Before The Fall Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The game lasted late (State University won), and they all piled into their cars (they had come separately this time), and drove to rendezvous again at a coffee shop downtown. There were a lot of high spirits, and everyone warmed their hands on the hot coffee and cocoa cups while joking and talking.

Soon enough, John took Carol's hand gently and indicated with a tug that it was time for them to go home.

Carol thought that now, for sure, John would try to kiss her or something even more assertive, but he did not. As they paused outside her front door, John asked when she was leaving to go back to school. "Probably about noon tomorrow," Carol said.

"Can I see you again before you go?" John asked.

"Sure," Carol said, "I'd like that! Why don't you come by at ten or so and we can visit a little bit before I have to leave!"

"I'll be there!" John said, then he turned away and left.

Carol leaned against the other side of the door after he had left, and started to cry. Her mother came out, saw her crying and asked, "What's the matter, Carol?"

"I don't think he likes me!" she said.

"I talked to Mrs. Kelly, dear," her mom said, "and I can assure you that's not the case. John has been talking about nothing but you since Thursday."

"But he hasn't TRIED anything, mom! He hasn't even kissed me!"

"This is what I've been trying to tell you, honey! Your expectations are all messed up by the kind of wild life you've been leading! Don't you know why John hasn't tried anything?"

"No, I don't, unless he doesn't like me ... or maybe he's, you know!"

Mary laughed at the suggestion that John might be homosexual. "No, honey, John likes girls, I promise. The reason he hasn't tried anything with you is that he RESPECTS you! He's in love, dear! And I think you are, too."

Carol started crying again, and Mary wrapped her little girl into her arms and kissed her on the top of her head.

The next day, John showed up at Carol's door at eight-thirty in the morning, with another single red "sweetheart" rose. Mary answered the door, and laughed at him. "Eager, aren't we?" she asked.

"Time flies," John said with a grin. "Carol available?"

"She's up," Mary said, "but she's still in her room putting together her stuff to go back."

"Can I see her?" John asked.

"Sure! But let me warn her, first."

Mary walked into the back of the apartment. John heard a quiet conversation, then a loud yelp from Carol. "He's here?"

Mary came back out. "She needs just a minute," Mary said. John saw Carol make a dash for the bathroom, dressed in flannel pajamas and her hair pinned up.

"Want some coffee?" Mary asked.

"That would be great" John said.

Eventually, Carol had herself put together and came out to see John waiting patiently, chatting comfortably with her mom. As soon as Carol sat down next to him, john gave Carol the flower, and Mary could see that Carol was about to cry again. Mary excused herself and made herself busy out of earshot in the back of the apartment. The two young people spent the next several hours talking quietly. Until Jeannie's VW honked out front. John helped Carol carry her two little bags out to the car, put them in, and Carol introduced him to her friend.

Jeannie gave the two some space, and just before Carol got in the car, John cradled her face in his hands and gave her a wonderful, soft, romantic kiss. No tongue, no hip thrusts, none of that. He communicated to her with his tenderness how much he loved her. Then, he took her hand and helped her sit down in the car, tucked in her skirt, and closed the door for her.

Jeannie drove away as John and Carol waved to each other. Carol was crying softly.

"Oh, oh!" said Jeannie.

... continued in "Before the Fall -- Part 3"

12