An English Affair

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We moved once again onto the rumpled bed, each removing pieces of clothing between hard kisses. This time, at the much slower pace, I took time out to admire her body. As I had expected, it was beautiful, the tan lines of summer distinct and bordering the limits of decency. I tenderly kissed the un-tanned parts of her and gently pushed her back on the bed as she made furtive glances towards the swelling in my boxers. From the movement of her breasts, her breathing had increased, her heart pounding. I had in my hand another condom at the ready, somehow the occasion no longer seemed to require modesty.

'Hope you don't think bringing these today was too presumptuous, Rebecca.'

She smiled and reached across the bed for where she had dumped her handbag. She extracted her own contraceptives, 'Tra-la! Who's presumptuous now? I had to guess the size!'

I studied her packet of three, 'Is that wishful thinking?

We both burst out laughing and it seemed to make things all the better. Clutching our assortment of contraceptives, we kissed again, our tongues eagerly seeking the other, the lunchtime regrets quickly forgotten. But then, without warning, she pushed me away.

'What's wrong?'

She placed a small hand on my chest, teasing the hairs, 'Tom, can you remember who you made love with last?'

Taken aback at the surprising question, I misunderstood her, 'Like I said, six months.'

She pinched my nipple between her long painted nails.

'Ouch!'

'Not when. Who?'

'Why do you want to know that?'

'Just trust me, okay?'

'Well, that's easy to remember. It was someone I met one weekend in Malta, she was American and called Carol. And not married,' I added.

'Did you wear a condom?'

'Of course I did, it was casual sex. In fact, almost without exception I have always used one since my marriage ended four years ago. It has to be a very special woman not to.' I cocked my head, 'Why do you ask?' Although of course I knew the answer.

'Then we really don't need these, do we,' she said, throwing her packet to the floor.

The thought of the thrill of more unprotected sex excited me, but I had to ask the question, 'What about you?'

She smiled, 'I knew you would ask that. I told you, Dan is the only man I have been with in eighteen years.'

'What about him though? Can you trust him?'

'Well, sort of.'

I touched the smooth flesh of her inner thigh, 'What's that mean?'

She studied my errant hand and responded in kind with her own. 'That feels nice, you have gentle fingers, for a man. I'll tell you. Yesterday, he went out to his car with an armload of books but picked up my keys by mistake, you know how easily that's done? He shouted to me to get his from his coat pocket. Guess what else I found in there?'

'Panties?'

My fingers explored higher, into intimate territory. She groaned, and shook her head. 'Worse. Condoms.'

Inside her, she was moist and slippery, she wriggled under my touch, 'That doesn't mean he's having sex with someone.'

'Oh, come on, Tom, grow up. It was a packet of ten, and four were missing.'

'Oh, I see. Does he play golf?'

She looked down between her legs, 'If you don't stop that, I will jump on you. Yes he does, but what the fuck does that have to do with anything?'

'Golfers use condoms to protect the heads of their clubs.'

'Yeah sure, I think we both know which head he has been protecting! But I will make a note to check when I get back home.'

I nodded slowly, we were evidently good to go. I grinned down at her and tossed away my opened rubber too. But something she had said puzzled me.

'Wasn't that rather obvious, don't you think he meant you to find that? To tell you in his own way that he is having an affair?' I nearly saidtoo, but didn't want to remind her of the current delicate situation she was in with me.

'I don't think so, he is just very forgetful. It does confirm though what I suspected this morning in bed.' She placed her hand over mine, and pressed it against her sex. 'So, I gather from what you are doing down there, you want to make love to me again? I am on the pill by the way.'

'Mmm, I like a woman that comes prepared.'

I grinned and lowered my pants, She reached out for me, her answer lay in her hand. I too was confirming the emotion her nipples were proudly displaying.

The feel of her body, its taste and its scent seemed perfect to me. I didn't want the moment to end. I'd had immediate attractions to women before in my life and had even acted on them. But never one that felt so fully engaging and complete. I guessed that it was because of all I did not know about her. That was the hook. She was a mystery. Physically, I could not get any closer than I was to her during these moments, yet there was so much of her hidden, unexplored. We made love in gentle rhythm and held each other in a long kiss at the climactic end.

Later, I lay on my side, next to her, my arm across the flatness of her belly. I picked up the towel where we had left it and dabbed gently at her sex. One of her hands traced circles in my hair. The true confessions began.

'You know something, Tom, I haven't been with a lot of men in my life.'

I didn't respond because I didn't know what the proper response could be. I was well past caring about a woman's sexual history for anything other than health reasons.

'What about you?' she asked.

I couldn't resist.

'I haven't been with a lot of men either. In fact, none, as far as I know!'

She punched me on the shoulder, 'You know what I mean.'

'The answer is no. I haven't been with a lot of women in my life. Not enough, at least.'

'I don't know, the men that I have been with in the past, most of them, it's like they wanted something from me I didn't have. I don't know to this day what it was but I just didn't have it to give. Then either I left too soon or stayed too long.'

I propped myself up on one elbow and looked at Rebecca. She was so easy to talk to. In just a few hours I had become dangerously fond of this woman. Emotions stirred that had lain dormant since I could remember. My mind focussed back to that April night in Malta. Carol, all American girl a long way from LA, and homesick. We met in a bar. We shared our deepest thoughts and fantasies. We fucked through the remaining hours. Two lonely people, right place, right time. In that one steamy night I knew more about her than I ever did about my estranged wife.

'Sometimes I think that I know strangers better than I know anybody else, even myself. I learn so much about people in my job. Sometimes I think I don't even have a life. I only have their life...' I frowned, '...I don't know what the fuck I am talking about here.'

'I think you do. I understand. Maybe everybody's like this.'

'I don't know. I don't think so.'

We were quiet for a while after that. I leaned down and kissed her breasts, holding a nipple between my lips for a long moment. She brought her hands up and held my head to her chest. I could smell her perfume again.

'Have you been with a married woman before, Tom?'

'My ex-wife, does that count?' I mumbled into the valley between her breasts.

'Apart from her.'

I shook my head, remembering Deborah in Kensington, who was actually divorced, but pretended to be otherwise to heighten the mystique. And it had worked, disarmingly well, throughout a whole weekend of debauchery in Paris. She only revealed the truth on the returning Eurostar. For some idiotic reason I had felt deceived, the mystique destroyed. The thought of her lithe body, naked on our Parisian bed and slick with the sweat and unique smell of our union, still excites me, but we didn't date again.

'No, only one who was separated, and her marriage was beyond the rocks. Sarah's husband was already planning the next marriage before his current one was over. I think a pregnancy had something to do with it.'

Rebecca laughed softly, 'That nearly happened to me in my teens, but it was a false alarm, thank God.'

I laid back on my pillow and after a while she put her arm over me.

'I think you are a good man,' she whispered close to my ear.

'Am I?' I whispered back.

'And we will do this again, won't we? I never liked one-night stands.'

'We will,' I promised. 'How about tomorrow? I've already cancelled one day, another one won't do any harm.'

She tugged gently on my nipple, 'Down boy, we have only just finished this one.'

As we dressed, Rebecca suggested I call her Saturday afternoon when she knew Dan would be out watching rugby with the boys. 'I just need some time to digest what's happened today, Tom. Don't get me wrong, I have no regrets, I love what we have just done, but I need to work out where we go from here. Assuming you want to see me again that is.'

I took her in my arms, absorbing the heat of her breasts on my chest, 'I think you know the answer to that, babe.'

I leaned forward and kissed her nipples. They were still erect.

'You like my titties, don't you?'

'I like all of you, Becky.' I placed her hand on my cock, 'See, he does too.'

She caressed it, cupping my balls, and sighed.

'Oh, Fuck.'

'What?'

'I wish we could stay here until the morning. I could do this all night.'

Reluctantly, I removed her hand, 'So do I, but it's five thirty, time you went home, miss.'

She smiled up at me, tears forming, 'Yes, but you promise there will be another time, I'm not just another notch on the bedpost?'

Gently, I wiped the tears from her cheek. 'I promise. Anyway,' I added, grinning at her, 'I don't do that anymore, I lost count!'

She punched me lightly in the ribs, and we finished dressing.

In Reception, Christina smiled and asked if everything was to our satisfaction.

'Oh absolutely!' said Rebecca who leaned over the desk and, to the surprise of both myself and the Italian, kissed her fully on the lips.

I drove her back to her car, where we kissed.

'Thank you, Tom, for a lovely day, you have given me a new lease of life.'

'My pleasure, babe.' She blew me a kiss as she drove away. As always, alone after sex, I felt empty. I wondered if she felt the same. But then she had a family to go home to.

That night, with the smell of her still pervading my nostrils, I masturbated myself to sleep. I wondered if she, in the loneliness of her half of the bed, quietly did the same.

**

The next morning, Rebecca's text took the shine off things.

'Tom, darling. Something's happened, we need to cool it for a little while. Explain later. Becky xxx'

Throughout the rest of the week, my thoughts often turned to her, wondering what had happened, assuming it was something to do with her husband. I buried myself in my work. On Saturday, I called as she had suggested, but only got voicemail. I left a message asking if everything was okay.

That weekend, I shared everything with Frances, my younger sister. We have always been close and know more about each other than any other person alive. Or even dead, for that matter. She once had a lover suffer a heart attack at a very inopportune moment! Unusually for her, she was currently unmarried, but surviving quite comfortably on the support of two previous husbands. Her liking for sex truly ran in the family.

'Tom, darling, this is the way we women are, and come to think of it men aren't much different. This Rebecca hadn't had sex all year and you were in the right place at the right time. You satisfied her and now she will settle down within the comfort of her marriage for another year's drought until she gets horny again and another convenient cock appears.'

I smiled at my sister, ever since I could remember she had always called a spade a spade.

'Don't forget I was in the same boat once, you remember Shaun, the Irish lad?' she said.

'Yes, but he was only eighteen, he was just a toy to you.'

'And you think Rebecca is any different? Think about it. Who made the first move?'

'Oh, I did, I asked her out for coffee.'

'And what made you do that?'

'That's rather obvious, don't you think? I fancied her.'

'And what made you fancy her?'

'What is this, an interrogation?'

Frances sighed, 'No, Tom, I am trying to make a point. Put it this way, was she any different with you on Friday than at any other time?'

I recalled the hand on my shoulder and her first touch. I held up my hands.

'Okay, I see what you're getting at.' I told her about the missing buttons.

'See? I was right. She seduced you.'

'That's hardly seduction, Sis.'

'Wrong again! How old are you, Tom? How many women have you shagged? The first thing I do if I fancy a bloke is to put some tit on show. Always works.' I remembered from sly shower peeps in my teens that my sister had plenty of tit to put on show.

I shook my head, 'That's as maybe, but there was definitely something deeper within her being.'

'Yeah,' she laughed, 'Your cock!'

I looked up at her over the pub table where we were sharing a light Sunday brunch, 'Don't be crude, Fran, it doesn't suit you.'

'But you know it's the truth, Tom. How many one-night stands have you had up 'til now?'

'I don't know,' I replied sheepishly, shrugging my shoulders, 'I lost count.'

'See? That's my point.'

'But I was a lot younger then. Becky and I are in our forties, we are more responsible and serious about what we did on Tuesday. Anyway, I don't care what you say, I think there is more to us than a one-night stand.'

'Bollocks.'

I studied my empty glass. 'Another one? She nodded.

When I returned with the drinks, her mood had softened.

'Tom, I'm sorry. Ever since you broke up with Sally, I have only wanted the best for you. I guess I am judging you by my own experiences.' Frances had broken up with more men than I had had lovers. 'But can I give you one tip?'

I nodded, 'Go on.'

'Don't call her. Wait 'til she calls you.'

I took her hand, 'Thanks Sis. I wasn't going to, anyway.'

We finished our lunch and headed back to her flat in Teddington, where I played for a while with her kids, twins from one of her two marriages, and a younger girl from a source which to this day she has never revealed, not even to me. I stayed for dinner, after which we watched, for the umpteenth time,When Harry met Sally.As usual, her head on my shoulder, we both cried.

**

I was at my desk the following Tuesday when Rebecca eventually replied.

'Hi, Tom, is this a good time?'

With great relief, I pushed my papers aside and hitched my feet up on the desk, 'Anytime is a good time if it's you. So, what's going on?'

'Thank you. Dan has just left for America. In just....half an hour... he takes off.'

I grinned to myself, 'Sounds as though you have been counting down the minutes.'

She giggled, 'I couldn't wait for him to go, and to see you again.'

Frances, I thought, you are not always right.

'So what was that text about last week?'

'Sorry about that. Someone, I don't know who, saw Alison coming out of Paul's house that day and apparently he's a close friend of Philip. So I thought I had better cool it until the dust died down.'

'Who's Philip?'

'Ally's husband, Dan's brother.'

I sat up in my chair, 'Oh, so what has changed your mind now?'

'Couple of things, Tom. Last night Dan phoned me to say he was working late in his office, and I heard a tube train whistle, you know that distinct hooting sound?'

'Yes. Go on.'

'Well, where he works, all the trains are underground. So he was somewhere else. I can't be loyal to him anymore, Tom.'

'I think it's time you confronted him, and came clean with each other.'

'I intend to when he gets back. But I want to see you first. I know it's only been a week, but I miss you, I miss what we did. Sleazy as it was, I can't get that hotel room out of my mind.'

'Me neither. So what else has changed your mind? You said two things.'

'Like you suggested, I checked the cupboard under the stairs? There's no condoms on his golf clubs.' She laughed. 'They would have to be extra large, wouldn't they!'

'You would be surprised what you can do with a condom.'

'Really? And that packet is gone from his coat. He must have taken them to America with him.' She paused. 'Oh fuck.'

'What?'

'I wonder if he's taken her with him?'

'Becky, if you really need to know, then you can always check with the airline.'

'No, I don't think I want to know that, Tom. I guess if he's shagging someone else, it doesn't matter where he's doing it. So, how about us?

'What about us?' I teased.

'You know what I mean, what you suggested about a night in town? Dinner and a shag?'

'Of course, as long as you are sure this time.'

'After those condoms, definitely. Just one thing though.' She spoke in a whisper, 'Can we skip the dinner and show that you suggested and just do the hotel bit?'

'You horny bitch!'

I heard her laugh, 'You don't know the half of it. I have been going up the wall ever since we left that car park the other day. It was so hard not replying to your messages. I don't think I have ever felt so horny. I take it that's a yes, then?'

'Of course it is. I have to do something with this discomfort in my pants!'

"Yeah, Mr Graham garden designer, just make sure you save it for me. I know you men.'

I laughed, 'Can't think what you mean!'

We agreed that sooner would be better than later before she changed her mind again and, as soon as she had hung up, I logged on to Hilton Hotels and booked a suite for the following night. I used my Hotmail address. I considered the extra cost of the room would compensate for having no meal or show. This time therewouldbe room service!

A few minutes later I received a text,'I checked the Internet. He's gone, I'm free for a whole week! I can't wait for tomorrow xxx'

A thought occurred to me and I frowned,'After what you told me about the Tube, are you sure he's gone to America and not shacking up somewhere over here with his girlfriend? Maybe even watching you? Watching us?'

'Yes, Tom, I saw the ticket. I don't care anymore what he does, I know he's sleeping with someone else, so fuck him xxx'

Wednesday.

Park Lane Hilton

The suite faced west across Hyde Park, I had texted Rebecca to come straight up to my suite on the 24th floor. I suggested it wouldn't be wise to meet at the bottom of the elevator! Not in this place!

At precisely 8:00 there was a gentle tap on the door. Strange how humanity is never late when sex is on the menu!

I hardly had time to take in her appearance when, in a blur, she flung herself into my arms. In the open doorway we hugged and kissed like the new lovers that we were, and only when we drew back for breath did I see another figure out of the corner of my eye.

'Hello, Tom,' said Alison, Rebecca's sister-in-law.

Rebecca grinned nervously at us both, 'Hope you don't mind, Tom, but I thought now would be as good a time as any.'

Bewildered at this sudden turn of events, I beckoned them both quickly inside. Whereas my married girlfriend was dressed quite conservatively, no doubt coming straight from her workplace at Covent Garden, Alison was wearing what appeared to be a long cotton sleeve, a black dress so tight that it was obvious that no underwear was being worn. She was dressed for sex.

The women threw their bags and coats on the sofa and I shook my head in disbelief.

'Surprised, Tom?' said Rebecca, grinning from ear to ear.

'You could say that.' But not shocked enough to halt a stirring in my loins.

Alison had moved to the window, where the sun was setting over the roofs of Kensington Palace, burnishing the Serpentine into a golden twisted ribbon, 'Wow, what a view.'

Rebecca and I looked at her silhouette and nodded in agreement and joined her where, for a moment or two, we all stared at each other in total silence.