All Comments on 'An Elevator Ride'

by chilleywilley

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
THE COMMENT OF Risq_001 GRABBED ME

One of the first commenters on this story, he makes the point that it is the wife who has done him the worse, and therefore deserves payback moreso than lover boy. (Risq's lack of comprehension of lover boy's guilt has been dealt with very well by several commenters).

So why is the woman exempt from physical punishment (hitting)? This is the day of women's lib and feminist rights -- equal pay and equal rights. So give to them. A man adulterer deseves hurting and broken nose and jaw? Well then, a woman adulterer deserves the same. But because of an archaic code not consistent with the day of women's lib, she does not get her due. I'm talking theory -- I do not know if I could do it (too old to buy the women's lib thing). Now, wife abuse is different. That's a bigger, stronger (usually) bully taking advantage of a weaker one. I won't get into non-physical abuse by females that is worse to a male psyche than physical abuse would be.

It's also interesting that the men on this site who are proud they would never lift a hand against a woman (even a cheating adulterer), approve of such things as 1) depriving her of support so she is barely able to eke out existence, 2) exposing humiliating videos to family, employer and/or friends, and 3) depriving her of contact with her children (I'm overlooking more outlandish ideas like selling her to a Mexican whorehouse). But if you were to ask her, she'd choose any of those things rather than the physical beating. Real gentlemanly -- wouldn't lift a hand against a woman! Instead, just grind her into the dust!

Anyway this reminded me of a friend (now deceased) of an earlier generation, who, when a woman got onto him for opening a door for her, responded, "Well, 'scuse me! I thought you was a lady!"

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
CORRECTION

... on my earlier comment.

Should have read,

"But if you were to ask her, she'd choose the physical beating rather than any of those things."

Paul in Oklahoma

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
Going down bitch

I love a good elevator ride. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice.

This was a good little story and I enjoyed it very much. I just had one little problem with the ending. When he ran into Karen a year later he basically admitted that he was the one who assaulted Lamb. That was a mistake that could very well come back and bite him in the ass big time later on down the road. Overall though, good story.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
Life's a bitch and then you marry one

!!

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Good one

Smart guy, dumb woman. They both got what they deserve.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Run and run fast.

It's the only thing to do with a wife like that. Run, don't look back, and don't reconsider. Fun story, if very improbable.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed the little lamb’s beating, and the wrong lover twist was hilarious. Nice work.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago
5 for you

Great story and I liked the humor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So, folks, please help me out: is a sap that size heavy enough to damage and arm or fist of a 6'2", 240 pounder?

Or should Chris rely on his edged weapons?

OlFrog14c

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

Moderately interesting. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Guy admits to felony Assault and Battery? I don't think so unless he is a complete fucking moron.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 star - violence ALWAYS gets a ZERO plus I added a 1 star above to make sure your average is lower.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Contrived

fredbrownfredbrownabout 2 years ago

Hell, I like the Lamb and Wolf part but I'm pretty well convinced dear wifey is dumber than a post. Story is good for a laugh - unless your name is Lamb. You've got some haters but I'm not one of them, it's a big 5 for me! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Get an editor....PLEASE!

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Think

I think this justifies the title Load of Crap.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well done, but I never understood the urge to take it out on the other man.

He didn't make any promise to you, your spouse did.

Making HER pay is righteous.

The other guy/gal, not so much. He took what she offered.

Unless it's blackmail, or drugs, in which case a shallow grave is appropriate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

OK, I'm pedantic.

But ""Gimme the key, I hafta pee!" is not alliteration; it's rhyme.

Rhyme - Key and pee. The cat sat on the mat.

Alliteration - repetition of the 'first' sound.

"A freshly fallen silent shroud of snow." Paul Simon, 'I am a rock'

The story was excellent. but I was surprised with the ending. You seemed to be heading for the wife sees what was done to her lover, and immediately recognises the injuries from the previous event. (What happened to him?)

He doesn't need to explain why their marriage is over. She knows.

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

The lover knew she was married and had no business touching another mans wife and defiling her marriage viws they deserve th beat down

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think this was perhaps the funniest story I ever read on lit. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think many of the commenters understand the story and take it seriously. Thanks for making my mundane day a lot lighter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Marriage is for fools. No-one can be faithful for life. If you get married you deserve to be cheated on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sometimes a bit thin, but definitely worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another who assumes the aroma of sex either doesn't exist, dissipates instantly following the sex act or can't be detected by others. You can be at least somewhat realistic because al three of those assumptions/beliefs are FALSE.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower9 months ago

A fun little read, I quite enjoyed it, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

On page one. When you move from paragraph to paragraph, and the same person is talking, indicate that, by not closing the paragraph with quotes. That tells the reader that the same person is continuing to talk. If a new person begins to talk, close the current paragraph with quotes. Always begin each paragraph with quotes, no matter who is talking.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The story was somewhat skinny, but I liked it. Four stars. To the main who said the other man didn't deserve the beatdown, only the wife deserved punishment, I offer that Lamb targeted the wife and went after her. He deserved punishment.

JPB

Just_WordsJust_Words8 months ago

I read it again and still like it. If only it were that easy.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Hilarious. Chilly was pretty good.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

Thanks for a fun (re)read!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

“We're still friends, but nothing more. “

.

That throwaway line cost a ⭐️

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I never understand why in these stories where the wife betrays the husband like this, and they ask if they hate them, why do they never say yes? If your spouse betraying you in a most cruel and humiliating way and throwing away your marriage isn't enough to garner hatred, what the fuck does it take? I would hate someone for a lot less than that, and I try to avoid hatred as best I can because it takes a lot of effort. Anyway she got off easy, but they all too often do. Rather disappointing.

trucker1965trucker1965about 1 month ago

The story line makes no sense and everything else is utter garbage.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

The user loveofmyLife75 just ripped this off in the text "I DID WARN YOU". He just changed the names.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous