All Comments on 'You Can't Do That! Ch. 03'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 237 Comments
nyctrainman4010nyctrainman4010about 11 years ago
liked it

Nice job on all three segments.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Interesting

Still not was I was hoping for but the addition of Sabrina helped. I look forward to your next tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
NIce story ...

I like your stories. This one was very good. Most of the folks who comment don't really understand why they say the things they do about the stories they read. They are stuck in place. Damaged, so to speak. This story was quite balanced. Real, in many regards, even if it was a bit farfetched. I mean this is a good way in the sense that becoming a very successful writer is difficult. But it serves to illustrate the point you wanted to make beautifully. Thanks.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
A valiant, entertaining but failed attempt to un-stripe the leopardess !

This installment would well have better on it's own as an independent story about a different woman. qhlm1 is a skilled author & nearly redeemed the miserable cunt, we all got to know in prior servings of this serial.

In the forced marriage counseling sessions, it came to light that each time Sheila had been caught cheating, she went into bitch mode. She had done this multiple times throughput the marriage & the inference was that she had gotten away with serial infidelity . Sheila was not able to meet his eyes when this accusation was made.

The evidence was damming that Sheila was a cheat,harpy and a shrew after the kids left. She was a decent mother & wife but not with an empty nest. All the hormones & therapy in the world can't change core facets of a person's personality.

Sheila was a inveterate nay-sayer . Roy's life took off when she left,no way any sane man buys into her psche quagmire a third time. Nice try by qhml1 to rehab this character. If the author bit doesn't work out maybe q should be an appeals attorney for death row inmates. ****

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 11 years ago
Good wrap up, well written series

I liked the way everything ended. Looking forward to the next qhml1 story!

john1946john1946about 11 years ago
Ok

Very good ending. She lost what she had, she gained something new and he has a ball. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
completly unnecessary

part and doesn't help the story at all. the open questions are not answered even worse more questions are asked.

why does he not live up to : "But know this, the old saying 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' applies here. It doesn't matter where we are in our lives, five years, ten, twenty, or past, betray me again and we are finished forever, understand?

because he is raised by women ? LOL who isn't !

she had several hormonal problems plus she had had a mild case of obsessive compulsive disorder. nice really nice, she is the only woman in the world who has to pass menopause and just because she is working in a hospital ( the only place in the world a) they have no clue about that issue and b) have an mandatory check up but can't read the results and c) doctors don't know anything at all) she was really fucked up and could not help it :-) .

then she went to therapy and counseling but of course her fucked up character remained the same.

the only thing that you really did , eventhough I asked myself already the last time, why did she setup her grandfather, you showed Kelsie is from the same breed. cold , calculated and for sure not loving. now she has 2 cashpoints so she can spend time speedboating.......

psychology can't be your hobby and just good writing doesn't make the jackpot.

you have now an old rich guy who sarcastically fucks everybody and gives a shit about the outcome. he knows he has just whores around him and just sees what happens next. maybe they fuck each other maybe not who cares.

but the good in all characters are gone. no love no warm feelings, if you add up or if a healthy person would add up these are just a series of new violations but they are so numb after what they have done to each other, they do not even realize it anymore.

very sad not erotic not funny nothing at all.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Sorry but this one did not do it for me.

The first chapter was great and the second one expanded on the information and the personalities but this third chapter did not do anything other than tarnish the original impressions. Great writer but the storyline sort of ran out....

bigguy323bigguy323about 11 years ago
Taking back, even in friendship or Fuck Buddies, a CHEATING SLUT is always a bad way to end a Loving Wives Story.

This story is no exception. The writing is very good; the plot sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Two Cents

All worked well for him. You didn't write it but he never, even in the beginning, stop loving her. Reality was such that he could not, would not, put himself again in a position of deep emotional despair, he conceals it well but - hurts nonetheless.

Her free thinking, fun loving and mischievous nature, along with age and hormones, cost her something she now realizes was so much a part of her life and now GONE!

I give her credit for working it to being BF with benefits but we know, she will hurt from time to time, she'll have a piece of him again but never whar she once had. BTW, he has not stopped caring for her but he will never take the chance.

Sabrina, nice touch.

Thanks, that's my two cents.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Die!

Bitch!

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 11 years ago
Disagree

I disagree with some...I think this did "fill" out the story. I do think that he is too hard on her given the good years before it went to crap...Not saying it is all forgive and forget, but I think a quiet commitment (maybe including Sabrina) would be nice.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 11 years ago
A very nice recap of the story

An enjoyable look to the orginal story, which I thought was very self-explanatory.

Thanks for the read...

looking4itlooking4itabout 11 years ago
I have no idea how ...

I cannot see how this episode did anything to better the story or explain anyone's motivation. She was a nurse for crying out loud. Hormonal imbalance should have been self diagnosed or caught by Sabrina much sooner than after a bitter divorce. She was self centered and incapable of a healthy long term relationship. That should have been evident early on. There is no excusing her behavior and those who continue to try and rationalize cheating behavior aren't getting it.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
Thanks QHML for wrting this awful Mindlessly bad addition to this wretchedly bad story

the worst thing about this is that the author actually GOT his OWN story wrong..LOL...

seekermikeseekermikeabout 11 years ago
YCDT

Please write to please yourself. Bottom line, it was an enjoyable read, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Can't understand

why you thought this segment was necessary

Sid0604Sid0604about 11 years ago
Thank you

Forget the critics and keep writing the great stories. There are a lot of us out here who thoroughly enjoy reading what you post. 5 stars. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Feels unnecessary.

Commented in a similar vein on the previous story, but it feels like you added more "explanation" that wasn't really necessary to offer insight into the characters, just window dressing. If it was to emphasize what a dick he was, the first time they met, the way he repeatedly antagonized his wife and rubbed her face in her underestimation of him (that deck thing was a cheap shot, any guy who builds one out of nowhere knows better) and the way he insulted his current girlfriend Sabrina by asking her to indulge him in a threesome with the ex that cheated on him, Okay - so he's a bit of a dick. It's a flaw that makes him human, and it was obvious in the previous chapter as well, so what?

Like i said, this comes down to the fact that a dominant majority of LW readers are just plain blinkered assholes. Their first and only priority is to determine whether the guy is a cuck/manly man, or if it's the opposite number, whether he's "man enough" to get over it. Both groups are assholes and their input should be taken for what it's worth.

So why add another chapter of explanation? It comes off like B-2-B all over again, wrecking the story by turning your female coke whore into Super-Jesusette and whitewashing her psycho Redneck Mafia husband, because you're too busy trying to one up the retards by re-explaining concepts they can't and won't get because it's no longer about reading a good story for them. It's all about either making the bitch pay or making the man accept that his woman makes mistakes for these idiots. Not about a good story.

They won't get over it, because they can't. They're broken people who won't know a good story if they read it, and they'll ultimately just push you into wrecking an otherwise decent story.

Note: Cheating Wife "Alternative" PoV stories generally fail due to spending the majority of the story retelling what we already heard in the original format. You've offered a small amount of good, NEW stuff, but 2/3 of this feels like a rewrite of the previous chapters.

Esq2kEsq2kabout 11 years ago
Critics can be foolish

The first two parts of the story were great by themselves. This third part is also a wonderful addition as it gives background on Shelia and her side of things. But I understood where and why things stood as they did after part 2. If other people could not understand that then they should have re-read the story. All-in-all great job ... not the ending I would have hoped for Shelia and Roy, but then I wasn't the author. And since you were, you get to decide how things should end.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

well written as usual but frankly i dont give a rats ass about the cheating cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Ch. 4? You Can't Do That!

Always interesting to hear the point of view of both the cheated and cheating spouse. Given what Sheila did when Roy proposed and how awful she felt when he left her, it seems a stretch to have her repeat that same mistake after decades of marriage. If you could have expanded on her rationalization for renting a condo and then leaving Roy, it might have made this chapter stronger. Did she want to have an affair with Dr. Feldman, so she needed her own place? Did she really need to leave Roy to see if she could start a new life without him? Was she seduced by Dr. Love or did she allow herself to be seduced to prove she was still desirable? Did she really think she would have a better life without Roy after 36 years together as a couple?

The real question is how could Roy and Sheila have stayed together that long without communicating and sharing each other's fears, frustrations, hopes, and dreams.

Sabrina and Billy divorce after years of a "happy" marriage and she ends up in Roy's bed. Really? I think there is another story with these characters to help them mature and finally become more selfless and insightful human beings.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Yawn

Good night. This was a snoozer. A boring recap. He was stupid to take her back when she cheated the first time, and he proved later he still was by rewarding her infidelity with money, and now she is his fuck buddy. Groan.

Her side added nothing except he is now banging Sabrina. Of course we now hear all about her WHOREmoans and OCD, Old Cunt Disorder that caused her problems.

Right...what happened 36 years ago? Was that WHOREmoans too??? Where is all the creativity that you used to have.

qhm1 must enjoy geriatrics. Pity.

Sigh, where's my geritol?

Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

An interesting chapter. He was right to divorce her, even with her meds he should keep her at arms length. I liked the plot, revenge with a smile and she realizes he can get along just fine on his own thank you very much.

jacsrjacsrabout 11 years ago
Captured my Interest

Very nice finish to the story, I thoroughly enjoyed all three chapters.

Liked all your other stories also.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
WHY???

This adds nothing worth diddly to the Hubby story. Saxon and Anon 'completely unnecessary' are right on target! There was at least one important discrepancy between a compelling implication in Ch.2 and a denial of any additional peccadillos in Ch.3! Ultimately irrelevant.

Hubby has gotten richer because of Sweetie's disrespect. He did NOT get better!

4*

Danger09Danger09about 11 years ago
I really don't see what this chapter added

She didn't really add anything new to the plot, it really was unnecessary . I still feel the same way about the husband, yeah he didn't take her back & he didn't burn her; but how is having her still part of his life ( sexually) punishing her? The divorce couldn't have been the only means of punishment-- because though divorce they still do couple things & have a sexual relationship; so she's happy. I still feel he gave her more than she deserved. Why is it in every LW stories, the wives acts like a slut , gets caught by hubby , hubby divorces slut & wife goes immediately to therapy? Is therapy suppose to be some type of tool for skanks? I just don't get it. Why wasn't therapy approached before the cheaters spread their legs? What will therapy do? Will therapy help the skanks from spreading their legs for every guy who listens to their mundane problems? The wife medical issues can't really justify her behavior. I thought the writing was excellent. Another chapter wasn't really needed. I thought him fucking her friend was awesome, though it would be more awesome if he stop fucking his ex-wife.

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
If you wrote this chapter

to make us more sympathetic to the ex and understand why he didn't burn her to the ground then i don't think you did a god job, the same dilemma remain, being married to a person for over 30 years when the relationship was good most of the time as the husband says makes it hard to be around this person and get intimate with them and overcome the feelings of possessiveness, hurt, anger, and all these other negative feelings, this is why divorced people stay away from each other especially when the divorce didn't take place amicably and the couple were not drifting apart mutually and for a long time before it took place, in this case, the divorce was vicious and it came after a painful betrayal and he gave her more then she deserve just to get rid of her, to keep her around after all that is beyond comprehension, you didn't touch upon the point of other men in her life, did she give up everybody else just to be with him, she did refuse few dates but for how long,are you telling me that if he sees a man in her house he wouldn't be hurt, this is just like the romance stories on this site when so facts and logic is overlooked just for the sake of a happy ending. However, this story is so much better then other RAAC stories here and your talent make it more fun to read, thanks for sharing, waiting for the next story.

mike2710mike2710about 11 years ago
Thanks

Although it did not do any thing to add to the first two parts I can see it was not ment to, as this was from the wife's point of view. We also know some where down the line a three-way is going to happen.

Thanks for the entertainment. Mike from Texas.

RePhilRePhilabout 11 years ago
Loved It! 5* and a FAV

Only comment would be regarding a critical piece of dialog that I would have expected when she came upto the deck and met him again. You had set the scene perfectly and brought us to an expectation, then just walked away from it without remark. Great writing and story thanks...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Chapter 3 failed to hold my interest. Chapter 1 and 2 were good, Chapter 3 was a dud. Did you loose interest in the story line?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

After reading her perspective I am even more convinced he shouldn't have given her the time of day. I appreciate her side being shared, but it depended too much on the previous chapters and his side of the story. Since it is a different person telling the same story, it should be able to stand on its own.

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
4 stars

I gave the first 2 chapters 5 stars. I often like "her side" companion pieces. This was good, brisk, and interesting. It added to the originals. But, I didn't really buy the wife's cheating on hubby, as she told it. The problem is that she knew hubby was on to her (or at least on alert). She wanted to get back with him. She knew he was smart as hell. She knew she was this close to divorce. And, she does it anyway. Several times. With a guy she has no love for and with whom she has little sexual chemistry. Doing it to feel powerful? In control? Out of misplaced anger or resentment? Sure, I can buy that. And to feel attractive and naughty and desireable, too, I'm sure. And let's not forget about young. But still, even with a little bit of life-change crazy, she had to know the cat was soon to be out of the bag.

BTW-why the revelation about realizing she wasn't good wife material? That was never really addressed, and I thought the conclusion was a bit out of left field....

This chapter had more editing mistakes than your other work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Nobody won

But really, maybe everyone did. He's no longer living an illusion. Sheila's no longer forced by societal norms to live a lie, and stifle her lifelong urges. She thinks she wants more, and thinks she lost, but she's free to do what she'll ultimately do anyway. Sabrina is getting what she wants, free from living in a marriage that was a lie. And Kelsie got her education paid for in a loving way, and gets some of the credit for his new career. Smiles all around.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Much Appreciated

Part 3 was a terrific portrayal of Sheila's character providing a convincing (and appalling) explanation of why she behaved as she did. She was so wonderfully selfish, irresponsible and amoral. The author included a lot of lovely touches to demonstrate what a unthinking slut she was. I particularly liked the way she described how she casually fucked around after he dumped her the first time explaining that as she was unattached no-one got betrayed. Except herself of course but that never occurred to her until it was much too late!

green117green117about 11 years ago
Why can't a woman be more like a man...

Someday I hope to write - and if I write as well as you, I would be pleased...

That being said... if'n the audience doesn't get it, then is it the fault of the audience or the artist? The trick I hope to learn is to say profound and unexpected things such that any idiot can get it.

But I do know the frustration of not getting through. I'm not sure what you were trying for (although I have my suspicions) - this one seems to be a slap at the Prof. Higgins out there.

The female leads' tendency to minimize the heart of the males around her is unfortunate, but fairly common... and the tendency to seek revenge, when I see it in a woman, is something that makes me walk, briskly, to the door.

Good story - I don't know, something seems missing though - a real sense of pain on the part of the protagonists? I sometimes miss the obvious... and perhaps you were trying more for comedic than tragic. Perhaps more ginger with your wry? Now that the female lead is over her blues, that could happen in a chapter 4.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This story wasn't that good the first time

It really wasn't necessary to rehash it. You were just being self-indulgent. I wish you could write as well as you think you do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Why bother writing the sane story twice

It just makes for a boring read.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
No Body Really Won

I agree with a previous comments that no one won.

Shelia tried to control her husband she really did not know or have faith it.

I feel the husband now has the best situation as shelia is chasing him, other women chasing him as well.

I do hope there is a Ch.4 for what the ex husband does next in his life.

FD45FD45about 11 years ago
Well...I guess this failed twice.

First, I didn't get what the point of the first story was..at least as you implied.

I found the conclusion of the last one a bit out of touch with the rest of the story. Maybe it was he was busy tormenting his ex wife? I guess. It wasn't evident that he 'won' anything or that she 'recovered' anything.

Boy meets girl, girl fucks around on boy, boy leaves...man meets same girl as woman, woman fucks around on him, man leaves. ELDER meets Grandma....

A circle is always pointless...but why are merry go rounds so popular if they go no where? Because the ride better be entertaining.

This...told me nothing except that she was a biggger slut and stupider than she originally appeared. "Sure Shot Sheila". Huh.

First, don't pander to the audience. If they don't like the story, chalk it up to experience (though I'm tempted to rewrite IPO 4...)

Second, if you break rule one, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT! How did this explain anything? How did it redeem anything or anyone? Her shallow motivations were pretty apparent the first time I read them...in the SECOND chapter.

Your first chapter had a bit of drama and tension.

Your second chapter decided to sell out to Disney. The only twist was artifical, hiding information from the audience to pretend to create tension (her first infidelity). It isn't tension if we already know the end (i.e. married for forever...)

And we ended with a schmaltzy 21st century 'romantic' ending.

Again, well written but gave me nothing but a filled in 30 minutes of reading.

VoyeuristicMinxVoyeuristicMinxabout 11 years ago
Good story, really liked them all.

Listen, I loved all three stories. Honestly, I'm equally jealous of and elated for you. Your wife is correct. Very good writer. I don't get nearly enough time to read, but when I do? I'll be reading you for sure. So thanks!

tiredandoldtiredandoldabout 11 years ago
Out of your minds

Anonymous and FD45 are showing their limited comprehension capabilities. Excellent stories! Yes indeed, I am one of those that "got it". Keep writing so we can keep reading!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Started great then ....

Sort of petered out. Sad.

In the end he was comfortable, she was trying for time number 3 and .....

No closure, no wrap up.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 11 years ago
Mercifully, this story finally ended...

... but, really, wasn't Ch. 03 just a rehash of Ch. 02? Did we learn anything new about Roy or Sheila? Of course not. Shouldn't a different point of view add new perspective to a story? I think yes and, in my humble opinion, you failed miserably in this case. I'm not necessarily a BTB fan but really find the notion of ex-wife as girlfriend a bit stupid. It really doesn't make much sense that a shitty wife would make a decent girlfriend.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 11 years ago
Really Enjoyed It

Your writing is so descriptive it had me flashing back to my highschool and college days. You really nailed the mind set of time period. When cops caught you drinking and driving they just made you pour out the beer commenting that not too long ago they did the same thing but it's still illegal. My close friend even had a red 67 Barracuda but we never thought of having sex under that huge rear window. Well, I didn't anyway. It sat so low it wasn't worth a damn in the snow. I remember having to push him out too many times. Thanks for the entertainment

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
didn't burn her

He rewarded her. It would have been better had he taken her back he could have gotten back some of the riches he poured on her. Damn what let down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
good read

hi.

i am not registered, but i enjoyed all of your stuff. it is among the best i have read here. thanks for writing it, and i will look forward to what comes next.

peace.

bill

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
WIN SOME.....LOSE SOME.....

there is never a break even some,. TK U MLJ LV NV

rdd1953rdd1953over 10 years ago
Comments

Now that I have finally read the last one I will comment on the entire group. You have a wicked sense of humor and no doubt one the top three on this site. Your stories all kept my attention, but I couldn't hardly do the transvites, but I even made my way through them. I damn near fell out of my chair laughing about the redneck funeral, I have heard tha really happens at many of them. I'm just an ole country boy myself, so that's why I appreciate yor style, by god it's southern for the most part, so please keep them coming.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 10 years ago
Still

she is nothing more than a slut.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Yes a defintiely perverse sense of humor there -

A good ending and a good story -

She made her bed and will live in it - sleeping or not -

At least she finally got the help she needed and he got the life he deserved - happy as a clam -

Good for him - Nice work

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Totally out there

There is no way I could even read your feeble attempt at her rendition of events. Any bitch that did it to him twice would totally have been incinerated couldn't even read the last part, if this is your style you lost another reader. Vomit all night.....and what gave the grand daughter the right to even consider this cant really love him as much as she claims.

xtremeddxtremeddover 10 years ago
Another Great emotional rollercoaster, c'mon people this is fiction

Not been to Lit lately and I see shit is still coming from anonymous assholes. Some things never change. At least great authors/writers are still posting.

Just when I think I have a great original thought or storyline an author like qhml1, throws a new twist on an old genre and I'm entertained anew.

Thanks for sharing on SOL.... oops on Lit.

DD

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good story

In my opinion it was a little far fetched. I mean him letting her back into his life at the end but I liked it. It was entertaining as heck and kept my attention.

rightbankrightbankover 10 years ago
Y.C.O.W.

He should have taken option 2. "or what" and saved himself a lot of grief, and money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Don't know if you've not been there...

I had a relationship where I got hurt so bad that I did something without thinking of the possible consequences and ended up in an E.R. as a result... it wasn't planned, just stupid...

Almost a year later we got back together but I knew it wouldn't be the same... I'd never get so wrapped up in the relationship that I would care if/when it ended...

Afterwards, given an opportunity, I might have been willing to hook up with her, but I know if I did it would be physical only... definitely no way I'd let myself get emotionally connected...

She burned him once and he gave her another shot though clearly it was different for him the second time... and the third time...? Physical only, even though there were good memories of what they had together.

HypoxiaHypoxiaover 10 years ago
unnecessary

Well-written, except for a few glitches, but ch.03 doesn't really add to the story. 4* (I give the other chapters 5* each.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you

Keep writing even though site needs to take the anonymous button away. So I will post this as anonymous. Ha!!!

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleabout 10 years ago
I agree with Sheila . . .

. . . when she says that Roy is a genius. On top of everything else, he made a good move by grabbing up Sabrina on the rebound. Too bad he didn't grab her in that supermarket parking lot instead of her unstable friend. But of course, if he had, he wouldn't have been driven to become a millionaire author and we wouldn't have had a story.

A great story, very well told. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Excuses, excuses, excuses

She still cheated. She still manipulated him. You can color it any way you want too. He should have thrown her out and then put his house up for sale. She's out and she stays out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nah

super for two chapters minus a page or two.. then spiral into the drink

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nice story

Really enjoyed the whole story, especially like the YCDT Corp and the way that even when he gave her all that $$$ in divorce it still was digging her. I think I may even be beginning to enjoy the cuck phobs. While I don't enjoy a pure cuck story, the way these cum cravers read cuck themes into every single story that doesn't sell a female cheater into whore slavery they really must secretly be fantasizing lapping jizz from their ex-wife's pussies.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
The real epiphany in her life

Was when she realized she lacked the personality traits needed to be a loving, supportive wife. As for her abuse "pushing" her husband to succeed, one can only wonder how much further he might have gone with a wife who was really behind him all the way.

krosis666krosis666about 10 years ago
Sweet jesus qhml1

What the fuck are you doing? If you didn`t like the response to the other chapters, live with it and move on! You`re a great writer, but you can`t expect everyone to love every word you write!

Trying to rationalise the ending of a story with a different perspective ( The cheating whore`s) never works. Most authors on this site do it, but it`s only self- serving. So you get negative feedback for a story. Use it. Don`t try to tell the reader how to interpret a story, and don't try to force them to agree with your point of view by writing a follow-up story full of over used excuses (weak ones at that). Put a full stop, write "The end" and move on to the next one.

OCD? Hormones? Menopause? All been used, and all are bullshit excuses. Millions of people the world over have those, and are honest, loving and faithful.

I`m not trying to beat on QHML1 here, because I do like his writing, but don`t be upset if people disagree with you from time to time. Otherwise, life becomes very angry very fast, because nobody should agree on everything, all the time. How dull and boring would that be?

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago

Sheila was not only a cheating slut but a miserable excuse for a human being who took pleasure in causing her husband pain. After he was stupid enough to take her back the first time she should of made sure to be the perfect wife for the rest of her life. Seeing as she didn't and pulled exactly the same shit on him again, allowing her back into his life in any way ruins this story. His granddaughter betraying a man she was the closest to and hero worshiped is nothing more than bad story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
She did

She got his money, she got to play around while married, she got to be a bitch. He got jack shit other then what he was due and worked for and even lost his money to the bitch, so as to the question Who got the better end of the deal? She did, she still has a relationship with him after all the bullshit she did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
anon A 3-18-14

Project much?

carbinemastercarbinemasteralmost 10 years ago
don't know what to think

I like your writing, but I'm not sure what to think about this one. He didn't even try for revenge, as I understand the term. He was generous with her to a fault, giving her cash she wasn't entitled to (among other things). But, he also enjoys throwing curve balls and playing head games. Not that Sheila doesn't deserve it of course. I just can't completely understand where Roy is coming from. Most people I know fit into one of two groups: BTB, or just walk away. Roy doesn't fit either. Still, I enjoyed your story as usual.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
come on people

he's treating her like the slut she is

Lonewolf2013Lonewolf2013almost 10 years ago
Gave this a "1" because it was a waste of time, yours and mine.

Giving us Sheila's point of view was just a waste of time, I only read a small part of the first page and skipped to the end. This chapter was not needed a better ending of chapter 02 would have been much better.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
He Didn't Have to Do a Thing

She burned herself. She screwed up and lost her mate. Please, do not use the menopause or midlife crisis excuse. Selfishness at any age is simply that, selfish, and stupid! On the other hand, Roy was having a pussy parade and for a man, that can be a close second to having a loving faithful and supportive wife. (The fact that she was so negative about his abilities and competitive with her mate is something I have seen in cheating women. It is NOT loving and certainly not good to live with.) So, she was not a loving wife. She was a wife who was loved, and threw it away.

markranemarkraneover 9 years ago
As Always...

A great story from "Q". I have no idea why I didn't read this sooner. Might be one of his best. Roy wins it all and if the BTB crowd can't figger it out, well then they must be idiots. But I repeat myself.

Thanks for the great stories "Q".

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
BTB, Sort Of

True, he didn't grind her into the dust, but he has a great life, all the pussy he can handle, and the most she can hope for is to be an occasional booty call.

It doesn't appear that she has any other prospects, so she can only watch him have a ball, and have a few crumbs when he is in the mood.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Slut!

"After a while, I started dating again. Never found anyone I was interested in enough to date twice. And yes, I slept with a couple, I was young and healthy with needs, and it wasn't like I was going to betray anyone by doing it."

Let's see "Never found anyone I was interested in enough to date twice," yet slept with a couple? How in the hell do you sleep with someone you don't think even deserves a second date?!

racfguyracfguyover 9 years ago
Sure Shot Sheila!! LOL

"...But in college I went into full slut mode..."

Then after college she went into full bitch mode. What a selfish narcissistic cunt. She got what she deserved. You know, 'you made your bed, now you must sleep in it.'

Hope Roy and Sabrina can be together and happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Only firsr chapter worthy of reading. Other two pure crap.

Title says it all!

xtremeddxtremeddabout 9 years ago
Just reading over stories from last year looking to nominate for greatness....

still a classic for 2014. Great story and writing qhml1 !!

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
Well written without too many mechanical errors. ****

I did a lot of skimming. Seems like the author gave us add'l info, but not much. Could have taken the ending with Sabrina and attached it to chap 2 = end of story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good story

Until your ending comment. He may not have burned her to the ground and swept away the ashes, but divorcing her, screwing her friend and then suggesting a three way with that friend isn't exactly heart warming, friendly behavior. Of course it's her fault since she caused the divorce and then made the horrible decision to move up to live next to him. That was a mistake. And he appears to be using her as a sex toy and not much else. So while he may not have shoved her completely into the fire, I'd offer the opinion that she's getting a little toasty around the edges.

FD45FD45almost 9 years ago
I don't know why this was written

All that essentially changed is the POV and that she was Sure Shot Sheila. I did not get any real insights and frankly, the circle still can't be squared: You cannot have someone 'love their partner to death' and then have them treat their partner as incredibly contemptuously as this woman treated her husband. Sorry, you established VERY well how badly he was pretty much ignored, dismissed and treated with contempt. And one does not run away from someone they love for months.

So it strains credulity, in my eyes. It would have worked much better as a rediscovery piece: that she did NOT love him SO DAMNED MUCH but that she realized after the loss that she did.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

“But in college I went into full slut mode. I convinced myself I needed to get it out of my system, then go back home, marry, and be a good little wife far from my adventurous past.”

I guess THAT didn’t work!

I know I’m repeating what others have said, but she cheated on him BEFORE they were married and saw what happened, how could she POSSIBLY think that it would go over any better now that they were MARRIED? And as I said at the beginning, wasn’t her being a slut in college supposed to “get it out of her system”?

And again repeating what someone else said, how in the FUCK has she SLEPT with “a couple of guys” when she never found anyone worth dating twice?!

Her holding a grudge over the deck issue for years, even when she KNEW he was right, speaks volumes about her character.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 8 years ago
Story well done....

but a very unsatisfactory ending. The wife took more than a million off him, had denigrated him when she wasn't cheating, and it still looks as if they were about to get back again.

walrus90walrus90over 8 years ago
This 3rd Chapter was very necessary!

At least, we get an explanation about what made her such an impossible bitch. The credibility of that is a different matter. How can a nurse, working at a fully staffed hospital, cross-shift at that, go with these serious disorders for so many years without someone taking notice?

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 8 years ago
@sbrooks and walruss90

First off, sbrooks my sister got married at around 19 years old, her mother in law had a room in the house that had two sliding doors closing it off from the grand kids. Her father in law seeing that the family was growing by leaps and bounds, decided that they needed the room and removed the doors as well as the walls that they slid into. For almost thirty years the mother in law used to complain about it at any given time. In a way it was funny after twenty years, I happened to be there on leave from the army and accidentally brought it up and she went into a full rant about it. Truthfully it was funny at the time, but I was warned by my sister and her husband that to the day she died it was a sore point with her. I never brought it up again, but sometimes some of the kids would get in there and do something to get her going. So yes people can and do vent about things for years after the fact.

@walruss90, worked with someone in a hospital once, I had left and years later I get a message about this person having all kinds of things wrong. Probably the issue was that they saw her every day and as such it was a gradual change. So nobody took notice. When they did the work up on her then everything came to light. By that time though Roy had hit the limit on his bull-shit-ometer and pulled the pin on the grenade that blew his marriage apart.

Just my $0.02 here...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I couldn't help it

I liked the story. Maybe the 3rd ch was not necessary but it was an interesting tale. Scotty

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

“Despite what Roy thought, I never strayed while we were married until right there at the end, although I did go out to dinner twice with a doctor while Roy had to go out of town.” –Okay, maybe she didn’t fuck, but going out with other men IS straying!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
so granddaughter finally betrayed him for grandma, dump her to

why ruin a good life by bringing in old trash?

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Good 3 Parter But...

Overall,an good story but way too lengthy and repetitive. True,it was interesting to read it over from Sure Shot Sheila's point of view in Ch. 3,but it did kind of bog down

,becoming too repetitive.

Did not like the end with Sheila's friend Sabrina coming out to greet her after obviously having had sex with Roy. They,he in particular,were rubbing it in Sheila's face. She should have gotten up,smacked Sabrina in the face,hard,and silently left. Even before Ch. 3, I was sensing Roy's smug,ladies'-man attitude,and he turned out to be a bit of a shit himself.

It's ironic that Roy became a best-selling Romance novelist as his own romance/marriage was falling apart. (And it wasn't all Sheila's fault. After all,it takes two to tango!)

GoodhueGoodhueover 8 years ago
Follow-Up to My Previous Comment

The more I think about it,the more I believe that ALL of the main characters in this story were shitty people!

- Sure Shot Sheila was a shit for a multitude of reasons.

- Roy ended up becoming a shit with his smug,"I'll show her" behavior after she built a house just trying to remain close to him. His fucking of Sabrina,Sheila's long-time best friend (And then shoving it in her face by inviting her for breakfast),then suggesting a 3-way made him a smug,mean,vindictive piece of shit,no better than his former wife.

- It turns out that both Billy and wife Sabrina were a couple of shits.Billy cheating on her,and Sabrina betraying Sheila by fucking her ex and joining Roy by rubbing her face in it!

- The granddaughter turned out to be a sneaky piece of shit,meddling in a broken relationship she should have stayed out of. She also took advantage of each grandparent.

- Roy and Sheila's son,and his ex-wife turned out to be a couple of shits who apparently all but abandoned their daughter.

- Hard to end up with a satisfied feeling after reading this 3-parter when it was populated by a bunch of shitty people!

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 8 years ago
Why try to pick apart a masterpiece?

Critiquing this story is like trying to tell people how the Mona Lisa should have been painted. It's better to say nothing and let people wonder if you're an idiot, than to shoot off your mouth and prove that you are.

The only thing that burns me up about this story is that I wish I could write this well, and I can't! So I read, and re-read, stories like this one, and 'An Unexpected Reaction' and 'Air Possum' and persuade myself that I'm fortunate to have such well-crafted prose available to me, even if I can't write like that.

Hans

EdwardalanzoEdwardalanzoabout 8 years ago
Outstanding and realistic stoery

I agree with "HansTrimble", wish I could write this well.

As for those who think that Roy turned into a shit, ... well I don't think so.

Yes, people change based on outside influences, and Sheila really shit on Roy!

So Roy reacted and changed. He got tired of Sheila's attitude and actions, her calculated deserting him, and her ultimate braking of her marriage vows. So why should Roy be happy with her or take her back. It doesn't matter what she ultimately discovered about Why she acted like she, it only matters that she did what she did. And Roy had warned her years ago what would happen if she cheated again. She didn't even think about Roy, or his warning, when she deserted him and cheated.

The Bitch got what she deserved!

sinsational83sinsational83about 8 years ago
DAMN !!!

FIVE STARS FOR THIS ONE. This was an extremely well written, well put together story. Absolutely worth more than five stars but that's all they allow. Friggin good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good story, great writer

This was a good story, and the 3rd chapter added a little more context to the ending that made it more palatable for me. It still doesn't quite sit right with me though, and I think it's that he still has any contact with her at all. In a sense, she hasn't gotten him back, but she hasn't really lost him, either. She had no qualms about inflicting no small amount of pain on him, and is now for all intents and purposes shoving her ability to do what she wants back in his face. If I were him, I'd probably move, and threaten the granddaughter with being cut off if she spills the new location.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
wow

excellent writing, just excellent.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

A different perspective.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 8 years ago
plase btb crowd

Get a grip,these people are in theyr sixties ,it's not like she's gonna cheat on him when they are 70 lmfao

dwhit48988dwhit48988about 8 years ago
Good Read

I have read all the chapters several times and this was the first time I enjoyed Chapter 3. This was the first time I thought that more character was developed for his ex-wife. It did not add to the story but showed the woman and her short comings.

lihplihpalmost 8 years ago
well written, as always, but

It didn't really add enough to bother.

SixishSixishalmost 8 years ago
Liked it

This is my favorite kind of story most of the btb stories get to unrealistic in hating women. This one had a dice of realism to it. Nice job!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8991 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES