All Comments on 'An Affair I'll Remember'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 153 Comments (Page 2)
tompo296tompo296over 4 years ago
Thank you

Once again you have written an excellent story. I agree with some of the comments about the plotline, in that I feel that with the slow demise of his marriage he would have been better prepared. He should have gone up later to the party and had photographic evidence of her trysts The cruise was an attempt to rekindle their marriage, but evidence of a lack of respect for him was there prior to the trip. He had supported emotionally and financially with the gastric by-pass, tummy tuck and 'bingo wings' reduction and her selfish attitude. He surely would have some inkling that she was on the path to cheating because of her 'new looks'.

5stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Police not too astute

Hmm-called Carl's office and got info from secretary to find him,went to biker bar but not spotted,lied to police and apparently didn't seem nervous when questioned several times. Pretty improbable he wouldn't have been caught.Best to tell everything or better yet a cautionary tale to all the burn the bitch and kill the perps stories.Even if you don't get caught they will always be looking for you. And since you're not a professional hit man you probably didn't think of everything.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Deserve

Mary deserved some form of revenge for her behaviour and cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
what could have happened

Very glad John was not caught out in a lie and being put in prison. Could have happened just the way it was portrayed. Life can be a bitch.

Kirk34Kirk34over 3 years ago
Awesome Story As Usual

Great well written story as usual.

I agree with others as far as how I feel about Mary. But if we're being honest, Mary did get he just deserts, because now she has to live with herself, and only herself.

Mary had a midlife crisis and decided she wasn't interested in getting old, so she got young and decided she'd be the slut she always wanted to be when young. It's an old tale, Woman marries young, has kids, regrets not being more wild in her youth, etc...

It's not a excuse for what she did, it's not, but she became so obsessed with staying young that she allowed all the bad inside her to fill her up. Maybe she was cheating for years, there are plenty of signs she was, so I'm just glad things turned out alright for him.

And now Mary gets to continue the march into old age, with no more surgeries and still as cold and nasty as always, with nobody to support her or comfort her. Serves her right.

decathlondecathlonover 3 years ago
Tears of a croc

I enjoyed this story. Yes, there was some thin plot ice in various places, but it was all plausible.

One note about crocodile tears -- they are insincere tears. You are not the first to misuse the term at Lit, but perhaps you and others who read the comments will not make that mistake again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not A Bad Story

At all. Somewhat similar to one of Q's masterpieces in basic plot, just not as smooth or elegant. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story

My only question is: how did you come up with an hour and a half distance between Ohio & Pennsylvania? By car, it’s five and a half to six hours. By flight it’s a little over an hour and a half, not including airport time.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

I don't think that's the proper use of "crocodile tears", but it was a good story. I do like a happy ending and there was no possibility of happiness with the first wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story as usual, 5* as usual. Thanks for the story . . .as usual.

somewhere east of Omaha

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 3 years ago

Five stars.

Another enjoyable read.

Well told. Well done.

RivetboiRivetboiabout 3 years ago

You know that cell phones can be tracked by the nearest transmitter tower, right? The police know this too and use it for alibi corroboration.

jneric2691jneric2691almost 3 years ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great story. Good open end with Carl’s much deserved execution. Maybe he did use that hunting knife after all. A definite upgrade in the wife department with Judy.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

What a great cheating slut story, the ex Mary got kicked to the curb which she so justly deserved. John and Judy found each other after the cruise, got together and found happiness together. Well Done 5++ stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Mudsharks are gross .

One star

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

"Your serious aren't you John," asked Judy.

.

"Yes, I am Judy. But before I hire you, please understand the difference between 'your' and 'you're', okay?"

.

The big hole in the murder investigation is that over half of the murders today are solved because the criminal is stupid enough to leave/put evidence on Facebook, or are placed at the scene by cell phone ping data. In this case, PPD would've subpoenaed MC's cell phone data, and he'd have become the only suspect, because he was at the scene at the time of the murder, and he had two compelling motives to kill Carl.

.

Otherwise, it was a GREAT, well-written story! 5/5!!!!

tazz317tazz317almost 3 years ago
25 YEARS...A LONG TIME TO TOLERATE A DISINTERESTED MATE

but waiting for the shoe to drop adds to the fluster. TK U MLJ V NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoy most of your stories as I do this one. I believe this is the third or forth time through. Thank you for a great read! 5 stars.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Anonymous from a month ago, I believe you protest WAY to much. Bet ur a little girl who likes her dark meat! Why would color have any thing to do with a story unless you were a closet slut! I have no problem with color myself, I have a problem with assholes of ANY color. Thank you DG for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am often critical of certain stories. I will say this. Relationships started when couples are older are often extremely stable and loving. The immaturity has gone away. The term youth is wasted on the young is well known. For those of us older, wiser and drunk with love for our spouses, can you imagine what we would do to them if we had the bodies of our youth? I often imagine myself at 23 with my husband instead of that shit bird I was with at the time. I truly regret that I never met him first and wasn't able to give him my young body. I love him more than I can ever express. -starsong1977

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

This one was believable to me because a mid-life crisis awakened an outbreak of narcissism in the wife. She is a tragic character.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Judy had crocodile tears running down her cheeks….wtf?

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 2 years ago

story a little racist

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 2 years ago

Good story! Gave you 5 stars the first time I read it. Haven't changed my mind.

Re:SunnyU2

Either you're one of these people who see a racist behind every tree, or I can't read very well. I saw no mention of race in this story, but it's too long to search it again, so I'm gonna assume you have a problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are a master of suspense! Congrats.

I hope that Mary gets her proper reward: At least one STD (why not two or even three of them) she can't get rid of and why not make it a good whammy: HIV as the crown jewel! Did I say I like her?

Five stars

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

better ending would have been the twist of Judy doing him in and getting away with it!

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Mary the cheating slut totally walked, totally. Very unsatisfying. The whole Judy the perfect girlfriend thing smacked of a total cliché. Story left a very bad taste in my mouth. 1/5.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Ignore the haters. Good story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

People don't understand that it's not always about getting revenge through action or karma. Sometimes the best revenge is moving on and living a happy life. Good story, 5/5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just the little things that did not add up. Cruise Ships get to there home port very early in the dark AM. Everyone is off the ship before 12. Buy a map? He has a cell phone why the map? Cruise Ships big push is family there is never an open sex party . Drugs are a big no no on Cruise Ships. They have the drug dogs check your car before you get to the ship parking lot and your bags before you get on the ship.

pummel187pummel187almost 2 years ago

what a scuzz bucket lol

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

Three pages are good and then hogwash of perfect female for rebound. Everybody is perfect after that.

It shows the obvious foolishness of the writer. Here is this cuck that wife is pulling for his nose everywhere and yet as soon as he finds another female he is immediately infatuated, no questions asked.

It is not only DG Hear doing this cliche nonsense, all the BTB authors go through similar motions. One female impersonation of evil, but the rebound is angel incarnated.

Not to mention nonsense about the main hero going after "Carl" with knife, what an absurdity.

Last 4 pages are pathetic lemonade.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

7 pages, but where was the sex/erotica? How does a life-long tool salesman afford a cruise with daughters in college? Mary herself went to college but only snagged a job as a secretary? She got bypass PLUS lippo because she couldnt lose her BABY WEIGHT? Story sounds more like a fictionalized account of a real divorce. 7 pages long, lots and lots of long winded verbiage. "An Affair I'll Remeber" is a Tale I'll Forget.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

I read it again. I liked it the first time, but I liked it more this time. It's a whole story as opposed to the small moments in time of most stories here. Good job and the right outcome! Mary's behavior was too far from a 1-time mistake and she showed that she had no respect for her husband. When a person's need is "someone else" to give them validation, there is no fixing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The cliches were the same. Only the names were changed in a failed attempt to make them fresh. The use of the language was good. 3 overall.

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Great Story. Loved It!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I understand that MC offered Darcy a job as an assistant in his business in order to start slowly getting into her panties during their weekly "work trips"? Smart move: while Judy's mother is inevitably getting old, he starts fucking a younger version - her daughter Darcy. And Darcy doesn't mind, since she herself suggested joint trips - away from Judy. And in the car, you know how it happens: a couple of extra buttons unbuttoned on a blouse, an inadvertently lifted skirt, a hand that jumped off the gear lever and landed on the hip. Then a spontaneous kiss at a traffic light, and there's a motel down the street. That's it-sorry, Judy is a wife and mom...

davezqdavezq11 months ago

I liked the combination of BTB and whodunit. Creative.

HighBrowHighBrow10 months ago

The trouble I have with Loving Wives is I am only interested in the cheating, retribution or restoration, not how he continues on with a new woman for the next 5 parts. You have to work hard to make Femdom agitprop boring.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I bitterly resent being offered a MC who keeps "hoping my marriage my have a chance" when evidence is visually graphic that there is no chance because it was gone when they boarded the ship. She spurned, disrespected and humiliated at every turn. She gave totally contrived BS excuses and he just "waited it out hoping she decide to save the marriage.

The man is a middle aged,fat, gutless wimp yet he expects her to respect him as a man? Why should she? She narcissisticly took ALL their money, put them into debt, for pwn personal adoration. A man with any common sense, objective perception balls would have kicked her to the curb months ago.

He winds up at the effect of his own stupid and childish refusal to grow up and be a man.

Christ, is nearly begging her to be his mom!

I'm done with this writer.

theVikingSailortheVikingSailor7 months ago

You developed your story very well. Thanks for putting it up.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So, Judy had crocodile tears that are totally devoid of emotion? And was it Pittsburgh PA or Pittsburg KS? and the last part, especially, was too details driven. But you still got Four stars.

JPB

servant111servant1116 months ago

Nice tale but left hanging...unfortunately...

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It would help to end things with more info on Mary.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story - very well written with good progression

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Carl might have been a dick, but the real villain was Mary. She got off with no come back whatsoever. Spent almost all his savings and took half of what was left, and would have taken more if given the opportunity.

It's easy to kill off dicks, but leaving the real villain untouched is just terrible in a story like this.

How hard would it have been for both Carl and Mary to have been killed by the bikers.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Mary should have been horsewhipped!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Bit listless. And he is ready and planning to kill Carl? Wtf? Mary was a slut. She had zero remorse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I would liked to have seen more there at the end. A little of Mary having a miserable life and regretting what a sorry slut she had become. I'm happy for the MC and everyone else but it's missing the final ending of Mary. After twenty five years of marriage she should not live happily ever after having betrayed her long life with her husband. The fact he stuck with her for so long and payed for all her enhancements should have have meant everything to her. A little mor suffering for her is in order.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower17 days ago

Thanks for a well-written and captivating tale! Keep up the fine work!!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories