate this decision. Well written though.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Sounds like a woke movement.

nixroxnixrox19 days ago

One more well deserved one-star rating.

I do not understand the dilemma - he caught her cheating, and she refused to stop. The SLUT needed to be served the divorce papers the next day, AFTER he cleaned out the bank accounts, cancelled her credit cards, shut off all the utilities and not paying the mortgage - then moving to the opposite side of the country to start all over again. GAME SET MATCH.

tralan69ertralan69er19 days ago

Not enough to give any stars

Mibal_ZahariMibal_Zahari18 days ago

I read this and the only logical conclusion to me is this needs "The saddletramp1956 Treatment" to be rehabilitated.

H. JekyllH. Jekyll9 days ago

I see people don't like this story very much, and I understand that because this is the /set-up/ for a great many LW stories, and the brazenness calls out for 'justice.' Oh well. I'd say I rather like it because it presents a situation many have actually encountered which can be handled in a fairly limited number of ways. The wife's brazenness is just one of the options in her repertoire. A far different option would be contrition, which he's certainly not going to get, not unless things change drastically. I'm personally a sucker for reconciliation (I have a well-earned reputation in LW circles). But this wife doesn't want a reconciliation. She wants her cake and the calories. So I find myself impatient for a BTB ending. How did you do that?

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Totally disliked the story and your MC..Nothing to think about,nothing to be indecisive about if you're a man of integrity,intelligence and have self respect..obviously he has none of that if he has to contemplate on what to do...1 star all this is worth as a story...JzK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPatrickson@Patrickson
I am a keen writer looking to improve my story telling and writing skills. Comments are read and feedback is appreciated, it helps me improve. Anybody wishing to write a sequel or follow on to any of my stories has my permission and best wishes. I'll be interested to see whe...