Barbra

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Barbra grinned broadly. "Thank you, sis," she said. "You're really sweet!"

"Anything going on at your place?"

"I'm having a visitor over for dinner," Barbra said.

"Oh. Andrew, right?"

"How on earth do you know?"

"Just female intuition, baby. No, just kidding. Your poker-face is not quite as good as you think! You just look radiant whenever you mention him. We've talked about you a lot, Beau and I, and Mary has a good idea about him too."

"You don't think that his being white --"

"Of course not! Better white than always hanging around with other women, and I think he's really nice. Just the one for you. He is rather like Mike in a way, and he loves you, Bee! I met him in town, and I could tell by the look on his face when we talked about you. We just hope you'll be happy so much!"

"Okay! Well, that's a relief, actually." If only that were true, she thought.

"You're welcome, Barbs! Hope you'll have a good time. Talk to you later, then!"

They said goodbye, and Barbra went back to kitchen to find Andrew had finished loading the dishwasher and gone on to washing the few articles that weren't dishwasher-proof.

She picked up the dishcloth and dried the stuff.

"That was Em," she said. "I told her I had a visitor."

Andrew looked at her with a little smile. "Okay," he said. "She is quite nice, actually. I met her again while shopping. She must have decided I'm harmless."

"She has. Coffee?"

They had their coffee in the garden again. The muggy weather, which lay on the landscape like a wet blanket, seemed interminable, and after the coffee Andrew said goodbye as he had to go to Manchester for a week the next morning.

He hugged Barbra, thanked her profusely and kissed her on the cheek before leaving and waved at her as long as she was within his sight.

Barbra felt very lonely when he was gone. She made herself another cup of coffee and then she remembered the CD Andrew had brought for her. She took it out of its box, put it in the CD player and listened while drinking her coffee.

It was a lovely record. It slowly dawned on her that it was a collection of love songs. Could that be the reason he'd chosen it for her? Em seemed to think so. In her mind's eye she saw the look Em and Beau had given each other after swimming and she wished Andrew would look at her like that.

19 - The Weather Breaks

The weather stayed hot and sticky. Everyone got more and more irritable all week and Barbra was really fed up with it. She didn't feel like spending another weekend in the garden with a book, and another dip in the lake wasn't too attractive, just on her own. She'd love to call on Edward but she knew it'd be no use. He'd be returning home from Manchester only halfway the afternoon. Eventually she decided that she wasn't going to let herself be stopped from having a good time. She found her old and battered ordnance survey map and her rucksack; she packed a few bottles of water and some sandwiches, put on her walking boots and set off through Potter's Wood, roughly in the direction of the town but soon swerving a little.

She walked for quite a few hours, feeling happy to be out in the open, and she had lunch on top of Fox Hill. Then she descended in a wide arc, making her way round with the intention to reach town at about eight in the evening, and then take a bus back home. She loved the countryside. Some birds were twittering afar, and the land lay wide and open before her feet.

Gradually there was a little change in the light, though. It was getting a little hazier, and she noticed a couple of swallows come flying very close to the ground. Could there be rain approaching?

When she turned around to look back at Fox Hill in the distance, she saw that the sky beyond it was growing grey. It certainly didn't seem a good idea to walk back -- she'd only meet the rain, if there was to be any, head on the sooner. Blast! She quickened her pace, but the sky got increasingly greyer, and behind her she could hear a faint rumbling. Oh no! Getting caught in a thunderstorm was the last thing she wanted. She took out the map and tried to see if there was any shelter near.

When she consulted the map she realized she was fairly close to Andrew's lane. Hopefully he was home again. It would take her no more than half an hour to three quarters to get there. It was the nearest place she could think of. If she cut through that little wood, skirted the copse there -- she thought it could be done.

Okay, girl, she thought, let's give it a try!

She knew that trying to run would have her out of breath before long; walking fast was the only option. She did. It was strenuous enough anyway.

The day was turning dark fast, and the rumbling got louder. The thunderstorm was gaining on her. She had to consult her map again twice, at those corners when you don't know which field is which. If only she would reach his place in time!

She found herself walking faster and faster and her heart seemed to beat in her throat. The change in the weather had come entirely unexpected for her. The world was all grey and gloomy, the heat was positively oppressive and the sky seemed to turn almost green.

She was really afraid now. To her immense relief she suddenly saw the road through an opening in a row of trees. Almost there! She broke into a trot and ran the rest of the way. Andrew's car was there and there were lights on inside his house. She ran up to his door and pressed the bell.

Almost simultaneously the floodgates were opened and the sky got rent by a blinding flash. Some two hundred yards further down, at the very spot where she'd entered into the lane, a big oak was split in two. Half its top crashed into the road.

The hall light was switched on and Andrew threw open the door. Rather wet already from those few seconds in the downpour, Barbra stumbled into the hall, half panting, half crying.

Andrew got hold of her shoulders. "Barbra! My goodness! Are you alright?"

She smiled at him a little nervously. "I suppose so," she said, wiping her eyes. "I was so afraid! If I'd been two minutes later..."

"Yes. Jeez. Oh wow, look at that tree! Come, give me that rucksack -- yes, that's better -- and let me help you take off those boots. Right! And the other foot. Do come into the living room."

"But I'm all wet!"

"Never mind! Come!"

Barbra was still shaking on her legs, so he held her arm and led her to a chair. "I'll go and get you some thick warm socks," he said. He returned within seconds with socks and a towel.

"Here you are," he said. "The floor is always a little cold. And you'd better dry your hair."

Then he went away again and returned with a mug of tea. "Alright," he said. "Drink up!"

Barbra slowly started to feel a little better again. "I'm so glad you're home. I got caught unawares by this." She explained briefly what had happened.

"Yes, it came completely unexpected! I was working in the garden, writing, when the weather changed. Here we are alright; I had lightning conductors installed last year."

Barbra nodded. "Good," she said, still a little out of breath. "My heart rate is finally getting back to normal. But I'm covered in sweat."

"Would you like to take a shower?"

"Yes please! You don't mind? I am all smelly and sticky. A shower would be great. Oh -- I love that CD you brought for me! Maybe you can sing just for me, too?"

Andrew smiled and raised his eyebrows. "I'd love to," he said.

She slowly drank her tea, looking around the room.

"Hey," she said. "What did you do to this room? It's different somehow."

He nodded. "You told me you thought it was a bit forbidding and that you preferred my study, remember? You were right. I tried to put some colour into it and to make it a little friendlier."

"I think it's much nicer -- more human. It's good to sit here now."

She tried to remember exactly what the room had been like. The mask had been moved from the end of the room to one of the long walls, and instead there was an oil painting in browns, reds and oranges. Andrew had put an Afghan rug on the floor, and there were reddish cushions in the chairs. He'd even put a vase of flowers on a side table.

"You did a good job."

"Any suggestions?"

"Mmmm... I'd have to give that some good thought. Not offhand, no. Would you like me to think about it?"

"Yes, please. That'd be great."

"Okay." She put down her empty mug and sighed. "That was good. I think I'll have that shower now."

Andrew got up and showed her to the bathroom. It was bright and shiny with a bath and a shower cabin and two wash basins. In one corner there was a rack with toiletries, wash cloths and towels.

"Everything is in here," he said. "Shampoo, shower gel, bath salts if you'd rather have a soak. These are the best towels. And if you like there's some perfume, too. I couldn't get myself to throw Lizzie's. Okay? Oh, and the toilet is next door."

"Mmmm... Lovely!"

He closed the door and left her to it. Barbra decided she'd have a bath. While she was running it she undressed. She inspected the toiletries and found a box of bath salts with a nice smell -- lavender -- to add to it, and then she got in. She stretched her legs and slowly sank down in the water. It was very relaxing. The water was nice and hot, and she looked around in Andrews's bathroom smiling to herself. If he really was chaotic he must have it well under control, she thought. This room was even tidier than her own. A good place to bathe.

She felt very happy to have found Andrew in. He really made you feel at home, and she loved the way he'd made her welcome and cared for. He was really sweet, just like Mike. He had strong, warm hands. Maybe...

She started washing herself, and when she'd finished her body she washed her hair. She hated the idea of being smelly; she wanted Andrew to like her smell. She'd have to see about Lizzie's perfume, though. It might very well not be the kind that went well with her skin.

She stayed in the bath until it started to get cold. After drying herself she cleaned the bath. She inspected the perfumes. Oh -- great! Chanel no. 5. She applied a little, got dressed and went back to the living room.

Andrew stood in front of the window looking out into the rain, which was coming down by the bucketful undiminished.

"Hi," he said when he heard Barbra come in, and turned his head to look at her. "Nice and clean?"

She smiled and walked across the room to where he was standing, and touched his shoulder with her hand.

"Nice and clean," she said. "My, it is horrible outside, isn't it?"

Andrew nodded. "I'm so happy I came back in time! It feels so good to have you around."

They smiled at each other, and to her delight he put an arm round her waist. It made her feel how tired she was, too, and she rested her head on his shoulder.

"It is rather horrible outside indeed," he said. "Mmmm... You smell nice! Er... We'd better have some food soon. I'm afraid you just can't go home." He pointed at a big branch, almost half a tree, that was lying across the entrance to his drive. "Another one. I phoned my neighbour -- he's a farmer, and he owns a big tractor -- and he said he'd come and pull it away. The trees over there are on his land, and he is responsible for its removal. But of course the storm must be over first, so you're stuck with me. Hope you don't mind too much? Can't say I do!"

He gave her a smile that made her feel inordinately happy.

"What would you like? Something hot, or some snacks?"

"Shall I come into the kitchen with you? I think some crackers will do. I'm not hungry."

"I'll make us some crackers and soup then, right?"

"Yes, please." She smiled back at him and thought how lucky she felt being comfortably indoors at Andrew's place.

He held out his hand and she put her hand in his. They went to the kitchen for a light meal and then returned to the living room.

"Seems the storm is stuck between the hills," Andrew said. "It often does. It could go on for hours. Lizzie loved this weather..." He looked out into the dark at the lightning flashing. "So did I. Still do, actually, provided I'm indoors, of course. I don't want to get struck."

Barbra nodded. "It's cuddling weather," she said. "Mike..." She suddenly couldn't end her sentence.

"Yes?"

She smiled a little half-smile.

"Feeling blue again?"

She sighed, and nodded. "Did Lizzie ever feel blue?"

"She did. I guess everyone does at times."

"What did you do to get her out of it?"

"Depended, really. If it was something really serious, like you blue mood back then, I'd get her to talk. But in other cases I'd just tickle her."

Barbra shook her head. "Tickle her? Oh my. Did it work?"

"It did, usually. Would you like to try?"

"No. I mean yes. I er, I don't know..." She felt tears get into her eyes.

Andrew nodded. He stroked her cheek and smiled at her. It was a warm smile, and she loved the wrinkles around his eyes. She smiled back, a little crookedly. He started tickling her side with one hand, and when she tried to defend herself he tickled her armpits.

She wasn't going to just stand there, and while she started giggling she tried tickling back. She loved the sound of Andrew's giggles. She forgot the tears and got into the spirit of the thing. But it seemed Andrew had the upper hand. He didn't half wriggle about like she did at all. He gave her a goofy grin, and she dissolved in laughter. She almost fell over but for Andrew holding her tight at the right moment and she put an arm round his neck.

When her laughter had subsided and her breath was back to normal she said, "You're not very ticklish, are you?"

He grinned, released her and shook his head. "No, not really. The only thing that really tickles for me is a finger passed lightly across my lips."

"Does that tickle?" Barbra tried, but it didn't seem to have any effect. She said so.

"That's because you can't tickle yourself. It's like this." He smiled into her eyes and then ran a finger very slowly, very lightly, very lovingly across her lips. It was a tingling sensation that she didn't know, and it didn't stop when Andrew did.

"Brute!" she said. "I'm tingling all over!"

"Shall I try and kiss it better?"

"That's the least you can do!"

Andrew took her in his arms, and found her mouth with his. She opened hers and licked his lips, and when he touched her with his tongue she hungrily sucked it into her mouth and took his head in her hands. She drank in the look in his eyes, and she pressed her breasts into his chest. Her nipples grew almost painfully hard. His left arm was round her shoulder, and he stroked her back with the other.

She moved one hand to his neck, and held him tight, and she lowered the other hand to his bum. She loved his kisses, and the oppressiveness of the weather had made her all hot and bothered, and she needed him badly. She squeezed his bottom and held him tight and she felt him get hard against her belly.

Andrew kept stroking her back while feeling for her breasts with his other hand. When he rubbed her nipple through her clothes she felt herself go moist. Some more of this and her panties would be soaking wet. He lowered his hand and pushed her top out of the way. She wore a thin lace bra, and he cupped her breast for a moment.

She loved his hands on her. "We're a bit overdressed," she said, a little out of breath, breaking their kiss for a moment.

"We are. Come -- let's go upstairs!"

He took her hand and they went into the corridor, up the stairs and into his bedroom. The window was ajar and Andrew went up to it and closed it. The rain lashed against the glass, and the sky was bright with lighting most of the time, but the bedside lights more or less blotted the flashes out.

Barbra noticed the bedroom was as tidy as the rest of his house. There was a big bed with the duvet folded back, and there was one wall of wardrobe doors. It looked friendly and pleasant. Then she forgot about it as they locked each other in their arms again.

While they were kissing each other voraciously, Barbra found Andrew's belt buckle. She undid his trousers and then unbuttoned his shirt. Andrew let go of her for a moment to allow her to undress him completely. Then he lifted her top over her head and reached behind her back to unclasp her bra.

He paused for a moment to look at her, and smiled into her eyes. "You're so beautiful, sweet Browneyes," he said. Then he knelt down and removed her jeans, socks and panties, and got up again to take her in his arms.

Barbra loved feeling his naked body press into hers. She held him close, and rubbed her breasts against his chest while she felt for his cock. She wrapped her hand around him and squeezed, and Andrew pinched a nipple in return. He squeezed her bottom with his other hand. Then he moved his hand to her front and cupped her mons. He rubbed his fingers along her pussy lips, and she bit his tongue when he touched her clit.

"Come," she said and she took Andrew's hand. They walked to the bed. Barbra lay down on her back. She looked at Andrew. He smiled at her and put the duvet on a chair. He sat down on the edge of the bed, looking at her and stroking her calves, and she opened her legs for him. "Please," she said. "Now!"

Andrew knelt on the bed between her legs and Barbra reached for his cock. He felt good in her hand, but she couldn't wait to feel him in her pussy, and she guided him in. "Oohhh, yesss!" she said as she felt his length slide in until it was buried deep inside her. She lifted herself on her elbows to have a look and Andrew bent down and kissed her. She put an arm around his shoulder and she lifted her legs and hooked them around the small of his back.

Andrew looked into her eyes. The corners of his eyes were all smiles, and she thought she could see both his love and his need in them. She smiled back and then closed her eyes while she eagerly sucked his tongue deep into her mouth.

Andrew withdrew slowly before sinking back into her. She squeezed his cock and pulled him in deep with her legs.

He rested himself on his hands and got into his rhythm. Barbra ran a hand down his back, scratching him softly with two nails. She tried to parry each of his thrusts, pushing her hips up his way and making sure to get the most of their penetration.

Andrew kept himself up on one arm and stroked her cheek briefly. Then he felt for her breasts and slowly, teasingly rolled her nipples between his fingers. He followed their curves with his hand and Barbra got the feeling he really loved doing so. It made her feel very desirable.

It had been a long time since she'd felt so happy, so much a woman and so beautiful. John had sometimes told her but she'd somehow doubted his sincerity. Andrew made it abundantly clear to her that he admired her. She opened her eyes. He was looking at her face, and smiling into her eyes the way she liked about him. She took his head between her hands, and ran circles with her tongue around his.

Andrew picked up speed. She felt his pelvis touch her in a fast rhythm, hard and urgently, and she loved every second. Then suddenly there was a terrific bang outside, and they stiffened for a moment, startled, looking at each other wide-eyed.

"That was near," Andrew said. "Are you alright?"

Barbra nodded. She offered her lips and Andrew kissed her again. The interruption made her only feel more urgency. She badly wanted to come with her new lover, to go to the brink and over it, and she increased the hold on his hips with her legs.

"Please," she panted, "please!" She worked hard and pleasurably, and she pulled Andrew down on top of her. She held him close, and clawed at his back, and bit his lips, and she squeezed and rolled his cock with her pussy, trying to bring him to a climax with her.

Andrew put his arms under her shoulders and held her tight, and he rolled his hips to feel every single part inside. Barbra loved it. She just lay back and let it come over her, and then all at once the waves broke, and she felt her nerve ends go a-tingle in a shattering orgasm.

1...67891011