Betrayal Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Partway through her reverie, she realized she had been talking out loud. Derek was just sitting there nodding, no interruptions. She was immediately embarrassed.

"I shouldn't have said those things out loud."

"Nonsense, Emma, they were straight from the heart. And they weren't things I didn't already suspect." He moved closer on the sofa and took her hand. "You are a chatterbox -- at least with me when we're out running. Have you noticed that?"

"I am?"

"Yes, that's how I knew you needed to talk. Shyness can be overcome. It's just a form of insecurity. Secure people might be quiet, but in my experience, they aren't shy."

That last comment had the ring of stone cold truth to Emma. It also opened the flood gates and Emma spoke to Derek that night about things she'd never been able to say out loud, about how she felt she had evil thoughts that needed to be controlled, that her father made her feel that she was never good enough, about how she felt that Peter didn't really love her all that much.

Eventually, she looked at her watch and leaped to her feet. "Oh my gosh, it's nearly midnight!"

"So?"

"I've taken up your whole evening with my...chattering."

"I've enjoyed listening. You needed to talk."

Suddenly Emma felt afraid and vulnerable. "You won't say anything to anyone else, will you?"

Derek moved towards her and gave her a big hug. "You're my friend, Emma, and I'd never do anything to hurt you."

A thought sprang into the woman's head. "Are you real?"

He laughed heartily. "Oh yes. I just have a mission in life."

"And what's that?"

"To make people happy."

She looked up at her friend piercingly. "I thought all men were only after one thing."

Derek grinned. "We are. Quite often my helping people gives me very great pleasure."

"Do you want to do things to me?"

"Certainly. But only if you ask me to." He let Emma go and walked her to the back door. "We skirted around the sexual stuff tonight because I know how uncomfortable it makes you, but you know already that I heard you climax last night, so I know you were masturbating."

Emma gulped at the intimate turn the conversation had taken, but instead of scurrying for her own back door, she decided to be brave and simply nodded.

"This evening when we were first talking, I immediately noticed that you were feeling really happy for a change. You actually teased me, jumping over the fence like you did. That's not normal behavior for you, Emma."

Where was Derek going with this?

He opened the screen door for her. "Think about this: you masturbated, gave yourself release and the next day you felt happy and confident. Think the two aren't related?" He patted her rear end to get her through the door, then easily lifted her over the dividing fence. Just before setting her down, he kissed her cheek lightly. "Goodnight, Emma."

With that he was gone.

She stayed up very late, thinking hard.