A Husband's Decision

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Michael142
Michael142
547 Followers

"Alright Brenda, here it is. You know that after years of marriage, some couples start to have problems, and the sex gets a little stale. Janet and I have played some games to try to keep things fresh. I know that you know about her affair some years ago. I love Janet, she is beautiful, and I would do anything to keep her... well, just about anything. Last Friday, Janet surprised me with her desire to "be with" a young man that smiled at her in the restaurant we often go to, this time to celebrate her house closing.

It was a big home sale, and she worked very hard showing it and marketing it. We went to our favorite bar afterward, and she wanted me to leave her there alone and come back for her a while later. I was thinking that this was an extension of our usual "bar game," but she had prearranged with this man to get together for the evening... for sex... telling me that it is something she needed to do. So, long story short, she went to this man's hotel room, and sent me home. I didn't do that of course, I stayed at a motel."

Brenda looked down, then raised her eyes and said, "Tom, she told me all about what happened Friday night. That is not something you keep from your best girlfriend. She thinks that this is something she still needs as you said. It's like finding a new kind of high, or like the feeling a teenager girl gets, finding a new boyfriend ... something new and exciting. I am quite worried about this Tom, dear. I promise that I will be here for both you and for Janet. I love you both, and I am the biggest cheerleader for the success of your marriage to her.

I guess what it comes down to, is how much tolerance you have for allowing her continuing to see this guy and becoming complicit in their on-going affair. I know that he called his office Saturday morning and told them he is going to be here at least another week. This is definitely the guy she was with Friday night. Look Tom, I have to walk a fine line here, but if you need a shoulder... or say... a very large bosom to cry on, you have only to ask me. Most weekend nights I end up with dates, but I will cancel if you need me."

"I appreciate that Brenda. I do not want to put you in a position to have to choose between Janet and me, it isn't fair to you. I am not going to submit to Janet and her lover. I would give her up before I would ever let that happen."

Brenda thought for moment then said, "Well, you may not have to do that, but it may entail your giving Janet a little freedom, to see if she can come out of this. I would meet with a lawyer also, if I were you, because this young guy is a lawyer, and I get the impression that he is pretty good. I would also protect my money if I were you ... just as a precaution. I have already advised Janet against doing this to you, but I am not sure how much influence I have with her on this. She is my friend, and to a certain point, and I will keep her confidences." She thought for a few seconds and continued, "If you would like to talk more, and it seems like you do, I can take the afternoon off today and we can meet at my place to talk more."

"Hmm. Let me give my office a call. I can have my assistant hold my calls for the afternoon, saying that I am in conference. That is not out of the ordinary."

I have to be careful what I agree to with Brenda, but talking this out over a cup or two of coffee at her place sounds innocent. We made our arrangements for the afternoon, and I drove to her townhouse. She was there when I arrived, and had changed from her stunning red dress, to a white blouse, blue jeans, and low-heel pumps. She is part owner of a high-end boutique catering to professional women of means, so she is always impeccably dressed. Her townhouse is in a fashionable area near downtown, and is spacious for one person. She had a bottle of wine already opened and breathing before I arrived.

She took my suit coat, and I offered her my tie to hang up along with the coat. She handed me a glass of Chardonnay and with a naughty smile on her face said, "Well darling, as you can see I have a shirt on, so where is your month's pay?" She teased me about my earlier comment, and she giggled with her hand over her mouth.

With a wry smile, I responded, "Careful lady, I might just take you up on your offer to have them for free!" She responded immediately still giggling, "Any time Tom honey ... any time!" She walked in and sat in an overstuffed chair next to the couch, and I sat on the end of the couch near her chair. She started the conversation,

"Okay Tom, here is the whole deal I learned from Janet. She likes this man, and intends to see him when she can. I also got the impression that she knew him before Friday night, although she did not say that. She told me that she didn't think you would allow her to see him out in the open, so she intends to see him a little on the sly. Remember Tom, she is a realtor, does not have to answer to anyone for her time, and she has access to a number of homes for sale that are unoccupied, and a couple of them are furnished. She has a ready-made opportunity to avoid the hotels and motels that would be easy to check for on credit card bills and ... she is where she is supposed to be. I hope she does not take advantage of this, and I advised her not to, but I think she might."

"So you think it looks like she wants to keep seeing this guy without clueing me in?" I interjected.

"I'm afraid so, Tom. She specifically asked me what I thought your capacity was for just going along with anything she might want you to do. Plus, this guy is a lawyer, so the more they talk in between "activities," that side of him is going to come out and give her some advice. I do know his last name, it is Fredericks, Tom Fredericks, and his main office is in Atlanta. I would definitely get a referral from your lawyer friend at the company, and hire a PI."

After a short pause she continued, "I feel like a total creep telling you all this, since it is from a private conversation between Janet and me, but I don't agree with what she is doing, and I told her so. Watch your money, Tom. I will try to keep Janet on the straight and narrow as much as I can."

She had a serious look on her face as she finished. I just nodded, but I noticed that somewhere between the beginning and the end of her story, another button came open on her blouse, exposing a little more of her breasts, which were already straining against the material. I wrote the name down that Brenda gave me in my notebook. She rose to go into the kitchen, and it looked like she was putting together a snack tray... just fruits and berries and stuff, so I moved into the kitchen to see if I could help her. I appreciated the information she gave me, but there really did not seem to be much else to talk about, and we seemed now to just be playing house.

She had been facing away from me, and turned around as I approached, and since we were between the sink and the service island, we were close to touching. She did not hesitate and put her hands up on my shoulders, reached up and kissed me full on the lips. When I showed surprise, she became red-faced and apologized for being so forward. My hands reached out in an involuntary movement, and I briefly put them on her large breasts. I let my hand slip inside her blouse; her breasts were so soft and warm. I was now in deep shit!

I withdrew my hand, and we looked at each other for a moment, both of us a little red-faced. I wanted nothing more right now than to pick her up, carry her into her lavish bedroom and make love to this amazing creature. Instead, we returned to the living room and to the other half of our bottle of Chardonnay. We both tried to regain our composure after this brief but very erotic interlude.

Sitting on the couch, and in a more somber mood, I said to her, "Brenda honey, we can't do this. As much as I would love to go further, it makes the situation more complicated. And it's just plain wrong." after a sigh, I continued, "We can't let this happen again."

"I know Tom, I know. I am in a worse position ethically than you are honey. You are entitled to protest her actions. I am her best friend and closest confidante. How can I meet with her and let her confide in me, and still want to be with you, Tom honey. It is not exactly as if the four of us can just get together and work things out. I would be betraying her trust, and as far as I know, she has never betrayed mine. If she asks for my honest advice, I am going to work against my own self-interest, by telling her to save her marriage to you.

"You are the most amazing woman I know Brenda. But as things stand now, that diminutive little beauty is my wife, and depending on what transpires in the near future, likely will remain my wife!" I had another thought, and added, "But I still have to talk to a lawyer of my own tomorrow and hire a PI regardless of what else develops. I might have to play along in the meantime, are you okay with that?"

"Of course, silly!" As I got up to leave, she continued with some hesitancy, "Tom. Um, I am not sure how to say this, so if I screw it up please forgive me. You and I dated in college for a while, and um, you chose Janet. I respect that decision; Janet is my friend. But I um, think that, I uh, still have feelings for you." She looked down for just a moment with a slight blush, and when she raised her eyes to me she said, "I love you, Tom."

There were tears in her eyes and as she stood, I let her bury her wet face in my chest, as I rubbed her back to comfort her. She raised her face to me and I kissed her lovingly. I broke our kiss, touched my hand to her cheek, and left. I looked back and she just looked at me with teary eyes, raising her hand to the spot I touched on her cheek. She turned her head to the side slightly as her chin trembled a little. I smiled and turned to walk back to my car.

Part Three: Living in a sea of love.

Janet and I had numerous arguments about this affair over the next several days, without coming to any kind of agreement. They mostly ended in shouting matches, with neither of us willing to give in. After that amazing night of lovemaking, sex between us was now nonexistent, and I moved into the guest bedroom. I have involved her best friend, Brenda in gaining information from Janet. I was very uncomfortable doing that, and so was Brenda, but I needed to know. Since Brenda and I have had a longtime affection for each other, we made the mistake of sharing a kiss, and almost a little petting. We discussed our lapse in behavior, and as much as we were trying hard not to ... I think we were falling in love. We still needed to discuss what would happen next, so today I am at Brenda's lavish townhouse again to discuss that very subject. She cautioned me against playing their game.

I said to her, "Brenda, I still need to work out what to do next, about Janet and her lawyer-boy. In the meantime, can you arrange a meeting with her to find out what you can about her plans?"

"You know that you are putting me in a real ethical bind here darling, don't you?" she responded, with a worried expression.

"I know I am asking a lot. Well... perhaps I should not involve you any further in potentially betraying a friendship. I can find out enough of what I need through an investigator to help in my next steps. Janet and I are not coming together as we eventually did five years ago, Brenda. I think we might be ... over."

"No, Tom. I will do it. What are you thinking these steps might be?" Brenda said with some worry in her soft voice.

"Let me make some arrangements, and I will fill you in over lunch here, in a couple of days say, Friday?" I responded with a serious look.

Brenda thought for a moment, likely mentally going through her calendar for the week, "Um, that might work. I will make a lunch date with Janet tomorrow," and with a more direct voice added, "but I will just let her do the talking... I do not want to entrap her in any way. If she does not bring the subject up, I won't either." I quickly said, "Okay, that makes me more comfortable with your involvement. Let me know, Brenda."

We both rose, and shared a simple brother/sister hug, we embraced and I kissed her on the cheek. In my car before starting it, I just sat and thought about the afternoon. I guessed that Brenda was right about Janet knowing this guy before Friday night, and that this was all prearranged before Friday. She was using my fantasy to legitimize one of her own.

Then my thoughts were of the pretty and busty lady I just left. Brenda and I were always a breath away from falling into each other's arms for years ... I did date her first in college, so this is nothing new for us. I thought about the day, our conversation, and Brenda's large firm warm tits, but mostly I thought seriously about what life might be like ... with Brenda. Her sweetness was what originally attracted me to her. But in a moment of weakness, I fell for a cute petite little ass, and a pair of dark emerald-green eyes. These thoughts brought me back to my dilemma about what to about the owner of those emerald eyes, and her lawyer-boy lover.

Janet and I did not get into it tonight, and just ate supper in relative silence. I found another excuse not to make love to Janet, and she took it well as usual. I again used the excuse of not feeling well, and I went back to the guest bedroom. A lame excuse she accepted without question. I lay awake for some time thinking of my next steps. They would be legal and financial. My first stop would be my lawyer friend at work for a referral to an attorney to use for this, and for a PI to use to follow Janet. I mentally went over my schedule for the next couple of days to find some time to call credit card companies and banks. In addition, I needed to find a block of time on Friday to meet with Brenda if she could get together with Janet, otherwise I would meet with her at the beginning of next week. The thought of Brenda was getting me a little aroused, just thinking about her large breasts in my hand. I encouraged my engorgement of the moment by sliding my hand over my dick and jacking it into hardness and sort of, "took care of business."

The next day, I made coffee and a quick breakfast for Janet and me, sort of an egg McWhatever, that she could take with her and her covered tumbler of coffee, to have on her way out the door to work... or to whatever else. I drove to the office and called Jerry, my lawyer friend, to see what he advised me to do. I did not want to wait for lunch, and after Jerry shifted a couple of appointments for me, we met in his office at ten.

Jerry spoke first, saying, "You know what my position is at the firm; I represent them and do not take outside clients per my employment agreement. I wrote out the name of an attorney who might be able to help you. He can also set you up with a good investigator and a forensic accountant if needed. You might also be able to sue this guy for alienation of affections, for alienating her from her legally married spouse ... worth a try, but it's kind of a stretch. If it works, you might be able to get some money from him, but it does not work in most states, particularly in no-fault states. You will need to gather some information, but my referral attorney can explain all of that. I did contact him, so all you have to do is call him when you get back to your office and confirm a meeting for two o'clock this afternoon, if that works for you."

I thanked Jerry, we clasped hands, and I went directly to my office to call his referral. I called the bank, and arranged to withdraw one-half of the the balance in our joint savings account and our joint household checking account. I set up a new savings and transferred my half of our savings into it, telling them that I would be in to sign a signature card in the morning. I transferred my half of our household funds into my existing personal checking account. Since both of these accounts were set up as "either/or," there was no problem transferring the funds. I called the credit card company for our one joint account, informing them that I would no longer be responsible for any charges as of this morning, and asked them to fax me the necessary forms I needed to sign and return to them. I made a call into my broker for advice on our investment accounts.

With the financial portion taken care of, I called Brenda at the store to see if she was meeting with Janet today. "Hello darling," she said softly into the phone, "How are you doing today?

I replied, "I am just fine. How is everything on you end?"

She said, "Okay, I guess you are calling about, um, our mutual friend, and yes we are meeting for lunch today. I will keep it casual with her so everything will be cool. I will just let her do the talking honey, but if she does not talk about her lawyer-friend, I will not even bring up the subject, and we will talk about other things. I have to do it that way, sweetie."

I was very happy with her intelligent and sensitive approach, so I said, "I know, Brenda, and I still feel a little funny about involving you in this. Just feel free to back away from any of this if you are the least bit uncomfortable with it and I will get the information another way. But... I still need to meet with you when I can."

She said, "Umm," checking her calendar again, "let's meet at two o'clock tomorrow afternoon at my place regardless of what else happens. How is it going on your side?"

"Fine, I am meeting with an attorney today, and I have already taken care of all financial matters, I have shielded my half of the joint funds, and taken care of the credit cards and investments. Yes, I can make it tomorrow, and... I can't wait, honey." I replied.

"Mmm, that's my smart man." She said with a little giggle. Out of that entire conversation, the thing that stuck with me most was that she called me "sweetie." I know it's kind of juvenile, but it made me smile.

I resolved to continue to keep my meetings with Brenda on a friendly basis ... affectionate, but non-sexual. Part of me still loves Janet, but I was starting to think that after the fifteen years of our marriage, and a couple of years before, that it might be over. Had she started to move on from me? I have to know from Brenda what is on Janet's mind, and I have to ask Janet myself just what her plans are ... if she will tell me.

My meeting with the attorney went well. He gave me the advice that Jerry started to give me earlier. He agreed that there is a possibility of an alienation of affection lawsuit, but it would be a longshot at best. It would depend on the quality of information I was able to get from Brenda, and from the PI. He said that he would draft some papers, but hold them until needed. I gave him a copy of my will to look over, and he asked me to prepare a list of beneficiaries on any insurance policies. He agreed with my financial arrangements.

He had prepared a list of some things that he thought lawyer-boy Tom might advise Janet to do, and we discussed remedies for all of them. He said he would hire a PI to start watching Janet tomorrow. With all of this settled, I went about my routine in the office and later at home. Janet cooked a nice supper... she is a talented cook. I was too excited about all of my preparations, and with my meeting with Brenda to get much sleep, and I was in the office early the next day doing just what needed doing to free up a few hours in the afternoon.

I left for my meeting with Brenda at her lavish townhouse. When I arrived, she answered the door wearing a simple, but expensive-looking sundress, and appeared to be braless. She kissed me. I brought her a yellow rose; she inhaled its perfume with a sweet "thank you" smile. I could feel her amazing breasts flatten a little against my chest as she hugged me. I put my arms around her at the waist. Her dress was a button up the front style with a scoop neck. With a couple of the top buttons already strategically unbuttoned, showing some cleavage.

Michael142
Michael142
547 Followers