All Comments on 'Guilt'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 14 years ago
MGM tells a good story.

I really enjoyed this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Not Much Of a Marriage

Better him than me, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
A bit har do to follow at the beginning

Wasn't quite sure who was who within the first few paragraghs -- it didn't fit until the end of the story. Keep writing though -- I like your stories even if I had a bit of difficulty.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 14 years ago
Well done!

Excellent story. I particularly appreciate the real life feel. I too had a job with heavy travel, servicing big industrial equipment. It was hard for me, and harder on my wife. I never strayed, and as far as I know, she never did either. Separation puts a hell of a strain on a marriage and the aftermath of that sacrifice lingers.

We talked about it one time, and I told her that if she ever did fuck around, shut about it and take it to the grave. It's on thing to find out while it's on going. What's the point after it's over? You feel guilty? Want to be relieved of the guilt? Confess to a priest. No need to make me miserable too.

hawkeye007hawkeye007about 14 years ago
No Way!

There is no way I would confess a damned thing. He now has the chance to assume a power roll in his marriage. I would let her sweat wondering what I was going to do, that is if he still wanted to keep her ass. If you think this attitude is hypocritical screw you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Didn't make sense

So, she wasn't cheating on him since they had the third child? You know, when she began distancing herself from him? Only after the reunion?

What is this bullshit, making everything even by having Dave wanting to confess? I mean for fucks sake, just because she cheated too, does that mean everything is now going to be hunky dory?

What a boring, generic and beige sort of ending. No heart. One star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Life is not equal...

nor is their cheating. He confesses...why? If he is going to forgive her, then he should do it because he chooses not out of guilt. The set of circumstances if far different. If he chooses to, then there is no reason to hurt her with his confession. Writers always seem to thing that will make it even....and those writers are always men. If your character is going to forgive and move forward then he should simply do so, get some counseling and move forward. He should not burden her with his own guilt. She is not his priest. Man up and live with it. If he is not going to forgive her...man up and move on.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Good Story

The coins usually have two sides.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
The HAWK is RIGHT!

Keep your mouth shut........period!

MontezumasRacheMontezumasRacheabout 14 years ago
Underdone

Guilt is everywhere. So what? You scratched the conflict but you don't let your characters act it out. Sorry thats about good stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
This is not equal.

The wife fucked around several times he fucked around once. The marriage should end. There is no love or respect on either side. If a marriage is dead then walk away from it, there is no point flogging a dead horse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
It's morons like Hawkeye

that destroy other people's marriages as well as fucking up their own. And all the while believing it's what 'real men' have to do to 'prove' themselves. He doesn't deserve a wife - but then again he doesn't want one; he wants a slave.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
gibberish nonsense

.

AzPilotAzPilotabout 14 years ago
Hey, it's your story, MGM- finish it any way you want.

I liked it and voted accordingly. If I hadn't liked it, I would have just gone on. Having read most of your stories, I feel the same way about them, too. thank you, sir, for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good job

You pissed off people on both sides of this argument - that's a sign of doing things right as an author. When they say nothing or comment with mild indifference, it means your story sucked.

magmamanmagmamanabout 14 years agoAuthor
Better to be yelled at...

...Than ignored. Personally, I liked this piece, I tried to make it stand alone, with the option for the possibles. I could have told the rest of the story, but it would run too long.

There obviously is much more to the story, isn't there? She with the depression common to new mothers, he unhappy about that which ended up with them both making the same mistake..at the same time.

Now where do they go, what do they do? That will always be there, under the surface. Like a wound unhealed, scabbed over. It can be ignored unless touched.

Perhaps I shall see if I can p*ss off a few more of you good folks!

LoL

MGM

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 14 years ago
Great story and great twist at the end. I saw it coming...almost.

Forget the Negative Nancies, this story was great and had a couple of good twists. First, I thought he was just going to go home early and find the wife cheating since she seemed to have something on her mind before he left.

Then, I got the feeling he was going to have an affair and figured that was what it was all going to be about. Then when he couldn't reach his wife, I figured she was having an affair also OR that she had intended to leave. This got me to thinking that it was going to work out in a weird way for Dave in that he already had Carla in love with him and she would move to be with him in a heartbeat. When he got home to an empty house and the note read that the kids were at the parents house, I was figuring the marriage was over and that she might be with her lover. When she told her story, I wondered if he would do as Hawkeye had mentioned and just keep it to himself and make an occasional trip to see Carla...now guilt free. Then he told his wife. Actually, that made it a pretty good ending and in fact, might open the door for them to decide to on rare occasions find a hook up for themselves without the deceit.

An alternate ending could have had the husband coming home early, having forgot to call, because of spending time with Carla or something. Then, full of guilt, he gets home to find his wife having sex with another man. It would come as a shock to him, and at first he would feel anger and want to rush in and stop them, but then he quickly remembers that he was feeling very guilty a minute ago and so has no room to act outraged. So as he pauses to ponder his best course of action, he realizes he is getting turned on watching his wife. He sees her in a whole new light and the sexuality he always saw in her is increased tenfold. Now she's not just his wife and mother of his children, she's a hot blooded vixen that makes his hormones rage. He suddenly realizes that he actually likes...no...loves watching his wife in action. It makes him see her as that hot young filly he chased after when they first met. This could have led to all sorts of possibilities.

Anyway, 5 stars.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
Good stand alone story....

....as it's the treatment of parallel infidelities, one unveiled the other we know is moving along but how?-quite clever if intended. Rusty, he didn't tell her anything YET!!!

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
Rusty?

You are a obviously into swinging and watching your wife or girlfriend have sex with anyone she chooses to be with. THIS story was NOT about that it was about two people making huge mistakes. Kindly keep your fantasies or nightmares to your self.

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 14 years ago
Poizon69

Yeah, because other stories you have commented on are so much better, like that sick story where the guy kills his wife just because she got a little strange and was fully intending to never do it again, which the husband knew when he put his plan into motion to seriously maim or kill his wife and her "2 night stand" lover. Yeah, some real sick fucks commented positively on that story.

I wonder why sick fucks like that are even on these boards. This is about sex and fantasies, not torturing, maiming and killing.

This story by magmaman was far better than most...at least it wasn't about either humiliation of either party or revenge that is carried way too far.

As for what I will or won't do, I'll do what the fuck I damn well please...I don't take orders from piss ants like you.

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 14 years ago
Rusty, he didn't tell her anything YET!!!

Yes, but it seemed pretty clear that he was going to. This tactic is an old standby for novels, short stories and even movies. The character basically says something that is a lead off to telling what happened but because the reader or viewer already knows the details, you don't bore them with a rehash. That is standard procedure and the mark of an accomplished writer. If he was going to make up a lie, it is standard procedure to take it further so that the reader can find out what the lie will be.

RustyHotDippedNailRustyHotDippedNailabout 14 years ago
Yes...Piss Ant.

1. Piss ant

An insolent or insignificant person; a peon; a nobody.

2. Piss ant

Little person with big attitude

3. piss ant

An insolent or insignificant person; a peon; a nobody.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
not even close to the same thing and VERY CONTRIVED

Making the mistake of offering her a place to stay because it's 2:00 AM.... Is not remotely the same thing as fucking intentionally another man then calling up AGAIN...

The odds that both the husband and the wife just happened to have the affairs of the exact same time is just too fucking ridiculous to be believed.

The two events are not remotely similar. First the wife starts pulling away from Dave ...her husband several weeks before either event occured.

Second he actions are FAR wors. Carla fucked the other guy once... For reasons which are not really explained. She wanted to I guess... while Dave was working hard for Her and their family including a newborn baby. I suppose that some could get past a onetime slip up in SOME cases...

But then because Dave gets called away on work emergency that was so important Dave COULD of been fired if he did not go. So the WIFE calls the other guy and intentionally -- AGAIN -- fucks the other guy.

If the wife is having some sort of mental or emotional issue and he-- dave the husband-- is the sole provider and has hsi nose to the grindstone ... Isnt the Burden to say something on HER ?

Dave's afafir was a one time thing. He did not intentionally

go out of his way to fuck the other woman he met in Texas. Maybe that woman in TX did but Dave did not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good story about a couple in trouble

I liked the story, but really got a charge out of the comments. OK, even though it was contrived, let him slide with the first cheating, he at first thought he was with his wife. but the 2nd, then the 3rd? If it had been the wife, the TTBFC (torch the bitch fan club) would have tossed her to the curb.

Cheating is cheating. Both knowingly and deliberately cheated on their spouse. The husband comes across as a morally weak guy. The wife is depressed. Why does it matter who did what more often? They both have screwed up big time.

Their marriage is in serious trouble and there are 3 kids to consider. Even if he had not also cheated, he needs to take them into consideration. Children in single / "blended" families are about 40 percent more likely to turn out bad.

Thanks for writing, your stories give us food for thought, and name calling, and trashing you and ... why did you write again? - Ttom

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
Rustycuntdippednail.....What was that definition of "pisant" or "piss-ant" as you say?)-to me it is you telling me what the mark of a good author is, while

avoiding or perhaps failing to grasp what I was elucidating with my declaration. The "Hook" as it were, isn't the mark of anything you pompous bullshitter.( And hypocrite, as you condemn "torchers" as sick, -who no doubt speak more tongue in cheek than do you about your, let's say, " proclivities".) Why do you always feel the need to write out scenarios to those that don't need Ideas if you are not les pisant une?

magmamanmagmamanalmost 14 years agoAuthor
OK. That's it.....

You guys go to your rooms now.

NO dessert!

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
unequal

Its one thing to pursue and intentionally go for the affair, and a greater measure of reluctance. The man lied to her but she happily accepted them. Her actions were made, and open to that in the future? Any reason to believe guilt on her part before she got more facts, none indicated. DAYS and days. Worth saving the marriage, more less than more. She'll do anything NOW, but how long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Dave knew what he was doing the moment he let Carla into his hotel room. He even said that his wife wouldn't understand. But he kept tempting fate, even letting her lseep there and then joining her because they "trusted" eachother not to do anything. Even with all of that the first time is shady but could have been chalked up to a mistake. The second, third time, all the way up to the fifth time? Those were deliberate actions. And what in the world prompted him to tell Carla he loved her?

No matter what Janet's affair is nowhere near as bad as Dave's was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
STONE BOTH OF THEM!!

They are both guilty of adultry so stone both of them,,,,hehehehe

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
1*

Too old to be sexy

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
It's finally clear where DWornock's comments originate.

He's a pedophile.

No wonder he can't rationally comment LW stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
That shit has been clear

for a while. DWmoron is a cop-hating ped0 - the author here did a good job with the setup, confession seemed realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Absolutely Stupid

Understand that he is no Saint and how it all transpired - doesn't make it right.

She, on the other hand, went clubbing and certainly knew that she would be dancing with someone and being dressed up, she would get hit on. Subconsciously, she knew she would get laid and, after holding her husband off with nothing and no conversation - she outright cheated. Women sometimes have a way of putting themselves in a situation where the inevitable will happen but in a way that allows them to feel right and without remorse. She knew what she was doing and she did it again - sober.

The difference between the two of them - she's an adulterer and he needs to divorce her. Whether he hooks up with Carla or not - moot point.

Mag, I enjoy your stories but this one - NO, she outright cheated - no going back!

Gave you a five only because your story flowed well, just disagree with the ending!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Only Fair

This was only ch.1. I hope it goes the right path. We'll see...

Kuuipo_23Kuuipo_23almost 12 years ago

Not sure how dressing up and going out dancing means Janet was LOOKING to have an affair. She was vulnerable and guess what, she at least had enough decency to admit that she did wrong

Now Dave is weak. Not only does he give in to temptation once but does so REPEATEDLY. And then when Carla lies to the front desk and gets a key to his room (psycho much?) he has sex with her, even replies back that he "loves her" (um yeah okay).

Both Janet and Dave were weak but Janet at least love and respect for her husband to admit her transgression. Dave is a wuss who is going to let her wallow in her guilt instead of admitting his own. So In my opinion if anyone should seek out a divorce it would be Janet.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
Pretty intense comment history for just Chapter 1

It ought to get down right painful by the end

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
WHEN CONFESSING OR TELLING

make sure you are not the only one, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Big Difference

No, I don't condone his dalliance; however, it was accidental and then did - of course, lead to a little more...Wrong - yes and for an honest man - a nightmare.

Her, she went willingly and told herself she was lonely, felt abondoned and needed some love. Okay, she was wrong - very different scenario and while she did try to abstain, she used her lack of communication with him to go out and dressed for a hot date.

Big difference - they MADE LOVE, not sex, love for a couple of days and I have to ask...his telling her he was married with children had to come about as a result of her asking him to be her man! Think about it, she made love to this guy for a few days...Knowingly!!

Does hubby balance the two events as unfortunate and cancel eachother out? I couldn't, hers required sober planning and conduct. Sad for the children.

Sorry, thanks for a good story though, trajic. I just wonder how most of us would write the epilogue. You're good leaving it open, better than a wimp ending.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Confession...

May be good for the soul, but it kills the trust. The spouse usually does nothing to deserve the pain, and the real punishment is not confessing but living with the guilt and then making it right by being the best spouse one can be.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Loved it

I understand his thinking in wanting to tell his wife, and I know it is hypocritical of me, but I don't think he should tell her what happened. His tryst with Carla could very well be a tool of reconciliation allowing him to forgive her. However, the circumstances of his affair seem decidedly different from hers. Perhaps this is me being very hypocritical. Clearly she had the hots for him back when they danced and he must have said more to her then she initially let on to hubby. Additionally, she had been withholding from him for quite some time. Her affair was not just a simple slip, like his. Hers has been building for quite some time. Of course, maybe it was more than simply building. Could she be fudging the truth a bit with him?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago

By the way, this is wonderfully written and a fascinating storyline. Five stars!

Tim413413Tim413413about 9 years ago
Don't tell her, stupid!!

I did, and now, years later, I wish I hadn't. She might have felt more guilty and not screwed me so much in the divorce. My advise = only tell her if you are planning to divorce her.

Extremely well done - 5 stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through....

Not as good as I remember it. Still decent though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I hate when there are two cheaters 3*

What's the point of the story then, whose interested? They deserve each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Read this before but I'm desperate for a good read

If you tell her about Carla.... turn in your man card!

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
Story was OK, but I loved how the commenters . . .

. . . were so intent on making her cheating worse than his, one even saying that after she confessed first, he needed to keep his mouth shut to have a power advantage over him.

Those guys have no flaming idea what love or marriage are; they think it’s all a contest, to see who wins and who loses.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

They're both fucking idiots.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Darune

Hmm how she acted after each child leads me to think she cheated more than once.

DNA test please

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks

3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
it's rare that a woman confesses

she has prolly cheated on him many times.

was afraid of him finding out through her H.S friends, and confessed before he started digging. this is damage control. if she confesses her obvious affair now....he may not look into her cheating past. she has a family with 3 kids at stake. no way a woman with all that would confess because....' i love him' women don't love that way. never have, never will. maybe 10% of women with abnormally high male testosterone would....

i'v dealt with women that lie right up until you show them your evidence. then they minimize even that. they HATE responsibility. men are taught that it's a virtue...so men tend to own up to stuff even if it's NOT our responsibility.

i'd not confess to her at all. i'd get DNA testing on all three children, and do some digging into her past and current events. if everything comes back clean as a whistle.....and no bad behavior on her part....i may confess to her. may. women aren't exactly forgiving types. i'd prolly lie a little and tell her that i had the affair in response to hers. Use it to establish that I'm still an attractive mate to younger women, and that her status as my wife isn't an assured thing. she'd actually try three times harder to be a wife then. she'd prolly lose respect for him otherwise. 'if he forgives me so easily...what's to stop me from doing it again...he prolly can't get better than me...' that is how a female thinks.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Aha, two cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Are most American men that low on IQ? U ask a beautiful woman into your room…u sleep in the same bed with her and u expect nothing to happen? And act all surprised that sex happened? Seriously? Are all American authors that bloody naive??? This is becoming a laugh riot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At least they are well suited as partners in marriage. If the cheaters always married another cheater there would be a lot less unpleasant surprises.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hers was deliberate, but his was unconscious

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Kind of a sweet double cheaters story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I wonder if she let the Man go at it bare back, they don't need another kid.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Horrible people. Characters.

This is written as if they are all passive with zero accountability for what is going on around them.

Committing adultery isn't something that just happens to you while you are a passenger strapped into a seat.

It requires a hundred separate small cognative decisions to progress to the actual act. Especially repeated acts over a series of days. It's betrayal. It's lack of respect. It's lying.

And all of these characters here are guilty and represent the worst and weakest kind of people. Especially the couple that has young children.

Not a good story. Sorry I dislike it so far.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2706 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Guilt Series Info