A Tangled Web Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Meanwhile, back in the main lounge, the musicians had set up on the stage and were providing background music; the farm lads had gone, having spent all they had on rice wine and the entertainment for 'birthday boy', but others had arrived and there was a lively buzz about the place. The girls acted as waitresses and hostesses, pampering to the customers' every need.

As the evening progressed, the girls took it in turns to take a break for their main meal of the day and Vera and Jai-Li joined them at the table in the kitchen. Vera, still overawed by it all, sat quietly but Jai-Li was as chatty as ever and the girls discussed their customers in an open and frank way. Vera tried as hard as she could to follow the conversation but much of what they talked about was so far outside her experience and using words she simply didn't understand or, if she did, they seemed to have some strange meaning here.

As the evening wore on the tone in the lounge hardened. The customers were louder, drunker and more demanding. From time to time one, two, or, on one occasion three of the girls, would get up on stage and perform a short show, a dance, maybe or an erotic display. One, which got many cheers, was when one of the girls was tied to a post at the side of the stage, and one of the others gave her a light caning. Once this display had finished Vera saw Xiao-Pin being led away, at which point Jai-Li took her by the elbow and led her over to watch the private room.

Vera, peering through the grille, looked on, horrified, as Xiao-Pin fell to her knees and bent forward, kissing the feet of her customer and all the while begging for mercy. However, even Vera in her naivety could see that this was part of the ritual, that the begging did nothing but inflame and her entreaties were fuelling her customer's desire. In a fury he ordered her to her feet before tearing the kimono from her body and brutally dragging her to the cross. The marks from yesterday's caning were still visible and, after he had fastened the straps, the customer softly, almost sensuously, ran his fingers along them as if they were an essential part of her beauty. Once she was fastened Vera could not see Xiao-Pin's face but the way her body reacted as the customer's fingers stroked it spoke volumes; she seemed to want to shrink from his touch, as if even the lightest caress was repulsive to her.

After some time playing with Xiao-Pin's body and whispering in her ear the customer stepped back, took a cat o'nine tails from the wall and laid into her. Whilst Vera knew that all the girls were good actors Xiao-Pin's screams of pain sounded real and after the first few strokes Vera had to look away. Shaken she tapped Jai-Li on the shoulder.

"Why is it Xiao-Pin again?" she asked. "Why is she getting this treatment?"

"Sometimes it's just bad luck," Jai-Li replied, "but this time... Well, Xiao-Pin upset Lian by not putting on a good show when she was called to perform and now Lian is steering all the mean bastards her way."

"Not putting on a good show?" Vera queried.

"Yeah. You've seen the sort of shows we have to perform. Well, Xiao-Pin was told to do one and, at first she complained that it wasn't her turn and then, when Lian insisted, well, she did it but she just went through the motions, didn't do a good display. Lian was furious; she can't stand any of us talking back and this is her way of reasserting her authority. Xiao-Pin gets punished, the customer gets his kicks and Madam Yang gets well paid for allowing such extremes."

Vera turned back to the grill. Xiao-Pin's body was covered in red wheals and the customer, panting gently, was putting down the whip and unbuttoning his britches. Vera felt nauseous. One slip, one word out of place, one bit of attitude and that could be her on the cross, not Xiao-Pin. Indeed, given her ability to get into trouble back at school, it was almost inevitable that some day soon it would be her. As the customer thrust himself against Xiao-Pin's buttocks Vera could feel the jiba deep inside her and memories of the guard's brutal treatment came rushing back. Would she be able to take such treatment? Would she have any choice?

That night Vera lay in bed unable to sleep. Tomorrow, such a short time away, she would be subjected to all the abuses she had just watched. She didn't think she could take it but what were the alternatives? None that she could see. In her mind she could still hear Xiao-Pin's cries of pain; if she were not careful she would soon be suffering a similar fate Even in the cell condemned to die in the morning she had not felt this lost. At least then she could see an end to it, not the ceaseless nightmare that this promised to be.

"Jai-Li! Jai-Li!" she whispered at the sleeping form in the next bed.

"What?" came the sleepy reply.

"I can't sleep; I keep thinking about tomorrow. Will you be there?"

"Yes, my time off ends tomorrow. I'll be there." Jai-Li rolled over so that she was facing Vera. "Look, I know how you feel; we all do. It's hard but you'll survive."

"I'm scared, so, so scared," Vera confessed and for a moment she nearly broke; her eyes were full of tears.

"Of course you are. Come and have a cuddle," Jai-Li lifted up the corner of her blanket in invitation and, gratefully, Vera slipped out of her bed and into Jai-Li's. They snuggled together, the more experienced girl holding the novice tight and calming her fears as she might a small child.

The next morning Vera woke, bleary eyed after a restless night. She was alone in the bed but, almost as soon as she sat up, Jai-Li appeared.

"I let you sleep in a bit. It's a big day for you today," she said. "Now get out of bed and we'll go and find some breakfast."

Wiping the sleep from her eyes, Vera slipped out from beneath the covers and reached for the pyjamas that were laid on the locker beside her bed. Then the two of them went to the kitchens and helped themselves to porridge and tea. Vera found she had no appetite, the food turned to ashes in her mouth but she went through the motions, pushing the porridge about in her bowl. As they ate, the cook came over to them.

"Ah, Guizi-Nui," she said as she approached. "You start work tonight, is that not so?"

"Yes, Mistress," Vera said jumping up from her seat and bowing.

"And has Jai-Li taught you everything you need to know? How to prepare yourself and how to avoid making babies, for example?"

"I've watched the other girls getting ready," Vera replied. "With Jai-Li's help...."

"Make sure she does help you. And don't skimp on your breakfast; I don't want you feinting away tonight. You've no tasks assigned but I thought it might help if you took this to Xiao-Pin and helped her apply it." She took out a lotion bottle from a pocket in her tunic. "It will aid her healing."

After they had eaten, they went back to the dormitory where Xiao-Pin was still sleeping, lying on her front. Jai-Li led the way over and crouched down beside the bed.

"Xiao-Pin! Xiao-Pin! Wake up. Cookie has sent us over with some of her lotion. Come along, it will make you feel better," Jai-Li said.

"Go away. I just want to lie here," Xiao-Pin replied grumpily.

"Come along," Jai-Li said with reproach. "You know you've got to; we can't go back to cookie without the job done or we'll all be in trouble. More trouble in your case."

Xiao-Pin sighed heavily, reached behind her and pulled the blanket away. Vera gasped as she saw the vivid bruising, the red wheals now turning shades of black and blue. Jai-Li poured a little of the lotion onto the centre of Xiao-Pin's back and, using the tips of her fingers, gently eased it across the broken skin. Vera, taking her cue from this, took the bottle and poured a little onto each buttock and started to massage it in as if treating a child. The lotion gave off a strong menthol vapour and seemed to sooth Xiao-Pin as she relaxed and just lay there.

"Oh, that's good," Xiao-Pin said eventually. "Look, sorry I've been such a bitch but that cow Lian...."

"Shh!" urged Jai-Li. "Someone might hear."

"Oh, there's no one here but us, and you won't tell, will you?"

"Of course not," Jai-Li replied. "But if you want to get back in Lian's good books you'll need to watch your step for a while."

"Oh, she'll get bored with me as soon as the next victim comes along. I wouldn't put it past her to have a go at this one."

"Xiao-Pin!" Jai-Li said, horrified. "Poor Guizi-Nui is scared enough as it is; you don't have to rub it in. Remember when you were new here."

"Don't I just," Xiao-Pin rolled over, wincing slightly, and sat up. "I'd never been so scared in my life."

"So think about how someone else is feeling for once in a while," Jai-Li chided. "Now, are we done here?"

"Yes, yes, I'm much better. Thank you both." Xiao-Pin turned to Vera. "Don't mind me. I'm just Mrs Grumpy today. Lian's a bitch and if you give her half a chance she'll make you suffer the way she's making me but if you give her what she wants, if you're all 'Yes, Mistress', 'No, Mistress' and make her think she's the supreme Empress of everything then she's not too bad." Xiao-Pin flexed her shoulders. "Yeah, that's so much better. I'm off to get some breakfast."

Later Vera, Jai-Li and Xiao-Pin were lying around in the dormitories when one of the girls who had been working in the kitchen came over.

"Guizi-Nui! Guizi-Nui! Come now. The cook is asking for you."

Vera already knew better than to keep the cook waiting so she jumped off the bed and, along with Jai-Li, followed the girl back to the kitchens. There she found the cook waiting for her along with Lian. She went before them and bowed.

"At least her manners are coming along," commented Lian. "Is she ready for tonight?"

"Pretty much. She's still a bit tight but some of the customers like that. Why don't we have a look," the cook replied. Then she turned to Vera. "Well, girl, what are you waiting for? Lian wants to inspect you; how can she do that when you're still dressed?"

Vera slipped off the pyjamas and passed them to Jai-Li before standing again in front of the two women who slowly looked her up and down.

"It's a shame her hair is so short," Lian said eventually. "Of course we'll let it grow out. About shoulder length should suit. Part of the reason Madam Yang bought her was the blonde hair and we want to show it off. Talking of hair, I see that she's shaven. She came like that, I assume. Personally I think it's too much trouble. If she's not shaven regularly then it gets scratchy and the customers complain. Next time she's off work we'll let it grow out; just keep it nicely trimmed. Now, lets see how tight she is. Bend over the table, girl."

This last bit was to Vera who did as she was told. It was strangely chilling the way these two women discussed her in most intimate detail whilst treating her as if she were cattle and that the decisions about the length of her hair were entirely out of her control. Once she was bent over the table, she was roughly told to spread her legs apart as far as possible and then she felt the cool oily touch of the cook's lotion between the cheeks of her bottom. Then, without any preamble, she felt a finger being pushed inside her and having a good poke around.

"I see what you mean," Lian commented. "She is tight and there's still some damage from when she was raped. Do you think she'll be able to serve tonight?"

"Oh yes," the cook replied. "Just keep her away from some of the rougher customers and she'll be fine. Her bi is pretty bruised as well but, again, as long as she's kept well lubricated, she'll survive."

As if to confirm the cook's views Vera felt Lian's finger move from her anus to her vagina and, once again she was thoroughly probed.

"Yes, she'll do. Anyway, Madam Yang is most keen that she's working as soon as possible. Apparently she has quite a few customers who are keen to cao the British. She's going to be quite an earner, this one. I saw her wearing a kimono when she arrived. Jai-Li, go and fetch it."

Whilst Jai-Li went to fetch Vera's kimono, Lian washed her hands and she and the cook discussed the bruising on Vera's body left over from her beating. The consensus was that it wasn't too bad and it was a good thing that whoever had done it had stayed clear of Guizi-Nui's face. Then Jai-Li returned with the kimono.

"Oh, very nice," Lian commented. "Someone was keen to have you dressed up nicely." She held the kimono against Vera, careful to avoid the oil that was leaking down from where she had been inspected. "Yes, very nice indeed. Take care of this, young woman. Any damage will be paid for in beatings. Understood?"

"Yes, Mistress," Vera said meekly and took the kimono from Lian. "Thank you, Mistress." She added for good measure.

Well, I've got things to do. I'll leave this one in your capable hands."

"Of course, Lian. Thank you," the cook said. Then, as Lian withdrew she turned to the two girls.

"Jai-Li, you heard what the Mistress said. She's your responsibility, you're to make sure she has plenty of lotion before she goes out tonight and you're to show her how to reapply it when she needs to. I don't want this one too sore to work tomorrow just because you've been shirking."

"Of course, Mistress. I understand, Mistress. May we leave now?"

"Yes, you still have a couple of hours. I suggest you make the most of them. Why don't you and Xiao-Pin give this one a bath? Off you go now."

And with that they were dismissed.

A suggestion from the cook was as good as an order, so Vera and Jai-Li went back to the dormitories to fetch Xiao-Pin before returning to the bathing area. Vera watched as Jai-Li and Xiao-Pin sorted out a bath. They had Vera get in and, at first, concentrated on soaping down the oily mess left by Lian's investigations. As they did so there was inevitably quite a bit of splashing and Jai-Li and Xiao-Pin took off their pyjama tops so as not to get them wet. This, in turn, led to more splashing and, in the end, all three of them were soaked. As they towelled themselves down afterwards both Vera and Xiao-Pin were thinking that, maybe, with friends like these, life might just be bearable. Then the other girls started to arrive and, with a sickening lurch to her stomach, Vera knew that the waiting was over; for better or worse, her new life was about to begin.