All Comments on 'A Husband's Decision'

by Michael142

Sort by:
  • 132 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
why to long getting rid of a cheating slut

immediate action to gain info and quick split was the real option

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Avoid

A lifeless and formulaic cheating wife story.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
TO PARA=PHRASE

what in the hell took him so long. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
can see, can't see

I can see why you wouldn't put this in Loving Wives:

He is not a willing cuckold so those fans wouldn't like it.

He is too hesitant and genteel about the split to satisfy the BTB crowd.

What I can't see is why this is in Erotic Couplings instead of Romance, since the story of Tom and Brenda is a true love story not a one night stand or revenge fuck.

Also Tom seems a bit of a dumbass, he let Brenda go for second best the first time around.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 9 years ago
Love The Story!

Well written. I loved the way everything led up to a good ending.

shaman43shaman43over 9 years ago
Stilted

Appreciate the thought and effort in writing this story. An editor could have been more helpful in making the plot line more consistent. Too many discrepancies in the thoughts of the protagonist, what he thinks, what he says he is going to do only to repeat the same thoughts and behaviors later. Part of the plot involves him getting to know Brenda better but his need for more information gets old and this reader kept saying why does he need more information. If one is monogamous or has a more open relationship it is cheating and disrespectful and non loving to do things contrary to what is OK with the spouse. The wife completely went against his boundaries. Was cheating. His decision was only do I let that happen or not. The prose in the story does not flow. In particular the dialogue is stilted and false. Need to practice your ear for words and how they work together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

"I was now starting over. I knew that I would miss Janet in some ways, and that part of me would always have feelings for her."

Really? Miss a cheater that planned on cheating and humiliating you? Unbelievable. She wanted all the cock for her, but remember, she was incensed when he talked about fucking another woman. Just another disease riddled slimy cunt dragging itself along.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
yes it was a good outcome

but I don't understand

"I simply need another perspective on this before I considered any legal recourse"

why, when he knew she had cheated and planned to cheat again, there was any doubt or hesitancy in going to an attorney.

njlaurennjlaurenover 9 years ago
there was another story

On lw not Lon ago,same story...wife goes with some guy on a date night,says it is fantasy,said guy is a lawyer,she goes to the other guy via cab,hubby follows,the best friend who he ends up with,almost identical.I think this might be a cut and paste and edit,even the line janet gives is identical to the other story,with the ex regretting not being more respectful

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago

The husband dragging his heels when it came to getting a divorce didn't add up, but it makes for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Been there, faced it down ...

Other than the side story with Brenda this story is really one that belongs in "Loving Wives". Unless you have been there, you should not criticize someone for not throwing in the towel immediately with a 15 year marriage at stake. I caught my husband screwing someone at a reunion in our 6th year of marriage and I sensed he was playing around on me for many years, but I did not start a divorce until I caught him in our bed within his now wife. At one point he tried to get me into swinging with his then lover's husband, but I just refused.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
I Agree

The last anon had it right. This is an LW tale. Luckily our hero found his real true love and have excellent sex every day. That's why this was my first EC tale. Best of both worlds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Good story. Thought the Brenda character was especially well written.

Length was reasonable at 5 pages.

Would have been better if the couple's early relationship had been told. When they were happy , before the first time cheating. Gave you 3*s Michael 142.

Thanks for the effort. Overall a success .

AMerryMan

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
sea of love forever more.

The story mskes me feel very happy with my wifes trustin me. Thank you for a waking me to this

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nice story

A few questionable things but overall a good read. I will say that NO woman wants to make love EVERY day. Some things do get in the way. Like Mother Nature and being 8 1/2 months pregnant for starters.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 9 years ago
That was a nice one...

I liked : that he's no wimpy cuckold,

that he resisted temptation while still married

..the way it was resolved where his ex did

NOT take himto the cleaners, and

the closure at the end. I've always

liked happy endings.

seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
Tom Griggs... wimp and willing cuck

and Janet, cheating self centered bitch. Other players two dimensional. The writing was ok but not engaging and pretty unbelievable. Why did Tom 1 allow it to drag out? If i were to rate it i would give it a 2*. Since I don't I won't.

carvohicarvohiover 9 years ago
Wrong category...

This should have been in the Loving Wives category; that's where the real interest for type of story can be found.

I have a couple comments about the content only.

First even if it was at least her second affair her husband was right to go slow. He needed to know if Janet was 'ill' and/or if this was an 'exit affair'. Janet's loss of a child and her discovery that she was unable to have children must have been disastrous for her. Her husband was right to go slow.

Second, there's Brenda. I got strong, very strong, sensations that Brenda had been circling this marriage for a long time. I mean I could see the dorsal in the water a mile off. I'm surprised she hadn't closed for the kill at the time of Janet's first infidelity, but that I suppose was a reflection of Janet's husband's affection and concern, and also Brenda's reluctance to press in too soon. Knowing the very little I do about women I doubt that Brenda's friendship with Janet would have been much of an impediment.

Third, this is where I think your story lost something important. Janet couldn't have children. I wonder how she felt about Claire. This girl was her missing ingredient, the thing that rendered her incomplete. I would have liked to see some sort of rapprochement between Janet, Brenda, and Tom with little Claire being the central figure.

And last, I knew Tom was a goner when Brenda started cutting the crusts off the bread; that had mommy written all over it!

This story was a hands down five.

Michael142Michael142over 9 years agoAuthor
Just a word of

thanks to those who took the time to respond to this story, particularly those who offered thoughtful comments like (but certainly not limited to) shaman43, and carvohi. I am just an old historian who has written dozens of scholarly pieces, mostly as part of a Master’s degree in European history. The writings I have offered on this sight are dessert, to the main course of writings of a more serious nature. My Snowdrop series is a complete flight of fancy that I enjoy writing and will continue.

I am relatively new to this type of writing, and I have enjoyed the work of many writers with more talent than I possess. I wrote this story originally in the LW category in three parts, and took it down in favor of this re-write. I believe in this story, and consider it a realistic exploration of the mind of a loving husband just trying to do the right thing. Remember that all of the action in this story takes place in just over one week. So, the hesitation on the part of our main character was actually short-lived.

A careful reading of this story might lead to the conclusion that Tom had decided on divorce as he grabbed a overnight bag, a bottle of wine and headed for the motel. Since he was able to work through the first affair, he considered it worth a second try. This makes him a strong character, not a weak one. A weak one, would have just walked away immediately, and likely would have bailed the first time around.

Janet is not an entirely evil character, and the problems in the marriage stem from losing a child, her inability to have children and her growing restlessness. Then she has to witness her ex-best girlfriend have a lovely child with her ex.

I like the Brenda story, and the connection to the 1950’s R&B song “Sea of Love.” I love jazz, classical, and opera, but also harken back to the old rhythm and blues of the 50s and 60s. It had a very artful reincarnation thirty years later in the atmospheric thriller with Al Pacino, and a very sexy Ellen Barkin.

Perhaps I should write a followup with Claire as an eighteen-year old beginning to deal with sex.

Best to all, Michael142

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124about 9 years ago
Only one word...

Outstanding! Please do more for the LW category. But be prepared for the hateful criticism. 5 *'s

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 9 years ago
Wow, isn't life complicated when you don't believe in right and wrong?

Not one word about adultery or breaking their wedding vows made a simple straight-forward decision complicated? His having sex with Janet after she fucked Tom2 was disgusting and don't get me started on a fantasy!? about another man fucking his wife. There's a real clue that their marriage was long gone.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
thanks for the offering

The dialogue was a little hard to swallow. How insensitive is this guy? He knows Brenda has feelings for him. He knows he dumped her for Janet. And yet, whenever they meet, he says flirty things about how he would make a move on her if not for his wife. Really? If you did that in real life, it would make you a prick.

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 9 years ago
beg to differ

One time affair , maybe. For 5 years, maybe, she didn't do it again. As soon as she brought up the new , " I have to do this" , it was over. She should have been told at the bar, don't bother coming home , we're over. The panther had not changed her stripes. His actions did not make him a better man, it made him a facilitator. Frankly, I'm not sure what Brenda saw in him. She deserved better. My opinion, of course.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmalmost 9 years ago
what about janet

What about janet? Did she ever regret giving him up?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I found two things in this to be totally unbelievable

First, even though it was obvious that Brenda was maneuvering to become his second wife, women don't betray their best friends. Just don't see her spying on Janet. Secondly, no way in hell he lets Tom off scott free. All the information would have been sent to his wife. He pays the price for cheating. Otherwise an okay story. Not much emotion in the writing and nothing particularly clever or original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Instead of Michael142, it's Michelle.

No male would prance around for five fucking pages of indecision; this is pure chic lit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Terrible

Absolute nonsense.There is no way any man that I've ever met including me that would have accepted any of that.He would leave her immediately and beat the other man to a pulp.Why would any man have a fantasy of his beloved partner and wife having sex with someone else.When I married I said vows and funnily enough I meant them.In 40 years I've not strayed nor has she and we have had many chances.We got married because we loved each other and you have to work on it and it actually gets stronger it's not always easy but hats the wonder of a marriage.It means excluding all others.i came across this by mistake but read it and wished I had not bothered.How is this loving wives?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I enjoyed it myself...

Not entirety unbelievable. Fun story. I can't believe anyone would question the believability of an erotic fiction story. DUH....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Come on...

It took him way too LONG a time to decide to divorce the slut. Not believable that he would put up with all that shit.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 8 years ago
Asshole

The husband in this story is a despicable weak candy ass cuck! 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
lame

Extremely LAME beginning. Disgusting is a good word here. The end is "nice" in an antiseptic way.

Overall the character is a gutless wimp and the writing is a bit too "flowery".

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 8 years ago
I Loved This Story

'Sea of Love' is a major favorite song for us. We dance to it. I liked the ending. Janet was one mentally messed up woman. Sounds maybe narcissistic or bipolar.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 for a great LW story

You know it's a good LW story when dear annony, the asshole of LIT, gives out his usual 1. Eat shit annony I gave this t5

MbgdallasMbgdallasabout 8 years ago
Started strong.

Fell flat at the end. Guess the author got bored.

EddboyEddboyabout 8 years ago
JANET was right

it was his fantasy.. What do you expect when you let your wife get away with a weeks long affair and then let her tell you she is going to fuck another man and do nothing. lol its not about BTB its about having some self respect

sinstalkersinstalkerabout 8 years ago
Ugh just awful........

The writing was good but the content awful the author just kept contradicting himself. A previous affair tore their marriage apart? But this didn't ? Lol She says she wants to fuck other men and leaves a date she is on with him to do just that and he needs to find out her mind set before he starts a divorce? Lol Even with Brenda telling him and giving him a tape he needs to hire a P.I. ? Just awful content not much of it made any real sense. Most of the actions of any of the person's did not came across as how someone would actually act or respond.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
pathetic

What a dumb ass! The story sucks and apparently you do too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
wimp husband!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wimp husband is this?

“My first stop would be my lawyer friend at work for a referral to an attorney to use for this, and for a PI to use to follow Janet.”

He is getting at it after so many weeks & then this wimp even making quick breakfast for cheating slut!!!!!!!!

kdcee79kdcee79almost 8 years ago
So so wrong

This story was written about a husband named Tom wasn't it? Couldn't really tell as he spent most of the tale whinging to Brenda about his predicament with his wife. She should have been gone the first night she cheated, especially as this was her second strike. So wrong, please don't repeat his type of writing again, it makes you appear a wimp as well. 2 **

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I agree

Amen to the last comment! Too many wimps in these stories! How about some guys with balls who will kick some ass even if it means jail time??

HarleyusaoneHarleyusaonealmost 8 years ago
Good

I enjoyed your stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
more cuck shite

read half a page, main character is just an inadeqate cuck, no wonder she needed cock from elsewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
finally some revenge for cheating that actually seems plausible

But the fact that he didn't decide adamantly that he was going to divorce her the moment she said that she would have an affair with some other guy whether he liked it or not kinda sucked. It still had a good ending though so alls well that ends well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nobody makes love every single night.

Unless of course, you mean in the non- literal sense by something other than coitus. Looks, touching, feeling are making love also. Good story, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I agree with the majority. The character was a weak wishy washy pussy

The author can write. Writes well.

For me what he writes is disgusting. Why make a character so pathetic? And no, accepting her first affair is not "strong".

Strong would be consequences. Counselling, post nuptial agreement, maybe more.

I also agree that to last 5 pages was ludicrous. The absolute blatant disrespect shown to him, should have been enough then and there. Not holding back, not being so damn "supportive" and wishy washy and pussy. Then again, she saw how weak and stupid he was and acted accordingly, so it is no wonder she had no respect for him.

I also agree with the others that said what the fuck is Brenda thinking to get involved with the pussy. She could do and deserves a LOT better.

Well, it is wrong to call the author names and belittle him, he has talent, just writes crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
lame

why is the same thing repeated paragraph after paragraph with the subject being altered a little on the way. It seems like the "rough draft" got mixed in with the final copy and it over-reads itself.

This "subject" has been beaten to death - find a new one

slut cheats

boy leaves

boy can't get past it and crawls back

slut cheat

boy leaves

boy cheats with best friend of slut

New slut makes babies with boyslut

yadda yadda yadda

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 7 years ago
Weakling

Tom (1) was so very weak and wimpy. He didn't deserve he happy ending after letting Janet abuse him repeatedly. Once he knew Janet was going to dump him then he dumps her, so tough, eh? If he thought she would let him stay, he would have kept on being a willing cuckold.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
sorry, but he was wishy washy to the end

when asked how he knew so much it would have been so much better if he told her he had hired a PI after that fateful Friday, leaving Brenda out of the turmoil.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
The story is well written gramatically.

What the story tells totally sucks. Were I the protagonist, I wouldn't show my face around normal folks. Such a pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
my take on your stories

While decently written, the cheaters end up virtually unscathed. Your husbands basically say ''oh well, take half of what we have and I wish you well''

The male lovers are unaffected

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Well written story about a wimp cuck and his whore

I do like the romance of the story but it really didn't take central positioning in the story.

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 7 years ago
Nice story, but

Tom 2 is guilty of attorney misconduct, in that he had an an affair with a client, which was revealed in the alienation of affection lawsuit; he would have been censored or disbarred. So, this would have been an important part of Tom 1's revenge. A little research on the writer's part would added an edge to this story. Yeah, it is nice to know that even lawyers are held to some minimal standard of conduct.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
CRIKEY

How the heck does a jerk like this attract two stunning women? To me, this sort of nonsense pervades all these story types. Even fiction has to be realistic to some degree.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Who said life was easy

People minds are all over the place, marriage, sex, politics,cheating, etc. he took his time going for the divorce but she lost her self worth when she couldn't have children. Brenda after 10years was waiting in the wings made this a weak story.

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
AN ERROR BY ME

I wanted to make 5 stars but the arrow gave a 3, sorry, 3 FRIENDS AND THEIR ENTANGLEMENTS, 2 PLAYED STRAIGHT, 1 DIDNT, tk u mlj lv nv

bworth1943bworth1943about 7 years ago
stone cold

Janet was delusional . She got off to easy. Oh well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

He should of divorced her as-soon-as she started "dating" other men. Life would of been so much easier.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
CUCKOLD BULLSHIT

Why does the writer of this crap always have the guy who's been lied to, disrespected and made a fool of say the same bullshit about not wanting to hurt the cheating bitch who did all the disrespecting? That has no basis in reality. A man who's been kicked in the nuts like that would never go down easy. He'd want to take everything right down to the silver fillings in the cheating slut's teeth. And not want to disrupt the other Tom's marriage? Fuck, he didn't give a damn about yours why does he get a pass? Our protagonist Tom must be a real dildo if he thinks letting the other Tom's wife get fucked over the same way he was is ok. The right thing to do is let her know and make an informed discision.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
first sentence

told me this was a pussy ass wimp piece of shit wantabe excuse for a man. What a shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Fairly well played

I never completely understood why Janet thought it was his fantasy to see her with another man. Janet wants to BE with another man, but nowhere do they discuss Tom WATCHING another man actually fuck Janet. She seemed to be playing word games with her husband. Another key point that you sort of glossed over was Janet's miscarriage and their relationship going downhill after that. Smart people realize she's depressed and probably needs some therapy. They BOTH could have benefited from a therapist. Not much is made of the effect a miscarriage has on a man, but trust me, it has an effect. Before Janet goes to her lover boy the first time they may have had a chance to save their marriage but neither was smart enough to know how. I don't have much sympathy for Tom since he's busily screwing Brenda while he's still married to Janet so his indignation with Janet's behavior seems misplaced. And I do think he should have been a lot more vindictive in the divorce. A LOT more. In the end, he won, got Brenda and got a family. You never really said much about Janet, other than she lost one lover boy. It would have been interesting to know what she did after that. And it would have been easy since you alluded to the fact that Janet and Brenda were trying to patch up their relationship. Brenda could pass on any information to Tom that she hears. Overall an entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Just another story about a man with no balls

One of the most crap stories I've ever read. I've read literally thousands of books/stories and this is definitely up there as the worst. Once again the protagonist is a loser who doesn't mind giving his whore wife half of everything even though she's destroyed him. And wtf is it with authors who give no info on the whore at the end? Anyway won't be reading this author again. Can anyone recommend a author who writes about men who ain't a eunuch?

Charles Huxley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

another cocksucking wimp posting dumb cuck SHIT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Janet needs cock more than therapy!

This is a story about another evil bitch that hides her slutty behaviour behind events like losing a child in an aborted pregnancy. She uses all these occurrences to her own benefit because she WANTS to be with another man and cannot help herself. She cuckolds her husband with yet another affair and hides it as supposedly his fantasy, even though he does not want her to join her lover on that faithful Friday night - she goes and does not listen to his protestations because the meeting did not happen on the spur of the moment like she claimed. It was prearranged with Tom the lawyer that she got to know through work. When hubby eventually kicks her to the curb I applauded him for ultimately developing a set of balls! He DID love her but realized very soon that it was one sided. It just shows you how stupid she was because she did not really know the antagonist. Tommy boy was in it just for the hedonistic pleasure. She was just another piece of tail and not worth leaving his wife for. ALL her effort to no avail because once a cheater ALWAYS a cheater! Great when a bitch is burned eventually. You do not treat a good man like she did. At least the good triumphs in this story! I gave it 4 *** STARS! I do not agree with one of the critics above. You HAVE writing talent and this story IS plausible and upsetting ... BUT very entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Why stay?

She cheats once. He takes her back.

She humiliates him during a romantic celebration by leaving to fuck another man

Yet he wants to talk to her? What twaddle.

I really need to remem er to read the reviews before spending time on a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
You are a weird author

Ignoring the fact that this MC is a huge wimp, you write interesting stories, but somehow they are all really bad too. Not sure how many stories by this author I have tried to read and I can't do it. I have to skim over everything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Why!!!

If she cheated previously, and wanted him to seem like an idiot(it was his fantasy).

That makes no sense! Love is is one thing but common sense another.

You are a good writer, but why go thru the shit again. The sex scene when he went back home made no sense. Nothing was cleared up!

The story needs to make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

This has got to be one of THE MOST FUCKED UP STORIES on this site! Tom is a weak, pussy-whipped, ass-wipe! Your story is SOOOO implausible and the conversations you fabricated between he and his wife were about as ridiculous as it gets!

Do yourself a favor and stop writing if your going to put this kind of dribble out there!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Words fail me

‘ I think our marriage may be over’ What a revelation. Dreadful

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What Twaddle!!

Got to be one of the all time worst stories on this site! Who gives a fuck what happens with any of these characters...they are all gobshites with no moral code. Michael142 congratulations ......you are in the top 3 of shit writers!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
If someone

knows of real people like this I'd like to hear about it. Maybe I lead a sheltered life but I've never heard of shit like this in real life. Do know two couples who were swinging and then divorced and remarried trading spouses. Everyone gets along like an extended family kids on both sides and all. But I've never heard anything close to this story in real life. Anyone?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The Sea Of Love Is My Song Too

I have read hundreds of stories here on Literotica and 99 out of 100 indicate that the husband always gets to the bank first to protect his precious money, indicating the money is far more important that repairing the marriage. In truth, the wife is syphoning off money from the beginning of the marriage. I have a friend who syphons off $300 a week. That is almost $16,000 a year. She has a 12-year old daughter. Through her marriage, she has tucked away over $320,000. And if she winds up divorcing him, she will get roughly 65 percent of his assets. That, is in addition to what she has squirreled away in a safety deposit box.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Sucked

That's all you need to know. It sucked.

The author should just visiti gloryholes to satisfy his cuck cravings. But definitely stop writing this crap.

trandall9991trandall9991almost 6 years ago
This was truly a husbands decision.

Too bad Janet didn't care enough to stop. This seems to be what a truly loving couple should be like. Oh and stop the cuckold crap with this one. He told her no-what the fuck more does he need to do. Get up and beat the shit out of her before she leaves. What would that gain him? Nothing. Respect is earned and unearned by the people we deal with and how we deal with them. Seems he respected Janet but she didn't. So fuck you cuck/fag story posters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yes this happens——-

We have had friends that were cheated on and refused to cheat on the cheaters, several in fact, they were pretty much all very devout in their religious faith or had some other strict moral code they lived by. I on the other hand would consider a cheating spouse as having left the marriage and started making up for wasted time the day I learned of the infidelity, and I did. My first spouse and I had little to nothing after less than a year of marriage so it was easy to just walk away. Same with the second also less than a year. However my now wife of 56 years and I have accumulated a sizable net worth so we (our 3 children) would suffer great/tremendous financial loss if we split. Fortunately she is a peach of a woman and I would never ever leave her. Hopefully she feels the same. We both have some extremely serious health issues both which are considered life threatening. (Me COPD Heart, diabetes, prostate cancer, her stage IV MBC). We are hanging in here till death do us part. We are in our mid to late seventies. I really love my wife and plan to keep her as happy as I can.

sTars

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
wordy woedy wordy

You write like the western author Luke Short. You take a chapter to say what could be said, better, in a couple of sentences. And the conversations were very stilted. Nobody really talks like that. Plus, hubby took a long time to move from a total wimp ass, to a man. Good subject. Poor execution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Rarity

Brenda is obviously a rarity if they can make love every night for ten years.What happened when she gave birth and for the rest of the time what happened to her menstral cycle?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I had to quit reading the middle where his wife blatantly cheats on him for the umpteenth time and he stumbles around without his balls for two pages. "I can't kiss another women till the divorce paperwork is finalised, because we all know the US court system is the final arbitor of all morality." I picked up again on the last page and liked it again.

To help people like Tom Anderson decisely know when they should stay in a marriage- ask yourself this: "will you need a paternity test to insure the child is actually yours?" Life is not as hard as this guy was making it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Where it's not trite...

...it's somewhat hackneyed (I know, they mean the same thing.) A couple of times I felt like sticking my fingers down my throat. Aaaand, is this the most indecisive man in the entire story-world-or what? In a fit of unjustifiable generosity, I awarded it two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Somehow

I feel cheated out of more detailed info about the affair and divorce particulars. Too much left out. Pretty well written except for the above. Gave it 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF???

This has to be the dumbest story in the history of literotica. No one would ever react like the people in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
MUST BE THE WORST STORY IN A LONG TIME

Really stupid story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
THIS STORY IS SILLY, STUPID AND A GIGANTIC WASTE OF TIME

Do us all a favor and don't ever write another story!

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago

Actually a pretty good story. A man trying to keep his marriage together until he finally realizes there is nothing left.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 4 years ago

5 for what i have no idea

this story should be renamed 3 retards

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

She was a conniving bitch, he was a limp dick wimp

The story???

A colossal waste of time, give it a big miss.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good until the ending

Good story but the ending was bad. It was believable until then. I’m not sure their is ever a happily ever after following a divorce. I’m not sure there can be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4 Stars

This would have been 5 Stars but he was kinda Clucky for a while .. After She Cheated on Him He should have had Her Do everything for Him . That includes being Faithful ..The second time She Cheated should have been Divorce Time .

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
What

What a wimp,he should have dumped Janet straight away after her night with Tom and taken the bitch for everything he could get.

nestorb30nestorb30about 3 years ago

Overly wordy and saccarine. Not sure why there was even a decision to be made after she went home with that other guy. She cheated twice move on

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 3 years ago

Don’t know where the ratings for this story came from. It had a semi plausible beginning and then went steadily down hill from there. It should have been over in 2 pages not 5. Yes, Janet was a bitch but he was emotionally involved with Brenda long before divorce and the ending was just syrupy crap. Waste of time.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Good story, but right in the middle of the rising action - the heart of the story - you repeated dialogue and plot lines to distraction of the the story itself. Good writing, but like all of us, you need a ruthless editor.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

3 stars

Average level LW plot, but way too many pages.

luckily, I read the comments first, then only read the first and last pages.

Frankly, I think the MC should have started the divorce paperwork when the wife brought up the subject. Especially, after revealing her previous cheating affair, five years prior.

ONCE&DONE is the only option, unless there are children, or extenuating circumstances ie: rape or drugs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not much here. You made your male MC unbelievable; staid, dry, aloof, and wimpy. Not saying go nuclear, but he put up with way too much before drawing a line in the sand, and even then he sounded like a frustrated high school senior who found out his GF wasn't exclusive.

Boardman68Boardman68over 2 years ago

Pretty good story. I think "once a cheater, prone to cheat again" is valid in this story & in real life. I would imagine the first affair she had...she never was really regretful or asked for forgiveness. He just took her back because he loved her so much. He would try to be the very best husband & hope it never happened again. But she never changed. Time was ticking for the next affair. Interestingly, that is the same thing that happened with my first wife & marriage. The only part that that didn't seem realistic was how long he waited to protect himself financially, etc. Particularly, sense he was the financial officer at his company? By the time, he did. I would think his vindictive wife & lawyer-lover would have taken him to the cleaners & major assets would have been gone.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

"Her punishment will be that she will continue to be screwed up. If she cheated on me with Tom, she will cheat on him with someone else." This is the sad truth of it. Escape is the only victory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An ok story, but lacking any real payback or real regret on the part of the cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BARF!!!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars and just barely - only because he actually divorced the adulterous, skanky, slut, bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The (1st) wife is 100% inconsiderate, selfish, and untrustworthy. The husband is 100% virtuous--half Eagle Scout and half altar-boy. His 2nd marriage is 100% made-in-heaven, happily-ever-after, 'til-death-do-us-part. Even as male fantasies go, this one strikes me as rather lacking in nuance and complexity!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous