All Comments on 'How to Write Realistic Transsexual Characters'

by TGirlNerd

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
wjthermanwjthermanabout 11 years ago
Excellent!

I think this is very much needed and welcome. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

William smythWilliam smythabout 11 years ago
Fascinating and informative

While this is no doubt of great value to those who aspire to write about transsexuals and/or cross-dressers, I found it of interest in furthering my understanding of these individuals and their diversities.

A well written treatise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Useful primer

A very well written and thought-out article.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Excellent

Agree or disagree with lifestyle, nature, and choice - that is your prerogative. For us writers, this is about the best primer I've read. Thank you, very much!

Ike_The_SpikeIke_The_Spikeabout 11 years ago
Excellent information

I read this hoping I would gain some insight into transgendered people, it succeeded. I'd love to see input from a trans male for completeness though.

I don't know if I'll use this to write anything, but I found it to be good personal knowledge. If I were to write something though, I'd like to know what to call genitals for trans men and women. I saw what not to call them, and that's helpful, but what do we call them. I imagine it will be different for each individual, but guidelines are always good.

Thanks again for the excellent effort!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good synthesis of complex topic

You might stress that hormones and surgery don't work magic, if only because you seem to be educating the lay public, rather than telling us how to craft an awesome fantasy. Us guys have scars on our chests and I'm still as scrawny as I was before hormones. I'm sure you know more than I do about the less than stellar surgical results for women.

Joscelyn2tgJoscelyn2tgover 9 years ago
Of Course I Would Give This The...

...Five stars its worthy of, but I only wish I could see that you had written more stories worthy of your knowledge. Thanks for making this little manual for understanding the transgender transsexual woman/man. I know it will help as a starting point for authors who are constantly asking me for the exact same thing and I hope you won't be upset if I refer them to this fantastic reference work when I am again asked for this (as I absolutely know I will be). I also hope you will be able to find the time in future to write more stories using your wonderful writing ability. I will be looking forward to this. Cheers! --- Josie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I felt you touched each point wonderfully! I like how you explained that everyone is different and not every transman will enjoy the same things, etc. I hope that the stories on here become better and less dysphoria producing on her! <3

yumekoyumekoabout 9 years ago
Thank you for writing this!

I first read this a long time ago, but I lost my bookmark, and only found it again recently. It inspired me to write my own article about writing healthy relationships with women, both cis and trans, which I hope will be accepted, as I've just submitted it as my first submission to Literotica.

It's very discouraging, as a trans lesbian, to come to Literotica, and not be able to find stories to which I can relate, and to be overwhelmed with degrading and demeaning portrayals of trans women. I very rarely even delve into the Transsexuals & Crossdressers category, because I know the likelihood is that I'm not just going to be disappointed, I'm going to be sickened.

alexandrariosalexandrariosalmost 5 years ago
excellent advice for writers everyone else too.

thanks for a very honest and thorough analysis. I appreciate your notes on terminology, but if we are to write honestly about the precarious place transsexuals occupy in society, isn't some usage of the perjoratives you renounce (ladyboy, tranny, etc.) necessary and appropriate? I don't think we can afford to sugarcoat the modern transsexual experience when transphobia and transfemicide seem to rise in concert with the public attention paid to transsexuals.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous