Blazing Glory Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ShadwNinjaX
ShadwNinjaX
1,349 Followers

Blaze gasped as his ears rung terribly from the sound. The lightning had passed him by only a few feet. When his vision stopped acting so blurry, he couldn't believe what he saw. A massive smoking hole was all that was left of the fallen giant's chest. He could tell from where he was that the hole went all the way through. With amazement, he finally understood what she had meant. The storm's wrath, he thought in awe...

********************

It took them all some time to regain themselves. Drisana had tossed the smoking corpse over the cliff before setting about tending to her daughter's wing. Blaze, Tyra, and Nadine went about inspecting each other's wounds. Nadine and Tyra only suffered a few nasty bruises and scrapes. Blaze was beginning to bruise as well and found his ribs to be feeling a bit tender. Luckily there were no breaks.

Drisana parted with her children as she flew Nadine and Blaze close to Lachlan with Tyra flying beside her. Blaze talked with Drisana on the way down. They knew what was happening and it was better that she appear with him as he made their case to the people of the town. After getting off, he had been stunned to see Drisana take her other most preferred form. A beautiful blue-haired woman with her dragon wings extending from her back.

The reception had been an uneasy one with many of the people not coming out to them. Eventually, a good number decided to hear what he had to say, including the town mayor and Edwin. They seemed unsure as he went through explaining how the giants had been set to divide the races through fear and hatred and being to real culprits behind the attacks. Drisana spoke often as he told the tale as she watched him with newfound respect and feelings. Her calm and pleasant tone helped her assurances convince the people of the truth being told.

It was after the mayor's own assurance of no retaliation that Rae and Kendra found them. They all told their stories to Kendra as Rae silently went about healing their wounds with her spells. It saddened Blaze when Drisana informed them that she had to return to her duties and children. Everyone bade her farewell before she left with a promise to see them all once again in the near future.

The little company spent one more night in Lachlan to rest and gather more supplies before setting out once again after Danika in the morning. They were only out of Lachlan by an hour when they came upon a familiar sight on the path. At least to Nadine, that is! The blonde giant was heavily bandaged and quaking with rage as he looked at them.

"You! I will make you pay for what you've done to me," he laughed insanely.

Blaze began to reach for his swords when Rae surprised him by stepping out in front of them all. "Oloth plynn dos," she said calmly, yet so coldly that it sent shivers running down his spine.. Death's Mistress raised her hand up to the maddened giant palm open. Black fire that seemed to swallow all the light of the world erupted from her palm and shot straight for the giant. His head was engulfed instantly! The fire left as quickly as it had come, leaving a smoking headless body to crash backwards.

Blaze turned in surprise to see Kendra clapping softly with a smirk upon those pale lips. Rae glanced back to the succubus and they shared a look as they smirked to one another. He was astounded that they were clearly getting along better. How this had happened, he had no idea!

Grunts drew their attention back in front of them to see twenty giants angrily glaring them. Apparently the one Rae had just killed had brought some friends that had just rounded the bend in the path.

"I don't suppose you can do that again for all of them, now could you Rae?" he asked nervously as he backed away slowly with the others.

Rae shook her head and smiled wryly, "Bel'la dos, my Patron. I like knowing you can think so much of me, but no. I cannot. Not against this many," she hummed as she stepped back with them. Clearly this was trouble as it looked like there were too many for them all to handle.

Blaze was just about ready to get this standoff over with and charge with he heard something whistling through the air. All of them glanced up to see an arrow speeding towards the giants as it glowed brightly. When it hit the ground before the squad of hulking men, it exploded with such force that everyone was thrown to their backs except for Kendra. The demoness watched with narrowed eyes as she stood her ground as the dust and debris flew past her. When the dust settled, a massive crater lay in the path before them. Of their enemy there was nothing left.

"What in Stavros's name just happened," Blaze groaned as he stood up, brushing the dust away.

"Watch your mouth, Blaze!" A voice chimed above them. He blinked in wonder as he watched a winged woman land in front of them. She had long flowing hair and wore robes. Her wings were white and feathery. An angel? If not, what was she.

"I did that because you have more important matter to deal with. Your search for Danika ends here as she is well ahead of you by now," she stated simply. "I am Kiora Celeste. Your presence has been requested and I will take you to have your audience with Stavros himself...."

********************

Koas drummed her fingers angrily upon the skull at the end of her armrest. Her red eyes flicked with the intensity of the fury that she felt building within her. Blaze and his friends had once initially been an amusement. Now they had become a major irritation to her. She shouldn't have taken them so lightly all this time. She had taken them too lightly when she simply sent the ninja after him. Nariko was reliable enough, but against most of the rest of the world. Blaze and his group seemed to be a cut above and proved to be too much.

The thought of Nariko's failure still angered her greatly. The female ninja had gone into hiding, in no doubt to shelter from her Mistress's wrath until she calmed down. But Koas was not forgetful let alone forgiving. She would never let this failure down. When Nariko finally showed her face wherever she was, she would be punished severely for her failure and ignoring the summons of her goddess.

Putting the matter out of her mind, the exotic beauty stood and walked over to a window. Gazing out over the fiery wasteland, she sent out her mental summons. Within mere seconds, the shadow mistress stepped out of the shadows behind her. Lexiss dropped down to a knee in the presence of the one who created her.

"You summoned me, Mistress Koas?" the shadow mistress stated.

Koas simply nodded and looked over her shoulder to Lexiss. She knew that this task required someone she could rely on. Someone that was the only person she could trust with such an important task and have to power to make sure it was completed. Lexiss had always proven her reliability time and time again. Even through these grueling tasks of recruiting for her army that often demanded sexual actions. Most would balk at such, but Lexiss had never hesitated. Nor would she hesitate in this matter.

"It is time our 'friend' is taken care of. It seems that you may be the only one capable of doing it right," Koas whispered, but loud enough for Lexiss to hear. She turned around to face her avatar with a dark look. "Kill Blaze, my child. And make sure he suffers greatly in the process. Wherever he is in Aidan, I want to be able to hear his screams."

"As you wish, my Mistress," Lexiss uttered obediently before rising. She gazed coolly out the windows now towards the source of this new task. "He will suffer to his last breath as you command. He will wish for the pits of the fiery Abyss every moment to escape what he will go through. And there will be no heaven or hell left for him after what is done....."

ShadwNinjaX
ShadwNinjaX
1,349 Followers