Behind The Potted Plant

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Neal would I be terribly out of line to ask you why you aren't married?"

"It's as fate would have it I guess," I said as I lied to her. "I do have a girlfriend of sorts, but nothing serious at this point. Dare I return the same question to you?"

She smiled and picked up her wine glass as she looked into my eyes. Women are so much better at that than men for some reason. "I guess it's a lot like you just said about fate. I was married for about two and a half years, but it wasn't a happy time, so maybe that has something to do with it as well."

"If you'll forgive me, as attractive and alluring as you are, I know it isn't for lack of attention from men."

Her smile grew and she drilled into my eyes again as she said, "Thank you Neal. I know you often say sweet things because you feel it's expected of you, but I think you meant that it that time."

"Of course I did. Please forgive me if I sound crude for a moment, but I'll tell you something I told Brook She asked me if I was...how did she phrase it...If I was developing a certain...a certain attachment to you. Not in these exact words, but I told her that I could fully appreciate you in every sense of the word, but that I spend most of my life around workmen that are in the habit of farting and scratching their balls and drinking too much beer." Before I could go farther she broke into a long laugh and leaned back before I could try to explain myself further.

"Is that what you're really like Neal?"

"No, I don't drink much beer," and again she broke into a titter of laughter. Then I added, "Right now, having dinner and wine with you is very refreshing and fun, and I continue to appreciate you in every sense of the word."

"Oh Neal you are also very refreshing and pleasant."

"Sorry if I offended you."

Again she laughed and then said, "You didn't offend me at all. You know, you and Jim are so alike in many ways, but your sense of humor and your slant on life are different than his. Neal, thank you so much for your flattery and I mean that. Most men will spew out strings of words that they think I want or need to hear and I'm used to that. But with you it's always different. I hear those words, but coming from you they sound different and so nice. More pleasing and fresh. Let's take our wine to the great room and talk about what lies ahead for us."

We stood in the middle of her already impressive great room and she slipped her arm around my waist. Something was going on and I decided it was Alexis toying with me. I was her key to her new party room, but in the meantime she was teasing me and she seemed to be enjoying herself. Other than finding myself nervous once again, I was having fun as well. My arm went around my rich customer's waist and I told her, "Okay, so tell me when you'd like me to start making your life complicated with noise, dust and commotion."

"Um...how about a week from Monday, is that possible?"

"That's very possible. That will give me time to go over everything once more. Now just to make sure. You do understand what will be happening right?"

"You've been very thorough so yes, I feel I know what will happen and I can't tell you how excited I am about this."

"I'll be eager to see what you think of the finished product."

She looked up at me with flirting eyes and said, "I already know that I'll love it."

"Then sadly I better get back because I have my work cut out for me."

As we walked toward the front door she asked me in a soft and almost plaintive tone, "So you think this project will go well then?"

"I can promise you that we will almost certainly have surprises and setbacks because things like that always happen at some point along the way. Weather problems, backordered materials or whatever. But we do our best to anticipate things like that and work around them. It's all part of the job. But that said, yes I think everything will be fine and we'll finish within our projected time frame. I have my best crews ready to start and I intend to be here frequently to make sure that we're doing our best for you."

At the door we stopped and she said, "Thank you very much for giving me so much personal attention Neal. I really do have total confidence in your skills and Jim's contribution as well. Both of you are the best as far as I'm concerned."

"Then I can go back to the office feeling I'm doing my job to keep you informed and as relaxed as circumstances allow." That garnered me a soft kiss, but this time on the lips. In truth I was her friend, but more importantly I was her hireling and still she felt comfortable enough with me to share that personal gesture.

"Thank you Alexis," and I left there feeling many things, but I didn't feel nervous. I even felt a little twinge of carnal urges toward sweet and somewhat mysterious Alexis. Once again, without knowing it, I'd just taken another step toward the end of my metaphorical gangplank.

Linda and I had dinner with Jim and Brook, plus my friends Logan, and his girlfriend Kitty Casey. We were at the Carriage House Restaurant on Adams Road, one of the best and nicest restaurants in the whole area if not the very best. We were there celebrating Brook's birthday and were in a festive mood.

I had warned Linda early on that I occasionally would throw flattery and general bull shit if I encountered a present or past customer. It was a good thing that I had made that clear, because Alexis appeared with another woman and came to our table. Being a gentleman in the making, I stood up and I kissed Alexis' cheek. Looking at all six of us in turn she said, "Everybody this is Evelyn Hagen. This sweet man is my general contractor Neal, and his girlfriend Linda. Then Jim and Brook and..."

"And," I said, "Alexis and Evelyn, this is Logan and Kitty, good friends of ours, and it's very nice to meet you Evelyn." The eight of us talked for a few minutes, and then after agreeing to meet for drinks after dinner, they went to their table, while the six of us resumed our somewhat festive but dignified birthday celebration. In the end, Alexis and Evelyn joined us at our table and we enjoyed some libations and more conversation. Evelyn had the longest and fairest blond hair I'd ever seen, coming down almost to her waist and I had to compliment her on her shining crown. Evelyn displayed a lot of self control, but she did grace me with a very fetching smile and soft words of thanks. I had to be careful not to pay too much attention to Evelyn because she really piqued my curiosity. Very nicely dressed and made up, and she was well poised, as well as a little rigid in her posture. Maybe just a little too thin and too proper was what I was seeing. In fact she made Alexis' breasts seem very adequate in comparison.

Logan and Kitty left in their car, and Linda and I drove toward Jim and Brooks house as we talked about Alexis and Evelyn, and the upcoming remodeling project. As we rode, Linda said, "I noticed Evelyn checking you out."

"I noticed Evelyn checking all of us out. She seemed to be one of those people that doesn't talk a lot, but they don't miss anything. She's very observant."

"Maybe that's what it was. You must have spent some time looking at her as well."

That was a reminder to me that I sometimes talk too much. The only thing I could do, was try to make a feeble attempt to defend myself saying, "I don't think I did. Maybe I was just being observant." Linda just looked at me with what I thought was a small, crooked and unbelieving smile, and to help bail me out, Jim started to talk about next weeks schedule.

Chapter Four

I was ready to get the big remodeling project underway, but for whatever reason Alexis wanted to wait a week. Then I remembered she was going to have a gathering of friends at some point in the next week.

Everything was quiet and the week went smoothly. That is until late Friday afternoon when I called Alexis. "Sorry to bother you, but would it be possible for me to stop by and take a few measurements?"

"Oh...um..."

"Not a good time I take it. That's okay, I just wanted to triple check something before Monday morning." That was a total lie. I was just trying to impress her with how thorough I was going to be. Just doing my dog and pony show was all it was.

"How long would you need Neal? I certainly appreciate you being thorough."

"No more than...say half an hour, but I'm not in the office so I'll need close to an hour to get there and finish." Another step on my gangplank and it was starting to bounce under my feet.

"I'm having my friends in but...half an hour is all you need?"

"That's all and I promise to be efficient and as invisible as possible."

"What area will you have to be in?"

"I want to recheck the load bearing walls between the grilling porch and your master suite and the hearth room area."

"Of course, that will be fine. My guests will be here, but I don't mind if you don't."

"Not at all, and as soon as I'm done I'll just slip out and not bother you." If only I could have known. I was at the end of my plank, but I was wrong. Sharks weren't waiting for me. It was Tic Toc from Peter Pan and his whole damn hungry family.

Cars were parked wherever they could find a place, be it the driveway or the grass. I counted twelve and gave up as I went to the door and rang the bell. Alexis was like I'd never seen her before. Short chocolate brown split front skirt, but that wasn't the only issue. Nor was the silky blouse with the deep plunging neckline. As she opened the door I could see the fancy top of her thigh high nylon on her right thigh. She had a glass of what looked like champagne in her left hand and she was beaming. How many glasses of bubbly had she already consumed? I stepped in and was greeted with another kiss, but this time I tasted her tongue as she held me close with her right arm as she splashed champagne on my arm. When she released her hold on me I was smiling like an idiot, but I recovered and told her, "Now I have to say, I've never been received that nicely before, thank you."

"You're welcome. Oh and look at you all dressed in slacks and a beautiful dress shirt. Do come in love."

"Thank you, I just came from a meeting in South Bend." The sound of many voices all talking at the same time came to me from the great room, so I slipped into the hearth room and Alexis returned to her friends. As soon as I was alone I stopped and touched my lips with my finger. Did she just give me one hell of a nice kiss or was I coming unglued? Did I just see her right leg almost up to her promised land? I made a show of dragging a tape measure around the room and jotting nonsense on a tiny pad of paper. Then I'd pause and stare at the wall and do something else. All done just in case Alexis would happen to peek in on me to check my progress.

I was sure I'd made my impression with her, so I put my eight foot tape in my pocket, tucked my notepad in my shirt pocket and started to make my way toward the kitchen. It was my plan to slip through the laundry room and exit through the garage door. Really, that was my plan. That is until I heard a loud noise coming from the great room, from what had to be most of the women squealing and clapping at the same time. I shouldn't have done it and I was even aware of that fact at the time, but I was overpowered by curiosity. I peeked around the end of the wall separating the hearth room from the great room. I still wonder how long I stared at all of them without blinking. Four young studs here standing in the near center of the room and each holding trays filled with glasses full of champagne or sparkling wine. It was something clear and bubbly and I was willing to bet it wasn't Seven Up.

But that observation only took me seconds to study. What really had me holding my breath was...well it was several details actually. In order of first observation only, the first detail was, Evelyn was there with her very long blond hair. Standing there in her very short shorts, medium heels and what appeared to be a nearly invisible top, and an almost non existent bra. But I'd seen Alexis dressed to kill. Then I remembered her tiny split skirt and sexy dark nylons.

After Evelyn it was Holly Newlander. I had met her and was around her for awhile at some point in my not too distant past. Long legs. Make those stunning legs, and a lot like Alexis' legs in fact. She had delicate china like features and very fair complexion. Large dark eyes and perfect eye makeup. Medium breasts that must have been an eyeful when looking at her from the front. She belonged on a fashion runway except she rarely smiled. Aloof was what came to my mind.

I pulled back before I could be seen and continued digesting what I had just witnessed. Jill Samuels was next in my mental line up. Bold black and white print button blouse and black, what I think was called, an A line skirt. Anyway, it flared at the bottom and in keeping with the others it was short. Her hair was cut in what I could only call a shaggy cut and in an unruly style. Round face that matched her chunky build and she had enough eye makeup on for three women.

Next was a woman I didn't know. Dark short cut hair with silver highlights, large eyes with perfect makeup and glasses that must have been designed for her face. She was one detail that almost made me forget to be careful about being seen. Had Alexis caught me I would have been in so much trouble, but the true significance of that fact didn't seem to penetrate my overly dense testosterone muddled brain.

I had to look again because there were many other women that I hadn't had time to study. Plus, what were those four studs up to? They sure as hell weren't the real wait staff for the little informal gathering. The possibility that came to my mind seemed to be too ludicrous to even consider, but I had to know for some reason. So I was overwhelmed with...okay, I was prying into what wasn't any of my business. At some point I decided that Alexis had been very particular when making her guest list. All good looking in their own way, but none better looking than she was. She wanted, and perhaps needed, to be queen of her domain. I just had to look one more time.

This time just about knocked me off of my feet and I stared without regard to my own future existence let alone safety. My Linda was now in my line of sight. I didn't even know that she knew Alexis, beyond a hello, and in fact she didn't mention anything about knowing her when we saw Alexis at the restaurant. Linda, just like the others, was very lightly dressed and the one brief glance that I got of her as she turned toward me slightly, was the vee of her blouse went almost to her waist and I didn't see any evidence of a bra, and I was no more than thirty feet from her. She didn't see me because she was very busy studying stud number one as his shirt came off and went flying. Holy shit those guys really were male strippers. There was no way I was leaving the show at least for the moment. That guy I labeled as Blondie, and Lady killer, the second and very handsome guy, was next to lose his white shirt. I hate men like that. Smooth tanned skin, good looks and perfect sparkling white teeth on display through his perpetual smile. Slim waist and nicely filled out pecs, shoulders and upper arms.

Stud number three was Mr. Perfect. He had it all. Nice hair that was naturally perfect. Great smile, perfectly proportioned body and on and on. I was tall and lean and in good shape and even blond, but I was no match for his good looks.

Muscles was the fourth guy and I named him that for obvious reasons. He probably bench pressed five hundred pounds a hundred times before breakfast every day.

I had to hide myself again and take a moment to absorb what I was seeing. There were at least a dozen other women that I had never seen before, but what struck me was, they all had to either know what was coming, or Alexis had somehow convinced all of them to dress very sexy for the party. A couple in tight jeans, but most of them in shorts, short skirts or short halter top dresses. Any garment that could be considered sexy seemed to be out there except for night ware. Oh yes, and the thumping loud music. Just listening to that could make a person envision hot sweaty bodies gyrating and humping each other and even become one of those pulsating participants.

Chapter Five

I very slowly moved until I could see the room with my left eye. All attention was on the four studs so I moved out a little farther and watched as two chairs appeared, and the guys started to tease and flirt with the women one by one. I couldn't hear what was being said beyond a disconnected word here and there and that was driving me crazy, but there was nothing I could do about that. Then Lady Killer pulled Linda to her feet and coaxed her to one of the chairs. It didn't seem to take a lot of coaxing either.

In the meantime, Blondie selected one of the women I didn't know. She was one of them in a halter top dress, or whatever the hell it would be called. I just saw the long vee with her light almost pale skin contrasting with the black fabric. Linda was looking straight ahead, and as weird as it sounds, with a mixture of elation and fear. Miss Unknown was much the same, but she managed something approaching a smile. Now with the women sitting on those chairs, the man parts of the two studs were almost perfectly aligned with the two women's faces, and the men took advantage of that fact as they moved around and teased without actually touching them. Linda's eyes followed Blondie's cock and balls as he moved in front of her until he put a blind fold on her. Then he put whipping cream on his finger and had her suck it off, and at the same time the same thing was happening to Miss Unknown as the rest of the women laughed or giggled or clapped. Then Blondie pulled Linda's top forward just enough to shoot whipping cream all over her breast as she took a quick breath in surprise, and then on to the other breast.

But then I stopped breathing once again, because Blondie put his hands on her breasts and pushed the whipped cream around massaging her tits as she sat there blindfolded and smiling. Had any other strange guy ever put hands on her breasts she would have screamed rape, but for reasons that I couldn't quite appreciate, she was smiling and the other woman was saying something through her large grin.

I ducked back again so I could think about seeing Linda being pawed by that more naked than dressed ass hole. I was turned on and pissed at the same time, but I didn't know if I was pissed at him or at her. The evening was young and only going to get more intense and I knew that. Then another thought came to me. Alexis didn't have to worry about the carpet or floor because in a matter of days my crew would be ripping all of that up anyway. All of the partiers could totally trash the place and it wouldn't matter.

When I chanced another look, the first thing I saw were Gina's breasts. At some point her top and bra had been donated to the floor and might never be seen again. Then I realized another unknown woman was stripped to the waist. Things might well start to happen faster as the champagne was guzzled and the studs advanced their game. What a job to have. For a couple of hours or so they could entertain women they didn't even know. They could touch and fondle, kiss and strip them with impunity. In fact the women would love them for it. I knew so little about what I was witnessing and that fact would become glaringly obvious over the next half an hour or so.

The next time I looked at Linda, she was down to her panties right along with Miss Unknown, and Blondie's red thong was history. Maybe it was somewhere with Gina's bra and top, but that didn't matter, because as I watched, Linda reached for his hard cock, and Miss Anonymous went to her knees to suck stud number two. The other two sans shirt studs were moving through the other twelve or fifteen women, and those two guys were touching and being touched with total abandon. My gangplank was getting slippery now and I was staring down into an abyss called my nightmare in the making.