A Husband's Decision

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Michael142
Michael142
547 Followers

Janet is still with the firm and doing quite well. I did receive a small sum from Tom over a successful alienation of affection suit, which he did not contest. Janet's own words did the trick. I split the house with Janet, and retained half of all other marital assets, as we untangled our financial affairs equitably. Janet acknowledged to me sometime later that she made a mistake by not giving me the respect I deserved. She and Brenda are starting to talk a little, but the old feelings are still a long way off. Janet has expressed a desire to see Brenda again in the future, but without me.

Brenda and I had "date nights" which started just after the divorce was final, where I would call her at work on a phone I know she does not answer, and ask the clerk answering the phone, "Um, hello is Brenda Griggs there?" I can hear the clerk giggle as she turns to Brenda and says, "Miss Griggs, you have a gentleman caller, shall I tell him you are in?" I can almost hear her rolling her eyes, as she takes the phone and uses her standard greeting, "Brenda Griggs, State Street Boutique."

"Ah, Miss Griggs this is Tom Anderson. Are you available on Friday night?" She shuffled some papers pretending to check her calendar, and said, "Yes, it seems that I am; what do you have in mind Thomas?"

"Would you like to meet for dinner and dancing? I know a great place."

"Mmm, sounds tantalizing darling ... I mean Mr. Anderson." I can hear in her voice that she is trying hard to suppress a giggle, "You may pick me up at eight, at my place. Do you have the address?" Then she does giggle.

I scolded affectionately, "Brenda, quit it!"

She says in a business-like manner, "That sounds wonderful Mr. Anderson, I'll see you then." She giggles just a little.

"You are too much, sweetheart, I love you." I said, and she responded in a soft voice, "Thank you for calling, Mr. Anderson." Then, in a whisper, "I love you too!"

On that Friday night, we spent a lot of time laughing at the reactions of her partner and sales staff. I picked a place that was different from our usual fine dining. This is a nice family diner, with a beautiful vintage Wurlitzer jukebox in the corner. After we place our order, I excused myself, put a quarter in the machine, and punched a few buttons. When the first couple of bars of the 1959 Phil Phillips classic Sea of Love started pouring out of the speakers, Brenda's eyes widened as she exclaimed, "Oh my God! Sea of Love... is my all-time favorite song. Let's dance, honey."

No one really dances here, but I took my lovely date in my arms, and we danced to Sea of Love, as I sang along with Phil Phillips in my acceptable baritone voice and looking into the teary-eyed face that I love:

"Come with me, my love. To the sea... the sea of love.
I want to tell you how much... I love you
Come with me. To the sea... of love!"

After that night, this '50s classic became our song, and the opening line always brings Brenda to tears. That night, when we went back to her townhouse, Brenda fucked me longer and harder than she ever had before. The only thing I could think to myself as I hung on for dear life was, "Thank you Phil Phillips, wherever you are." We are the corniest couple ever and regularly receive groans from our married friends, some of whom have let everything else in their lives get in the way of their marriages. On her birthday a year after our wedding, I took Brenda to the fanciest restaurant in town that had an orchestra and dance floor. I tipped the conductor fifty dollars to play... yup, you guessed it... Sea of Love. Brenda was dressed in a beautiful gown, and all eyes were on us as she left her yellow rose on the table and followed me to the dance floor.

I always give her a single yellow rose on dates. Red is for love I know, but we are most proud of the fact that, in addition to our deep love for each other, we are also best friends. We call our nights out dates, because I take the time to ask her in advance, and she can accept or not. It shows the respect we have for each other and the fact that we do not take each other for granted. I noticed a husband near the dance floor, stand and take his wife's hand, saying, "Come on honey... remember how much we loved dancing to this song?" Brenda and I are contagious!

We have a little girl named Claire. She is kind and sweet and will be the spitting image of her mother. True to her name, she is the light of our lives. Brenda and I do not play silly games to keep our sex life fresh and never seem to tire of touching each other. Claire is often heard to say as she rolls her pretty, soft brown eyes, "Will you guys please stop? You are embarrassing!" We just grab her and fold her into a family embrace, tickling her into rivulets of little girl giggles. Claire has her little friends over for sleepovers, and they cannot get over our loving behavior, with our constant chaste touches, hugs, and kisses in her presence. They ask Claire what is wrong with her parents. I once overheard Claire answer that question telling a friend, "Mommy says that they live in a sea of love... whatever that means." For the past ten years, we have made love every single night... at least once.

I never take her for granted, and every night is like a first date to us. When I have to travel for work, she will arrange a buying trip for her shop and come along. We dine at the best places on our trips and always arrange our schedules to have some time together... even if it is just to lie on the beach. At home, I will often "take" Brenda as she is leaning over the kitchen sink, or coming out of the shower, and occasionally in the car during our frequent "date nights." Always out of sight of our sweet child. When Claire is around, I will swing Brenda away from a household chore and into a dance, providing the music vocally. I love singing to her. When Claire was young, she would hug our legs as we danced to join in with us. Now, she just rolls her eyes at us ... but smiles. I think she secretly enjoys all of the love and caring that flows in and around her when we are all together.

My little family is the most important possession I own. I am making good on my promise to hurry home every night to make love to Brenda ...

... for the rest of my life.

~ ~ ~

Michael142
Michael142
547 Followers