All Comments on 'Old World Magic Ch. 18'

by rhev

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
aerathiaerathiabout 10 years ago
welcome back

yay for chapter 18 glad you're back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

So now he really is Adam's Bitch? That pretty much ruined the story for me. Shame.

rhevrhevabout 10 years agoAuthor
No anon, don't worry

He's not 'Adam's bitch' don't worry. But the fact is that Adam is much older, more skilled, and powerful than Mike for now. He's biding his time. He can't challenge Adam dead on, but he did plant the seeds for his rebellion that you'll see by chapter 20.

EdwarusEdwarusabout 10 years ago
Motherfu!?er

Damn cliffhanger i hate you but love the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Falcon66

Cool story welcome back old world magic seeing that Adam and mike are going to have another faceoff in the coming chapters. Mike power is growing exponentially but not quite there yet .can't see what happens next.

observer7observer7about 10 years ago
Heh heh

It is so amusing how quickly some readers lose faith in their main character because they don't have a magic I-Win Button. You would think that they don't expect conflict in a story, or something...

I imagine these types of readers to be the same "background filler" people in a story, who look on at their hero getting struck down and turn their back on him in embarrassment. Shame, indeed.

rhevrhevabout 10 years agoAuthor
re: observer

Well, when I started this story, there were three things I wanted to keep in mind for the story as a whole;

1. I wanted each chapter to be around two or three literotica pages long. I sometimes get bored with the longer stories / chapters, no matter how well written they are.

2. I wanted each chapter to have a fair mix of plot and sex, because I get annoyed at stories that have only one and not the other. I also try to end each chapter with, or shortly after, the sex scene.

3. I didn't want the protagonist (Mike) to be godmode. Too many scifi / mind control stories are ruined by 'magic' that just becomes all powerful and overwhelming. To that point there will ALWAYS be someone more powerful than Mike in my story. He may not know it, he may not have any dealings with the person that's more powerful, but someone out there will always be stronger / smarter / faster than him. He is not the dragon reborn, he is not neo, he is not anikan or luke. But what he is, is an experienced man who's been raised up to a new line of existence, one where he participates in a world of magic. He's just now learning that he's an archmage, which is something powerful and special, but he's also aware that he's still a fledgling, he's still new. He's smart enough to know that the list of things he doesn't know are far greater than what he does.

Oh, and also, obviously... sex helps fuel his powers. :) but you knew that.

ShingekiShingekiabout 10 years ago
Nice Chapter

Good story looking forward for more!

Glad you didn't vanish like other authors.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Ouch!

I was just starting reading this chapter when a thought struck me (and yes, it did hurt). Why is it that he as an archmage can copy spells from other 'schools' he encounters, but still is limited to his own school's way of replenishing mana?

(Of course I'm aware why, for the sake of the story and the amusement of the readers.)

But still, from the meta-side it seems odd to be able to ascend one aspect, but not another.

Just pondering.

rhevrhevabout 10 years agoAuthor
re: ouch

You really answered your own question. It's just to put sex into it. BUT if you really want a meta answer, lets come up with one!

First, all mages replenish mana naturally slowly over time. It's like a faucet dripping water into their 'pool' slowly over time. But however they replenish (sex for eromancers, appreciation of beauty for fleshcrafters, etc) mana alternatively grants them a huge and immediate rush of mana. So instead of a trickle of mana, it's a giant cooler of Gatorade dumped over their heads. (sorry, im in superbowl mode).

So if he's an archmage, why is he limited to still one form of mana replenishment? Answer : He isn't, he just doesn't know any other way yet. His experiments with striking out and trying to experiment with magic on his own have had mixed results, usually fairing into the danger zone (LANNNAAAAAA). But maybe if someone else teaches him how to draw mana into himself he will.

But that's just the 'meta answer'. The truth is 'because sex.' This is litEROTICA after all. :)

-Rhev

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
welcome back

excited to see where this goes. I am glad that you found your muse and decided to pick up the story again. I was worried for a while there that you wouldn't get it going again. Keep up the good work. it is an inspiration and the more i read the more i want to try my had at writing. not quite there yet...soon maybe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Still keeps my interest

Still enjoying the read, just wish it could come around quicker. I had hoped you would put more into the encounter with Emily Whitefield; but suspense can make the story more interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

He should pin the money on Adam. Makes an easy cover for an escape, and good excuse as to why he ran if Adam ever catches up to him. (And of course, the lulz don't hurt.)

rhevrhevabout 10 years agoAuthor
damn

Damn, that's a great idea. If I'd had it a few months ago, I think I would have gone with that! Great suggestion though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Rhev

It's so great to have you back! I'm sorry I'm more than a month late in catching up on the last two updates (18 and 19).

Great writing as always. And I love the Danger Zone - Archer reference in the comments. Classic.

Keep up the awesome work!

John Dough

rhevrhevabout 10 years agoAuthor
Thanks, Archer rules.

Thanks,

My wife and I named our rescue kitty "Sterling" because he's all black, except for the fluffy fur around his neck which is a slightly darker shade of black.

True story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous