All Comments on 'The Cabin'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 147 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Maybe not perfect

but so damned close. Thank you. 5* and then some.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
hands down top 5 reads on Literotica~!

So beautifully written and constructed. and I don't normally say that. WONDERFUL!

~R.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great read

Thanks for such a well developed story. The ending was bittersweet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
FAA not FFA (Future Farmers of America)

Otherwise, excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Clearly 5/5

WoW!

Thank you.

ram

mcollectmcollectover 9 years ago
Yes 5 out of 5

Thank you, is there another chapter in you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
High 5 well worth it.

A good story, a brilliant twist, well told.

erotic YES Smutty NO

titilating YES pornographic NO

I hope a few others take your lead

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
FFA of course

From the Wikipedia:

quote

The Free File Alliance is a group of tax preparation companies that have partnered with the Internal Revenue Service to provide free electronic tax filing services to U.S tax payers meeting certain guidelines.

unquote.

And yes, it is excellent, awesome. A pity we cannot vote 5+.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
AWESOME & WELL WRITTEN!!

This is the type of effort by a talent that is "writing" in every perspective. BRAVO!

Another chapter or 2-3 with the small cast of characters would be outstanding, the stage has been set, multiple layers or levels could roll on and to our enjoyment.

Please continue to share your talents with us as this submission is a superb magnet!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
2*s

The Cabin did not make me happy.

I guess I'm bucking the trend. DreamCloud like everything you write ,there was a lyrical flow in the dialogue that is wonderful to read. But the plot, the fantasy didn't grab me. Then the errors, the logs for the fireplace well I guess you never spent time in a winter cabin. Oh my god! The abuse of the innocent liquor, that's terrible, lol.

This post struck me as a part of a longer, better story. Then you chopped it out and stuck a guardian angel into it. Or maybe it's your idea of a stroke story. Death by suicide but first HOT sex,lol ( I just ccrack myyself uppp ).

Anyway, it didn't work for me. 2*s ,but I am still looking forward to your next story.

I'm a glutton for punishment DC .

AMerryMan

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thankyou. ..

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. Thankyou.

JPBVJPBVover 9 years ago
Loved it

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Terrific!!

Thanks!

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Great Story Line*****

Something different and very entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

DoctimeDoctimeover 9 years ago
Piss Off Anonymous

I thought it was a wonderful story. We need more guardian angels, especially those who want to swallow a "log" and then feed the fire. We need more mystery and romance in life. I love stories like this. I also love cabins in the mountains. Dream on Dream Cloud!

jott50jott50over 9 years ago
totally blindsided me with this one

loved it !!! interesting story line with green panites...lol

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
you have to watch out for those pesky organic farmers

it takes a lot of time and education to become certified by the FFA.

Then, of course, there are the pilots. Do angels have to take flight instruction to get their wings? would that be a question for an instructor to look up in the FAA regs?

At this point I think it best if we not get involved with the requirements necessary for an accountant to become a CPA.

bgmisfunbgmisfunover 9 years ago
An x-rated spin off of "it's a wonderful life?"

Interesting. So Clarence the angel becomes a 30-something fuckable angel? Clever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Future Farmers of America are really ruining things for the Federal Aviation Association

Other than that pretty good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
How Can I Find "Julie"?

A well written story about a man so depressed he is ready to freeze himself to death. Then Julie comes along and saves him. This reader was wondering along with the protagonist about how one could total a snowmobile on a tree, no helmet and just a scrape on the head. Many more questions arose about her mysterious behavior.

All of them capturing this depressed guy's imagination. Then they were answered. I imagine a lot of depressed people are longing for "Julie' to appear. Some of us go out searching for "her". My depression stems from loss. "Julie" is what I need to get over my loss. Whether I find "her" or not dictates my passion and zest for life. Not too promising at this point which is why I am posting anonymously.

I was so captivated by your five star work that I missed that FF thing that other comments allude to.

Thank you so much for this story! I loved it!

dhh37363dhh37363over 9 years ago
Thank you!

Clever and nice story. What happened to the snowmobile?

CFBwriterCFBwriterover 9 years ago
Very satisfying.

Great story development, good foreshadowing without overdoing it, and excellent description of the sex. The question of who she was allowed a real 'fantasy' sequence that ended up making sense and made the whole work nicely. Very satisfying. We should all be so lucky....

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
screw the details

and the mistakes.

It was a good story,

but you need a better proof reader.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Common Error

Why do so many Literotica authors use the phrase "the both of us" when "both of us" will always suffice. Otherwise a fine story. Red

Bomber

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Did not see this one coming.

I thought Julie was probably a friend of somebody in the family. Fabulous twists in this story; very powerful and uplifting. Even erotic in places! :)

frazodfrazodover 9 years ago
Sorry this didn't win

I read quite a few stories for the 2014 holiday's stories, and I definitely found this one the best.

I have enjoyed everything you have published here (even the BSDM stuff).

If you ever decide to publish please let me (us) know so I (we) can support a fantastic author (and also the editor Tim413413).

Thank you for writing....

oldwayneoldwayneover 9 years ago
That Anonymous Jerk that gave it a TWO ought to have his pansy-assed butt kicked!

I thought it was a really good tale and gave you a well-deserved Five Stars!

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
a 'wry" comment

terrifically modern fable.. i love the twists and turns in the plotline. Wings Over The World, indeed and in deeds.

However, bourbon? Sorry but i'm a rye whiskey drinker. Can't stand that sweet corn cough syrup taste.

SunloverSunloverabout 9 years ago
Great story

Very well written story with a great plot. Very entertaining. Now I have to read all your stories :-).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Only One Problem...

If he starts dating her he is always going to be thinking about Julie. I mean, I love the story, and the ending is a good twist... I just worry.

The fact that I worry should be an indication of how much you made me care. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

touched my heart as much as it warmed me inside :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A good twist

Nice little story, this one.

HP

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 9 years ago
Clever

Nice story. Good plot. We all need a guardian angel..... thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Cute!

Wish I had my own guardian angel like that :)

Lovelots, HunterChic1807 xoxo

elrayo41elrayo41almost 9 years ago
TRICKY MORE THAN SEXY

CONGRATULATIONS. Your story borders on sentimentality and manages to surprise us with an introduction to guardian angels and divine intervention. Your mechanics, i.e. grammar, pace, narrative POV. Thanks for sharing.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 9 years ago
A BEST!!!!

GREAT story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Interesting Story all the way to the end!

At least your stories are not predictable, great read and never knew what was around the corner in the next page. Keep them coming.

Louisiana Cajun from Baton Rouge

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WOW

I love this story! :D The plot, the pacing, the characters, everything! You got a real gift my friend! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow

Never expected that. Very creative. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Names?

*The only thing I found missing was Samantha's middle name, which is Julie, of course!

*A bit long on the lead-in, but not too bad in and of itself. Just that it needed to be mentioned later on to tie the story together.

*Your editor needs to review verb-subject grammar ('breath' is a noun, 'breathe' is the verb) , as well as prepositional phrases used within a sentence.

*Loved the storyline!!!

Skyhawk65Skyhawk65over 8 years ago
Memories are perishable...

I read this story a while ago, but I forgot the ending. That's a good thing because it makes the reading as enjoyable the second time around. Favourite story, favourite author. Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Absolutely Fantastic!!!

Certainly one of the best erotic stories I have read! And one of the most uplifting and spiritual as well!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and keep em coming! You made my day!!

May God Bless You!!

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 8 years ago
Wow!

I was getting ready to be a little disappointed until I read "Dad, we're still screwed,"...

A fantastic ending to a damn fine story came from almost nowhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well Done!

Another one of the hidden gems in all the stories on the site! Finding a story like this is why I keep looking. It's fun!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome Story

Made me cloud up at the end!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
excellent story

as many people have commented I would give it a 5+, we had to wonder about "Julie" most of the way though the story, and how they were going to get off the mountain then it all wrapped up in the end- great story

thurerigthurerigover 8 years ago
Great

I love your style!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just lovely..........

.........but I wish I could meet my own Julien (the male version) it would be just lovely! Anyway back to reality. Thank you for sharing this story and your talent. I have been reading many stories here on Lit and you are one of two of my favourite authors. There was a third author who was really talented but she used her fans for her own selfish reasons - to test out her stories on Lit only for her to sell her book on Amazon, then pull all her stories off lit, including ones she did not sell. I thought her shallow as well as mean. Don't get me wrong we all need money and some want fame, but really if you put your stories on here then go on to sell it! Have the decency to remember where your struggle started! If DC you ever choose to publish your works of art, please don't become heartless and forget us here! You may or may not know how many of your stories touch some of us in positive ways that enables the sadness to change into happy thoughts. Thank you

DeandraDee

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 8 years ago
OK, seriously, how do I add you to my favorite favorite's list...?

Very well put together and well worth the time reading it... Thanks for the story...

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
It's scary

how really good you are. I don't know what else I can say, at the moment, that I haven't said in response to the previous stories I have read by you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wonderful

As the story went along, you dropped many tiny hints so that when the big reveal came it was pretty obvious what it was - not that I am unhappy about the way you did it - I liked it, a lot (especially the little twist you put in the end).

The_x_physiologistThe_x_physiologistalmost 8 years ago
PLEASE MAKE A SEQUEL!!!

I absolutely loved your story! There was a legitimate build up in characters wih back stories and a plot. A previous commenter had written that you put subtle clues so the ending wasn't as big a surprise but it had that slight twist in the end that has all your readers wanting more - including myself!

You did a great job and I really look forward to a "part two" of this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The Cabin

What a great story. A 5 star rating for sure. I loved the characters and the ending. What a great read. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
More

More, more, more

Please?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Love your stories

I'm slowly working my way through all of your submissions and I felt like I just had to comment. I love the style of your writing, I always feel like I've become some kind of emotional wreck after reading them but your writing takes me to another world and I thank you for my lost hours dreaming.

Keep up your good work, you have such a special talent. Thank you for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I tried, I really did.

But there are No criticisms, helpful, or otherwise, and my only comment echoes an earlier one, "More, more."

BJwriterBJwriteralmost 8 years ago
Ending concern

I felt the natural ending would have been him looking around the cabin with the beat of the helicopter approaching. That was at the end of p. 3 and I was surprised to find more story on the next page. Other than that, I liked the story a lot. The sex scenes were nicely done; they got my juices going. I was almost hoping they would stay there in the cabin enjoying each other and having great, steamy sex until the end, perhaps being rescued at the last minute, perhaps found nude and entangled in bed having one last go at it.

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Such Great Reading.

Thank you for the great pleasure of another of your absorbing and unique stories. Can only hope that you enjoy writing as much as your readers enjoy reading your work. Please do not cease giving us these gems.

JakkEasterwoodJakkEasterwoodover 7 years ago
A truly great story

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent

This was an excellent tale, well written and managed to keep me wondering throughout with a surprise ending.....5 stars

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8over 7 years ago
Definitely different

Surprising story with a more surprising ending. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WooWoo

Literally, fucking angels. No shit! give me a break.

SSS_fubSSS_fubover 7 years ago
Angels.

Okay, loved the story and out of all of yours that I have read so far, that was definitely the most shocking ending. I mean angels, really? Still loved it, keep up the great work DC!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Holy S***

Great story, but the end was in another different level. This story is just AWESOME.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
your brilliance

Is such a turn on, I have to say it. This is a lot because I don't even like leaving comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
V ery nice and plausible love story. Well written and believable. Ten pages flowed

Dear Author, Never saw it coming. You did a great job of story telling. Thank you for the trip which I found quite enjoyable. A strong five! jntiques

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good Samaritan

Well developed, held me and blindsided me at the end. Excellent story!

xxxDaveFreemanxxxDaveFreemanabout 7 years ago
Another Great Story

You never disappoint me. Thank you for another GREAT story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

A really good story.

Enjoyed it

Caxtor

Billo1903Billo1903about 7 years ago
Perfect...again

I read and re-read your stories, they are wonderful.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yep!

Another really nice story.

Ella76Ella76about 7 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed your story. Thank you.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 7 years ago
Reread This Little Gem.....

..... just because I wanted to enjoy it again. Your stories are as satisfying as a fine bottle of wine, but fortunately for your readers your stories can be enjoyed over and over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great read!

Great story! Very enjoyable. Liked the twist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
second time

I have to admit it, I am addicted to your writing. My second time on this one and again, I feel so good afterwards. Wish there were more of your stories. Wish there were more authors of your caliber .

Thank you so much.

rapperbsrapperbsover 6 years ago
Awesome story

Your writing skills are a gift. Thanks for sharing that gift with us, and taking the time to put your thoughts on paper. I know the time involved just putting a 4 page story together. Just to put the story together requires some thought. Thank You!

dou1t2dou1t2over 6 years ago
Romance and Lust, GR8 Job!

I'm hooked, you inspire me to write some of my stories..........................

KaereniSisterKaereniSisterover 6 years ago

Thank you Dream Cloud for sharing this story. I had just finished reading one that instead of a happy ending, it turned into something sick and twisted. Your story got the taste of that one out of me. I am looking forward to reading your other ones. Again thank you for posting this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WHY ME

I'm not sure why, your stories bring out in me so much emotion, if that is just your way of writing or your trying to fill gaps in peoples lives, God in Heaven knows that I have enough gaps and holes to fill the Ocean it seems.either reason will work for me, yeah it's true I have a really F-up life, some my fault, ok now that i'm an adult I take responsibility for my choices in life, But before i was able to do that those choices where my mothers and sisters, Imagine your mother telling you just how much she hated you , and I quote, I wish you had never been born ,I should knocked you in your head,when you were a baby , cause you'll never amount to anything, you'er just like your worthless uncle. No I wasn't a perfect child I had HDAD and ran as wild as i could, no body loved me, I take that back I had an uncle Terry who treated me with love and respect, he would even say he loved me, that was so long ago,I almost forgot. I must have been 8 or 9 then, he gave me my first bike, a sting ray,it used to be his from when he was a boy,but then my other uncle stole it saying it was his, the fight that started.. so back to my sisters my mother,and now I have this very distorted view of woman, I don't trust them, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about all the other stuff my so called mother did to me, so besides not wanting me.she gave me none of her time, and the time she did give was with a belt, or a stick ,she once beat me with the fan belt of a simi truck motor, and i became black and blue from head to toe…wife is asking for B- fast so got to go .R W really love your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
exemplary

another "very good read"

pussy eater

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Deciding.....

If I like your story telling or plot structure better. Both are excellent, but now I'm going to spend an inordinate amount of time weighing which is better. Thank you for providing me with this most pleasant conundrum.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
~ twist...

~ there's always a "something unique" in your stories that make them different and interesting... Like the angel here...i was not expecting it! LOL... I couldnt stop reading your works and re-reading them! More power dreamcloud! :0)

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 6 years ago
Great the Second Time

I have found that I have read all of Dream Cloud's stories at least once a few (like this one) twice. So even though I knew almost from the beginning who Julie was it was still fun to read again. And I had forgotten the Samantha punch line so that was a good finale. I'm distraught (never thought I'd use that word) that there are no more Dream Cloud stories. I read an oblique (another seldom used word) comment that there were some legal complications that kept this author from writing more, and that is very unfortunate, but at least I know that there is one really great author in this morass (another good word) of mediocrity on Literotica that knows how to both create a plot and write it well. Thanks and farewell!

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyalmost 6 years ago
What a sweet story!

And I mean that sincerely. I’m having a hard time maintaining my cynical crustiness. You’re blowing my curmudgeonly cover! I hope you monitor your comments, so I can say thank you.

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Gotta get a life!

Got ambushed by this story even though the outcome was sort of hazily predicted.

Your writing technique is good enough for me to want to know exactly how you're going to earn the five pointy things I'm giving this!

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Others might have, but I didn't see the ending coming

I just thought he would end up getting some hugs from his sister and a bunch of stern lecturing. I didn't see the daughter of the Helicopter Pilot coming into the picture and I thought the Angel was his sisters.

I will give you a 5 for throwing several curveballs into the story, at least to me they were.

Being the only male in a family of 6 sisters and a mostly single mom, perhaps I am just tainted from being lectured by women most of my life especially for my numerous screw-ups. Well, I don't think they were screw-ups but the women in my life do.

Apparently, choosing jobs most of my life that got me tackled, punched, kicked, sliced, stabbed, shot and nearly blown up once was poor life choices on my part according to them. They thought I had come to my senses after leaving a short 3 years in the CIA doing Intell Gathering only to see me sign up for 8 years in the Navy as an Intell Officer in the Field. Once that was over I switched to Firearms Training and Part-Time Hobbyish P.I.

But the real Bitching, Crying, & Lecturing began at 6am on September 12, 2001 when I was standing at the door waiting for the Commander to open it at my local National Guard Armory to "Re-Enlist" in the Military. I guess they knew this was something I felt I had to do because they all started calling and coming over shortly after 12 Noon on 9-11 fearing I would do what I did the next day. They knew what going into the Guard would entail and even though my youngest sister describes me as the biggest BadAss she has ever met, they still feared for my safety as I had garnered a reputation of leaping before considering the danger of situations. My sisters are all kind of small, small being under 5'9" and 120lbs. They are nothing like me at 6'7" 265lbs. While my mothers family is smaller people, my Dad and his family were big people but I am the biggest by 2" over a cousin of mine.

None of us, including myself, were prepared for my 1st deployment to Iraq to last 23 Fucking Months. When I got back none of my sisters or my mom would leave me alone for the first 2 months. When I got the orders for my 2nd Deployment I thought they all were going to shit SUV's. My one sister, who is friends with one of our D.C. Senators went to her and demanded she make sure the Deployment would not be anywhere near that long again. Like a Senator, even a powerful one, could do anything about it lol.

Even now, being retired and only doing the Firearms Training, I am constantly lectured by the women in my life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Exceptional...

...way above the common Lit drivel. Gonna read all your stories, thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
DCloud, don't know how you do it !!

I have read all of your stories, quite a few twice. Every story is different and complete.

Way better than anybody on this site. Thank you.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 5 years ago

Really good story would love a squeal

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow!

I liked Bills most excellent adventure! This is the second of your stories I’ve read, and I know for sure I will be reading all the rest. You’re really good... thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Boring!!

Do you know how boring it is to have to read your stories and almost know that inevitably I'm going to give you five pointy things, and ignore the minor editing glitches?

In fact I'm most probably going to be bored enough to read another one of yours

to make sure I stay awake!

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Fun read

Very good story, really enjoyed the ending, more please

WordcraftWordcraftover 4 years ago
MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE AUTHOR

I would like ten minutes with the thief who stole your works on Literotica to sell them on Amazon. Just ten minutes, that would be more than enough. Per Literotica's FAQ's (see below) it states they will go after people who violate copywrite law. I'm more than curious to know if that actually happened. If so, I hope the thief suffered painfully. It's a travesty for all of us on LIT that we won't read any new stories from you. Every story you have written strikes emotional chords in all of us. We aren't just reading, we feel it too. Thank you for what you have written.

"While Literotica is not in any way required to enforce your copyright for you, you are granting us the right to do so if we become aware of anyone using your story without your explicit consent. The right to enforce your copyright that you are granting us includes the right to file DMCA complaints, file lawsuits, and any and all other necessary actions, both foreign and domestic, to prevent unauthorized people and companies from using your submissions without your permission."

Wordcraft

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Is there a part 2?

I didn't see a second chapter on the author's list of stories. Does anyone know if theres a part 2 or another story that would fit?

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Love angel and hope

My second time around for this story and it still brought tears to my eyes, I've lost my angel and there is not much hope of finding another.................

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Brilliant

Once again a brilliant story that held enraptured till the end......personally, I think it needs a follow-up... Thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

Excellent crafting, delicious descriptions and great timing. Just enough to bring a glow of happiness over the tension that you had built up in those four chapters.

Excellent, just excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What A Wonderful Story

Really enjoyed this story and I must say it is on a par with your other fantastic ones! You have the ability of producing a piece of work that is so distinctly different from the others. It is a tragedy that consequent on your work being plagiarized, you have stopped writing for LIT. Wish you well DreamCloud, in your future enterprises. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Found something

Sometimes answers found when you aren't looking for or at unlikeliest places. I found one in this story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I HATE JIGSAWS!!

When I do a jigsaw, the pieces rarely fit, even when you adjust them using scissors. This blasted author however, seems to have the knack of plotting them together seamlessly - clever bastard! 5 ill-fitting pointy things because of the scissors.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous