All Comments on 'A Circumstantial Case'

by jake60

Sort by:
  • 354 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
One of the Best!

Great story, I really enjoyed it, thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wimp

Should of let them rot behind bars. After all, when you think about it, Mark will always be in his prison: his self imposed victim protection program.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good Read

It's been used a time or two, but still an excelent story!!!

JC Atl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Loved it!

Love to read stories like this: a great plot with betrayal, revenge, a great murder trial, with a lot of good research to back it up. Loved the devices that Mark used to make a 'murder' happen. Truthfully, I doubt that after he went to that much trouble to set them up, that he would have bothered to get them out. I doubt his conscience would have bothered him that much! LOL! Only flaw I found was, that if his neighbor had made a private purchase of a firearm, then it would not been traceable at all. And it was unnecessary to try and explain it. But that's a nit.

Orion623Orion623over 15 years ago
Very Well Done

An interesting story, well written and an ending that provided a sense that the wife and her lover received their rightful share of retribution.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Good long read

I liked this long story mode as a way of avoiding posting

delays. The plot has been around for centuries and it is executed in fine style in this story and with these characters. The characters are believable and the revenge is slightly exotic. A good thing that the death penalty was not applied! Of course, the evil figure of the good friend could have walked that mile, but... the confused "victim" wife did not deserve it. Of course, we the tax payers footed a rather large bill for a little nooky....

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
OK, big loop hole at the end

You left the police with the easy task of finding Mark, let's see, recent heart surgery ... With the resources available to the police, it would take them about a week to track him down. Ending interesting but weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Maybe not a big loophole after all

Yes, it would help a lot to trace recent major heart surgeries. But would they? The cops and DA are angry at being duped, but going after Mark would just remind the public of how easily they were duped. I suspect they will just go about their business and hope everyone forgets about the whole mess.

torchthebitchtorchthebitchover 15 years ago
Very well done

Nicely written. Well set up. Mark's need for closure to move on with his life is well illustrated. But I would agree that there are enough clues to track him down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Heart surgery ---

As I read for the first time, the heart surgery is the only banana peel I see..... However, I truly enjoyed

Thank you

cageyteecageyteeover 15 years ago
The very best read I've had in too long a time!

Although it appeared obvious where you were going with it, the ending caught me totally by surprise. I really enjoyed the parts where the adulterers had to describe their activities during the investigation and trial. Very nice touch! Thanks for all the time, effort and talent you put into entertaining us!

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 15 years ago
GREAT STORY 1 question about the end

wow... great read. Geat story... consistent characters.

<br></br>

1 question about the ending...

<br></br>

I cannot believe that Lisa really had a faint hope of reconciling with Mark...

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 15 years ago
A very good mystery in LW genre

As I intimated in my post to you from the other site, I think you did a great job and I was thoroughly entertained.<P>

Please keep the stories coming.<P>PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Good read

Read like a Law and Order story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Damn!

Great writing! I could have a couple of quibbles, but nothing of substance. This was a thoroughly entertaining short story.

-- KK in Texas

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 15 years ago
Pretty good.

Why tell us up front that Mark is alive and set the whole thing up? It would have been much better to present the facts and lead the reader, along wuith the police and DA, into the ruse. Not bad at all though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Enjoyed it very much!

Good writing! Good story telling!

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterover 15 years ago
Great Job

It does my heart good to read a story so well put together. I hope to read more of your works at a later date. There are so many stories and so few good authors. I miss the post from some of the greats likes Blue88, Wetapa and Pappatode. Although Wetapa and Papatoad have made several good post lately.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
a story with an ending

this was a great story also that the author even went as far as to give it an ending, something that several of the authors on this site can`t seem to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Not so......

Very good story! The end caught me off guard though....

And it is true, that they would be able to link major heart surgeries to Marc..... IF and only IF he actually HAD heart surgery. The Police and State had already been duped MULTIPLE times by the man..... how would they know that the truth was being told this time around? He could have had a liver transplant, a kidney transplant, a heart transplant, a flue shot, his appendix taken out, or simply nothing at all! The police would consider that the guy was leading them down yet another alleyway.

And I would hardly call him a wimp. He financially ruined both of them, dragged their names through the gutter, made it atleast state wide knowledge that they are both douchebags (as well as it all being documented in court), and put them in jail for over a year! Though I guess some people won't be happy unless people suffer forever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Well done!

Just like in his previous stories (e.g., Amy finds her muse), Jake60 here has a winner. Well developed story, suspense, and a how did it happen detective story. Great mystery. RAG

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 15 years ago
Scary to Agree with Harry, but he's correct!

Great story - riveting and very well written. This theme has been done a couple of times before, but this story walks through the scenario step by step very nicely. It could almost end with, "Consequences are a bitch!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
wonderful read

Kept me riveted all the way through. well done. The suspense, the attention to detail and the individual emotions of the characters set this story apart from the normal murder novel. More please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Yes a Wimp

Mark will have lost his first wife and love FOREVER. Mark will have lost his first life FOREVER. So why not the guilty too?

GaryAPBGaryAPBover 15 years ago
Brilliant Story

What did Mark do that was illegal? There is a debate in these comments about whether he should be traced and charged. For what? Abandoning his own car? Well Yes that probably was against some local by-law. Spilling his own blood? That's not illegal. Walking out on an adulterous wife? That's not illegal. Making false telephone calls? There's no proof.

Of course he new exactly the consequences of his actions. And his plan worked out perfectly. But what did he do that was seriously illegal?

A wonderfully written short story. Thank you.

Gary

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great Story

THANK YOU Jake60!! Good stories like this one have become few and far between here. Please keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Superlative story telling

Very interesting plot based story! You should write for Hollywood! (better than most of their latest drivel)

zed0zed0over 15 years ago
Good Read, BUT. . .

You should have ended it with Blake being stabbed (with no mention of recovery)and rather than ramble on about open heart surgery and redemption, I think an ending involving Lisa with some sadistic guards and/or inmates would have gotten you a coveted zed0 "I love a Happy Ending" and a perfect 100. (LOL)

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
A great story (even if Mark have made one mistake)

I loved this very compelling read which kept me to my seat to the end. Solid characters and plot in the genre of the crime /trial thrillers - you don't get to read similar stories on this level too often here. <P>

Yes, I think I found one flaw in Mark’s otherwise quite flawless plan. When he added (on an impulse) the blood to the gas pedal of his wife’s car I believe he made a mistake which should have drawn the attention of the detectives. If indeed he wanted to create the impression that she was with Blake at the ‘crime scene’ and some of the fresh blood got stuck to the bottom of her shoes, how come nothing else from that crime scene got stuck to her shoes? Especially as he diluted the blood with water, presumably, she had stepped on soil but no particles from it were on her shoes except for the blood? And if she remembered to clean the shoes from the soil, wouldn’t she also clean the blood? <P>

I believe that inadvertently mark’s impromptu addition to his original plan could have exposed an effort to frame Lisa. Mark should have brought with him some soil from the "crime scene", mix it with the blood and smear it on the pedals... It is unlikely that Mark wanted to create the impression that Blake and Lisa drove in two cars, so it makes sense that the tires of her car would have no trace on them. Blake's car was on solid ground and would have no traces on them too. <P>

Still, overall - a very enjoyable read, thank you jake!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great Story

The only problem...instead of having your readers guessing, this author went one step further to satisfy everyone with explanations to each of the major characters. WHY!!!

His ex was hurt...so for a roll in the hay...she gave up a lifetime of happiness....duh!! these are what if's.

His best bud,,,for a roll in the hay..he gave up future riches....duh!! these aare what if's.

Both characters had NO POTENTIAL...they were losers...Mark just brought it forward sooner than later...

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
I was being a bit pre-maturely harsh ealier on

It turned out that the story did come together nicely, with high satisfaction. <p>

The pseudo elaborating scheme was actually carried out, was explained, rather well. By the new wife, the computer programmer, that is. It's obvious the author did not intend the husband to be outrageously vindictive, beyond what he did to them, to show them that everyone loses, if someone close to us decides on his/her own to start some actions that consequences are guaranteed (though un-acknowledged by the initiator at the time)... <p>

The only dagger to the cheater's heart --- considering she was still hoping, no one knows why!, after what she did to her husband --- would have been: <p>

"My two little twins and their 4 year-old brother and my wife and I have you to thank: without you and without your actions, of a person who purported to have loved me, I would not have come to be where I am right now, be the person who I am: a totally happy and content husband and father to three little bundles of heart-warming joys, the most precious life has to give to those of us who are lucky..." <p>

Not sure if that would hurt the cheater further, but he should have said it, since he did not intend to find out anyway!

toesmantoesmanover 15 years ago
Great read

This was very well done! And like GaryAPB, I'm not sure what "crime" Mark is supposed to have committed. Granted, he faked his death, but that is not a crime, if you don't profit from it in a monetary sense. He didn't make any false reports as such, altho the "Crime Stoppers" call could be somewhat problematic if he had tried to claim any money. He was not under any legal obligation to come forward at their trial to testify on the slut wife & her lover's behalf to say they didn't do what they were accused of. In short, a rather elaborate but well done frame-up & revenge story.

Joyce770Joyce770over 15 years ago
Excellent

Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. Great job, thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Mark's crime

This story was great ! I couldn't stop reading it. Several people have asked what Mark would have been charged with. I don't know what it would be in the USA, in Canada he would have been charged with "Obstruction of Justice" since he deliberately tried to ensure that a miscarriage of justice occurred. Lisa and Mike were never guilty of murder.

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 15 years ago
Fine storytelling but...

The story is quite good from a literary standpoint. My only complaint is that the many scenes involving lawyers and courtrooms became a bit tiresome. However, given the nature of the story, it could not be helped. Overall, kudos to the author for a tale well told.

<P>

That was the happy part. Here's the unhappy part. Previous commenters inquired about what crime Mark committed? He's guilty of obstruction of justice. By his deeds, he caused two innocent individuals in the eyes of the law to be sent to prison and made destitute. The fact that he's remorseful about his crime later is irrelevant. He's an unconvicted felon, and as such, deserves our loathing and disrespect.

<P>

Mark's crime cannot be justified. If you believe in the rule of law, then you <B>must</B> condemn Mark for his actions. Under the law, divorce is your only remedy for adultery. Anything more is self-gratification, and you are not so entitled. So while I admire jake60's literary skills, I completely disagree with his take on "justice."

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Sorry

But the only people to loath in this story are the unfaithful wife and total asshole friend. They willfully destroyed a marriage and a man, no remorse, no mercy, just fucked him over. Not many times in real life do the guilty parties get justice, in this story they do. He had no way of knowing if they would be charged but sex affair was over either way, that husband was able to move on was a bonus. If someone let alone a good friend tried to ruin my marriage I can assure you their would be a confrontation and I wouldn't give a damm if I broke some law or not. Some things in life are more important.

Lv2hvefnLv2hvefnover 15 years ago
Well written, but totally out of place

What does this bitter, stunted tale of revenge have to do with "Loving Wives-- tales of adventurous married women and their mates"?

droogedroogeover 15 years ago
Excellent story telling

I have not read a story like this on Literotica before its unique. And the quality of the writting puts an awfull lot of authors that I had considered highly acceptable into perspective. I was totally wrapped up in all your characters and really the only one I din't like in this story was Blake's so called "best friend". Well done please keep on writting and I thank you for a very entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Oh yeah

One of the best damned stories I've ever read on Literotica. It's a blessing and a curse...I enjoyed the story, and every fucked up wimp/cuck hubby and cheating whore story I read from here on out will measure up that much less alongside what you've written. I have read every, EVERY fucking story in the loving wives section and your story is the only one I'll make this comment to...you have a future in writing. Not the tasteless cheating crap so many laboriously spew, and not the faux-educated drivel that others revel in; you write a story that will appeal to the broad base of humanity, will be well received, and be highly sought after. Shit, it's as good as Grisham...it has an actual plot, which writers like mistymorgan couldn't find with a gps and a magic lamp. Kudos to you, sir, and best of luck.

roadbirdroadbirdabout 15 years ago
cant say enough

as the prevoius letter said one of the best damn stories i ever read on here..simply put greattttttttttt as tony would say

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
betrayal, punishment and resolution

they betrayed him, ones that should never have done that. mark struck back and was successful. there are doubts as to whether she loved him, based on what she did. its her story there. mark found relief and hers, not to find solace for a while

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
This Deserves an Award

This story was just ... well, it was perfect! Mark is a hero. Lisa and Blake are scum of the earth. And my favorite part of the whole story... good lawyers! I love it. Please write some more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
THE BEST

story I have read in loving wives. I was through the whole story before I realised there were NO mistakes, and there was punctuation. I will be looking for submissions from you every day. If you ever write a novel let me know, I will definitely buy it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Author deserves the award - perfect story!

Could make this into a movie or short drama easily - well done, author! The two cheating idiots deserve their punishments and actually he let them off easy.

lancewmlancewmalmost 15 years ago
Great story

Could not put it down.

ddpmanddpmanalmost 15 years ago
A Nice Read

A well spun tale that has been well written. I was at first afraid it would parallel a prior story about a writer who did the same thing and then flew to Spain and the Azores to find a happy ending.

Both tales are well done but this tops out at the end. many thanks for your writings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
truly scholarly work

There is not much one could say to briefly describe this tale by Jake60. A truly outstanding piece of literature. It might even make a Hollywood movie worth its weight in gold. RAG

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 14 years ago
I just discovered this wonderful story . . .

It was very well-written and the plot was fairly believable. It certainly was a very good read. My only quibble is a plot hole or two. Firstly, there would have been two lawyers representing the two defendants. The one lawyer would have avoided a possible conflict of interest that can occur if one party "breaks down" and starts confessing, essentially blaming the other defendant. The lawyer is then torn between helping one, or helping the other. He/she cannot help both in that situation. The fact that the defendants cannot afford two separate lawyers is irrelevant. Secondly, I think the police could easily trace all males undergoing open heart surgery in this continent of N. America and thus, Mark would be found. Unless, of course, he set up the heart surgery story as a smokescreen. I do feel Mark committed a breach of the law by his conspiracy to commit fraud (framing another for a crime -- this includes manufacturing false evidence -- is a felony as far as I know). He also defrauded the state out of lots of money used to convict two innocent persons. Still, it was an exciting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Maybe the best

Maybe the best of the last 300 stories I've read.

Thank you.

bigchefwaynebigchefwayneover 14 years ago
One of the Best of the Loving Wife Stories!

One of the best conceived and written stories on Literotica. The characters, plot and dialouge work together as a whole. Congratulations on a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
similiar

Other have done similiar stories, but consequences for them all. At least mark was freed from his past.

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 14 years ago
JUST AN OUTSTANDING STORY!!!

This has been one of the better stories that I have ever found on this site. Thank you so much for having written it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Definitely...

a TOP TEN story...

pukimonsterpukimonsterover 13 years ago
A non-erotic tale

A really good tale which I could not leave unread even after I realized it was a non-erotic tale.

I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Good job. Thanks

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
One of the five best stories ever published in Literotica!!!!!

This story was well thought out and executed. I must say that I have read the story several times and have enjoyed it each time. Thanks and I look forward to more stories in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great story

Thanks a lot. This was a great read.

MarvinSMarvinSabout 13 years ago
Nice!

Wonderful piece of fiction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
One of the best, so I voted you a 5

Well written story. Hugely enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
hit the mark

He did a good job setting up the whole thing, with the desired result. I would have thought one of the lawyers would have given Mark that compliment. besides, I doubt they'd quibble with the underlying reasons.

ShadowWriterCaShadowWriterCaalmost 13 years ago
Extraordinary!

It's not often that you encounter a story here that, if it were a book, you "couldn't put it down." This is a riveting, well-conceived and well-constructed story. Furthermore, it's written by someone who knows and appreciates sentence structure, punctuation, spelling and the other technical traits that characterize quality work--and make it readable.

It was clear that the convictions would have to be eventually found invalid. The final explanation was foreshadowed by Blake's hammering on the claim Mark had committed suicide and set it up to ensure that the illicit couple would be tagged for his murder. Perhaps the author could have made that particular element less prominent.

The ending, though, I found to be rather abrupt, with a kind of rushed feel to it. The story from the moment Lisa recognized Mark's handwriting on the envelope should have gotten into Lisa's emotions right away and followed them through the reading of Mark's letter.

Overall, a terrific effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Excellent story

Very well written and a most enjoyable story.Thanks!!

SKHPSKHPalmost 13 years ago
Excellent writing and well-elabourated plot

You should be a professionel writer of criminal thrillers! This was an enjoyable story with a lot of tension - despite the reader could imagine an outcome like this rather than both the cheaters. Fine sort of revenge!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
The best I ever read at Literotica

Well written exiting story jake60. Hugely enjoyable for me. The best I ever read at the Literotica Forum. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Sigh

I really don't care for these revenge stories, but this one was so well written that I could not stop reading it. There are really two completely different type of stories that we find in the 'loving wives' category. If Lit would do us the favor of splitting the category into two categories, everyone would be served. As it is, those of us that don't like this type often stumble into one (though just this once it was a good read) and those that do like this type of story have to wade through all of the others to find them.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Well written

Another wounded male ego and pride story. That he went so far as to have destroyed the wife and put her in prison for having a fling speaks to the he man possessive image he has of her. All he needed to do was divorce her to prove he was not a wimp. That he would in fact frame her and her lover for murder speaks to how much he really "Did Not" love her much at all. The writer pointed out that she loved him until the end of the story. He overreacted and committed various crimes readers.

Obstruction of justice being the most obvious. Costing the justice system all that money in prosecuting innocent people is another. Framing innocent people in a way that strips them of the right to prosper and make money towards the American dream is a Civil Rights violation. Depriving them of the rights to freedom of movement is another. Libel is another criminal. I might point out that infidelity is not a crime anywhere! It is just a broken promise. A violation of a marriage contract.

Mark is the criminal and should definitely be tracked down and prosecuted for the criminal that he is. He may or may not get sympathy from a jury. However, when the jury hears the facts of his crimes and then about what the cheating couple suffered and all they lost they will be obligated to find him guilty. In Civil court he will lose whatever fortune he may have accumulated since he left with all his and his wife's money.

That is the problem with revenge, that's why the old cliche, "Dig Two Graves." All he had to do was leave like he did anyway. I loved this story because it was well written. I accept it because it was just "Fiction"! I hope the writer doesn't have all the views that a lot of you do.

The main real villain in this story was Mark. The secondary was Blake, mostly because he seduced his best friends Wife. He had no honor, integrity, or moral compass. He was the typical skirt chasing male that covets other men's women with no respect for the husband. Not crimes!

The wife allowed herself to be seduced and thus broke her wedding vows even though she never wanted her husband to leave her or to die. I ask each of you, how would you feel if you were convicted of a serious crime that you did not commit? How would you feel if your lost everything you ever had and was derided and shamed for something you did not do? Facing 15 years to life in prison and no hope of getting out. Would you not be bitter and broken when you came out of prison, stripped of everything you once had.

This cheating wife was only sorry that she lost her husband and any chance at reconciliation. OMG...I used that word again!

That so many of you think this is a great ending tells me what you think of all women, the justice system, and your moral views of what constitutes crimes against citizens. Violating the Civil rights we all demand when threatened.

I realize that this is just a Cheating wives story and that most readers cheer when the cheating wife gets punished or ruined because she dared to cheat on her perfect husband. But I would have expected that the majority of you point out that Mark was the real bad guy in this story. He violated every principle that this "Rule of Law" country has. What if we all could go out and take out our anger and hurt feelings on each other?

I realize I am taking this stuff seriously, but I spent 50 years protecting American people in war and as a Police officer. I swore an oath to serve and protect. To enforce the Constitution and all the Civil rights of it's citizens.

I voted all 5 stars for this writer's story. I wouldn't have given some of you commenters any. We all realize that the comment section is almost as valued reading as the story itself. I am sure that is why many commenters are nonny mouses. They don't wish to be connected to their comments.

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRideralmost 13 years ago
oh, DAMN!

This is, most definitely, one of the most unique and compelling short stories I have ever read. If nothing else, it is an unusual story concept. And regardless, it is well-written. For a while there, I was thinking, "call in Abby Sciuto" (from NCIS).

Excellent work, here.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
Fascinatng and well written -

I liked reading the story and the truth was always painfully evident - I had hoped Mark would find a way to interrupt things before they got too far out of hand - writers choice of course -

Mark is the villain - he may be "cured" of his mental distress and may have been stressed beyond his capacity but he is still the villain. Divorce he if you have no ability to forgive (and I assert no opinion on that here), set him up for the disruption to his life that such scandal can represent for a business man - use social networking to further cost him. If Mark isn't capable of taking him down physically hit him with a 2x4 whatever.

Use of the power of the law and courts to make them pay a price that steep and let it continue - too much.

But for a story and a good read I would recommend it any time - lol

Thanks -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
got off too easily

In my opinion, she got off too easily for what she did. Too many readers feel that a divorce ends the problem. Have you ever actually considered the emotional murder that takes place when someone betrays you like that? The worst thing a wife can do is to have sex with some one else. It is a total, physical betrayal of the vows made during the marriage ceremony. You don't love someone, anymore, divorce and THEN find someone else. No fault divorces are crap. She gets the benefit of having her ex-husband pay for her infidelity, gets the house and half the stuff? How is this fair to anyone?

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 12 years ago
Where have you been all my life?

Great story, maybe a little sappy at the end but still a great story. I found this story to be a breath of fresh air compared to 99% of the stories listed in the "Loving Wives" (let's be real, isn't it actually "Cheating Wives") category. My only complaint is that you had Lisa and Blake released after just 18 months to explain how Mark framed them. I would've much preferred Mark's confession to have been 15 years after their conviction, at their first parole hearing. But, hey, it's your story.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
She loved her husband?

This is an enjoyable story. But it is just a story and thanks goes to jake60 for sharing it.

Many of the previous commenters have discussed the crimes that Mark committed in setting up his wife and her lover for the alleged crime of his murder. A couple have said that he is the real villian and basically that only sick bastards enjoy these types of revenge scenario stories. Afterall, she really loved her husband. She really was just seduced by his best friend. She didn't deserve what she got. She really didn't want to lose her husband. He could have just divorced her. She loved him...blah, blah, blah.

If every wife loved her husband the way Lisa in this story did we'd be in a hell of a shape.

Lisa enjoyed screwing Blake for four months. Sometimes cheating has consequences. It cost her 18 months in the pen. Admittedly, that is a steep price for stabbing your husband in the back, but it will make her a better person in the end. Now that Mark is out of the picture, she can find some one else to screw, maybe even track down Blake again, and she won't have any burdensome marriage vows to contend with.

And for those who believe that Mark is a real bastard in this story, he should be given the benefit of a doubt. He could have let them rot for 15 years or more but he saw the error of his ways and got them off after 18 mos. He redeemed himself and has found a new life. Everyone makes mistakes, right? Maybe Blake and Lisa get back together in the end as well. Then everybody gets a happy ending! The husband is happy. The cheating wife is happy and her lover is happy.

Thanks jake60! This was a good read!

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
Excellent story. Very Creative.

However, I could only rate it 3*** because the story has two very major flaws that makes the impossible.

One, voice changers do not duplicate the human voice. They may fool unsuspecting humans. However, both the defense and the prosecution has both recording and analyzing the voices would reveal a voice changer was used and likely determine that both recording were from the same person. As soon as the defense proved to the jury that the same person made both telephone calls, the prosecuters case would be demolished.

Two, notice the author doesn't explain how he could change his identity because nowadays that is not possible. Going to court and getting a name change doesn't change identities because it leaves a paper trail and doesn't change the SSN. To get a SSN requires lots of documentation that is verified with issuing agencies and an interview with the Social Security office. He would have to show where he has been all of his life and it has to be verifiable. That is impossible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great story

good one

loved it

TY

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
yes!

good job

fun story

great read

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great story!

Finally, a story where the husband is not treated like a wimp.

nakdsubnakdsubover 12 years ago
WOW!

Fantastic story and fantastic story telling. 5* from me.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
read it for the 3 time

gave it 5 stars, and jake60 if it was me. She would still be in prison.

rpsuchrpsuchover 12 years ago
well done

Excellent work. I am especially impressed by the details many writers aren’t aware of or don’t do adequate research to get right. The explanation of the blood spatter and lack of biological material on the slugs eliminated the writing loose ends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Does the punishment fit the crime?

No. All that real life and money lost because of one lousy infidelity, and a small portion recovered because a WAAAY over-reacting Mark finally had a guilty conscience? I'd now set about killing him in earnest if I were Lisa or Blake. Can't be tried or convicted twice for the same crime, after all!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

come on man, going to prison for sex?

crazycujocrazycujoover 12 years ago
FANTASTIC!

a topnotch, well written, and plotted story. this is professional. thanks....

RePhilRePhilabout 12 years ago
Brilliant in its plot

Very well done Sir

njlaurennjlaurenabout 12 years ago
good tale

Every person is different,some people dealing with a cheating spouse can forgive a mistake,some cannot and move on and others like Mark see this as a blood offense,one that requires vengeance and that is real.In this case Lisa wasn't the bitch wife reveling in humiliating him,but Mark was that is my property and therefore you die,and there are plenty of people like that. To me the punishment didn't fit the crime,Mark the supposedly loving husband went red and acted off the deep end and he.knew he had gone over the line,it haunted him.

I suspect as well as this is written modern forensics would have shed doubt on the evidence,soil samples would have detected the blood was diluted and the lack of evidence tying Lisa or Blake to the suppo sed crime scene would have raised doubt,plus pre trial publicity could have been grounds to force a retrial.

Mark did commit crimes, creating a fake crime scene is the same as filing a false police report and causing people to be sent to jail for a faked crime is both a civik rights violation and also is the equivalent of perjury.He could have ruined their.lives by exposing their duplicity,letting others know what they did and divorcing her.

FD45FD45about 12 years ago
njlauren

I disagree with you.

It was a double betrayal and this after Mark had given Blake a free pass once before. Blake deserved everything he got. He'd been warned, but he still did it.

As to his wife. I do not know if you've ever had anyone cheat on you, but it is a hurt which lasts, if not forever, for a very VERY long time. It speaks of contempt. The partner feels that they aren't enough, were never enough. And the husband has to ask himself 'was there more'?

And by their own admission (granted, Blake's) it was a fling. Essentially she was saying "I am throwing away something that is irredimably precious to you (Mark), for a shiny thing that I'm going to throw away in a couple of months." It puts perspective on a realtionship.

Think back when you were a little girl. You had an art project. You poured your heart into something. You made the sparkles and the lines JUST SO. You put all your effort into a nice little thing that you gave your daddy. He said the nice words and put it on the refridgerator (if he was a good dad).

And then, a day or a week later, before your pride had worn off, you found it in the garbage.

Mulitiply that feeling by a thousand and you have what Lisa did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Are people really that shallow?

Reading some comments I get the feeling that when one is betrayed, humiliated, and the marriage vows are trashed one is supposed to get over it and take the offender back. Are people really that shallow they have no sense of marriage, the merge of two individuals into one unit, that the destruction of the bonds that link a couple together in reality mean nothing. If a person kills a member of your family you can forgive their stupidity in commiting the crime and be satisfied with their execution for committing the crime. When a person destroys the marriage by a single act you can forgive them for their supidity but the marriage will never be it has been destroyed by the act. Trying to reconcile makes almost as much sense as releasing a murderer from prison because you forgive their stupidity. Put bluntly you cant commit adultry and in reality be in love with the person you betrayed and be mentally stable. And yes i would see the mentally unstable person got treatment but at the same time i would end the marriage, since being married to a mentally unstable person is a sham of a marriage to begin with.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
The pure genius

of the story is matched only by the pure stupidity of most comments. Whether or not you think he overreacted the fact remains every aspect of this well written story was spot on. Tavacuck and the "2x4" comment was profoundly ludicrous; as if that is preferable to elaborately staging his disappearance. without doubt one of the most enjoyable tales I've read (and reread), thanks jake60 for taking the time to craft such a gem.

IrfonIrfonabout 12 years ago
FD45 said it all...

Until you have experienced Betrayal YOURSELF - STFU !!

It's pain unlike any other - strangely,it's compounded when the cheater apologises and says:-''..it was only sex...'' - because that phrase is SO offensive !!

Thankfully this is only a Story,which mirrors actual Life,sadly the reality is a 'bloody' nightmare............

Nice one Jake !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
BRINGS BACK MEMORIES

I WAS IMPRESSED WITH YOUR STORY. HAVING BEEN IN MARK'S SHOES I CERTAINLY CAN RELATE.I HAVE WORKED HARD NOT TO BE THE KIND OF MAN BLAKE IS. CAUSING THAT SORT PAIN IS BEYOND ME.GREAT STORY.

TANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nice write

keep writting...bill

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
This was a well written story

and not slow even though long. but with the information given about the people involved, they could actually be found. the hospital, surgery, when she was going to have a baby, location of the business and adds for computer help, size of the growth, new business and renting out basement, that could be enough to find them. but i loved the story. a great burn the bitch down version with real pain for both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Yeah, if you haven't been there, shut the F*** up!

Nothing like these dreaming cuck wimps who don't see that Mark was fully justified in his actions! If you haven't been there, stuff it!

ricksouzaricksouzaover 11 years ago
Sequel Suggestion

Maybe CANTBUYMY has the germ of an idea for a sequel. Maybe Lisa and/or Blake could pursue leads starting with the hospital where the twins were born. Or ... maybe not! Just a thought.

ricksouzaricksouzaover 11 years ago
Keep Writing

Anyway ... I was also going to say that this story has the kind of quality that suggests a novel. You're a good writer, and you might give John Grisham and James Patterson a good run for their money.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Just another revenge fantasy

I really don't know why it is that so many people find this type of story "erotic". But apparently they do. OK, the author obviously has his own problems. But who is it that spends all his time looking for sick revenge fantasies and giving them 5's?

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

To answer the last comment, 99% of normal noncuckolded people read such stories and read them for what they are entertainment. You obviously are into the humiliation and willing cucjkold and quckqueen stories go look for them and jerk off to them it's what you willing cucks do isn't it?

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Why I like the revenge stories?

@ Anon For example I am a revenge story fan. I wrote here LW stories comment section several times why. I do not tired to explain again.

1. If you look at the World Literature History, the great Authors from Bocaccio to Thomas Mann, from Flaubert to Tolstoy used the cuckold- cheating wife genre either as a humor source or the authors were beside the fragile (cheating) wives. The couses were simple, in the earlier centuries many women get married brutal, dumb, violant, alcoholic husbands and either the divorce was denied in the Roman Chatolic countries or the divorce was free in the Protestant countries but the divorced women could not live alone, so to live together forever was not song lyric but practice. If the husbands found the wives with the loverboys they could kill them and the tribunal system did not punish them, morever the social exceptation was from the male people dominated World. The women were not equal to the men............

2. This has changed for the last 150 years in the Western Culture. The women are equal to the men and after divorce they can work .....The fragile women picture disappered. HOWEVER I REFUSE THE VIOLANCE AGAINST WOMEN. Howewer the tribunal system and the law work according to the fragile women picture. A interesting example will show well this: If the husband cheats on his wife in the divorce the wife gets the half assets, the house (until the least child becomes 18 years old), the children custody with children support money and the husband could see his children on every second weekend, on 2-3 week holidays and on some feasts. His best interest will be if the exwife finds somebody, he should be good stepfather....I agree 100% because this is right. HOWEVER look at what is if the wife is the cheater.......in the divorce the wife gets the half assets, the house (until the least child becomes 18 years old), the children custody with children support money and the husband could see his children on every second weekend, on 2-3 week holidays and on some feasts. His best interest will be if the exwife finds somebody, he should be good stepfather....What interesting!!!! 1 point for the cheating wives. So the people feel the total lack of the mutuality in the cheating (against the gender equity) and I think this is the main couse to creation of this new Literature Genre the revenge stories.

3. The old Roman Law rule told the mother is sure alone. However the modern Sciences changed the World, because the DNA test is almost 100% sure for paternity and sometime the Mother is not sure: There may be egg cell mother and who is pregnant with a stranger's egg cell. Who is the Mother?????? The cuckold word origins from a European bird who put their eggs in the nests of stranger brids. The DNA test changed everything, because in some country it effected on the family law. In the USA in the Federal Family Law if the child is below 4 years old the exhusbands do not pay children support money. If the child is above 4 years old the exhusband must pay children support, but the exhusband (or the husband) can start law suit against the biological father (if he kows who is) for settlement. The most dangerouse part of the cuckolding the bastard question can be treated by the sciences in the Family Law of some countries, so 1 point for the betrayed husbands.

4. In the Modern Western Culture to kill the cheating wives and the loverboys or to couse serious injury to the loverboys cost from 20 years prison to shorter prison, so the 150 years ago methods can be used in special Cruel Revenge Stories only, where there are special circumtensis which ensures the scot-free solution (organized criminal friends, police detective whose wife was cheater, etc..). Many good Cruel Revenge stories show the exhusbands go prison after violance against the loverboys. Naturaly there are such Cruel Revenge Stories where for example the husbands use electric shock instrument, these stories are very humorouse.

I show an example where the Cruel revenge story is very humorouse. BigK10's story "...And Stay There!" is very humorouse as well.

If the Cruel Revenge Stories would be I would not have been a revenge story fan at all.

5. I think the modern marriage between sexual majority people founded according to mutuality. What does it mean? If one of the spouses allows something for him/herself it is allowed for the other spőuse. If one of the spouse is cheat the other spouse gets free for treating the other cheating spouse and the loverboy(s)-mistress with not 100% fair methods. This is not moral, but 100% mutuality because this could mean the cheating wife and the loverboy go to prison inocently as in this time 6th best story in Loving Wives Hall of Fame in Longhorn__07's story "Fool Me Once". In these type stories are smart betrayed husbands, smart friends of the betrayed husbands, so I call them Modern Figaro type revenge stories. I recommend 2 examples: FrancisMacomber's story "The Six O'clock News Slot" and Beermaker's story "Dawn: A Cheating Slut Wife". The working mutuality can be seen these stories well.

6. Where the moral may be some role those stories are the Romantic Revenge Stories. To live better and the divorced cheater knows this, that is the best revenge according to the moral (and it is not against the mutuality).

The best examples Vulcez "How are You?", StangStar06 "Love is for Suckers"

7. Some stories mix the 2 or 3 main revenge story principles. Forexample Azpiri "Shattered Ch. 03". Other stories mix Revenge Story with Reconcilation and humor as lucsmith "Let the Punishment Fit the Crime" or Papatoad "Telephone Blitz".

8. THE MOST IMPORTANT. The human brain works in such method, the majority of the readers must find character(s) or plot in a story in which they can imagine themselves so they can enjoy well the read story. The majority of the sexual majority male readers can not imagine themselves in cuckoldry, in willing cuckold stories to eat creampie to suffer from constant humuliation, to get hardon when the main character's wife is fucked by stranger(s). However against their wives are faithful they can imagine themselves in a revenge story plot or in a revenge organiator husband skin. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT, WHY WE ARE REVENGE STORY FAN!!!!!!!!!!

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Apology I forgot ONLY

I am sorry exactly :If the Cruel Revenge Stories would be ONLY I would not have been a revenge story fan at all.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Wonderful story. Loved the quote from his wife: "I don't want anything to do with you, beyond our legal case. You kept after me, and after me, and like a fool I gave in. Now I've lost Mark." Added a sense of authenticity. Very detailed and well told.

kakashi524kakashi524over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Wow, lately I have realized I adore this kind of stories which I have started to refer as "Revenge Stories" and I must say this is one of the best of its kind I've read to date.

I loved the writing style and the story, just one point I thought wasn't very well though out: Locating Mark wouldn't have been a problem with the details provided by his girlfriend and the law would have royally screwed him. I mean, the only thing they had to look for was patients of heart surgery further filtered by born heart condition around that date. Then cross reference with the names of fathers of twins. A few more details from the letter would have been enough to find him.

And even if the law failed to punish him somehow, which I doubt, Blake would have successfully sued him for quite an amount of money.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous